Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with JC Business ? Post Here

Options
  • 08-06-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

As per title above .

If I can't help you , someone else definitely can :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

nanook5 wrote: »
    As per title above .

If I can't help you , someone else definitely can :D

For the Q1 on paper 2, when doing the Creditors' Ledgers/General Ledgers, how would I know whether to use "balance" or "bank"?

Would wholeheartedly appreciate it if you could answer this question. If you can't, it's completely okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

yvngceebs wrote: »
    For the Q1 on paper 2, when doing the Creditors' Ledgers/General Ledgers, how would I know whether to use "balance" or "bank"?

Would wholeheartedly appreciate it if you could answer this question. If you can't, it's completely okay :)

Sorry, i can't help but i have a bit of advice, do not do that question.

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Sorry, i can't help but i have a bit of advice, do not do that question.

I sort of, kind-of understand it. I understand the ACB, General Journal, Purchase Books and the Trial Balance. Then comes the General + Creditors' Ledgers. Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I sort of, kind-of understand it. I understand the ACB, General Journal, Purchase Books and the Trial Balance. Then comes the General + Creditors' Ledgers. Grrrr.

OK . I would also advise you not to do this but here's my answer to your question :D (Keep in mind I may be wrong)

From looking at the 2004 solutions it seems that balance is used for something that is outstanding e.g share capital because that needs to be paid back to the shareholders and bank is used when something is paid out/in e.g sales or purchases or VAT

Then Balance is used for balance b/d and balance c/d

I think that's right :P

OK . I would also advise you not to do this but here's my answer to your question :D (Keep in mind I may be wrong)

From looking at the 2004 solutions it seems that balance is used for something that is outstanding e.g share capital because that needs to be paid back to the shareholders and bank is used when something is paid out/in e.g sales or purchases or VAT

Then Balance is used for balance b/d and balance c/d

I think that's right :P

Thank you so much! ^.^

• Advertisement

Thank you so much! ^.^

No problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

I only write balance when it says the word balance (like they tell you to use it) eg. Post the balances from this general journal into ledgers

Then use bank from the rest, like all entries from the analysed cash book are put in the ledgers as 'bank'...
    I think anyway.....

I don't think they would penalise you heavily if you miss-used Balance/bank . They are really looking for the correct figures .

Beca19 wrote: »
    I only write balance when it says the word balance (like they tell you to use it) eg. Post the balances from this general journal into ledgers

Then use bank from the rest, like all entries from the analysed cash book are put in the ledgers as 'bank'...
    I think anyway.....

That's a better explanation than mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

You use "balance" when posting figures from the general journal to the ledgers.
    You use "bank" when posting figures from the analysed cash book to the ledgers.
    Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

Kelly090 wrote: »
    You use "balance" when posting figures from the general journal to the ledgers.
    You use "bank" when posting figures from the analysed cash book to the ledgers.
    Hope this helps :)

Helped so, so, so much! Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Helped so, so, so much! Thank you!!

No problem :)oh and by the way you use GJ for the folio (in the ledgers) when posting from the general journal.
    Use ACB in the folio when posting from the analysed cash book.
    You probably already know that but just in case! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

My advice is don't do the day books (Q1, Paper 2). They take a while and unless you're really good at them they'll wreck your head. You do 4 of 6 I think so I'll be having a stab at some of the other ones :)

Kelly090 wrote: »
    No problem :)oh and by the way you use GJ for the folio (in the ledgers) when posting from the general journal.
    Use ACB in the folio when posting from the analysed cash book.
    You probably already know that but just in case! :)

Thank you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LaLeche

not to be mean... but you can't learn the general and creditor ledger the night before....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Predictions for long answer questions tomorrow ?

Well Paper 1 is:

Household budget
    Club accounts
    The consumer
    Banking
    People at work
    and another one ..... (that I can't think of)

Paper 2 :
    Ledgers(Which most people don't do)
    Bookkeeping and documents and invoices
    Final accounts
    Cash flow forecast is likely(My friend told me today,I'm not sure)
    Marketing is likely also

The rest of P2 is pretty unpredictable but I haven't looked at what can com up

I just go with the (cash)flow :P

Would I be okay not doing club accounts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Well Paper 1 is:

Household budget
    Club accounts
    The consumer
    Banking
    People at work
    and another one ..... (that I can't think of)

Economics ;)

yaEHya wrote: »
    Would I be okay not doing club accounts ?

Yes . You should be fine but I would suggest doing them

• Advertisement

Yes . You should be fine but I would suggest doing them

I know how to do the shop account ones but theres other harder ones that come up sometimes?

I know how to do the shop account ones but theres other harder ones that come up sometimes?

Bar trading account , Receipts and payments account(Summary of analysed cash book) , Balance sheet and income and expenditure account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Don't be too concerned about what goes in the Details column in the ledgers. The marks are given for writing in the amounts of money on the correct side of the accounts.

And remember when you post/transfer an amount from the Cash Book to the Ledgers, the amount changes side: Debit in the Cash, Credit in the Ledgers, and vice.

Any tips for the short answers only got 30 In the mock which brought me down too a c

Any tips for the short answers only got 30 In the mock which brought me down too a c

GO PRACTICE THEM NOW!!!!

Know what goes in trading account,P&L,Balance sheet , Debtors/creditor control accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Go over the previous years questions. You'll soon notice that a fair number of them come round year on year, with only the names and numbers changing.

VG31 wrote: »
    Economics ;)

That was it :D

A note of advice, the examiner will bend you over with a rusty spork if you try to do the club accounts using business account templates and headings, also don't piss of the examiner by doing all the section i and 2 questions. Thats an ordinary level move...

Heres a great tip, you're ****ed now boy. Lol its the night before come on! The short questions cover the whole entirety of the course and don't say it brought you down. They are not huge marks the short questions

• Advertisement

delaad wrote: »
    Don't be too concerned about what goes in the Details column in the ledgers. The marks are given for writing in the amounts of money on the correct side of the accounts.

And remember when you post/transfer an amount from the Cash Book to the Ledgers, the amount changes side: Debit in the Cash, Credit in the Ledgers, and vice.

Hi this is terrible advice, honestly you lose a lot of marks for that sort of ordinary level carry on.
    When coming from the cash book, you use bank otherwise balance

Advertisement