Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with JC Business ? Post Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

LaLeche wrote: »
    A note of advice, the examiner will bend you over with a rusty spork if you try to do the club accounts using business account templates and headings, also don't piss of the examiner by doing all the section i and 2 questions. Thats an ordinary level move...
    What do you mean by Doing all the section i and 2 questions?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

JWM12 wrote: »
    My advice is don't do the day books (Q1, Paper 2). They take a while and unless you're really good at them they'll wreck your head. You do 4 of 6 I think so I'll be having a stab at some of the other ones :)

Having done my JC last year I would strongly disagree with this advice. This question is very easy to get good marks in once you know what to do. And it really doesn't take long to do despite what you may be told. I did an extra question and still left with 25 mins left. Probably not best to try it now though if you have never "got it" .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LaLeche

Blue giant wrote: »
    Having done my JC last year I would strongly disagree with this advice. This question is very easy to get good marks in once you know what to do. And it really doesn't take long to do despite what you may be told. I did an extra question and still left with 25 mins left. Probably not best to try it now though if you have never "got it" .

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Is anyone else actually going to do the ledger question? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Liordi wrote: »
    Me :D Our teacher is really good and explained the question sooo well! :D It's really handy because I have 3 of 4 questions on paper 2 next to guaranteed to come up (ledger, documents and final accounts). :D

• Advertisement

Me :D Our teacher is really good and explained the question sooo well! :D It's really handy because I have 3 of 4 questions on paper 2 next to guaranteed to come up (ledger, documents and final accounts). :D

Our teacher is appalling but I think I should be alright for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

They are guaranteed :D 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darman124

how do you know which dates to put in?

darman124 wrote: »
    how do you know which dates to put in?

Its usually the end and start of the month AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Yano for the q on government spent is all you have to do just fill on capital income and spending take them away from each other and then say whether its a surplus or deficit?

• Advertisement

Eims14 wrote: »
    Yano for the q on government spent is all you have to do just fill on capital income and spending take them away from each other and then say whether its a surplus or deficit?

Usually, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Usually, yeah.

Thanks it just seemed too easy :)

Eims14 wrote: »
    Thanks it just seemed too easy :)

It is. :D
    Theory part is the worst, imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Me :) I'm alright except for the general journal I forget how to do those..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

Identify 2 legal requirements that must be satisfied when opening a bank account? And the definition for limited resources? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Yes, along with TPL, Sales documents, and then chance my arm at something else

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Chloee98 wrote: »
    Identify 2 legal requirements that must be satisfied when opening a bank account? And the definition for limited resources? :o

Proof of Identity eg. Passport
    Proof of address eg. Telephone/ESB bill

Limited resources (presuming this is referring to the government) means that the government doesn't have enough money to pay for/buy everything they would like to, so they have to budget and allocate their money and resources to the most important departments/expenses

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

How do you calculate bad debts?

Oisin4 wrote: »
    How do you calculate bad debts?

Depends on the question.
    Typically it's just a percentage of the debt they own.
    e.g "John is bankrupt and owes Mary €10 000 and agrees to pay her .30 cent for every €1 he owes."

10000 x .30 = €3000 (amount John paid to Mary)
    Mary has to write off a bad debt of €7000.
    i.e, the cost of the bad debt is €7000.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭roisiny

Ive the whole theory course covered... theres only like 7 pages of key words does that sound about right? And which accounts should I focus most on now, apart from the ledger as I'm pure brutal at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

LaLeche wrote: »
    not to be mean... but you can't learn the general and creditor ledger the night before....

Who says? I just did bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

for receipts and payments account on club accounts is the cash from the accumulated funds the opening balance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dr. Toaster

Which accounts go in which record books? I mean, where does the (for example) trial balance or double-entry go? This is for higher level. A list of what goes in each would be really helpful! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

Which accounts go in which record books? I mean, where does the (for example) trial balance or double-entry go? This is for higher level. A list of what goes in each would be really helpful! Thanks.

They will include record books in the answer booklet tomorrow. At the top, it will say which accounts go where for you. :)

Does anyone know if you're allowed log tables in business?

for receipts and payments account on club accounts is the cash from the accumulated funds the opening balance

Yes it is

I just found that out by doing a question :D

Does anyone know if you're allowed log tables in business?

Why do you need them ?

nanook5 wrote: »
    Why do you need them ?

Formula for compound interest is in it.
    Could be other formulas as well. :P

Formula for compound interest is in it.
    Could be other formulas as well. :P

That is the only one :D

Ask your supervisor:P