Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with JC Business ? Post Here

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Which accounts go in which record books? I mean, where does the (for example) trial balance or double-entry go? This is for higher level. A list of what goes in each would be really helpful! Thanks.

It ill look like this Snapshot_20140609.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

nanook5 wrote: »
    Well Paper 1 is:

Household budget
    Club accounts
    The consumer
    Banking
    People at work
    and another one ..... (that I can't think of)

Paper 2 :
    Ledgers(Which most people don't do)
    Bookkeeping and documents and invoices
    Final accounts
    Cash flow forecast is likely(My friend told me today,I'm not sure)
    Marketing is likely also

The rest of P2 is pretty unpredictable but I haven't looked at what can com up

I just go with the (cash)flow :P

How do you know?

How do you know?

Most of them are guaranteed (Look at the chart at the start of your exam papers) but I'm guessing that a cash flow forecast and marketing will come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Most of them are guaranteed (Look at the chart at the start of your exam papers) but I'm guessing that a cash flow forecast and marketing will come up :)

Cash flow.forecast is basically a budget for.a.business.isnt it(in the sense that its all filling in like)

Eims14 wrote: »
    Cash flow.forecast is basically a budget for.a.business.isnt it(in the sense that its all filling in like)

Yes. It is very easy once you can do a household budget . Its just fill in the blanks and add/subtract :D

• Advertisement

Yes. It is very easy once you can do a household budget . Its just fill in the blanks and add/subtract :D

YES!well than I hope that.comes up :D

YES!well than I hope that.comes up :D

Hopefully :P

I'm fooked if ratios come up . :eek:

Oh and for a report do u layout the beginning like a letter or do you just.go straight to Dear...

Hopefully :P

I'm fooked if ratios come up . :eek:

Yup me too :(

Oh and for a report do u layout the beginning like a letter or do you just.go straight to Dear...

In my book there is no dear at all . It is not a letter, it's a report so you say "Arising from your instructions we have..... and established that ....."

• Advertisement

In my book there is no dear at all . It is not a letter, it's a report so you say "Arising from your instructions we have..... and established that ....."
    So you just go straight into.the report likr aftrr examining X at your request we ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

One of the times there was a report and they gave the headings..hoping it's like that for us.

So you just go straight into.the report likr aftrr examining X at your request we ...?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Whats the difference between life assurance and endowment??

pizzamad wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, endowment is a type of life assurance. An Endowment Policy is a type of life assurance where the money is paid out upon an agreed age or death- whichever comes first.

pizzamad wrote: »

Endowment is a sub policy of life assurance .

It is when a policy is taken out for an agreed period of time.It either gives the insured person a lump sum at the end of that period or pays an agreed amount if the person dies before the maturity date .

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Anyone have any general business notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Could someone help me please!
    I'm doing 2008 books of first entry and one of the entries for the analysed cash book is 'Short Ltd paid its account in full and this was lodged'

How do I know how much it is and where does it go?!

Okay, for the club accounts what book do we put the income and expenditure account into, and also do we include the purchase or sale of fixed assets?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

If we get an analysed cash book question (not on p2 q1) do we have to draw the book ourselves?

• Advertisement

They have different pages for different accounts . All the templates are drawn out for us .

Re:Sale or purchase of fixed asset in club account.

NO IT NEVER GOES IN !!!!! Only depreciation of a fixed asset :)

They have different pages for different accounts . All the templates are drawn out for us .

Re:Sale or purchase of fixed asset in club account.

NO IT NEVER GOES IN !!!!! Only depreciation of a fixed asset :)

Does it go in the receipts and payments a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Beca19 wrote: »
    Could someone help me please!
    I'm doing 2008 books of first entry and one of the entries for the analysed cash book is 'Short Ltd paid its account in full and this was lodged'

How do I know how much it is and where does it go?!

Enter in the debit side the amount owed to you by Short Ltd. You take the figure from the general journal and enter it on the debit side of the analysed cash book, because they paid the amount owed by them on full :) hopefully thats right! And good luck today!

Does it go in the receipts and payments a/c?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Kelly090 wrote: »
    Enter in the debit side the amount owed to you by Short Ltd. You take the figure from the general journal and enter it on the debit side of the analysed cash book, because they paid the amount owed by them on full :) hopefully thats right! And good luck today!

Thank you :D

Advertisement