Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

• 08-06-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

New thread, go mad.

9999 posts to go :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

by the time this thread closes, we'll have Cesc, Shaw and Costa in Chelsea shirts.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id be happy with Costa and Cesc, VERY happy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I still have my reservations on cesc coming, I'll wait till I see it on the website.

Anybody got an English translation of that linked cesc article on the last thread?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Anybody got an English translation of that linked cesc article on the last thread?

using page translate
    The Barcelona officially announced the departure of Cesc Fabregas before the World Cup begins. It will all parts, from the midfielder himself to Chelsea , solve the issue asap. In fact, the agreement between clubs is closed for days-a reason for the variables 33 million which escaped Gerard Piqué and conditions of the contract of the player with the London agency are already agreed as well as their physical. The only thing missing for polishing operation is the disengagement agreement between Barca and Cesc, whose contract expired in 2016. Meanwhile, Barca entity that needs money to undertake the "major refurbishment" planned for this summer, will sign his more beneficial since the departure of Yaya Toure heading to Manchester City four years ago for sale. Do not be the last to occur in the coming weeks.

In principle, the Sevilla Ivan Rakitic who will fill the vacancy that will leave a Cesc has been unable in three seasons as a niche player must outline Barcelona. His numbers will guarantee goals and 45 assists -42-but he has not served either to curdle a good relationship with the supporters of the Camp Nou , which gave him sonic blasts at the end of course. This has influenced their decision to return to the Premier and the close link especially your partner, Daniela Semaan, has with London, the city where part of his family.

Precisely Semaan stars in the latest nod to a signing that lives pending an official statement, as published on Sunday a picture of him with Antonella Rocuzzo, Messi's girlfriend, labeled "I'll miss you." Both have been very friendly in recent seasons. Without going any further, enjoyed last summer holiday in each other's company. From now have to get used to the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

@ gav (from previous superthread)

Yep, Eto'o ended up becoming the main man, but he was drafted in to back up Torres (that was optimistic!)

Drogba would be useful as a battering ram to bust through a bus or two. Although many would see Lukaku as ideal for that role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

quote from costa

Asked if he was heading to Chelsea, he told Cadena Cope: "Well, it looks like that."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9342477/Transfer-news-Atletico-Madrid-striker-Diego-Costa-admits-he-is-heading-for-Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

have to say, i'm absolutely cracking up with the lack of movement in our deals!

WC starts on Thurs and noone will want to think about transfers till afterwards, please god Mon/Tues/Wed we announce something.

I think this summer we're making some huge changes and are finally targeting our major gaps after filling a huge one with Matic in Jan.

In:
    Costa
    Lukaku
    Courtois
    Fabregas

I'm fairly confident with half of that happening and that alone would make us such a better well rounded side.

Id be worried we've lost Courtois and Lukaku, I think that loans for both have propelled them massively but also backfired and both might move on.

I'm not concerned about a left back at all, id simply keep Azpi where he is and keep either Bertrand (who I rate very highly) or Van Aanholt as backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

If those Fabregas rumours are true, we'll know by tomorrow or Tuesday, nothing ever happens on the weekend transfer-wise.
    Some sort of an agreement announced between the clubs and the hype is to be believed, otherwise i'd say no talks of any sort have happened yet and won't(if at all) until after the WC.

Hurry up World Cup i'm itching for some footie

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Going to the Nou Camp in the morning. I'll ask them what's the story with Cesc and get back to ye then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I'll believe it when he is holding a Blue shirt up for the press. Same goes for all the others that are in high demand.
    Lukaku and Courtois to name but two.

A bit tired of Lukaku and his comments if they are to be believed. To be honest, this is where José has to "stamp" his authority.
    The player can never be bigger than the club. What Ferguson achieved in his bully tactics was fear of loosing a place on the squad.
    Moreover, he gained the respect of the dressing room. Whether or not we agreed with it or not is a personal view. However, we can all agree that the results spoke for themselves.
    Lukaku acting the maggot, or whatever, should not be tolerated. He should want to play for Chelsea. Maybe he does, and the press are on overdrive with out of context quotes, who knows? I don't.
    Likewise with Courtois - He seems like he doesn't want to play for us either. Fair enough, but will money talk and bullsh1t walk? I don't know this either. I really wish I did however. This waiting before the WC is a load of balls.
    / rant.

It all costs, Courtois cant be left to leave, Lukaku, well he can be replaced but Courtois is a huge talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wouldn't worry too much about the lack of progress with deals. I think a huge chunk of our business has already been wrapped up, it's just quite difficult in a World Cup year to get it 100% before the tournament starts. Especially since most national squads have banned agents from being anywhere near the camps.

Just for the LOLZ

iTnizG9n53Ppb.gif

I wouldnt take him over Lukaku and certainly not Costa.

I think he should be a last resort signing, albeit, a decent one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

McDave wrote: »

Drogba would be useful as a battering ram to bust through a bus or two. Although many would see Lukaku as ideal for that role.
    Just cause their physically big players doesn't mean their style is the same.
    Lukaku plays on the shoulder of the defender, looking for the through ball to run on to or sometimes receiving the ball and charging at defenders, much like Torres plays. (which is why unless Torres is shed, Lukaku won't get a game), whereas Drogba holds up the ball, uses his strength to hold off the defence and waits for the support players to arrive.
    Granted Lukaku is a young player and is retrainable, but I think it would be a waste of time to try and get him to adopt a style which is not his natural fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

peteeeed wrote: »

Mourinho is not that petty is he ? That really is small minded

greendom wrote: »
    Mourinho is not that petty is he ? That really is small minded

well it doesn't go into details on how to knock arsenal out of the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

well it doesn't go into details on how to knock arsenal out of the deal

probably just papers trying to fill ink. I really don't think he would care about a couple of million going Arsenal's way

greendom wrote: »
    probably just papers trying to fill ink. I really don't think he would care about a couple of million going Arsenal's way

exactly

Its not like we're paying Arsenal.

Its Barca who would owe them the money so Jose doesnt have to give a cheque to Arsene.

Nobody has an idea about the deal at the moment so until the fine details are made public its all smoke and mirrors at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

[PHP][/PHP]BpoJyB0CEAEIQcq.jpg

Fabregas you say?

Love him or hate him, he is some character.

Jose might be a horrible person in competitive situations but last night showed his mlre personal side.

Everyone sang his praises during soccer aid saying he was just a down to earth guy and done as much as he could for the charity but what we see every weekend is the sore faced, Jose and panto villian.

I'd imagine that if there is any truth to that story Jose or the powers that be are more concerned with saving chelsea a few million rather than denying arsenal a kickback, if that happens to stop the kickback then that's a bonus.

Its in Barcas interest to keep the deal under the figure thatll trigger the fee to Arsenal.

I think Arsenal get 50% of any transfer over 27million so if its under that figure, if that is the figure, Barca can keep 26million or have say 15million and pay Arsenal 15million too, what is better for Barca?

• Advertisement

Barca said to have activated Arda Turans release clause.

The writing is on the wall for Cesc with Turan and Rakitic coming in.

Atletico cant sustain loss of all those players so I cant see Koke leaving.

Costa looks to be gone so theyve a decent amount to replace, Lukaku could be a good option on loan for a season but Id rather not loan him out.

^^ nice!

Few reporting that the Cesc deal is nearly 160k a week and a 4 year deal.

Still nothing official though, we've to get a move on if we want either or both before the WC starts.

what do ye make of Cesc being Lampards replacement? I don't see it happening in the goals contribution sense, I don't think Cesc was near as prolific as Lampard was. (I'll have to google his stats)

I'd reckon about15-17 was his best goal scoring return although I've no idea off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Just checked his best goal scoring season he got 19 goals, 15 in the league.

Thats very good IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just checked his best goal scoring season he got 19 goals, 15 in the league.

Thats very good IMO.

It's assists where he truly excels tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lampard took free kicks and penalties too. Fabregas doesn't.

From Wiki
    Cesc
    Total contribution during his EPL years
    Apps 303 Goals 57

Lampard
    Total contribution during his Chelsea years
    Apps 648 Goals 211

Career totals
    Lampard Apps 844 Goals 251
    Cesc Apps 454 Goals 99

This site has Lampard at 95 assists and Cesc at 71 (which is not what Wiki says!)

from ESPN barcelona

DiegoCora_ESPN ‏@diegocora_ESPN 57m
    33M€, contrato por 4 años (hasta 2018), salario de £156,000 por semana, los acuerdos hechos de #Chelsea por Fabregas

Fabregas has signed a 4 year deal (till 2018) with #CFC and will earn a salary of £156,000 per week. Transfer Fee:€33M (via @diegocora_ESPN)

• Advertisement

from ESPN barcelona

DiegoCora_ESPN ‏@diegocora_ESPN 57m
    33M€, contrato por 4 años (hasta 2018), salario de £156,000 por semana, los acuerdos hechos de #Chelsea por Fabregas

Fabregas has signed a 4 year deal (till 2018) with #CFC and will earn a salary of £156,000 per week. Transfer Fee:€33M (via @diegocora_ESPN)

thats the report I mentioned earlier, wouldnt take it as concrete though, nobody reputable is reporting it at the moment.
    Panthro wrote: »
    From Wiki
    Cesc
    Apps 303 Goals 57

Lampard
    Apps 648 Goals 211

Career totals
    Cesc Apps 454 Goals 99

This site has Lampard at 95 assists and Cesc at 71 (which is not what Wiki says!)

Well those numbers are more impressive then any of the CM/CAM's we currently have.

An extra goal threat would be hugely welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Panthro wrote: »
    From Wiki
    Cesc
    Apps 303 Goals 57

Lampard
    Apps 648 Goals 211

Career totals
    Cesc Apps 454 Goals 99

You have to take into account that those stats include a 16 year old Cesc playing CMF.

He added the goal scoring fairly late on in terms of his Arsenal career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Not sure why people are giving out as much about Lukaku: guy has been on loan his entire time while signed at Chelsea and shown he deserves a chance in the 1st squad. Sure if it doesn't work out, that's fine. But this method of wanting to bring in youth and then farming them out for years and not giving them chances is not the best IMO.

Saadyst wrote: »
    Not sure why people are giving out as much about Lukaku: guy has been on loan his entire time while signed at Chelsea and shown he deserves a chance in the 1st squad. Sure if it doesn't work out, that's fine. But this method of wanting to bring in youth and then farming them out for years and not giving them chances is not the best IMO.

I'm not going to dispute that but at a top club like chelsea only the very best are going to make it and that means mentally as well as physically. I think if lukaku had put the head down last year after the penalty miss he would be an established member of the first team and also he has a tendency to shoot his mouth off a little too much when things don't go his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'm not going to dispute that but at a top club like chelsea only the very best are going to make it and that means mentally as well as physically. I think if lukaku had put the head down last year after the penalty miss he would be an established member of the first team and also he has a tendency to shoot his mouth off a little too much when things don't go his way.

The attitude can be fixed in house hopefully, but if you had scored more goals at Everton than the established 3 strikers at Chelsea combined, would you not feel a bit put out that you're not even factored into the running?

I think his complaints are being seen in isolation from his performances the last two seasons. The guy deserves to be at least be told he's in contention with Costa next season and take it from there.

Saadyst wrote: »
    The attitude can be fixed in house hopefully, but if you had scored more goals at Everton than the established 3 strikers at Chelsea combined, would you not feel a bit put out that you're not even factored into the running?

I think his complaints are being seen in isolation from his performances the last two seasons. The guy deserves to be at least be told he's in contention with Costa next season and take it from there.

He does deserve it and to be fair I did say on the last thread that I'd rather give him a chance before we bought any big money striker, the only issue I have is that this Belgian contingent we have should realise that they are young and not throw there toys out of the pram when things aren't going there way.
    If I were manager I'd be way more impressed if he came back next season put the head down and let his football do the talking then if it still doesn't get him in to the first team seek a move next season.

Lukaku was good in pre season when torres was away. He scored 5/6 goals too.

The worse mistake we made was not loaning him out the 1st season, he was wasted in the reserves and thats not what ya want at 18/19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well well back from a short break and everyone has moved :-)

So Kalas latest in a long line must say I felt he was good enough for us next season

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/09/chelsea-to-loan-out-young-star-to-bundesliga-side-does-he-have-a/?

Even then surely we could have got a better club than Cologne?

Hazard has said hes in talks about a new contract.

Happy days, sign him up long term.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement