Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

5 clear of city and weve played them away.
    8 clear of utd with an away game coming up
    9 clear of arsenal and liverpool.

Fantastic start so far.

For me an easy game Arsenal have nothing up front did either keeper Chelsea make a save, don't think so. Arsenal were very lucky to finish the game with 11 men though in fairness to the ref he did try to keep 22 players on the pitch. We will have much harder games against United and Liverpool than that game.

Cahill kosclieny and chambers should all have been sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cahill kosclieny and chambers should all have been sent off.

And Welbeck, but better he stayed on as he is not a good player. Better for everyone else he plays and is not suspended :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I tweeted/pinned a few weeks ago that Chelsea wont lose more than 2 games this season. May even do the invincibles. Remember these words:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cesc Fabregas has the same number of goal assists as the whole Arsenal squad this season.

• Advertisement

I tweeted/pinned a few weeks ago that Chelsea wont lose more than 2 games this season. May even do the invincibles. Remember these words:P

Thats a huge ask. We're only 7 games in. Id take the league by 1 point and celebrate just as much as if we only lost a handful of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Thats a huge ask. We're only 7 games in. Id take the league by 1 point and celebrate just as much as if we only lost a handful of games.

Ah I'm.no Chelsea fan but just my opinion. Jose factor. Fabregas,Costa. Unbelivable. Fabregas just can't stop assisting for Costa. Best signings of the prem along with Di Maria for United. I like Chelsea play good football, very tactical. The fact you scored 6 in Goodison says a lot and I was at it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

There's something of early Jose Mark 1 about our resilience this season. The tricky part about unbeaten runs is the ECL games, particularly the away ones. There's a tendency to drop points either side.

Still, if we can avoid injuries, and Costa can keep digging the goals out (both big asks), we'll drop few points. The games we lost last season we should at draw, and many of the draws should convert into 3-pointers.

Ah I'm.no Chelsea fan but just my opinion. Jose factor. Fabregas,Costa. Unbelivable. Fabregas just can't stop assisting for Costa. Best signings of the prem along with Di Maria for United. I like Chelsea play good football, very tactical. The fact you scored 6 in Goodison says a lot and I was at it:(

Ya Costa is a machine for large parts of the game he done nothing but still found a goal. Thats what we didnt have last year and Cesc, well he ran the show for us today. Wilshire played well but Cesc was better than anything Arsenal had and Hazard is excellent when in full flow. I just dont want to get carried away just yet. We're only about 1/5 of the way through the league so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Missed the game because I had to go to dinner with the folks which conveniently was between 2 and 4.
    An arsenal mate texted me to say it was a tight game ant 2-0 was flattering to us but after watching the recording I beg to differ, arsenal weren't really at the races with there best chance coming from Wiltshire which Cech easily gathered. I was a little nostalgic to see him in goal too, Cesc's assist for Costa's goal was sublime as was the finish. I let my gunner pall know that too ;)

• Advertisement

I wouldnt say flattering but it was a close game despite the 2-0 result it was close up until the Costa goal and Arsenal had shaded the 2nd half.

The main differences, theyve nobody that can do what Hazard has done, Sanchez is very good though.

Theyve no Costa.

No matic figure and Cesc was pretty dominant with the ball at his feet today.

We were a few individuals better than them but Schurrle was poor for us. Back four played well.

I don't think it was that close, we were allways in control. If I were a gunner I'd be calling for Wengers head for not resigning Cesc.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I don't think it was that close, we were allways in control. If I were a gunner I'd be calling for Wengers head for not resigning Cesc.

Some are. Some are saying they wouldnt have got welbeck sanchez and debuchy.

To be honest, wilshire and cesc today would have been much better than flamini.

A player like Cesc you fit in somewhere but the way ozil was thrown wide left and got little change from ivan wasnt a great tactic, they tried to shut down Cesc with 3 in the midfield.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/romans-diary-after-big-day-4385526

What the hell is this rubbish? Sour grapes I'd assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's absolute cringe.
    And to think, a grown up actually sat down and wrote that bullshyt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It's a pretty standard storyline for a kid's comic. Par for the course. :pac:

Seriously for a second though. What a duckhead, eh?

Terrible article but ill take our hard fought 3 pts and carry on.

Get everyone back injury free from the international break and carry on with a win.

• Advertisement

And my favourite............

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/518871532572250112

Good call Wenger

Shamelessly robbed from the Humour thread

https://twitter.com/OfficialDCosta/status/518788548376666114

I have to say this article gave me a good chuckle just think the ref was the only reason that Chelsea won yesterday, 1 shot on target over 90 minutes may have had some bearing as well. A manager with outdated ideas could have had an impact also. Not having a defence or midfield worthy of the name might have contributed. Playing players out of position could cause problems. But mainly Arsenal are just not as good as us and have not been for a very very long time.

http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/10/06/referee-cost-arsenal-points-at-chelsea-simple-as-that/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=referee-cost-arsenal-points-at-chelsea-simple-as-that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I have to say this article gave me a good chuckle just think the ref was the only reason that Chelsea won yesterday, 1 shot on target over 90 minutes may have had some bearing as well. A manager with outdated ideas could have had an impact also. Not having a defence or midfield worthy of the name might have contributed. Playing players out of position could cause problems. But mainly Arsenal are just not as good as us and have not been for a very very long time.

http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/10/06/referee-cost-arsenal-points-at-chelsea-simple-as-that/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=referee-cost-arsenal-points-at-chelsea-simple-as-that

The first bolded part is just wrong, Arsenal have an excellent midfield and are really just lacking a Matic type player ( he is exceptional).

The second point is on the money we are just not as good as Chelsea.

The business Jose did in the summer was exceptional and you really have a complete squad. I just dont see anyone getting near you this year. Costa has settled like he has been here all his life.

I'm envious of the squad Chelsea have and and the style they play and all things going well they are serious contenders for a PL and CL double

Soups123 wrote: »
    The first bolded part is just wrong, Arsenal have an excellent midfield and are really just lacking a Matic type player ( he is exceptional).

The second point is on the money we are just not as good as Chelsea.

The business Jose did in the summer was exceptional and you really have a complete squad. I just dont see anyone getting near you this year. Costa has settled like he has been here all his life.

I'm envious of the squad Chelsea have and and the style they play and all things going well they are serious contenders for a PL and CL double

You could well be right about your midfield but to me they seem disjointed at best. For sure a Matic or Toure are hard to come by and worth their weight in gold but only Ramsey and Ozil (I know he was poor yesterday but he is a decent player) would get a sniff of our side.

I do wonder what Wenger is up to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You could well be right about your midfield but to me they seem disjointed at best. For sure a Matic or Toure are hard to come by and worth their weight in gold but only Ramsey and Ozil (I know he was poor yesterday but he is a decent player) would get a sniff of our side.

I do wonder what Wenger is up to though.

Ramsey hasnt found form this season yet at all, I dont know why but he just hasnt. Wilshire has been our best and most consistent midfielder but he loses the ball too much and the lack of DM to clean up kills us.

The balance of the Chelsea team right now is spot on, Matic is class and does the simple things well. There are very few Arsenal players you could even put forward a case for being better than a Chelsea player at this moment in time which says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

For sure a Matic or Toure are hard to come by and worth their weight in gold .

Matic - 83Kg,
    gold = 747.03 GBP per Ounce
    35.27 Ounces per kilo
    747.03 * 35.27 = £26,347.75

26,347.75 * 83 = £2,186,863

I'll get Arsene to write the cheque for matic this afternoon ! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Looking at the squads of Arsenal, United and Liverpool... there are very, very few players I'd take to Chelsea right now. For sure, there are some great players, but as mentioned previous, the balance now is perfect. To add to attack would disjoint the whole thing. Defence could use a little tweak, and I'd prefer to be shot of Mikel and Ramires in midfield, but apart from that. Chelsea have the best squad in the league, with Man City close behind. The rest of the chasing pack are a considerable bit behind those two.

Even United, with all their glittering attackers, do not have a good squad. Their midfield and defence is threadbare. Only for David DeGea being like an octopus, they'd be struggling.

Arsenal again have glittering attack, but are lacking in the crucial areas.

Ditto Liverpool.

Everton and Spurs are just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Paj wrote: »
    Matic - 83Kg,
    35.27 Ounces per kilo

Worth his weight in Platinum, maybe? Or crude oil? Or HP Printer Ink?

Surely they'd be worth more than that? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

DazMarz wrote: »
    Worth his weight in Platinum, maybe? Or crude oil? Or HP Printer Ink?

Surely they'd be worth more than that? :P

Hp printer Ink is the most valuable substance on earth.

(iit's how Roman made his billions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Hp printer Ink is the most valuable substance on earth.

(iit's how Roman made his billions)

Saffron! (cmon I'm a chef)

Paj wrote: »
    Matic - 83Kg,
    35.27 Ounces per kilo

Good point but to make it worse a troy ounce is 32.15 per kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That is great news!

Aw nuts! I was hoping to see Cech get a run for old times sake.
    He looked sharp too when he was called upon.

• Advertisement

Does the clean sheet against Arsenal count towards the record for Petr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does the clean sheet against Arsenal count towards the record for Petr?

He played 60 odd minutes, it should

I assume theyed both get a clean sheet for it, neither let in a goal :)

Not sure of the premeir leagues criteriaa for such matters though, coz if thats the case JT has 1 clean sheet for us too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

5 games moved for tv

Newcastle v Chelsea, now 12.45pm on Saturday 6 December, live on BT Sport

Stoke City v Chelsea, now 8pm on Monday 22 December, live on Sky Sports

Chelsea v West Ham United, now 12.45pm on Friday 26 December, live on Sky Sports

Southampton v Chelsea, now 2.05pm on Sunday 28 December, live on Sky Sports

Tottenham v Chelsea, now 5.30pm on Thursday 1 January 2015, live on BT Sport

looks like robbie di matteo will be back at the bridge
    he's taken over at schalke

• Advertisement

Happy birthday Diego Costa, who celebrates turning 26, which is in and around the amount of league goals hes going score this year :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    looks like robbie di matteo will be back at the bridge
    he's taken over at schalke

He'll get a great reception from teh Chelsea fans in Germany, was hoping it would be at the Bridge and he could get a proper send off that we didnt afford him.

He'll get a great reception from teh Chelsea fans in Germany, was hoping it would be at the Bridge and he could get a proper send off that we didnt afford him.

forgot that match was away, pity , would have been nice to give him the proper thanks from the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Happy birthday Diego Costa, who celebrates turning 26, which is in and around the amount of league goals hes going score this year :)

I reckon more, but then again I said we'd go unbeaten this season

another ex chelsea player gets a managers job , Slavisa Jokanovic (maybe the slowest player that ever played) has taken over at watford

duploelabs wrote: »
    I reckon more, but then again I said we'd go unbeaten this season

He looks about 35, I'd love if ho got close to that figure but its unlikely, IMO.

As it stands his goals are firing us towards a very good finish.

Scored against Arsenal and Everton, was very unlucky against City with his shot against the post, so hes scoring against the big teams, it looks like it anyway and also the so called smaller teams, who last year, cost us serious points.

I couldnt be happier with Costa, at the start of the summer I'd have preferred Cavani but seeing how Costas settled in, I'd not trade him for anyone in the world.

Couple that with Cesc coming back and looking like hes never left, our two weakest areas have been covered and seriously improved on when you consider we've shipped out Luiz and Lukaku for the guys of 78million and brought in Costa and Cesc for 62million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Zouma needs to be given some game time to settle himself into the team.

I can see him being Terry's long term replacement if given a chance to develop.

Costa had a very quiet game against Arsenal to be fair, he didn't actually have much of a treat apart from the goal.
    It was all Hazard.

Still, can see this being a very close run thing between Chelsea and City this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hard to believe he's only 26, looks more like a 40someting yr old Mexican drugs cartel chief!
    But he scores us goals so he's beautiful.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Zouma needs to be given some game time to settle himself into the team.

I can see him being Terry's long term replacement if given a chance to develop.

Costa had a very quiet game against Arsenal to be fair, he didn't actually have much of a treat apart from the goal.
    It was all Hazard.

Still, can see this being a very close run thing between Chelsea and City this season.

Thats the sign of a good goalscorer, he never gave up making runs and Arsenal switched off for a second, Cesc seen the run and the ball was perfect, the lob excellent, and he grabs his goal. If he plays poorly and scores I'll take that every weekend for as long as he plays for us.

I'd agree on the rest, season is far from over, we've started very well but nobody else has kicked into gear yet, so our head start while good looking on paper doesnt mean much in October and I expect that to be chipped away before christmas and we all start bunching up for another hard fought title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

After this international break we then have another 4 league fixtures before the November internationals, and its our biggest period of the season IMO.

Palace (A)
    United (A)
    QPR (H)
    Liverpool (A)

We also play United on the weekend after the Maribor home Champions League tie so they have a clear week to prepare. And we also go away to Maribor three days before going to Anfield.. but on the flipside they will be away to Real Madrid that week.

Last season these fixtures brought 7 points. An improvement on that this season would keep us top and we'd have had Everton, City, Liverpool & United away all done with.

Id take 8 points, two wins v Palace and QPR and two draws at Old Trafford and Anfield. But if we could manage 3 wins then its a huge step towards the title even at this early stage (it would be only 11 games into the season)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement