Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After this international break we then have another 4 league fixtures before the November internationals, and its our biggest period of the season IMO.

Palace (A)
    United (A)
    QPR (H)
    Liverpool (A)

We also play United on the weekend after the Maribor home Champions League tie so they have a clear week to prepare. And we also go away to Maribor three days before going to Anfield.. but on the flipside they will be away to Real Madrid that week.

Last season these fixtures brought 7 points. An improvement on that this season would keep us top and we'd have had Everton, City, Liverpool & United away all done with.

Id take 8 points, two wins v Palace and QPR and two draws at Old Trafford and Anfield. But if we could manage 3 wins then its a huge step towards the title even at this early stage (it would be only 11 games into the season)

I said it, we can win these games, no problem but if we were to remain unbeaten over those next 4 league games I'd be very surprised.

If we can do it I'll be delighted, as you said, we've have ahd all our rivals away except Arsenal, whcih is in April I think.

To have all your rivals away after 11 games is huge, we've got some big home games late next year but tis the away games that you fear.

Id take 8 points, 2 wins, 2 draws, anything after that is a huge bonus IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

After this international break we then have another 4 league fixtures before the November internationals, and its our biggest period of the season IMO.

Palace (A)
    United (A)
    QPR (H)
    Liverpool (A)

We also play United on the weekend after the Maribor home Champions League tie so they have a clear week to prepare. And we also go away to Maribor three days before going to Anfield.. but on the flipside they will be away to Real Madrid that week.

Last season these fixtures brought 7 points. An improvement on that this season would keep us top and we'd have had Everton, City, Liverpool & United away all done with.

Id take 8 points, two wins v Palace and QPR and two draws at Old Trafford and Anfield. But if we could manage 3 wins then its a huge step towards the title even at this early stage (it would be only 11 games into the season)
    i hate neil warnock, hate united , hate QPR and their 20 fans , hate liverpool no losses please

peteeeed wrote: »
    i hate neil warnock, hate united , hate QPR and their 20 fans , hate liverpool no losses please

Oh ya, 'Arry and Warnock.

I'm very confident that QPR wont keep us out, that back line with Rio is very very very poor so cant wait to stick his nose in a defeat.

Warnock, less said about him the better.

The other two are rivals so naturally, not losing to either would be ideal.

I'd take 8 points right now, it would keep us top no matter what City or Southampton do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

United are absolutely there for the taking I hope we don't show them too much respect like last season.

Palace and QPR shouldn't be too much hassle.

Liverpool also haven't really kicked into gear yet.

10 points from those 4 would be the dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Most of our tough away games are in the first half of the season as well. We will have only played Arsenal at home after 19 games. Everton, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs away. If we are top after 19 games I don't think we will be stopped.

Lukker- wrote: »
    United are absolutely there for the taking I hope we don't show them too much respect like last season.

Palace and QPR shouldn't be too much hassle.

Liverpool also haven't really kicked into gear yet.

10 points from those 4 would be the dream.

10 from 4 would be excellent, if we somehow get 12 it'll be out of this world and title winning form, IMO.

We can beat anyone in the world with our current XI, if they al perform, we havent had a game where more than 2 or 3 players have played poor or under performed, usually its one guy, Schurrle recently, Hazard before that but the rest of the team performed in their absence so we got away with it, last year we had numerous players under performing.

Looks like this squad really wants to go on and make amends for last year and I hope we can do it.
    Johner wrote: »
    Most of our tough away games are in the first half of the season as well. We will have only played Arsenal at home after 19 games. Everton, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs away. If we are top after 19 games I don't think we will be stopped.

Ya, its great they all have to come to the Bridge and given Joses record against the top side and the home record they'll all be fearing a trip to the Bridge.

Top after 19 games bring us too 1st Janaury and playing Spurs away.

If we're running away with it, it may force others into the market, right now I dont think we need anyone for the squad as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote: »
    10 from 4 would be excellent, if we somehow get 12 it'll be out of this world and title winning form, IMO.

We can beat anyone in the world with our current XI, if they al perform, we havent had a game where more than 2 or 3 players have played poor or under performed, usually its one guy, Schurrle recently, Hazard before that but the rest of the team performed in their absence so we got away with it, last year we had numerous players under performing.

Looks like this squad really wants to go on and make amends for last year and I hope we can do it.

Ya, its great they all have to come to the Bridge and given Joses record against the top side and the home record they'll all be fearing a trip to the Bridge.

Top after 19 games bring us too 1st Janaury and playing Spurs away.

If we're running away with it, it may force others into the market, right now I dont think we need anyone for the squad as it stands.

I hate that all of this probably hinges on Costa's fitness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Loic would be pretty solid up front too.

Panthro wrote: »
    Loic would be pretty solid up front too.

Ya, I'd agree, I'd have no issue with Remy coming in and doing a good job. Rememebr, he got 14 last year for Newcastle in about 32 games.

He may not be Costa but hes better than what we had last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ya, I'd agree, I'd have no issue with Remy coming in and doing a good job. Rememebr, he got 14 last year for Newcastle in about 32 games.

He may not be Costa but hes better than what we had last year.

How many did Ba get before joining us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Arsenal weren't the only club that were Cesc-y enough apparently

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/cesc-fabregas-reveals-he-had-offers-from-three-premier-league-clubs-but-joined-chelsea-after-arsenal-said-they-didnt-need-him-9780068.html

Cesc Fabregas has claimed that he had three offers on the table from Premier League clubs this summer, but decided to join Chelsea after Arsenal informed him they already had enough midfielders among their squad.

Before Chelsea’s 2-0 win over the Gunners on Sunday, Arsene Wenger confirmed that he turned down the chance to sign the former Arsenal captain despite a clause in his contract giving the North London club first refusal on the Spaniard, which existed from the transfer deal that saw him join Barcelona in 2011.

Wenger also suggested that Fabregas’ move to Chelsea had been agreed “early in 2014”, but as reported by the Evening Standard, the 27-year-old has revealed that there was interest in his services from three Premier League clubs – one of which was Manchester United.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says it took 20 minutes to persuade Fabregas his future was in west London and the Spaniard admitted that meeting was a decisive factor in determining his future.

“I’ve always played in clubs where I wanted to play,” he told Spanish radio station COPE. “At the end of last season, I saw Chelsea as the best option. I always thought about a return to England and I talked to Mourinho and realised this was the best option.

“It was arranged through my agent. There was no call with Mourinho, just a face-to-face meeting. Jose showed great respect and convinced me quickly. We were honest, we put aside any history and I made my decision after talking with him. Overall I had three options in England.

“Wenger was already covered with [Mesut] Ozil, [Santi] Cazorla and [Jack] Wilshere and so I was less needed in my position. So I decided to go to Chelsea. Arsenal had an option but they told me they had similar players in my position.”

Fabregas and Wenger developed a close relationship during his time at Arsenal Fabregas and Wenger developed a close relationship during his time at Arsenal Fabregas also spoke of his emotion at leaving his boyhood club and despite departing for the second time in his career, he has no regrets over leaving Catalonia.

He said: “I’m leaving satisfied, happy and with five titles and a European Championship. It was a dream to play in the Nou Camp. The second time I left it was worse. In the first you are a child and I never imagined playing in the first team.”

duploelabs wrote: »
    How many did Ba get before joining us?

If Remy scores a winner at Anfield I'll love him like a brother :pac:
    duploelabs wrote: »

3 clubs, you can assume one was us, the other Utd and probably City?

London is where its at anyway why would you want to move to the North of England? :pac:

The top three bookies favourites for Player of the Year are:

Diego Costa - 9/2
    Cesc Fabregas - 5/1
    Eden Hazard - 7/1

And yet Hazard (5/1) is still third favourite for the Young Player of the Year behind Sterling (6/4) and Ramsey (9/2).

Makes no sense.

If Hazard pushes on and he should, we'll be sorted.

Cesc and Costa have hit the ground running, Hazard hasnt started well at all, not consistently, neither has Schurrle.

Which is scary for the rest of the league, when they all get going and if they can all keep up their levels, we'll be nearly impossible to stop.

If Hazard pushes on and he should, we'll be sorted.

Cesc and Costa have hit the ground running, Hazard hasnt started well at all, not consistently, neither has Schurrle.

Which is scary for the rest of the league, when they all get going and if they can all keep up their levels, we'll be nearly impossible to stop.

Think your a bit harsh on Hazard. Had great displays against Leicester, Swansea, Arsenal. Was decent against Burnley, Schalke and Lisbon. Hes not scored goals or assisted much but hes been generally good and contributed a lot to our good start IMO.

Himself, Costa, Fabregas, Matic & Ivanovic have been great for us so far. Oscar is catching up now having been very good in the last 2-3 weeks.

• Advertisement

I think you have to expect Hazard to be on form all the time. He has the ability theres no doubting that.

He has to push past last seasons tally for assists and goals and keep getting better and better. He has no ceiling if he puts in the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hazard is just being overshawdowed by the new arrivals. We're just not used to seeing others perform.

He's still playing very well, getting in all the right places. It'll soon gel and he'll be assisting and scoring. I just don't think you can expect it n such quantities now that they're other good players around him. It'll be more spread out.

So, slow news day, would anyone want Khedira?

A double Pivot of Khedira and Matic would be out of this world, would free up Cesc to play number 10 and give us crazy options in the midfield.

Cesc, Oscar, Willian - Number 10's

Khedira, Matic, Mikel, Ramires, Cesc - CM

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

A double Pivot of Khedira and Matic would be out of this world, would free up Cesc to play number 10 and give us crazy options in the midfield.

Would be amazed if Wenger doesn't get him, he is exactly the type of player they need and would make them a more serious threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Techless wrote: »
    Would be amazed if Wenger doesn't get him, he is exactly the type of player they need and would make them a more serious threat.

Shhhh don't let Wenger hear you say that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

God I hate the international break.

Techless wrote: »

I dont know about serious threat, I think theyre still 2/3 players short to be there come May.

Khedira is a tough one, Real can take money for him in January or they canlose him for free in the summer after a contract has been agreed in January.

Khedira holds all the cards and I'd love to have him as he'd be an improvement on Ramires and Mikel, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I dont know about serious threat, I think theyre still 2/3 players short to be there come May.

Khedira is a tough one, Real can take money for him in January or they canlose him for free in the summer after a contract has been agreed in January.

Khedira holds all the cards and I'd love to have him as he'd be an improvement on Ramires and Mikel, IMO.

Arsenal are always 2 or 3 players away from a decent side.

Apparently RM want Ram so do a swap in January we get Khedira and a ball of money they get Ram everyone happy

If we could get someone to take Mikel we'd be sorted :o

I wouldn't be so quick to sell Ramires, he's not the most talented player on the ball but for certain games he is perfect. I don't think Jose will want to get rid of him anyway.

I wouldn't be so quick to sell Ramires, he's not the most talented player on the ball but for certain games he is perfect. I don't think Jose will want to get rid of him anyway.

Couldn't agree more, not the most pleasing on the eye and I wouldn't have him in the team every week but for a battle there's no better man than ramires to get stuck in.

Costa and Cahill start tonight, no injuries please.

I think Cesc is actually better suited as a regista or deep lying playmaker. He gets more time on the ball to pick that pass and still gets the chance to get forward from deep. It's what we've missed too, Khedira and Matic would be incredibly solid but it would probably ruin our rhythm. I think for the pivot to work properly you need one person who excels at defending and one who excels at passing, obviously being good at both is a bonus.

IMO Cesc has been far more disciplined in the last 3 games, while still popping up with assists. Good to see.

Spain 1-0 down, shocking keeping by Casillas. Costa had a great headed chance but missed.

Spain 1-0 down, shocking keeping by Casillas. Costa had a great headed chance but missed.

I seen the casillas one that was pathetic.

Missed costas, as long as he scores for us im happy.

• Advertisement

Spain beaten 2-1

They'll have to get rid of Del Bosque now, hes out of ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Just heard who scored the winner Miroslav Stoch :D:D:D

Looks like Costa got through tonight unscathed. Thats the main thing for us in this international break, couldnt care less if every Chelsea player lost their international 5-0 and scored 5 own goals as long as they are fit when they return to us.

Youd swear he was promoting something and looking for even more sound bites......oh wait. :rolleyes:

Youd also feel bad if the game was closer but it was being closed out by a professional team.

Cant wait for Villa Park, if Keanes still in a job, Jose should do the same, maybe even sprint down the sideline to the Chelsea fans for added effect see what Keane does.

In fairness Jose is awful, it makes me cringe watching him every week waiting to see what ridiculous thing hes going to do this week.

What he did to Keane and Lambert was disgraceful, you should never leave before the end of a game as a mark of respect for the other team.

Ive no issue with it. He does it to pretty much every manager.

Theres far worse going on than leaving 2mins before a game thats all about done.

Jose and Lambert had a few clashes last year, home and away.

If Jose is being disrespectful, then, equally as disrespectful is not shaking his offered hand or completely ignoring him in Keanes case :pac:

Shame we have played Schalke 04 at the Bridge already would have been great to see Robbie back on the sideline.

Always had a soft spot for Nuremberg (mainly because I like the town and area) but will now have to start following Schalke. Good luck Robbie once a blue always a blue.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/8/6947737/once-a-blue-always-a-blue

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    In fairness Jose is awful, it makes me cringe watching him every week waiting to see what ridiculous thing hes going to do this week.

What he did to Keane and Lambert was disgraceful, you should never leave before the end of a game as a mark of respect for the other team.

Why is that disgraceful? Nobody would have noticed if Lambert and Keane did not make an issue of it.

Going into the oppositions technical area and pushing the oppositions manager is disgraceful leaving before the end is nothing.

Why is that disgraceful? Nobody would have noticed if Lambert and Keane did not make an issue of it.

Going into the oppositions technical area and pushing the oppositions manager is disgraceful leaving before the end is nothing.

Wenger had to beat Jose at something, if it came down to a fist fight id reckon he'd have him but in football matters, its all Jose.

Wenger had to beat Jose at something, if it came down to a fist fight id reckon he'd have him but in football matters, its all Jose.

Wenger has the reach and weight advantage but I doubt he has the tenacity to see it out. Mou would land a few butt's and Wenger would get emotional then get picked off on the counter.

The international break does strange things to me.

Hazard ruled out of Belgium game..... he better be okay

Just a precaution by all accounts, he has a blue toe apparently.

• Advertisement

he's expected to play for them on monday

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/10/belgium-eden-hazard-andorra-qualifier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any truth in the raheem sterling rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If its in the paper and it's not the last two days of a transfer window, it's always nonsense. If sterling goes to Chelsea for any fee, let alone 48 million, I'll eat my hat.

I have a rather large hat so I don't make that claim lightly..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Kirby wrote: »
    If its in the paper and it's not the last two days of a transfer window, it's always nonsense. If sterling goes to Chelsea for any fee, let alone 48 million, I'll eat my hat.

I have a rather large hat so I don't make that claimlightly..........

Well if he comes to chelsea we would have to let either shcurle or willian go. The only good thng about him is that hes english. We are short english player tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's not the only good thing about him. The fact that he's so good at such a young age is pretty good too, no? Schurrle is a better finisher and Willian works much harder but they are both much older than Sterling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement