Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Out of the country but managed to catch most of the game, happy with the performance but a little concerned about the Utd game without Costa, would really be able to take advantage of their back line with him fit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

It is befitting that we leave the game just like we came in, beating a big bad monster who knocks out everybody and no one can whup them. That's when little UTD from Manchester, came up to stop Real Madrid. The team who annihilated Chelsea. THEY WAS GONNA KILL US! But they hit harder than Chelsea. Their reach is longer than Chelsea's. Their a better team than Chelsea. And we're better now than I was when you saw that 1 month old undeveloped team running from Gareth Bale. We're experienced now, professional.
    Players been broke, been beaten at home a couple of times, we're bad! Been chopping trees. We done something new for this match. We done wrestled with an alligator. That's right. We have wrestled with an alligator. We done tussled with a whale. We done handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail. That's bad! Only last week We murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick! We're so mean we make medicine sick!

The Guinness International Champions cup is more telling than you'd think, beware the ides of March. Beware next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Da Fuq
    It is befitting that we leave the game just like we came in, beating a big bad monster who knocks out everybody and no one can whup them. That's when little UTD from Manchester, came up to stop Real Madrid. The team who annihilated Chelsea. THEY WAS GONNA KILL US! But they hit harder than Chelsea. Their reach is longer than Chelsea's. Their a better team than Chelsea. And we're better now than I was when you saw that 1 month old undeveloped team running from Gareth Bale. We're experienced now, professional.
    Players been broke, been beaten at home a couple of times, we're bad! Been chopping trees. We done something new for this match. We done wrestled with an alligator. That's right. We have wrestled with an alligator. We done tussled with a whale. We done handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail. That's bad! Only last week We murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick! We're so mean we make medicine sick!

The Guinness International Champions cup is more telling than you'd think, beware the ides of March. Beware next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think i speak for us all when i say, cant wait to go to Old Trafford. :)

ive also got to say ive read this many times and all i can say is Utd are terrible and will be steam rolled next week, Costa or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think someone has had a liquid lunch!
    Chelsea could completely batter United

Panthro wrote: »
    I think someone has had a liquid lunch!
    Chelsea could completely batter United

Sunday will tell a lot. Utd have played nobodies and struggled. This is their first big test at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

GavRedKing wrote: »
    ive also got to say ive read this many times and all i can say is Utd are terrible and will be steam rolled next week, Costa or not.

David beat Goliath and he didn't even have the help of an Angel, UTD have one as well as a striker who's hobbies include plastering four goals past Chelsea every chance he gets. Styles make games and your arrogance reminds me of the attitude of the Madrid fans before we stuffed them in Michigan. I'll take my leave from this thread until next Sunday.

I dont think its a forgone conclusion but im confident enough of going anywhere now with this squad and getting st least a result.

Id take a draw right now.

• Advertisement

David beat Goliath and he didn't even have the help of an Angel, UTD have one as well as a striker who's hobbies include plastering four goals past Chelsea every chance he gets. Styles make games and your arrogance reminds me of the attitude of the Madrid fans before we stuffed them in Michigan. I'll take my leave from this thread until next Sunday.

every chance, ha that one time :pac:

That was the old Falcao, the non crocked version.

That chelsea team and setup is long gone.

if utd go toe to toe theyll suffer considering their defence is so poor.

Itll be a good game anyway and id said score draw

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Imagine being that drunk on a Sunday!? Disgraceful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I do hope Costa is fit for the United game but Remy is looking very very good. Have to say the Cesc goal was a thing of beauty, who said TSHO's teams can't play football. Two of the best team goals of the season already in the bag for us.

Our defence is a little brittle and United could score but I really expect us to put a few past them - I doubt it will be a timid 0-0 like last season at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I trust Jose will have a plan for the United game and we are usually a lot more solid at the back in the big games, I think we can win but we have to go there with more ambition then we did last season when they were there for the taking, United are shaky at the back no matter who's fit but then again they have more than enough fire power to cause us problems. Rooney being out is a plus for us but missing Azpilicueta in a game like this is a big blow. Luis is still getting used to the Premier League and while I've every faith in him Azpilicueta is a big game player, especially away from home. Looking forward to it anyway!

I do hope Costa is fit for the United game but Remy is looking very very good. Have to say the Cesc goal was a thing of beauty, who said TSHO's teams can't play football. Two of the best team goals of the season already in the bag for us.

Our defence is a little brittle and United could score but I really expect us to put a few past them - I doubt it will be a timid 0-0 like last season at least.

I'd be still confident with Remy up top as well, thought he was excellent yesterday, doesn't pose as much as a goal threat as Costa but his hold up play is as good. Delighted to have him as a second choice striker, when he came I didn't think he was a big upgrade on Ba but after seeing him in action he definitely is, a lot more mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Beating Madrid in a pre-season friendly means that United are invincible now, does it?

Falcao is not the force he was when last the paths crossed.

Angel Di María is excellent, no argument there, but he will be gagged and muzzled by the defence/midfield of Chelsea next week.

The one thing I'm hoping is that José doesn't show the same respect to United as was shown last season in Old Trafford (ended in a dour 0-0). I hope respect goes out the window and this game is gone for from the kick-off.

3-0 to Chelsea next Sunday. You heard it here first.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Beating Madrid in a pre-season friendly means that United are invincible now, does it?

Falcao is not the force he was when last the paths crossed.

Angel Di María is excellent, no argument there, but he will be gagged and muzzled by the defence/midfield of Chelsea next week.

The one thing I'm hoping is that José doesn't show the same respect to United as was shown last season in Old Trafford (ended in a dour 0-0). I hope respect goes out the window and this game is gone for from the kick-off.

3-0 to Chelsea next Sunday. You heard it here first.

Last season's game was not one of Jose's finest hours, he really did show United and Moyes way too much respect.

Id take any type of win to keep city at bay.

Its between us two it seems.

Rest arent up to much, right now so who knows, down the line that could change.

Id take any type of win to keep city at bay.

Its between us two it seems.

Rest arent up to much, right now so who knows, down the line that could change.

I think it's definitely a two horse race, United will be a clear third with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs fighting for 4th. I think we have a better squad than City though.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    I think it's definitely a two horse race, United will be a clear third with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs fighting for 4th. I think we have a better squad than City though.

Better keeper and back line. Rest is pretty close but Jose is the ace in the hole.

Best manager in the league by a clear distant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Better keeper and back line. Rest is pretty close but Jose is the ace in the hole.

Far better midfield. United could only dream of Fabregas and Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I think midfield is where its at for us this year. Yes, a fit Costa will deliver but Cesc Fabregas is the signing of the year. By a country mile, its huge.
    Costa to finish is just brilliant also but really, the big change is getting Cesc who fits straight into the PL.
    Costa and Remy will be useless without a supply from midfield.
    Our defence isn't that bad either to be fair.
    I am expecting a steam roller performance next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lukker- wrote: »
    Far better midfield. United could only dream of Fabregas and Matic.
    Out of interest, would Chelsea fans consider Hazard to be as good as Di Maria? Or would you take Di Maria instead of Hazard?

K4t wrote: »
    Out of interest, would Chelsea fans consider Hazard to be as good as Di Maria? Or would you take Di Maria instead of Hazard?

Blue tinted glasses on: Hazard...

Neutral: I think it's about 50-50.

Different players even though they do similar things.

Id turn down neither but theyre very close and Hazard is younger but its probably 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Hazard any day of the week , he still has alot more to show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

I firmly think that Chelsea have the perfect team to go to OT next week and steamroll them. Best defence in the league, and attacking options to kill one of the worst defence setups in the league. BUT, Jose had a habit of going to OT ( Like last season) Liverpool, Arsenal away from home and being very negative ... think he will approach the game differently this season?

I firmly think that Chelsea have the perfect team to go to OT next week and steamroll them. Best defence in the league, and attacking options to kill one of the worst defence setups in the league. BUT, Jose had a habit of going to OT ( Like last season) Liverpool, Arsenal away from home and being very negative ... think he will approach the game differently this season?

I think the difference is we can defend and be more threatening on the break than last year.

We can shut down games when we need to but we have to punish mistakes that Utd will make and they'll make one or two.

Shutting down Utd is the priority and if we can impose ourselves on them when we have the ball it'll make it an interesting game.

Its a game we can afford to draw, I mean at worse City will be within 3 pts if we draw next weekend and they win.

Utd will want to close the gap, any manager worth his salt with this team will want to win the league and I imagine LVg will think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

I think the difference is we can defend and be more threatening on the break than last year.

We can shut down games when we need to but we have to punish mistakes that Utd will make and they'll make one or two.

Shutting down Utd is the priority and if we can impose ourselves on them when we have the ball it'll make it an interesting game.

Its a game we can afford to draw,
    I mean at worse City will be within 3 pts if we draw next weekend and they win.

Utd will want to close the gap, any manager worth his salt with this team will want to win the league and I imagine LVg will think the same.

Thats exactly what i mean though, Jose has a tendancy to go away at times and accept a draw (I might be wrong and i'll not google it but he played with no striker last season didn't he?) usually though against teams he feels can challenge him for the top. Not that i think United will be within an arses roar of Chelsea at the end of this season, but still.

United last season started poorly with Moyes and were there for the taking but Jose was decidedly negative - and not the regular Chelsea negative if you catch my drift.

Hopefully we go there full of confidence with a comfortable 3points in mind . Would be a bit disappointed with a draw tbh but would be alot better than a loss of coarse

• Advertisement

We can win thats for sure. Will we? Thats another thing. Itll be Remy if Costa isnt fit and weve a good shot if its Costa we're very well equipped for 3pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Thats exactly what i mean though, Jose has a tendancy to go away at times and accept a draw (I might be wrong and i'll not google it but he played with no striker last season didn't he?) usually though against teams he feels can challenge him for the top. Not that i think United will be within an arses roar of Chelsea at the end of this season, but still.

United last season started poorly with Moyes and were there for the taking but Jose was decidedly negative - and not the regular Chelsea negative if you catch my drift.
    I think the it will be different this year. He has more momentum with the team and last year he didn't have the confidence that he has this year.
    Better midfield, better strikers and last year United were an unknown entity at an albeit earlier stage of the campaign, so he played for the draw.
    This year, its a different affair as he knows what united are like (capable of) and I think he will go for it. Sitting back deep will invite them on. Attacking , imo, will be the formula for success.
    Only my 2c btw.

Should costa be fit for it?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Should costa be fit for it?

No idea he certainly wont play against Maribor and if hes anyway able to play against Utd he'll play IMO

No idea he certainly wont play against Maribor and if hes anyway able to play against Utd he'll play IMO

Hopefully he wil be fit , i reckon he will be

Last season Schurrle started up front against United in OT. Played quite well, but didn't just have that killer instinct. At that stage, the choices were Torres, Ba or Schurrle... fúckin' hell.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Last season Schurrle started up front against United in OT. Played quite well, but didn't just have that killer instinct. At that stage, the choices were Torres, Ba or Schurrle... fúckin' hell.

Lukaku was still there too.

Doesnt mattet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

All very true but don't forget the game was early in the season and nobody knew just how little control Moyes had on his dressing room at that stage, I personally think that Jose made a mistake in not going for it at old Trafford last season even tho he obviously had no confidence in either ba or Torres to lead the line. I could be wrong but I think etoo was short of match fitness for that game too.
    I could be wrong but this team is now his own team and he seems a lot more confident in it than he did last season so I'd expect him to be a bit more positave this season at OT, bearing in mind that he'll always be a bit more cautious at the bigger teams.
    We should win comfortably on paper but at the end of the day this is Manchester United so it can't be taken for granted by any stakes.

Might be blue tinted as well but Hazard in the blink of an eye, exceptional player has pretty much everything. Di Maria is a fine player and will be a huge hit at United but given his age there is nobody I would swap Hazard for - I would like if we can sign him up to a much longer contract though.

United's defence and midfield still iffy for me but next season should be pretty interesting between United, City and ourselves.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

(I might be wrong and i'll not google it but he played with no striker last season didn't he?) usually though against teams he feels can challenge him for the top.

Most Chelsea fans would agree we played EVERY match last season without a striker.

• Advertisement

Might be blue tinted as well but Hazard in the blink of an eye, exceptional player has pretty much everything. Di Maria is a fine player and will be a huge hit at United but given his age there is nobody I would swap Hazard for - I would like if we can sign him up to a much longer contract though.

United's defence and midfield still iffy for me but next season should be pretty interesting between United, City and ourselves.

Utd will eventually get it right but they may need to sign a good CB to mount a proper challenge.

They're still a threat of course but so are Arsenal and Pool, its still October, its good to be top by a few points but again, nothing is won this early in the year and if we somehow manage to keep up the form we've shown, we'll be pretty unstoppable but thats highly unlikely, we'll slip up somewhere maybe a run of games but its how we react is key.

Most Chelsea fans would agree we played EVERY match last season without a striker.

Eto'o, Ba and Torres done some damage.

Winners against City, Utd and Liverpool at the Bridge.

Winner against Liverpool away.

Although that masks a lot of medicore performances inbetween for the 3 of them.

Nice that Carlo enjoyed his time with us, like a lot of us the manner of his departure still rankles

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=547146

If he does want to come back to PL football would not be too surprised to see him as manager at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I don't know if I'm as confident as everyone else about the United game, I'm certainly not as optimistic as I was for Arsenal.

They're a real wild card at the moment IMO. They've got so much talent they should be able to give anyone a game, but it just hasn't quite kicked in for them yet.

Form says we should win it, but I'm very wary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Last year Jose showed them too much respect and was happy to take a point. Reckon we will go for it this year and win comfortably.

I was more wary of dropping points at Selhurst Park rather than next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I reckon he'll batter them from the off for the first 10 to 15 minutes to nab an early goal. Once that's in the bag, then counterattack them to death as they chase the game. If there's no early breakthrough, he'll tighten it up and be content with a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I wouldn't be so confident about united especially with costa out
    I can see them giving it all and getting a win

Essien wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm as confident as everyone else about the United game, I'm certainly not as optimistic as I was for Arsenal.

They're a real wild card at the moment IMO. They've got so much talent they should be able to give anyone a game, but it just hasn't quite kicked in for them yet.

Form says we should win it, but I'm very wary.

I'll put it this way

GK - Chelsea
    Defence - Chelsea
    Midfield - 50/50
    Attack - Utd

Manager - Chelsea

Home advantage does count and help utd though but our recent record at OT is pretty good, I wouldnt say I'm 100% confident but I wouldnt fear Utd mainyl becasue I think we dont have to fear any team we play, we can deal with them all but its imposing our own game that might be the problem.

If any manager can plan a win its Jose.

That said, I'd take a draw right now and think it'll be a score draw, that will keep City at least 3 pts behind us and arguably 2 of our toughest games done with, 2 away trips to Manchester.

Leaves us having to go to Anfield (soon) and Arsenal and Spurs away and our toughest games, on paper, are over and one with.

Pretty happy with that TBH.

The next 4 league game are big.

Away to Utd
    Home to QPR
    Away to Pool
    Home to WBA

I'd be hoping for at least 8 pts, which even if City win all there games will keep us top by 1 point.

Its a big ask, especially considering we'll be playing Maribor on Tuesday with Utd away on the Sunday and Costa is very likely to miss the Utd game and possibily the Liverpool game.

• Advertisement

The next 4 league game are big.

Away to Utd
    Home to QPR
    Away to Pool
    Home to WBA

I'd be hoping for at least 8 pts, which even if City win all there games will keep us top by 1 point.

Its a big ask, especially considering we'll be playing Maribor on Tuesday with Utd away on the Sunday and Costa is very likely to miss the Utd game and possibily the Liverpool game.

Anything less than 10 points be disappointing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement