Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anything less than 10 points be disappointing

I want a minimum of 8 but anything after that is a bonus.

Hell, if we lose 1 game and win the other 3 I'd be happy.

For as long as we go unbeaten there'll be eejits talking about going unbeaten for the season, a feat i dont think we'll see repeated by a team anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

IMO Dave is a big miss for Sunday. Presume he should be available again for the Liverpool game.
    Will be interesting to see Luis in action but wasn't impressed with his lacklustre attempt at a tackle that lead to the Palace goal.

Techless wrote: »
    IMO Dave is a big miss for Sunday. Presume he should be available again for the Liverpool game.
    Will be interesting to see Luis in action but wasn't impressed with his lacklustre attempt at a tackle that lead to the Palace goal.

Dave misses Utd (A)
    Shrewsbury (A)
    QPR (H)

Back for Liverpool although if Luis does well he wont get back in, I will say the goal was his fault but as an attacking FB on the left flank, Luis is much more capable but Azp is one of the best FBs in the league and can stop nearly anyone.

matic and jose doing the CL press conf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Luis really is a class player hopefully Saturday was just a bit of ring rust showing through. But 45 minutes on Saturday and 90 tomorrow under his belt (as well as internationals) I hope he will be fine on Sunday, if he does what I would expect him to do Dave might have a few problems getting back in.

peteeeed wrote: »
    matic and jose doing the CL press conf

Matic is such a integral part of our plans I'm delighted he came back and hes been an excellent performer too, pushes us to the next level.
    Luis really is a class player hopefully Saturday was just a bit of ring rust showing through. But 45 minutes on Saturday and 90 tomorrow under his belt (as well as internationals) I hope he will be fine on Sunday, if he does what I would expect him to do Dave might have a few problems getting back in.

Ya, I'd have no problem with Luis playing against any team, hes a really good FB who, if he hits the form hes shwoed for Atletico, will give Dave and Ivan serious issues at FB.

I long for a day that Azp and Luis line out together.

press conf via twitter

Matic :says the new players this season have big qualities and made Chelsea more dangerous in attack.

he feels good playing alongside Cesc Fabregas who is always available for a pass.

in the changing room the atmosphere is very good and one of the reasons why Chelsea are top of the league.

the two games against Maribor and very important. He says Maribor are a very compact side who are doing well in the group

Diego Costa is very important but there are two great strikers available to play and he is sure there won't be problems.

the team must not leave open spaces against Maribor.

Jose
    'Diego Costa hasn't trained because he's not in condition to do so. Tomorrow he can't play.

John Mikel Obi out of tomorrow's game due to a foot injury.

'The group isn't easy; Sporting are a good team, Schalke are a good team and now have Roberto (Di Matteo) as coach.'

'Matic and Mikel are quite similar, in that position we are stable. Nathan Ake doesn't have experience but is ready.

Andre Schurrle and Ramires out of tomorrow's game

'Every English team in the CL will have it difficult, if we are all in the knockout stages we will pay for our winter fixtures.'

'All three of our strikers are different. When one player is injured it's an opportunity for another player.'

'We've had some important clean sheets, like the one against Sporting in Lisbon. Against Arsenal we were in defensive control.'

'Didier Drogba is not in condition to play 90 minutes but he can play. Dominic Solanke will be on the bench tomorrow.'

'Maribor's results tell you a lot. Their results away from home have been very impressive. We have full respect for them.'

So we'll probably see a very strong team for the Maribor game.

The extra day rest is pretty important, IMO.

Utd are playing away on Monday, we're at home on Tuesday, so no real advantage there for either side, hasd we been playing away on Wednesday I'd be very worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Another week goes by and my Chelsea bet of losing 2 games or less still going strong :pac:

• Advertisement

Another week goes by and my Chelsea bet of losing 2 games or less still going strong :pac:

We only lost 1 game in Joses first season :mad:

So its possible we could get close to a 90 point + target but I'd take winning the league by a point or on GD as long as we win the thing.

Dowd reffing on Sunday apparently well its a lot better than Dean or Foy at least.

Dowd reffing on Sunday apparently well its a lot better than Dean or Foy at least.

Between himself and clattenburg, theyre probably the best 2 left in the league.

If we can avoid Dean, Foy, and Moss for big games I'd be delighted.

The officials for the game are

Ref
    Phil Dowd

Assistants
    G Beswick
    D Cann

4th official
    C Foy

Di Maria off injured for Man U , doesn't look serious but you never know

Im not worried by Utd. Not on this performance o any from them all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Laboured, awkward, making a meal of it... United, on paper, should be brushing West Brom aside by at least 2 or 3 goals. As it is, they are lucky to be getting a draw, although the last few minutes have been absolutely brilliant pressure (but then again, nothing to show for it).

I reckon United will find out what the sharp side of a Chelsea Dagger feels like on Sunday. :D

Uyd could be 13 points behind us before the start of November.

We have to go to OT and try and batter them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hope we go and play our usual game. Don't want to see Anfield or Emirates from last year type performances. We're more than capable of battering them

• Advertisement

Utd next 4 games include

chelsea - h
    City - a
    Arsenal - a

Jaysus thats some run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Utd next 4 games include

chelsea - h
    City - a
    Arsenal - a

Jaysus thats some run

Only thing in United's favour is the opposition are all involved in Europe. (not to mention Arsenal's propensity to bricking it against United)

greendom wrote: »
    Only thing in United's favour is the opposition are all involved in Europe. (not to mention Arsenal's propensity to bricking it against United)

Well we've Maribor tomorrow night so its perfect for us, considering we get only a days less rest, had we gone to Europe and been back late Wednesday night.early thursday morning I'd be concerned.

Who you guys playing before the Utd game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The way United are playing at the minute I want a minimum of 4 points on Sunday.

Well we've Maribor tomorrow night so its perfect for us, considering we get only a days less rest, had we gone to Europe and been back late Wednesday night.early thursday morning I'd be concerned.

Who you guys playing before the Utd game?

We play them after the next international break

We play them after the next international break

Thats a tough one. International breaks are a magnet for injuries.

Thats a tough one. International breaks are a magnet for injuries.

yes it seems that Arsenal is a magnet for injuries at the moment

yes it seems that Arsenal is a magnet for injuries at the moment

More than most it seems. Although yere probably used to it by now.

Albeit its nothing you want to get used to. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

United may well be slaughtered at the hands of Jose and his amazing multi talented team sheet.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    United may well be slaughtered at the hands of Jose and his amazing multi talented team sheet.

Id take a 1-0 right now hell a draw wouldnt be terrible either depending on how the game pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Id take a 1-0 right now hell a draw wouldnt be terrible either depending on how the game pans out.

Ara shyte, we're well capable of thumping them, I say go hell for leather at them!

Panthro wrote: »
    Ara shyte, we're well capable of thumping them, I say go hell for leather at them!

We could thump them. If Costa is fit im confident we'll win, if not i fancy Remy to cause trouble with his pace.

If we get through the UCL game with no injuries ill be delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Would be great if Remy could get a goal tomorrow night..

Would be great if Remy could get a goal tomorrow night..

He should. Team will be strong for tomorrows game and will be close to the team thatll start on Sunday id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I think our over confidence here could come back to haunt us ... We're undoubtedly better at the moment but Di Maria herrera and rvp could easily punish us if we switch off at times again.

Would happily take a one nil

• Advertisement

I think our over confidence here could come back to haunt us ... We're undoubtedly better at the moment but Di Maria herrera and rvp could easily punish us if we switch off at times again.

Would happily take a one nil

I think our confidence is justified IMO.

Our toughest game, City away we managed a draw.

OT will be a tough ground to visit but weve got more than enough quality to beat Utd.

Falcao will probably start, RVP has been muck.
    Herrera is a poor mans cesc
    Di maria is the one shining light from an attacking sense and will cause us isssues but if we can shackle falcao we're sorted.

Di Maria and Falcao are top quality players of that there is no doubt. I was amazed the amount of room the Baggies RB gave Di Maria last night, I can't see Ivan and Oscar being that generous. Of course the lack of game time for Luis could be a problem if Di Maria switches to the left but he also is a quality player so should be OK.

Given the problems United have in defence and defensive midfield we should win handy enough, even though OT is still not an easy place to get a result. Could be worse though could be Dean in the middle on Sunday God he was awful last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

While I'm still not as uber confident as everyone else about a win, I'm pretty sure Cesc and Hazard are going to tear all kinds of holes in their back 4. Hopefully they do it enough that we outscore them.

you would think the big pitch will suit us going forward , i think it will be an open game . hazard and schurrle on the break , costa to play and score

peteeeed wrote: »
    you would think the big pitch will suit us going forward , i think it will be an open game . hazard and schurrle on the break , costa to play and score

If everyone is fit I'd want to see

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Luis
    Ramires Matic
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Woo heading to the Bridge... Or so I think really hope I don't get stung due to this tornado talk.

Woo heading to the Bridge... Or so I think really hope I don't get stung due to this tornado talk.

I'd say you'll be grand, i seen a few tickets available for tonight so not sure how full the Bridge will be, hopefully about 95% capacity.

It wont be a walk in the park anyway but im expecting nothing less than a win to set us up for Sunday.

No injuries before hand would be nice, especially at RB. :eek:

I can see Oscar playing to help out against Di Maria, it was only Palace but he was excellent last week, Matic is also just getting better and better it will be great when he and Cesc dovetail fully with each other. I really hope Costa plays would love to see him on the end of a few Luis crosses.

Rooney is a big loss for United, Mata really has not taken his chance - could be Ram does not start using Oscar and Willian to track. So my rather boring choice would be;

Courtois,
    Ivan, Cahill, JT, Luis
    Cesc, Matic
    Oscar, Hazard, Willian
    Costa

I can see Oscar playing to help out against Di Maria, it was only Palace but he was excellent last week, Matic is also just getting better and better it will be great when he and Cesc dovetail fully with each other. I really hope Costa plays would love to see him on the end of a few Luis crosses.

Rooney is a big loss for United, Mata really has not taken his chance - could be Ram does not start using Oscar and Willian to track. So my rather boring choice would be;

Courtois,
    Ivan, Cahill, JT, Luis
    Cesc, Matic
    Oscar, Hazard, Willian
    Costa

Theres nothing wrong with that team at all :pac:

I'm just hoping we get through tonight without much fuss and we're setup for OT nicely.

Blitz them from the off hopefully go 2 up and sit back for 60mins, conserve energy, make changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'd say you'll be grand, i seen a few tickets available for tonight so not sure how full the Bridge will be, hopefully about 95% capacity.

It wont be a walk in the park anyway but im expecting nothing less than a win to set us up for Sunday.

No injuries before hand would be nice, especially at RB. :eek:

Ya at Cork Airport now looks all good.

Usually less capacity at champions league games anyway as I think they remove some seating for extra cameras.

Yea tonight really is a night where we need to get a few goals ahead and whip off Cesc, Hazard and Matic. But then we said that against Schalke as well and that went well :( but a few early goals take the sting out of the game and let it run out to a boring training session in the end would be just fine.

Ya at Cork Airport now looks all good.

Usually less capacity at champions league games anyway as I think they remove some seating for extra cameras.

Weathers not bad in Cork, well south of the City so as long as London is grand you should be ok, yam the capacity is done by nearly 1.8-2k for UCL nights.
    Yea tonight really is a night where we need to get a few goals ahead and whip off Cesc, Hazard and Matic. But then we said that against Schalke as well and that went well :( but a few early goals take the sting out of the game and let it run out to a boring training session in the end would be just fine.

Maribor are in with a chance of getting out of this group as it stands, they'll be no push overs but if we go 2 up in the 1st half I reckon theyre fight will be drained and we'll coast home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Id be hoping we could beat maribor at least 3 nil tonight in fairness its at the bridge and we have a much stronger squad . I would rest hazard and matic and maybe terry for the utd game. Bring in zouma , ramires and willian

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Id be hoping we could beat maribor at least 3 nil tonight in fairness its at the bridge and we have a much stronger squad . I would rest hazard and matic and maybe terry for the utd game. Bring in zouma , ramires and willian

Ramires, Mikel, Schurrle and Costa are out of tonights game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ramires, Mikel, Schurrle and Costa are out of tonights game.

Totally forgot about that . Will have to play full strenght team so , be nice to finish the game early

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement