Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Totally forgot about that . Will have to play full strenght team so , be nice to finish the game early

Ake could play but like Zouma, I think hes reluctant to throw them in right now unless his arm is totally forced.

I'd make changes and give Salah a game for Hazard or Willian, both need to be 100% for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ake could play but like Zouma, I think hes reluctant to throw them in right now unless his arm is totally forced.

I'd make changes and give Salah a game for Hazard or Willian, both need to be 100% for Sunday.

Ya id throw salah in for hazard aswel, hes wel capable of scoring and assisting . I think zouma should be getting more game time tho cos JT is pushing on , he could easily get injured

Zouma can play right now id have no issue it with him playing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

U-19's beat Maribor 2-0 , 2 first half boga goals

peteeeed wrote: »
    U-19's beat Maribor 2-0 , 2 first half boga goals

I'd love to see him get a run in the 1st team, a very talented young guy.

: Chelsea line-up v Maribor: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy.

Chelsea subs v Maribor: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ake, Salah, Solanke, Drogba.

Match thread is set up and all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Is This is looking over in you're general direction wrongway?

• Advertisement

Sky arent showing the game? And tv3 not either wtf goin on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Sky arent showing the game? And tv3 not either wtf goin on?

Match is on UTV

redman85 wrote: »
    Match is on UTV

Is that in other channels ?

EDIT : I found it cheers

Ya its on ITV.

Is that in other channels ?

Theres a way of tuning it.

you may have to google it though not sure how to do it off the top of my head. Takes 2mins

Ya its on ITV.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I've got the itv HD code if anyone needs it

B0f4U77CYAAlb23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Remy out 2 weeks minimum according to ITV

Remy out 2 weeks minimum according to ITV

Thats all we need going to OT, 1 CF out, 1 36 year old and Costa, who nobody really knows what to expect in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

No Costa, no Remy........ Man United might have a chance!
    As much as I love Drogba, he was very slow and gave the ball away a lot tonight!!

• Advertisement

duckman!! wrote: »
    No Costa, no Remy........ Man United might have a chance!
    As much as I love Drogba, he was very slow and gave the ball away a lot tonight!!

I reckon we're telling porkies about Costa.

If Remy is out, Costa will play.

Even if Drogba plays he can occupy a defender or two to create space for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

I reckon we're telling porkies about Costa.

If Remy is out, Costa will play.

Even if Drogba plays he can occupy a defender or two to create space for others.

I'm not sure, he hasn't trained with the squad this week!

........please God let him play!!!

duckman!! wrote: »
    I'm not sure, he hasn't trained with the squad this week!

........please God let him play!!!

He'll be grand, hes a warrior. ;)

Drogba was slow tonight, a shadow of his former self but it was nice to see him score a goal. I'll tell you what tho that luis is a lovely ball player, if he gets on well for the next 3 games Dave may have a problem to dislodge him. It's difficult to keep grounded given the opposition and all but zouma was very composed even tho he wasn't really given anything much to worry about and ake was really lively when he came on, that assist was almost fabregas-esque.

Fully expect costa to start at the weekend.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Drogba was slow tonight, a shadow of his former self but it was nice to see him score a goal. I'll tell you what tho that luis is a lovely ball player, if he gets on well for the next 3 games Dave may have a problem to dislodge him. It's difficult to keep grounded given the opposition and all but zouma was very composed even tho he wasn't really given anything much to worry about and ake was really lively when he came on, that assist was almost fabregas-esque.

Luis is a good player, so as long as he plays well he'll be in for the next few weeks.

Sure Cole got injured, Azp came in and the rest was history, similar could happen to Azp now this season.

Means we can rotate Azp at RB but ya, Luis was a lot more composed and able to get down the line, his assist to Hazard for the O.G. was very good.

zouma is another natural talent, so young but a great prospect, if Cahill doesnt improve his levels he'll have Zouma pushing him for a start.

Ake may dislodge Mikel long term as replacement CDM to Matic, that would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Who would you like to buy this January?
    or even in the summer, for me its nobody which is a first.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Paul Pogba.

I'd be very surprised if Costa doesn't play, I watched the Spain game against Luxembourg and he scored then they took him off , didn't look injured at all

Well the African Cup of Nations is this year so we'll lose Mikel and Salah.

We have the cover here but Khedira would be a good option and an improvement on Mikel.

January:
    Khedira - although its not a priority.

Summer:
    Sub GK - Cech is likely to leave IMO.

We've got so many players to come back from loan that unless a world class player like a Costa or Cesc becomes available, theres no point spending stupid money.

• Advertisement

Paul Pogba.

Actually this, I'm starting it again.

Wheres Pogba? :pac:

I still think were a little light up top, remy is a good back up but he's injured now and we can't rely on drogba any more.
    Having said that I'd be happy if he'd promote someone like Bamford rather than go into the market.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I think the likes of Solanke will start to feature in Rémy's absence, hopefully we get the measure of him so we know if another striker is needed in January.

Bamford is out on loan and I think there are cancelation fees if you call them back early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Luis is a good player, so as long as he plays well he'll be in for the next few weeks.

Sure Cole got injured, Azp came in and the rest was history, similar could happen to Azp now this season.

Means we can rotate Azp at RB but ya, Luis was a lot more composed and able to get down the line, his assist to Hazard for the O.G. was very good.

zouma is another natural talent, so young but a great prospect, if Cahill doesnt improve his levels he'll have Zouma pushing him for a start.

Ake may dislodge Mikel long term as replacement CDM to Matic, that would be ideal.

Ake doesnt seem the most physical, so I don't know if DM is his best long term role. Quick across the ground though and good on the ball, but I don't see him replacing Mikel. Romeu or Chalobah should replace Mikel soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

How bad is Remis injury ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    How bad is Remis injury ?

I'll just call Eva now and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ha Kev, I was basically where Hazard stuck the final goal thought he ran the show he was excellent as was Luis and Ivan hard to criticise anyone though on that showing Drogba coulda done more maybe despite his peno.

Only started queing at half 7, was serious delays 6 mins about gone before I took me seat although saying that pretty much stood for whole game.

Just back in hotel highlights bout to start on ITV+1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

From a neutral point of view. Not many would get into that Chelsea team(Aside the usuallys) But Khedira/Pogba would be good signings. What do yous reckon of Oscar lately? Havn't seen him do much personal. Hazard,Fab,Costa been running the show. Matic job goes un noticed also.

From a neutral point of view. Not many would get into that Chelsea team(Aside the usuallys) But Khedira/Pogba would be good signings. What do yous reckon of Oscar lately? Havn't seen him do much personal. Hazard,Fab,Costa been running the show. Matic job goes un noticed also.

Matic is probably our greatest asset in what he offers the team.Theres not many around that can do the job he does and do it so consistently.

Oscar is improving the last few weeks and he really works his bo**ocks off when we dont have the ball.

In fact all of the support players, Schurrle, Hazard, Willian, Oscar, all cover a lot of ground which is why its hard for Salah to get game time unfortunately.

Costa and cesc have pushed us on another level with the attacking threat and we already had the best back four in the league which was added to by Courtois.

We dont have the depth that city have at the moment but our squad, by and large, is younger so it counts for something.

It looks like a 2 horse race as Arsenal, Utd, Pool, Spurs, Everton havent really got going yet but I wouldnt rule out any of the first 3 mentioned clubs from pushing until April/May for the title.

Like all squads we can improve, Pogba or Khedira would be upgrades on Ramires/Mikel/Chalobah/Romeu theres no doubt about it but in Cesc and Matic we've found a dream combination, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Watched the game very drunk in the early hours in my hotel room and thoroughly enjoyed it, was great to see a bit of rotation for the younger guys.

Thought ake slipped in seamlessly although against a weak team, certainly a useful option and same for zouma really, hope we see more of them over the year

the guy who started the revolution Mathew Harding 18 years gone today

CF for Sunday not a problem, if TSHO is not concerned then I am not concerned gotta love comment's such as “Loic has a muscular injury. I don’t know the dimension and I’m not worried. When a player is injured, play another one,” and “We are playing well, we are getting good results. We don’t cry about injuries. It’s our philosophy, we don’t cry. We just think one injury means an opportunity for somebody else.”

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/champions-league/chelseas-mourinho-brushes-off-costa-and-remy-knocks-when-a-player-is-injured-play-another?

Fully agree re Luis thought he and Hazard were excellent down the left last night, whoever is on the right for United on Sunday could have a very long day at the office.

peteeeed wrote: »
    the guy who started the revolution Mathew Harding 18 years gone today

Boy what a die hard Chelsea fan that guy was, met him in a pub in Liverpool once before a Liverpool Chelsea match. Was somewhere near the train station and if memory serves was the week after we beat United 5-0 at the Bridge. He pulled out a wad of money that was possibly more than I earned in a year and bought pints for a pub full of Chelsea fans.

He actually was a man of the people and blue to the core, so much so he died on the way back from a league cup tie in Bolton on a cold foggy night. I wonder how things would have gone had he lived as he and cuddly Ken were squaring up for a hell of a fight. One I am fairly certain Ken could not win.

RIP Matthew and of course the other misfortunate souls in the helicopter that night.

I taught oscar played well last night, there are not many players in our side with the same tenacity.
    That being said his final ball often frustrates.
    A bit of an unsung hero from last night was Willian, he put in a great shift and rarely lost the ball.

Some poor lad on twitter got it wrong and wished MH a happy birthday. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Ake doesnt seem the most physical, so I don't know if DM is his best long term role. Quick across the ground though and good on the ball, but I don't see him replacing Mikel. Romeu or Chalobah should replace Mikel soon

Makele, the man who created / perfected the position was not a big physical presence either.

CF for Sunday not a problem, if TSHO is not concerned then I am not concerned gotta love comment's such as “Loic has a muscular injury. I don’t know the dimension and I’m not worried. When a player is injured, play another one,” and “We are playing well, we are getting good results. We don’t cry about injuries. It’s our philosophy, we don’t cry. We just think one injury means an opportunity for somebody else.”

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/champions-league/chelseas-mourinho-brushes-off-costa-and-remy-knocks-when-a-player-is-injured-play-another?

Fully agree re Luis thought he and Hazard were excellent down the left last night, whoever is on the right for United on Sunday could have a very long day at the office.

It'll probably be Rafael and Mata if the WBA game is anything to go by, although LVG may play a 4-3-3 so whoevers right of the 3 CMs will have to pick up Luis as he goes forward and of course Rafael will have to try and stop Hazard.

I think Utd will score but if they try and go toe to toe with us they'll be out gunned.

Last time we played Falcao he got 4 goals against a back 7 that contained only 2 players that will play on Sunday.

Cech
    Ivan Cahill Luiz Cole
    Mikel Lampard

A very different prospect faces the Colombian when he plays this weekend.

Utds main threat is Di Maria, hes in good form and his crossing and set piece delivery is top notch although with Ivan, Cahill, JT and Matic around our team is pretty big and physical so unless a delivery is on the money, we should be ok in that regard.

A lot hinges on how fit Costa is, if he plays and is 100% we'll have a huge threat, if its Drogba the threat lessens and it'll be down to the support 3 and Cesc to try and drag us to victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'll just call Eva now and ask.

Thanks a lot, be sure to send her our wishes ..

Ya, looks like Eden gave him the penalty.
    Drogba was given the opportunity to score his first Chelsea goal since converting the decisive penalty in the 2012 Champions League final shoot-out when Eden Hazard, Chelsea’s designated penalty taker, responded to the veteran’s request to take the spot-kick.

Mourinho said he was unhappy at the switch but accepted Drogba’s strike will provide the player with a major boost.

“Players like to score goals. Strikers like to score goals,” said Mourinho. “He was not for a long time on the pitch in previous matches.

“His last goal for Chelsea was the most important goal in the history of the club.

He added: “I was surprised that Eden Hazard gave the ball to Didier Drogba for the penalty. I wasn’t particularly pleased, no. I have my choices and Hazard is No 1. Because it was a goal, I was happy.

“I don’t like it. They have the freedom to do it. They can do it, but he has to score.”

Cant link it now but JT has put up a picture of himeself and Solanke froim what looks to be about 7/8 years ago and next to it a picture of them together in training and hes congratulated him after the debut.

Nice little touch from the Captain.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement