Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cant link it now but JT has put up a picture of himeself and Solanke froim what looks to be about 7/8 years ago and next to it a picture of them together in training and hes congratulated him after the debut.

Nice little touch from the Captain.

i saw that, great pic

Bb9N9okIMAA4VoT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I reckon Costa will play, now, will he be fit, thats another issue.

If Costa plays he should be fine it is only a week since his last game. I wonder if there are any cameras in Cobham for the rest of the week?

If Costa plays he should be fine it is only a week since his last game. I wonder if there are any cameras in Cobham for the rest of the week?

He played about 160/170mins for Spain with no sign of an injury and also came back 2 days early to train with the squad.

I reckon it sJose mind games and Costa is enjoying some down time and will be raring to go on Sunday.

peteeeed wrote: »

WTF :eek:

I suppose Marina is going to be more actvie as an executive.

Never took to Gourley anyway

de Gea can keep his 50th Utd clean sheet this weekend......I'm willing to bet I've a similar chance of keeping a clean sheet* if i was to play, which is very slim.

* watch utd win 1-0 and De Gea to be MoTM :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think Gourlay did a good job of expanding the business side of things.

Marina is going to be the best looking CEO in football.

• Advertisement

Maybe she can influence the council to plow on with a stadium development, send her in with Eva to make the presentation :pac:

We'll be allowed to build over the cemetry if they play their cards right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

One of the lads in the Liverpool page summed up there night perfectly!!
    5starpool wrote: »
    We've been as threatening as a pack of kittens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Could get caught off-guard at the weekend.
    A two-nil win for those who ply their trade at ye olde Trafforde come Sunday.
    Falcao & Van Persie.

Can see the headline now:
    "Old nemeses combine to end sorry Blues' unbeaten run."
    "Mourinho sent to stands."

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Could get caught off-guard at the weekend.
    A two-nil win for those who ply their trade at ye olde Trafforde come Sunday.
    Falcao & Van Persie.

Can see the headline now:
    "Old nemeses combine to end sorry Blues' unbeaten run."
    "Mourinho sent to stands."

Ah nah. Im confident we'll get at least a draw. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If we have Drogba starting up top then we dont have much reason to be very confident of a win.. Costa has been our big man and the main reason why id see us as favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone know what Mourinho's head to head is like with Van Gaal? Only match I can think of is 2010 CL final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone know what Mourinho's head to head is like with Van Gaal? Only match I can think of is 2010 CL final.

Wonder does any manager who has faced Jose more than twice have a positive record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Wonder does any manager who has faced Jose more than twice have a positive record?

Surely Guardiola ?

the_monkey wrote: »
    Surely Guardiola ?

16 games

8 wins for Guardiola, 3 for Mourinho and 5 draws.

That record includes the latest meeting when we drew in the Super Cup but lost on penalties.

Jose has beaten Guardiola to a La Liga title and also knocked Barca out of Europe with one of those 3 wins.

Anyway, Bayern are a very complete team although I still rate Heynecks bayern as a greater team than Peps Bayern.

• Advertisement

Interesting :

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/diego-costas-mystery-illness-forced-him-into-hospital-on-return-to-chelsea-30686776.html

I wonder if its true, i suppose we'll see in Joses presser tomorrow if Costa has any part to play, its looking very unlikely at this stage.

What do we reckon for Sunday if Costa and Remy arent fit?

It has to be Drogba but does Jose pull a rabbit from the hat and try something different?

Cesc maybe? Hes done the False 9 for Spain and Barca too (I'm sure anyway) the way utd defence are its the movement beyond a CF that could kill them, Cesc is as intelligent as any footballer on the planet, if he gets the ball and can play in the other 3 supporting players I dont think we'd miss a CF, although I cant see Jose doing it, its a viable option IMO.

In essence, Oscar takes Cesc place and does the box to box role whiel Matic sits in, Oscar is very capable of this and gets around pretty easily and isnt afraid of a tackle. The supporting 3 is as good as any in the league and Hazard is looking dangerous at the moment.

Courtois

Ivan
    Cahill
    JT
    Luis

Matic
    Oscar

Schurrle
    Willian
    Hazard

Cesc

It has to be Drogba but does Jose pull a rabbit from the hat and try something different?

Cesc maybe? Hes done the False 9 for Spain and Barca too (I'm sure anyway) the way utd defence are its the movement beyond a CF that could kill them, Cesc is as intelligent as any footballer on the planet, if he gets the ball and can play in the other 3 supporting players I dont think we'd miss a CF, although I cant see Jose doing it, its a viable option IMO.

In essence, Oscar takes Cesc place and does the box to box role whiel Matic sits in, Oscar is very capable of this and gets around pretty easily and isnt afraid of a tackle. The supporting 3 is as good as any in the league and Hazard is looking dangerous at the moment.

Courtois

Ivan
    Cahill
    JT
    Luis

Matic
    Oscar

Schurrle
    Willian
    Hazard

Cesc

no false 9's costa or remy ......or drogba

no false 9's costa or remy ......or drogba

At the moment nobody knows exactly how long the first 2 will be out for.

If we go to OT with Costa or Remy starting I'll be happy, if Drogbas stgarting, he'll cause problems but nowhere near as much as Costa or Remy, which is pretty clear for all to see.

Utd will gain confidence from not seeing either on the pitch or bench but if either arent 100% its a huge risk, its only 1 game and there'll be 29 games left after this even if we lose its not the end of the world.

We'll eventually lose a few games this year, I dont for a second think we'll go unbeaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Courtois

Ivan
    Cahill
    JT
    Luis

Matic
    Oscar

Schurrle
    Willian
    Hazard

Cesc

Hazard up front ? Be worth a try or even oscar or shurrle if hes not out of the game

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Hazard up front ? Be worth a try or even oscar or shurrle if hes not out of the game

Schurrle is expect to be back, I think Ramires has a chance of making the game too.

if I had to pick one of the support players to play upfront I'd go for Schurrle, hes not afraid to shoot, Hazard does everything but at times its frustrating as f**k to see him beat a player, beat him again, another feint, drop of the shoulder beat him again, step over, beat him again, player is getting dizzy now, and Hazard digs out a cross to the goalkeeper.

Sometimes he takes too much out of the ball instead of crossing it or playing the ball to an on rushing attacker, slowing the play and leaving our players static and unable to gain an advantage is annoying and something i hope he stops from his game, theres a time and a place for it though I will admit.

Jose said in the interview hes to humble and even his own father said the same, he needs to be more arrogant and pr*ckish on the pitch, take people on and shoot, be more selfish, he'll get more goals because of it, maybe the ruthless streak can be thought to him, hopefully anyway.

• Advertisement

Schurrle is expect to be back, I think Ramires has a chance of making the game too.

if I had to pick one of the support players to play upfront I'd go for Schurrle, hes not afraid to shoot, Hazard does everything but at times its frustrating as f**k to see him beat a player, beat him again, another feint, drop of the shoulder beat him again, step over, beat him again, player is getting dizzy now, and Hazard digs out a cross to the goalkeeper.

Sometimes he takes too much out of the ball instead of crossing it or playing the ball to an on rushing attacker, slowing the play and leaving our players static and unable to gain an advantage is annoying and something i hope he stops from his game, theres a time and a place for it though I will admit.

Jose said in the interview hes to humble and even his own father said the same, he needs to be more arrogant and pr*ckish on the pitch, take people on and shoot, be more selfish, he'll get more goals because of it, maybe the ruthless streak can be thought to him, hopefully anyway.

Ya shurrle is a decent finisher aswel tbh , i agree about hazard 2 not shooting . He did it a few times the other nite , he could of had 4 or 5 goals . But his 2nd goal was a decent finish, id go with shurrle aswel tho but praying costa will be 100 %

Ya shurrle is a decent finisher aswel tbh , i agree about hazard 2 not shooting . He did it a few times the other nite , he could of had 4 or 5 goals . But his 2nd goal was a decent finish, id go with shurrle aswel tho but praying costa will be 100 %

Ya, I'd even play Costa if he wasnt 100% but able to play for 60mins.

We've to play Liverpool away in a few weeks too but right now, given Utd have mid weeks off, I'd put them as more of a threat so beating them and sending them 13 points behind would be ideal and worthy of the risk.

If Costa got a stomach bug I'm blaming the Man Utd Mafia of De Gea and or Mata for drugging him on international duty with spain :pac:

Ya, I'd even play Costa if he wasnt 100% but able to play for 60mins.

We've to play Liverpool away in a few weeks too but right now, given Utd have mid weeks off, I'd put them as more of a threat so beating them and sending them 13 points behind would be ideal and worthy of the risk.

If Costa got a stomach bug I'm blaming the Man Utd Mafia of De Gea and or Mata for drugging him on international duty with spain :pac:

Lol ya definatly de gea cos he dont want to be put to shame by costa scoring a hat trick lol

this is what we want to see

classy-costa-lifts-chelsea-136392777210210401-140818232803.jpg

Lol ya definatly de gea cos he dont want to be put to shame by costa scoring a hat trick lol

If he keeps a clean sheet its his 50th for Utd, hes certainly up to no good :pac:

• Advertisement

this is what we want to see

classy-costa-lifts-chelsea-136392777210210401-140818232803.jpg

I want to see it at least 3 times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wasn't Mata anyway cause he didn't even make the squad. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Wasn't Mata anyway cause he didn't even make the squad. :pac:

Ah here. Didnt even know that. :o

Happy Birthday Roman 48 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Hope his team go out and win to celebrate it at the weekend.

3 points would be nice alright this weekend. Cant see City slipping up so maintain the gap and be happy.

happy birthday boss man

B0sZ_V9IQAAd0DN.jpg

So.....if offered, would ya take a draw from Old Trafford right now?

Thats before we know the faith of Costa, who is very likely to miss the game as it stands.

I'd take a draw anyway, we'll still be top no matter what for another week.

I'm jumping back and forth between a draw and a win at the moment but I can see us getting something if we perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

3-0 or better will just about suffice

early goal is key for both sides, if we go 1 up we will kill them on the break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

duploelabs wrote: »
    3-0 or better will just about suffice

pfft

early goal is key for both sides, if we go 1 up we will kill them on the break

We havent gone behind in a game since the O.G. by JT in the Swansea game, we've taken the lead in every game since and havent been behind since that day.

8 games later, 17 goals scored, 6 conceded, its a pretty good record.

One weakness in Courtois game? Van Der Sar thinks so : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11184558/Chelsea-goalkeeper-Thibaut-Courtois-has-to-improve-to-be-called-the-best-in-the-world-says-Edwin-van-der-Sar.html

I'd kind of agree, he looks like he says nothing during a game but he never looks rattled either.

Hes as calm as you like when hes played, at 22 hes got everything in front of him and hes already got an impressive trophy haul to show for a young age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

One weakness in Courtois game? Van Der Sar thinks so : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11184558/Chelsea-goalkeeper-Thibaut-Courtois-has-to-improve-to-be-called-the-best-in-the-world-says-Edwin-van-der-Sar.html

I'd kind of agree, he looks like he says nothing during a game but he never looks rattled either.

Hes as calm as you like when hes played, at 22 hes got everything in front of him and hes already got an impressive trophy haul to show for a young age.
    One thing I have noticed is that he's not as vocal communicating with his defence as petr was/is leading to a few errors initially made by the defence but could be attributed to him

duploelabs wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is that he's not as vocal communicating with his defence as petr was/is leading to a few errors initially made by the defence but could be attributed to him

that will come with time , he's getting better at that each week , hard for him to lash JT out of it

So Remy out for 3 weeks but Costa has a small chance for Sunday will not confirm who starts on Sunday so says TSHO

So Remy out for 3 weeks but Costa has a small chance for Sunday will not confirm who starts on Sunday so says TSHO

Im hoping costa plays itll be a huge boost to the team if he is and will occupy Utds mind more so.

press conf

Jose: 'We are playing well, we are confident, the camp is happy and we are ready for the game

Diego Costa has a 'little chance' of playing, as do Ramires and Mikel. Loic Remy is out.

Diego Costa suffered from a virus earlier this week. He trained individually today.

expects Loic Remy to be out for around two weeks

he will respect one of the most difficult opponents in the league, but there is no reason to change our positive feeling.

Didier Drogba has trained well this week but he does not know if he will start on Sunday.

'I like to go to Old Trafford and I like to play there. I've been there with four different clubs

Louis van Gaal was important for him earlier in his career. He is looking forward to seeing him on Sunday

'We go to every match to win but sometimes during a game you feel one point is a positive point

in this moment the team are not going to Old Trafford to get a point, they are going to try to win.

Didier Drogba's contribution to the team will always be important and he understands the needs of the team.

Luis brings important experience to the squad and he is in perfect condition ahead of Sunday's game

Courtois starting game

First time for a while I watched a TSHO press conference he seems mega relaxed spoke for 25 minutes and said very little. but the snippets would be;

Remy out for 3 weeks
    Costa training on his own today and with the squad tomorrow some chance of playing
    Obi and Ram have a chance of playing
    Never actually said but alluded that Schurrle was fit
    Drogs had no reaction from CL match so it turned out to be a fantastic training session for him
    Not worried that Dave out as Luis is a top quality player, has played CL and cup matches so is in perfect condition
    Wont talk about Ballotelli or Di Maria - brushed off comments from Mata
    Is very friendly with and thankful to LVG but wont be for a few hours on Sunday

That was pretty much it from what I recall.

• Advertisement

First time for a while I watched a TSHO press conference he seems mega relaxed spoke for 25 minutes and said very little. but the snippets would be;

Remy out for 3 weeks - Balls, especially if Costa breaks down.
    Costa training on his own today and with the squad tomorrow some chance of playing - He'll play alright, he'll want to be back ASAP.
    Obi and Ram have a chance of playing - Neither will start, both decent options though.
    Never actually said but alluded that Schurrle was fit - Willians playing well, he wont start regardless, good option.
    Drogs had no reaction from CL match so it turned out to be a fantastic training session for him - Perfect, he may be needed in the coming weeks.
    Not worried that Dave out as Luis is a top quality player, has played CL and cup matches so is in perfect condition - Yup, Luis has all the experience for this game not to trouble him, great back up option.
    Wont talk about Ballotelli or Di Maria - brushed off comments from Mata - No need to comment, press only want a sound bite.
    Is very friendly with and thankful to LVG but wont be for a few hours on Sunday - Hand shakes all round hopefully at the 89th min when we've got a 2 goal lead :)

That was pretty much it from what I recall.

Above...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement