Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

On the grand scheme of things it wasn't a bad result, I would have taken a point this morning because I kinda knew utd would be up for it but the manner of it irritates.
    Ivan's send off whilst was technically correct was pretty harsh and the peno call too but sitting deep to protect a 0-1 lead is the most annoying part especially after the city fiasco a couple of weeks ago.

Another thing on today's performance hazard > di Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Only seen the 2nd half. Thought we were dominant until 10 minutes to go. Should have scored more than once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

kev1.3s wrote: »

Hazard is much better than him, not just today. He is better overall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

First half was our worst performance of the season so far, played ok in the second though. Both teams very much up for it, and for me if I were a Liverpool supporter I would be concerned by United for 4th.

QPR next week good for the goal difference at least.

First half was our worst performance of the season so far, played ok in the second though. Both teams very much up for it, and for me if I were a Liverpool supporter I would be concerned by United for 4th.

QPR next week good for the goal difference at least.

I think utd can even finish 2nd bein honest, all the top 6 have had bad starts bar us. Utd wil only get better :(

Was also happy with drogba's contribution today, looked far better than he did mid week but ultimately we did miss costas tenacity. Ivan getting sent off has given us a a bit of a problem now in right back for next week, time for zouma to show what he can do I suppose?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I think utd can even finish 2nd bein honest, all the top 6 have had bad starts bar us. Utd wil only get better :(

I'd say united will get a bit of a shock next week at the etihad, I'm not sure but if this knee injury to falcao is a reoccurance of his last one it may not bode too well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Of that there should be, and never should have been, a doubt. Hazard is a frightening talent, imo, he is so very close to the absolute best.

• Advertisement

Was also happy with drogba's contribution today, looked far better than he did mid week but ultimately we did miss costas tenacity. Ivan getting sent off has given us a a bit of a problem now in right back for next week, time for zouma to show what he can do I suppose?

Two yellows is one match ban no? So I think he is out of Shrewsbury game on Tuesday as a result of card.

Luis was good today they tried hard down his side but he did well, we really need to start Dave and Luis as full backs Ivan is just not a good enough room RB

I'd say united will get a bit of a shock next week at the etihad, I'm not sure but if this knee injury to falcao is a reoccurance of his last one it may not bode too well for him.

Had not thought of that bad for the lad if it is he was an awesome player at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

And Di Maria's first 7 games in the premier league > Hazards season so far

Had not thought of that bad for the lad if it is he was an awesome player at Madrid.

I'm not sure it is I just heard or read that somewhere. He was an awesome player at Madrid and Porto before he probably lost a bit of sharpness at Monaco, one things for sure if he does recapture his old form he'll be an asset but as. It stands he hasn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

but if this knee injury to falcao is a reoccurance of his last one it may not bode too well for him.

What knee injury?

I'll grant you he's had a fine start, how much better I don't know but today was the first big test and for the most part he wasn't spectacular.
    We've played arguably out two toughest away games of the season, against you and city and hazard was in great form for both.

• Advertisement

What knee injury?

As I said I don't know but I heard or read somewhere he had taken a knock to his knee, I am open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Two yellows is one match ban no? So I think he is out of Shrewsbury game on Tuesday as a result of card.

Luis was good today they tried hard down his side but he did well, we really need to start Dave and Luis as full backs Ivan is just not a good enough room RB

Must say i disagree, think ivan is like a rock! virtually undropable,
    unless of course he gets a ban!!!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Must say i disagree, think ivan is like a rock! virtually undropable,
    unless of course he gets a ban!!!

I agree , think ivan is an animal . He had a good game today aswel in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The way things are going right now, and the way some people are carrying on, I'm seriously reminded of this:

nyp_england_world_cup_2010.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

For all Hazard's talent, he didn't make the difference today. He had a lot of flash, but very little end product.

By comparison, Costa has made the difference practically every game he's played. What we missed today was a back-up for Costa. A second goal would have made all the difference. Jose will be looking at Hazard's value and equating it to what he can get as an effective striker. Hazard has to start making as much difference as Costa does. And as regularly. Otherwise he's not going to cut it in Mou's eyes.

• Advertisement

Would like to see back 4 of Dave, Ivan, JT, Luis just to see could be interesting. Before Ivan came to us he was a CB and for me that shows at times. He was caught up the field a few times in the first half and his delivery is not as good as Daves or Luis (he has a great cross). Cahill worries me from time to time.

We need to get Remy and Costa fit and firing as well, Drog may well improve with fitness but he has a bit to go.

Still had our two matches in Manchester and one in Liverpool so three of hardest away matches done and dusted and still unbeaten, it sure could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

McDave wrote: »
    For all Hazard's talent, he didn't make the difference today. He had a lot of flash, but very little end product.

By comparison, Costa has made the difference practically every game he's played. What we missed today was a back-up for Costa. A second goal would have made all the difference. Jose will be looking at Hazard's value and equating it to what he can get as an effective striker. Hazard has to start making as much difference as Costa does. And as regularly. Otherwise he's not going to cut it in Mou's eyes.

All he lacks is that killer eye for goal. He adds so much to the team, he is our main outlet and spark when we look bereft of ideas and is the link from midfield to attack. Mourinho said he was very happy with him after the game and that he is improving every week.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/26/7074117/chelsea-fc-manchester-united-eden-hazard-jose-mourinho-post-match-comments?

People forget he is nearly 4 years younger than Di Maria, I mean the guy hasn't even come close to hitting his ability ceiling yet. The sooner he is tied to a long-term contract the better. I think he's my favourite player in the world to watch.

Lukker- wrote: »
    All he lacks is that killer eye for goal. He adds so much to the team, he is our main outlet and spark when we look bereft of ideas and is the link from midfield to attack. Mourinho said he was very happy with him after the game and that he is improving every week.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/26/7074117/chelsea-fc-manchester-united-eden-hazard-jose-mourinho-post-match-comments?

People forget he is nearly 4 years younger than Di Maria, I mean the guy hasn't even come close to hitting his ability ceiling yet. The sooner he is tied to a long-term contract the better. I think he's my favourite player in the world to watch.
    There's no doubt he has talent. Jose may be prepared to develop him over the long haul. However, I also think he'll be judging him on his impact in the really big matches. Creative players like Messi and Robben have that impact. With some adjustments maybe Hazard can be there in a year or two. But Jose has to win trophies now.

Our big lack yesterday was a killer finish to our attacking efforts. Costa would likely have scored early on, and a second goal would have been more likely. As it was, we laboured for one goal, and Hazard's one-on-one apart, didn't look like a second. Man U were better than many were expecting, but they were there for the taking. Jose will be ruing the missing points and will be using precisely this kind of match as a yardstick for measuring his needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

McDave wrote: »
    There's no doubt he has talent. Jose may be prepared to develop him over the long haul. However, I also think he'll be judging him on his impact in the really big matches. Creative players like Messi and Robben have that impact. With some adjustments maybe Hazard can be there in a year or two. But Jose has to win trophies now.

Our big lack yesterday was a killer finish to our attacking efforts. Costa would likely have scored early on, and a second goal would have been more likely. As it was, we laboured for one goal, and Hazard's one-on-one apart, didn't look like a second. Man U were better than many were expecting, but they were there for the taking. Jose will be ruing the missing points and will be using precisely this kind of match as a yardstick for measuring his needs.

I think that's being extremely harsh. Yesterday the game amounted to two sides playing cautiously, each respecting the attacking talents on the opposing side and catering their teams to deal with it. Despite that, Hazard was the brightest attacking player on show. He's so often the one who picks up the ball deep and gets us up the pitch, he wins so many free-kicks, he spots passes others don't see, in short, he has that rare magic that creates a fear among the opposition, and he has done it in the big games too.

I don't think he is the most natural finisher, I don't think his goal output will ever reach Ronaldo or Messi levels but his general play is sublime and I would absolutely put him on par with Ribery or Robben. There's no player I enjoy watching more than our precious Belgian, for me, he's beyond question or doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Apart from sitting deep from 60 mins onwards and arguably dropping 2 points as a result, the most galling thing yesterday was seeing Fellaini being penalised but NOT booked for an elbow raised to the face - should have been at least a yellow meaning the later tug-back on Hazard would have seen him sent off.

Instead Fatty Dowd doesn't book him, and he's there at the death with the header that ultimately set up their equaliser (though Zouma and Luis both stood rooted to their spots whilst VanP reacted)

I'd certainly have taken a 1-1 beforehand knowing that United would up their game against us, but all 3 points would have been so sweet. Just have to get full points in the "West London Derby" next week and hope that Utd can hold City at the Etihad !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nice words from Mata about the Chelsea fans at the game yesterday, and a very fair assessment of the game.
    Hi everyone,

As you can imagine, this has been a very intense day for me. A Sunday full of emotions because of the big game against Chelsea. Facing them for the first time was special and the match, very even in my opinion, was tense until the last minute. I think we did a good first half, but we weren’t able to take our chances. In the second half, after Drogba’s goal they took control of the game for some time but in the last stage we pushed hard and managed to equalise. The truth is I felt very comfortable on the pitch, and it was nice to meet again friends and former team-mates after all these months. In the end, when you are on the pitch you concentrate on doing your job to help your team, and you must be absolutely focused on that.

As always, the atmosphere in Old Trafford was spectacular. Your support this season is vital.

It’s worth mentioning the Chelsea fans in Old Trafford; their affection comforts me and, as I have said so many times, I will always feel grateful to them and to the club. I feel there is mutual respect and this is very important for me in all aspects of life.

I think that's being extremely harsh. Yesterday the game amounted to two sides playing cautiously, each respecting the attacking talents on the opposing side and catering their teams to deal with it. Despite that, Hazard was the brightest attacking player on show. He's so often the one who picks up the ball deep and gets us up the pitch, he wins so many free-kicks, he spots passes others don't see, in short, he has that rare magic that creates a fear among the opposition, and he has done it in the big games too.

I don't think he is the most natural finisher, I don't think his goal output will ever reach Ronaldo or Messi levels but his general play is sublime and I would absolutely put him on par with Ribery or Robben. There's no player I enjoy watching more than our precious Belgian, for me, he's beyond question or doubt.
    I thought Chelsea were quite dynamic, playing more like the home team for large stretches. Our build up was strong, but I'm afraid we broke up close to goal. Part of that was not having Costa. But part of it was also Hazard holding on to possession too long. A lot of moves ended with Hazard being relatively ineffectual. He didn't have a bad game. But he was by no means a gamechanger, something Jose aspires to him being.

I'm not judging him on this game alone. But its on games like this that he'll ultimately be judged. And he'll need to make the difference more often than not at the serious end of business.

For the game on Tuesday I'd like to see something like this,

Cech
    Zouma Christensen Cahill Luis
    Ake Mikel
    Salah Schurrle Ramires
    Solanke

I suspect it will be a bit stronger than that but would love to see something like that. Any word on Ramires? Really hope Costa is back for the weekend, he could get a hat full of goals against QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City lost we drew.

A point gained towards our ultimate goal of winning the league,yesterdays game was never going to define our season or shape it, even if we lost.

The most important thing was to put poi ts on the board over City, our closest rival for the league, southampton wont be in 2nd come May, im guessing.

Good points, courtois nearly won us 3 poi ts, the guy is the best keeper in the league and probably 2nd best in the world.
    Luis was very good.

Hazard was the stand out performer on the pitch.

Drogbas goal was a thing of beauty.

The goal was our own fault, Ivan cost us 2poi ts by bei g naive for touching di maria in the corner.

we should have seen the game out so weve nobody to blame but ourselves as we had a DM and a CB on the pitch at that stage.

Anyway, as i said its a point gained over our major rivals.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Rubbish. http://bit.ly/1rLvchT

• Advertisement

Judging by those stats our eden is a more rounded player, perhaps in no small part to Jose critasising his defensive side last season.

Just proves hazard is a much better all round player. I always knew that anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Also all of Hazards shots or chances created are from open play, whereas Di Maria takes frees and corners for United

Costa returned to full training today.

Johner wrote: »
    Costa returned to full training today.

Hopefully gets a few against qpr

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hopefully gets a few against qpr

He needs to keep Aguero off his back for the golden boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hazard has better defensive stats, not in any old team but a Mourinho team, when the whole United team can't defend at all, big whoop

Also you should use per 90 metric when using that site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

WAGNH saying Costa will need surgery eventually. I'd nearly rather lose him now, we're clear at the top and doing well in the champions league. He'd be out for 6 weeks, but 2 of the weeks would be internation so no fixtures.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/10/27/7080043/diego-costa-surgery-injury-hamstring-chelsea

• Advertisement

Surely with qpr having the worst defence in the league we'll thump them by a few at the weekend. Hopefully anyway.

Best manager in the league

B0-FAKyCIAAgaUX.jpg

B09vxk2CEAEq1Kt.jpg

Best goalkeeper in La Liga last year according to the LFP awards is...................

KEYLOR NAVAS

LOL

Hazard, costa and courtois nominated for ballon d'or.

Hopefully in a few years Hazard is talked about as a serious contender for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have to laugh at Mourinho playing the poor mouth about an 'injury crisis' when he has nearly 30 players out on loan.

Thought Chelsea had players out on loan not TSHO personally, news to me that you got a link.

Also thought when players were out on loan they were unavailable to the parent club, you got a link to that rule change as well?

Have to laugh at Mourinho playing the poor mouth about an 'injury crisis' when he has nearly 30 players out on loan.

Non of which, that would add any quality to the squad right now, regardless of the "crisis"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Best goalkeeper in La Liga last year according to the LFP awards is...................

KEYLOR NAVAS

LOL

Yeah but Courtois and Neuer are the only GKs nominated for the baloon d'or

Thought Chelsea had players out on loan not TSHO personally, news to me that you got a link.

Also thought when players were out on loan they were unavailable to the parent club, you got a link to that rule change as well?

AFAIK, only EPL loans cant be re-called, the rest of them can, but it may cost us.

Theres nobody on loan that we need back though, Costa will be fit for the weekend and raring to go and Remy will be available after the international break, we'll be grand.

rest Drogba against shresbury and play one of the youngsters.

Team I'd go with

Cech
    Kane Zouma Cahill Luis
    Ake Mikel
    Salah Oscar Schurrle
    Solanke

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement