Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yeah but Courtois and Neuer are the only GKs nominated for the baloon d'or

thats the thing, its a glaring mistake to give it to anybody but Courtois but I'm sure he wont lose any sleep.

He'll have to make do with a EPL medal at the end of the year, he'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    thats the thing, its a glaring mistake to give it to anybody but Courtois but I'm sure he wont lose any sleep.

He'll have to make do with a EPL medal at the end of the year, he'll be grand.

The EPL one will be hidden by the CL one though........

Seems Jamie Carragher is now taking his "analysis" from the Republik of Mancunia blog site as this was on their site yesterday morning.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/jamie-carragher-argues-that-chelseas-john-terry-was-actually-grappling-man-uniteds-rojo-picture/?

Just when I thought it was impossible for Carragher sink lower in punditry bang in it goes like one of his own goals, he has no redeeming characteristics at all for me.

The EPL one will be hidden by the CL one though........

Might as well throw the FA Cup into the mix too and make it a treble :pac:

Seems Jamie Carragher is now taking his "analysis" from the Republik of Mancunia blog site as this was on their site yesterday morning.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/jamie-carragher-argues-that-chelseas-john-terry-was-actually-grappling-man-uniteds-rojo-picture/?

Just when I thought it was impossible for Carragher sink lower in punditry bang in it goes like one of his own goals, he has no redeeming characteristics at all for me.

I missed that on MNF.

Terry didnt make half as much of an issue as Ivanovic did, mainly because had Ivanovic not been wrestled to the ground its a tap in, he almost got a flick on it anyway but how the foul wasnt spotted was a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Money in the bank shot from Nando for Milan
    https://vine.co/v/OMBO69n9B5P

Well another match so soon after the trials and tribulations of OT, the good thing about the match is Ivan serves his ban (at least I think he does). I suppose the least said about the manner of his dismissal at this stage the better really. So who plays tonight then Solanke, Loftus-Cheek and Boga played for the U-21's last night so they are out. Given our striking problems a little surprised that Solanke was not pulled from that match.

Full backs are hard to call is Christensen fit? If so will it be a back four of Luis (RB), Happy, Christensen, Ake (LB) only real exception there is will Cahill play as JT really cant.

What is the story with Ram he was supposed to be in the frame V United so perhaps it will be Obi and Ram in midfield.

Attacking midfield could be Salah, Oscar and Baker with Schurrle starting as CF.

Petr, Luis, Happy, Christensen, Ake, Ram, Obi, Salah, Oscar, Baker, Schurrle

Not our strongest line up but a great opportunity for a few players to put a stake in the ground for more game time.

I'd like to see Kane play at RB but not sure if he played last night with the U21s.

We'll make changes anyway, and at least its on TV, will be good to see a few fringe players get games.

RB is the only place I can see an issue with, Azp has 1 more game left to serve in his ban, Ivan is banned so Luis is our only senior FB left in the team.

I'd love if we seen a few youngsters but Jose kind of blew that idea off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aké, Baker, Christensen and Brown will probably be the ones involved is some way tonight.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd like to see Kane play at RB but not sure if he played last night with the U21s.

We'll make changes anyway, and at least its on TV, will be good to see a few fringe players get games.

RB is the only place I can see an issue with, Azp has 1 more game left to serve in his ban, Ivan is banned so Luis is our only senior FB left in the team.

I'd love if we seen a few youngsters but Jose kind of blew that idea off.

No Kane played last night as well for the U21's. I can see the likes of Cesc, Hazard & Willian on the bench but really only use them if really needed. As luck would have it the fixtures are reasonably kind with QPR and Maribor up next.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Aké, Baker, Christensen and Brown will probably be the ones involved is some way tonight.

I'd be happy if all 4 started TBH.

they're all good enough for the level of opponent we'll be facing.
    No Kane played last night as well for the U21's. I can see the likes of Cesc, Hazard & Willian on the bench but really only use them if really needed. As luck would have it the fixtures are reasonably kind with QPR and Maribor up next.

Ya, if we can get through the next 3 games with 3 wins before we go to Anfield, we'll be sorted.

We'll be coming back from the Maribor game but Liverpool have to travel to Madrid before we play them.

Another good thing about this weekend is, we play Saturday and City are on Sunday midday.

We could be 9 points clear of them at kickoff if we can do the job over QPR.

Hopefully we do manage it, it will put pressure on them and with Utd having rooney back, they'll be nearly full strength.

I'll be watching that game and hoping for a draw, hell even a Utd win isnt the worst thing in the world to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What time is ko ? 7.45 is it

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What time is ko ? 7.45 is it

Yup, on sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Dare I say Ramires might put in a shift at right back? He had arguably his best performance for us there against Barca after JT was dismissed. That'd leave Ake to partner Mikel in DM where Jose seems to see his future being.

Would like to see Salah get some game time as he's been a forgotten figure this season, and hopefully Baker in Oscar's place with Schurrle and Brown taking up the LW & CF spots.

kessler182 wrote: »
    Dare I say Ramires might put in a shift at right back? He had arguably his best performance for us there against Barca after JT was dismissed. That'd leave Ake to partner Mikel in DM where Jose seems to see his future being.

Would like to see Salah get some game time as he's been a forgotten figure this season, and hopefully Baker in Oscar's place with Schurrle and Brown taking up the LW & CF spots.

I was thinking Ramires at RB. Would leave us not having to play a rookie at RB and keep Luis at LB and Ake in midfield.

Cech;
    Christensen, Zouma, Cahill, Filipe Luis;
    Mikel, Ake;
    Salah, Oscar, Schurrle;
    Drogba

Schwarzer,
    Terry,
    Matic, Baker, Willian, Hazard,
    Brown

Johner wrote: »
    For the game on Tuesday I'd like to see something like this,

Cech
    Zouma Christensen Cahill Luis
    Ake Mikel
    Salah Schurrle Ramires
    Solanke

Team v Shrewsbury Town: Cech; Christensen, Zouma, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Mikel, Ake; Salah, Oscar, Schurrle; Drogba (c).

I was close. :pac: Happy enough with that team.

• Advertisement

Plenty of experience there among that XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hope Baker gets a a decent run out.

Lukker- wrote: »

Would love to see Izzy Brown get some decent game time as well.

Lukker- wrote: »

He should, whip Oscar and Drogba at about 55-60mins if we've a lead and throw on Baker and Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Interesting to see Ake. Heard good things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

We are very lethargic

The word I'd use begins with S and has 4 letters.

Pretty awful half from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yup, weve been 2nd best pretty much throughout.

• Advertisement

Didier Drogba tra la la la la.

Drogba.........

Lovely touch from Salah.

Great effort Schurrle.

Am i the only one here?

Whats the score? I stopped watching at half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Whats the score? I stopped watching at half time

1-0.

Really good goal by Drogba

Zouma has done well again, monster talent.

1-0.

Really good goal by Drogba

Nice one

Wil prob end 1-0?

Am i the only one here?

we're all here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316198

• Advertisement

Ok ill turn the lights out after the qame

Balls.

Terrible from Mikel.

**** ing hell another corner failure

Willian and Matic on for Salah and Mikel.

Woo.

Willian 2 1

Cracking ball by Willian.

We still lack that "killer" touch that Jose wants.

Well done Willian though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Only started watching.. What was Salah like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement