Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Good work from Willian. Absolutely ****ing awful from Mikel at the corner. How he's still at the club is an absolute mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

redman85 wrote: »
    Only started watching.. What was Salah like?
    Pretty poor tbh. His shooting in the 1st half was comically bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

redman85 wrote: »
    Only started watching.. What was Salah like?

Absolutely woeful, many shots, none on target, one out of play for a throw.

Hes too one dimensional IMO for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Why was Drogba ever allowed leave Chelsea on a free? He's been great tonight and was great at the weekend. And he's 36!

Schurrles been terrible as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That was a bit uncomfortable to say the least.
    If I never see salah in a chelsea shirt again it'll be too soon.

Why was Drogba ever allowed leave Chelsea on a free? He's been great tonight and was great at the weekend. And he's 36!

He was apparently offered a contract but wanted the money from china to build more hospitals at home.

Hes played well enough, 180minutes in the space of 2 days is very good for a 36 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

48 hours after such a big game, im not too concerned who played well as long as we won.

Likely than Remy or Costa will be back at the weekend to take Drogba's place id say, well hopefully anyway as he doesnt look able for 3 games in 7 days.

From tonight,

Cech, is still able and can fill in if needed.

Christensen, is some way off senior football especially as a make shift RB but will get there in probably at CB.
    Cahill, shaky as hell, has been all year IMO.
    Zouma, immense talent had an ok game, could easily play Saturday if needed.
    Luis, great LB, shouldnt be replaced once Daves suspension is up.

Mikel, terrible, offers nothing, even as a screen, gets by passed too easily.
    Ake, another good game from him, I'd prefer him over mikel.

Salah, useless is putting it mildly, thats ll I'll say, wont be even in the 18 Saturday i'd say.
    Oscar, ok game, he tired but thats to be expected.
    Schurrle, like Salah but a better, wont play Saturday.

Drogba, good game, his age starting showing in the last 10/15mins

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

+1, Mikel was absolutely terrible!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Thought Ake was rubbish tonight. Jumping in far too often. Lots of improving needed. Was all set for a goal fest but we didn't match shrews for intensity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thought Ake was rubbish tonight. Jumping in far too often. Lots of improving needed. Was all set for a goal fest but we didn't match shrews for intensity

Can't agree it was set up for a goal fest but surely even with 7 changes we can still approach game with more drive and purpose, The Shrews haven't lost at home all season and only conceded 3 goals in League at Greenhous Meadow. Forgetful performance from our lads but we still in the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

To be fair to Ake he was neat and tidy. Didn't really do anything in a attacking sense has a bit of bite about him. I'd have him over Mikel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Dont understand why anyone would have Ake ahead of Mikel (other than youthful potential).

Mikel can be a very good player when we need to be tight or ''park the bus'' as some would say. Not tonight when we need someone in the centre of midfield who will demand the ball, be creative and play forward passes... but overall hes a very useful member of the squad in my opinion.

Mikel has started in all of these games where we needed (or manager felt we needed) a tight performance, and he delivered:

Barcelona (A) 0-0 - [08/09]
    Benfica (A) 0-1 - [11/12]
    Barcelona (H) 1-0 [11/12]
    Barcelona (A) 2-2 [11/12]
    Bayern (N) 1-1 [11/12]
    Arsenal (A) 0-0 [13/14]
    Liverpool (A) 0-2 [13/14]
    Athletico (A) 0-0 [13/14]

To me, the above shows that Mikel has been a fairly crucial player for us in big games and at big times. The criticism of him annoys me if im honest. Hes the kind of player who will leave the club eventually and not really get much of a send-off even though he'd be very deserving of one, I think thats a bit sad.

Totally underrated.

Drogba sticking around afterwards to sign autographs, mans a legend.

10423809_688024128009789_3419155967195855837_n.jpg?oh=2e3da791aa553e0a77991cca94062404&oe=54F8D766&__gda__=1425185408_611ea436bc7c59813114a88275102983

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lazy reporting which has been copied in a few places.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/11194583/Jose-Mourinho-tells-Chesleas-fringe-players-they-did-not-play-well-enough-against-Shrewsbury-Town.html

I thought Luis played a full 90 (or with United time about 100mins) on Sunday, also thought he did OK last night. Our worst player on the pitch last night was Obi by a country mile but it was a foul night weather wise against a side doing well in their league and really up for the game. It is possible Salah and Schurrle were trying too hard but they didn't have a great night at the office, though the touch from Salah for Drogs goal was very nice.

A lot of people under performed last night, if I was picking our best player it would be between Drogba and Cech.

Schurrle was coming off an illness so hes rusty so I'll give the World Cup winning German an easier time than say, Salah, who should be grasping these opportunities with two hands and trying to impress.

His finishing last season was woeful when he played this year its getting worse but its not just his finishing its his decision making, he has the pace to around the outside of people on his weaker leg but he doesnt do it.

For example, Hazard whos right legged his the poise, balance and speed to go down the line onto his left leg and cut ion once hes past the FB, Salah always shifts back onto his left leg, he never tries to go down the outside and its frustrating as he narrows it way to much by going insid, especailly last night as Ivan or Dave werent there to bomb on and young CXhristensen isnt a natural RB.

I'm hugely disappointed by him and in January he'll be going to the ACN along with Mikel, i dont think either will be missed so much either.

Really playing against motivated sides on a horrible night the result is all that matters, it is very rare you see excellent football under these conditions. It was a great learning curve for Aki and Christensen who I think are very close to a start in a proper match, they could well get a run against Sporting in the CL in December if we do the business against Moribor and Schalke.

TSHO is right to point out they have to do more Schurrle, Salah and Zouma worked hard last night but Schurrle and Salah really have to show better decision making. They are not bad players at the moment not shoe in starters but should be capable of being excellent squad players.

How long will someone like Schurrle be happy to be a squad player though?

Hes probably more of a threat than Willian but Willian works harder for the team and hes played well in the last few games.

Its all down to Schurrle to dislodge Oscar or Willian from this side.

Anybody any idea when the draw for the last 8 is made?

Edit : Just realised its tonight after the other games. :o

So far its going to be :

Chelsea,
    Liverpool,
    Bournemouth
    Sheffield Utd
    Derby

And the winners of

Man City v Newcastle
    Stoke v Southampton
    Spurs v Brighton

Theres potential for some very good games in the last 8.

Naturally I want Bournemouth at the Bridge and to avoid a game away to an EPL side.

• Advertisement

So the go gossip around the camp fire is we are after Pique, God I hope not not only is he not an improvement on what we have he is a major step backward's.

Pique? :eek:

That makes very little sense IMO.

We need someone to replace JT and I'd prefer if it was Zouma, now, if it was to bring in Pique to do Cahills role I'd nearly go for it but Pique will cost alot and earn a lot plkus I cant see him joining us and Jose, although I thought the same of Cesc. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

lol @ Pique

Our dear old friend mark clattenberg has been dropped for the weekend due to his failure to obey protocol. I can't understand how the premier league still permits clearly inadequate referees like him officiate any games.

Lukker- wrote: »
    lol @ Pique

I'd take him but its a non-story IMO.
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    Our dear old friend mark clattenberg has been dropped for the weekend due to his failure to obey protocol. I can't understand how the premier league still permits clearly inadequate referees like him officiate any games.

Ya, got dropped for talking to Warnock on his mobile phone as he was leaving the game to go to a concert.

There is rules on place that officials have to obey but what about Warnock, why was he trying to contact him? He should be banned too.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I know we've not-so-great history with Clattenberg but he's probably one of the better refs in the EPL. Not that that's saying much.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd take him but its a non-story IMO.

Ya, got dropped for talking to Warnock on his mobile phone as he was leaving the game to go to a concert.

There is rules on place that officials have to obey but what about Warnock, why was he trying to contact him? He should be banned too.

Yeah I agree but I suppose it depends on who made the phone call, would premier league managers generally have access to referees numbers?
    I'd doubt it and in my opinion a manager having a refs number would be more than a little suspect.

I know we've not-so-great history with Clattenberg but he's probably one of the better refs in the EPL. Not that that's saying much.

I wouldn't agree with that. Although I'm unconvinced he racially abused mikel he's had more than his fair share of controversy.

Ya he is unfortunately can do plenty worse like his music taste I guess :D

• Advertisement

Our ref this weekend :

Chelsea v QPR

Ref
    Mike Jones

Assistants
    J Collin
    R West

4th official
    R East

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Yeah I agree but I suppose it depends on who made the phone call, would premier league managers generally have access to referees numbers?
    I'd doubt it and in my opinion a manager having a refs number would be more than a little suspect.

I think the article said Warnock had contacted him, although I'll have to check it again.

Either way it shouldnt be happening, I've no doubt that it does at some level but who leaked it, I mean if the conversation is between 2 people, ya cant imagine either of them are that stupid to leak it.

Unless the phones they use are "work" phones and the FA can track numbers and calls which would make the incident even more silly for both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A league table of our teams over the years
    TAj1nQF.jpg

duploelabs wrote: »
    A league table of our teams over the years
    TAj1nQF.jpg

Dya know whats worse, our 14/15 team should have 9 wins out of 9 too.

:o

City look to be going out of the league cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Derby
    Bournemouth
    Sheffield Utd
    Newcastle
    Southampton
    Spurs

City were shocking.

• Advertisement

Any home draw would be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Johner wrote: »
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Derby
    Bournemouth
    Sheffield Utd
    Newcastle
    Southampton
    Spurs

City were shocking.
    Man city lying 3rd in the CL group with Byren, CSK Moskow and Roma yet to play.
    They could be out of that too, but then they would concentrate on the PL. I don't know, will they get out of the group in the CL?

Derby away, will take that!

We've been drawn against Derby away in League Cup 1/4 Finals.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Man city lying 3rd in the CL group with Byren, CSK Moskow and Roma yet to play.
    They could be out of that too, but then they would concentrate on the PL. I don't know, will they get out of the group in the CL?

I think they will still get 2nd in the group.

• Advertisement

Itll be tricky but a handy enough draw.

We will of course but don't think we'll progress if we play like last night.

Ferdinand gets a 3 game ban over twitter comments.

Delighted, hate him really.

We will of course but don't think we'll progress if we play like last night.

Most difficult opponents on paper left is Southampton, Spurs and Pool. No gimmes if we get through our game against derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rio's been banned because he's been on the Twitter machine again?!!

giphy.gif

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke!:D:pac::D

Would have preferred a punishment where he would have had to play every week. He was never as good as the hype suggested but now he is barely League 1 level, I was hoping he would start Saturday it would have been even better than playing against 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Would have preferred a punishment where he would have had to play every week. He was never as good as the hype suggested but now he is barely League 1 level, I was hoping he would start Saturday it would have been even better than playing against 10 men.

Please please please keep him playing, anything to keep him off the telly box

Given we'll be nearly full strength, I still expect us to beat them by 2 or more on Saturday, granted if Rio was playing it could have been more but he probably would have been dropped anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd feckin rather them have Rio, if he was playing he's a liability

I wonder if Haz the younger will be playing in Chelsea blue next season here is another goal for his scrap book

http://talksport.com/football/video-hazard-goal-chelsea-fans-will-not-have-seen-141030121691?

He does look handy be great to see the two of them terrorise the PL

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement