Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wonder if Haz the younger will be playing in Chelsea blue next season here is another goal for his scrap book

http://talksport.com/football/video-hazard-goal-chelsea-fans-will-not-have-seen-141030121691?

He does look handy be great to see the two of them terrorise the PL

He'll probably be kept but then an awful lot depends on the 4 HG players rule and the 17 foreginers in the squad.

Which means guys like Salah, Atsu, T.Hazard might be loaned or sold.

Although any player U21 doesnt have to be registered which will present another challenge when guys like Christensen and Zouma do go over this that hopefully we'll have a better grasp of the HG/Foreign quota

Our game against Derby away is on Sky on December 16th, Chelsea announced on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sell Salah, recall thorgan
    simples
    I wonder if Haz the younger will be playing in Chelsea blue next season here is another goal for his scrap book

http://talksport.com/football/video-hazard-goal-chelsea-fans-will-not-have-seen-141030121691?

He does look handy be great to see the two of them terrorise the PL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

How much would you say the language / cultural difference between the squad is affecting Salah?
    Know the 2 leagues are completely different but he looked decent when playing in Europe for Basel.

Consider that Salah is the only player from an Arabic speaking country and anybody else who doesn't speak English has someone else to be buddies with or have as a translator. Costa has Luis, or Fabregas if his Spanish is up to scratch and so on.

Is he just finding it hard to get settled, and make a bond or understanding with his team-mates and their plays or do you guys think he's just not cut out for Chelsea?

duploelabs wrote: »
    simples

We bought Salah for a cheap enough price, TBH hes like De Bruyne, I just know if he left he'll become a better player with a run of games.

Its just right now, in asquad with such s high talent ceiling, Salah is getting left behind. I'd have Ramires on the wing before Salah and thats saying a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

simples

I'd prefer Piazon

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    How much would you say the language / cultural difference between the squad is affecting Salah?
    Know the 2 leagues are completely different but he looked decent when playing in Europe for Basel.

Consider that Salah is the only player from an Arabic speaking country and anybody else who doesn't speak English has someone else to be buddies with or have as a translator. Costa has Luis, or Fabregas if his Spanish is up to scratch and so on.

Is he just finding it hard to get settled, and make a bond or understanding with his team-mates and their plays or do you guys think he's just not cut out for Chelsea?

I think its a bith of both if I'm honest. Although Jose had great things to say about him when he signed, whcih was about 10months ago.

I just thought he'd be pushing for a start now, we've got realistically 5 players for 3 positions and 1 of them (Hazard) is banker to start, so thats 4 guys for 2 positions.

Right now Oscar and Willian are ahead of Schurrle and all 3 are well ahead of Salah, IMO. Hes only young but he has to improve on a few aspects of his game or else he'll end up like Marko Marin, remember him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think its a bith of both if I'm honest. Although Jose had great things to say about him when he signed, whcih was about 10months ago.

I just thought he'd be pushing for a start now, we've got realistically 5 players for 3 positions and 1 of them (Hazard) is banker to start, so thats 4 guys for 2 positions.

Right now Oscar and Willian are ahead of Schurrle and all 3 are well ahead of Salah, IMO. Hes only young but he has to improve on a few aspects of his game or else he'll end up like Marko Marin, remember him?

If he turned into half of the player it seemed he would during his early Bremen days then Salah would've been gone long ago, if ever signed at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Nice to see Costa back in full training , I F*cking hate QPR

• Advertisement

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    If he turned into half of the player it seemed he would during his early Bremen days then Salah would've been gone long ago, if ever signed at all.

Same can be said for Moses, although he scored a few goals when we won the Europa League.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    Nice to see Costa back in full training , I F*cking hate QPR

Ya, I'm hoping for another few Cesc assists and Costa goals for this weekend, put huge pressure on City as they'll be 9 points behind us before the play Utd on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can't wait to see him in action this weekend.

16417_10152909477997259_5451823284777563859_n.jpg?oh=d78c4fc658de7d5ee0ace779990d2d1d&oe=54F149EE&__gda__=1425213753_c47d09ae8eb56540f41960041dc26df0

925554_371871959637811_1921788235_n.jpg

Johner wrote: »
    Can't wait to see him in action this weekend.

16417_10152909477997259_5451823284777563859_n.jpg?oh=d78c4fc658de7d5ee0ace779990d2d1d&oe=54F149EE&__gda__=1425213753_c47d09ae8eb56540f41960041dc26df0

925554_371871959637811_1921788235_n.jpg

Man crush

I need Costa to start scoring again so I can get a few more free bets off PP :D

So 9 goals from 7 games is pretty great, considering hes missed the last 2 EPL games, he can make it double figures after 8 EPL games and you'd be foolish to count him out getting a goal on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Will Costa start Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Will Costa start Saturday.
    Thats the million dollar question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yes, he will.

I'm 100% sure he'll start and score too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Feels like forever since he last played :)

Is the press conference today at 12.30 or 3.30?

everyones must hated pundit is back and surprise surprise hes getting the knives out again.
    It has been funny to see Chelsea almost position themselves as victims. Yes, John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic were put in a couple of headlocks at Old Trafford. But are those two innocent of grabbing people in the area? Do me a favour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2813251/JAMIE-REDKNAPP-Chelsea-victims-grabbing-area-favour-team-does-s-referees-make-stand.html

Its times like these I love the fact we won the Champs League and his old fellow got the sack from Spurs after finishing in 4th, f**k him.
    Also, its brilliant that we denied Liverpool a league, another f**k you to Redknapp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Rednapp failed footballer useless critic, what has he won as a player one league cup medal. Neville is a decent pundit at least he has been there done that Rednapp is a poser no more really.

Yeah but those dreamy dreamy tight trousers he wears..... One way to stop ya having any more kids

Well his wife is hot, thats about the only good thing hes got going for himself, oh and a cushy job at Sky even though hes a terrible pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Is the press conference today at 12.30 or 3.30?

Web site suggests 12:30

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Is Diego Costa expected to play on the weekend peeps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

james123 wrote: »

No apparently he ate some gluten and he's recovering in hospital.

james123 wrote: »

Well Joses press conference is scheduled for 12.20 that should give everyone a definite answer but I'd be very surprised if he doesnt start.

Remy and Mikel out of Saturday, Ramires and Costa back.

Costa needs special care.

Jose wont stop players leaving for international duty.

On Drogba : Me, Roman, the board, himself, all decided that he should come back.

Drogba can show his importance by being there when the team need him as they did in the past week.

Remy expected back after the international break.

I know what to expect from QPR, it will be difficult.

Its my 1st time playing against QPR, London is special because of the number of derbies, makes it unique.

Will Cesc be played? He's on four yellows, one away from a suspension. If he picks one up against QPR he's suspended for the Liverpool match

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Remy and Mikel out of Saturday, Ramires and Costa back.

Costa needs special care.

Jose wont stop players leaving for international duty.

On Drogba : Me, Roman, the board, himself, all decided that he should come back.

Drogba can show his importance by being there when the team need him as they did in the past week.

Remy expected back after the international break.

I know what to expect from QPR, it will be difficult.

Its my 1st time playing against QPR, London is special because of the number of derbies, makes it unique.

Well he is the special one after all so Im sure costa will be fine

• Advertisement

Will Cesc be played? He's on four yellows, one away from a suspension. If he picks one up against QPR he's suspended for the Liverpool match

I hope he is, stay out of tackles, track runners and he should be ok, if not then Ramires can come in and do a job in his abesnce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Cesc will definitely play, he's the key to beating the smaller teams that we were missing last year IMO. But if we're cruising after 60/70 minutes I'd definitely take him off.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That rule has been turned into a farce with the cautions that are issued these days for the smallest things with no appeal procedure.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cesc will definitely play, he's the key to beating the smaller teams that we were missing last year IMO. But if we're cruising after 60/70 minutes I'd definitely take him off.

I think Cesc can avoid a few bookings if hes clever, QPR will look to press as soon as we get over the half way line and spring counters thats where he'll be caught, if hes caught.
    That rule has been turned into a farce with the cautions that are issued these days for the smallest things with no appeal procedure.

Ya, sure Costa has at least 2 yellows that were soft as f**k and one is for diving when he was caught be the Burnley keeper.

Hopefully Hazard continues his good form and gets onthe score sheet from open play, same for Costa, would love Willian and Oscar to chip in as well.

team Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

subs Cech, Zouma, Ake, Ramires, Salah, Schurrle, Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That team is as good as it gets.

Liverpool losing another opportunity to points on the board againsy a rival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That team is as good as it gets.

I like Azpilicueta myself.

• Advertisement

Poor first 20mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Great finish by Oscar.

Thats one of the best finishes youre likely to see all season, another Cesc assist.

Man is a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

goal of the month or season. Oscar !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

A sublime goal by, imo, an extremely underrated player. Oscar has been buzzing with intent throughout, his finish was exquisite. Fabregas the provider, the most lethal supplier in football. All in all an enjoyable half, the standard of football that we are achieving is such a high level.

Our pressing is superb, we am seen to be able to take the ball off QPR at will.

• Advertisement

I like Azpilicueta myself.

Luis is far better going forward. I'd like to see Dave on the right for a while.

We need another goal or two before I'm happy.

QPR should push for a goal from the off so that will allow us space so hopefully we pick up another one or two more on the counter.

Our first half performance deserves more than a 1-0 lead even if we didn't cut that many clear cut chances.
    Dunne doing well against costa so far.

Ref giving us feck all

We need a 2nd

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement