Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

duckman!! wrote: »
    What mourinho said about the chelsea fans today!!

No different from virtually all soul-less premier league grounds. Palace and Stoke maybe exceptions to the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

No different from virtually all soul-less premier league grounds. Palace and Stoke maybe exceptions to the rule.

Fair point that often said of the like of Twickers and Aviva as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Cahill hasn't been playing great the past few games.
    Might be a bit harsh but i don't think Courtois has done much to stick out so far. I know he got MoM at Old Trafford but i'd expect Cech to make the same saves and be coming for those crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Might be a bit harsh but i don't think Courtois has done much to stick out so far. I know he got MoM at Old Trafford but i'd expect Cech to make the same saves and be coming for those crosses.

The cahill situation is interesting we can easily play zouma or ivan in his place, we have the squad to do it.

I cant think of any goals i can blame courtois for this year but i do think hes lot more stable under any pressure and very decisive in his decision making than Cech.

Id take a 2-1 win every game of the season too, clean sheets are over rated :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sheepy99 wrote: »

He's far more dominating come for crosses IMO.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's far more dominating come for crosses IMO.

Somebody nearly lobbed him with a header at Old Trafford that a smaller or less agile keeper doesnt get to.

I think the problem with Courtois is that he makes everything look so easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He looks particularly sleepy too, all of the time.

he looks like a man that likes a good sleep.

3 clean sheets from 10 games so far. If he keeps that rate up he'll finish with over 10 this year, not great really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I think it's more down to some frailty from defenders rather than Courtois, regarding the numbers of clean sheets.

A goalkeeper is only as good as the defence in front of him, in fairness.

I think Courtois is a brilliant 'keeper... but I still longingly look at Big Pete on the bench and think of all the times he's pulled the chestnuts out of the fire and there's a twinge.

DazMarz wrote: »
    I think it's more down to some frailty from defenders rather than Courtois, regarding the numbers of clean sheets.

A goalkeeper is only as good as the defence in front of him, in fairness.

I think Courtois is a brilliant 'keeper... but I still longingly look at Big Pete on the bench and think of all the times he's pulled the chestnuts out of the fire and there's a twinge.

Everyone loved big Pete but this year, the attacking flair is helping hugely to keep the issues at the back are only minor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Good work Chelsea . I never doubted ye for a second.

Ill be shouting for Utd 2mw anyway, although a draw isnt that bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ill be shouting for Utd 2mw anyway, although a draw isnt that bad either.

I'm a bit of an abu, so i don't know what i want tomorrow :pac:

Yeah, tomorrow is a bit... hmmmmmm. From a purely tactical point of view, I want to see United win. The more points City drop, the better for Chelsea.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Good work Chelsea . I never doubted ye for a second.

Come on, now... :rolleyes:

Well we've done our bit and as long as we continue doing that we wont be caught.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fair point that often said of the like of Twickers and Aviva as well

*Lansdowne. But yeah, the atmosphere there is rubbish since they made it into a bed pan. Only time I've seen the atmosphere pick up is when Ireland played New Zealand in the egg chasing. Bloody amazing atmosphere for the whole game.

SB is not the worst but the crowd don't sing when the win is a supposedly foregone conclusion. Yesterday, I could only really hear the QPR fans. Ah well, let them have their moments. They won't get much else this season.

I have to say, I watch MOTD last night and lolled when 'Arry said it was never a pen. So I rewound it and lolled again a few times. Lol.

The ex-ref, Mark Halsey said the same thing. Dont know what they were watching, hazard travelling at full tilt gets shoved over in the box, clear as day penalty.

Considering we could have had 1 a few mins before hand when Hazard got up ended as well, they even themselves out and thats before we mention the Utd game.

I love his technique

1414888208830_wps_89_Chelsea_s_Belgium_midfiel.jpg

• Advertisement

'arry said it was shoulder to shoulder

1414888239478_wps_90_Football_Chelsea_v_Queens.jpg

Looks like shoulder to middle of the back to me 'Arry

I love this stat
    Cesc Fabregas now has as many assists this season as Mesut Ozil managed during the whole of last season

:D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Wouldn't pay a blind bit of notice to anything a ref or former ref has to say about it. The EPL must have a recruitment policy that means only the most partisan of people can take part. Absolute joke of a league from that perspective.

13pts from 10games and spending 150 odd million.

Jaysus thats a terrible start in fairness considering the teams they had to play in the first half a dozen games.

13pts from 10games and spending 150 odd million.

Jaysus thats a terrible start in fairness considering the teams they had to play in the first half a dozen games.

They are getting better there is no denying that. Tbh, City looked awful for large spells, not the same team that won the league last season, or even the one that won it under Mancini. Yaya is still well and truly capable of moments of magic but he doesn't have the same engine. Aguero is the player who keeps winning them points, he's a magical player.

Lukker- wrote: »
    They are getting better there is no denying that. Tbh, City looked awful for large spells, not the same team that won the league last season, or even the one that won it under Mancini. Yaya is still well and truly capable of moments of magic but he doesn't have the same engine. Aguero is the player who keeps winning them points, he's a magical player.

Utd will finish top 4 but that squad should have many more points after spending that much money.

Anyway it doesnt influence where we are in the league so its all good. :)

Typical that United wouldn't get a 94th minute equliser this week.......

DazMarz wrote: »
    Typical that United wouldn't get a 94th minute equliser this week.......

Ya and the back line lost two of their senior cbs too. Ah well weve a 13 point cushion over them and 6 to City.

We're doing ok.

The ex-ref, Mark Halsey said the same thing. Dont know what they were watching, hazard travelling at full tilt gets shoved over in the box, clear as day penalty.

Considering we could have had 1 a few mins before hand when Hazard got up ended as well, they even themselves out and thats before we mention the Utd game.

Sensationalist gibberish from Halsey, he later corrected his tweet to say never a pen "through the eyes of a QPR supporter", didn't need to be an ex ref to have a biased view of an incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Looking at today's derby, I don't know if Jose was ever serious about Rooney, but we sure dodged a bullet not signing him. He's really off premiership pace and Utd are carrying him. Fellaini is also a brainless duckhead. For all that, Utd have some kind of shape now, and if they can get a decent run together, fourth has to be a realistic goal for them.

Utd will get 4th IMO. Itll be us arsenal city and utd if i was guessing.

Utd will eventually get their house in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

McDave wrote: »
    Looking at today's derby, I don't know if Jose was ever serious about Rooney, but we sure dodged a bullet not signing him. He's really off premiership pace and Utd are carrying him. Fellaini is also a brainless duckhead. For all that, Utd have some kind of shape now, and if they can get a decent run together, fourth has to be a realistic goal for them.

I don't know about that, he's not playing in his natural position. I think he'd absolutely destroy the league up front for us with the service he would get. We would have won the league last year with Rooney, delighted with Costa though.

Utd will get 4th IMO. Itll be us arsenal city and utd if i was guessing.

Utd will eventually get their house in order.

Yep that would be my guess for the top 4 as well. City really need to improve to challenge us I think, they have been poor so far.

Arsenal will be there too. Theyre getting players back fit and theyre ahead of Utd and Liverpool.

City havent played well but are still only 6pts away thats not bad for them really.

Arsenal will be there too. Theyre getting players back fit and theyre ahead of Utd and Liverpool.

City havent played well but are still only 6pts away thats not bad for them really.

They have also only had one real tough away game at Arsenal, all the other games against the top teams have been at home for City.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    They have also only had one real tough away game at Arsenal, all the other games against the top teams have been at home for City.

Ya, im not going say we'll run away with the league but we're in a good position right now with a better squad than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I don't know about that, he's not playing in his natural position. I think he'd absolutely destroy the league up front for us with the service he would get. We would have won the league last year with Rooney, delighted with Costa though.
    There's a reason he's not leading the line. He's not in top condition and slightly off the pace. I don't think he's got the right mentality either.

Costa was definitely worth waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Sanchez has been a top signing for the gunners and he's the one to drag them into the top 4 this year with there early injures and Ozil's **** attitude regardless of injury.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Sanchez has been a top signing for the gunners and he's the not to drag them into the top 4 this year with there early in jury's and Ozil's **** attitude regardless of injury.

I reckon Arsenal will be fighting it out with us and city for awhile anyway.

Well according to Thomson on Newstalk we always fade away in the second half of the season and TSHO is starting to show signs of concern.

So thats us finished then the oracle has spoken..................

Thinks we are the best of a poor lot though.......................

Running with the hare and hunting with the hounds sounds like to me that.

Top 4 finishing will be (in order)

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    City
    United

• Advertisement

I think you've got the top 4 right but the order could change from 4th up, IMO.

I'd probably go

1st - Chelsea or City
    2nd - Chelsea or City
    3rd - Arsenal
    4th - Utd, to edge out Liverpool and stay there.

I reckon Arsenal will be fighting it out with us and city for awhile anyway.

What ? for the title ??

Arsenal ??

what you been smoking ? can I have some ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well according to Thomson on Newstalk we always fade away in the second half of the season and TSHO is starting to show signs of concern.

So thats us finished then the oracle has spoken..................

Thinks we are the best of a poor lot though.......................

Running with the hare and hunting with the hounds sounds like to me that.

Top 4 finishing will be (in order)

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    City
    United

He's an idiot! He also said that Hazard ran into that defender to win the penalty.

Spanner

the_monkey wrote: »
    What ? for the title ??

Arsenal ??

what you been smoking ? can I have some ?

This Arsenal team isnt a million miles away and are every bit as capable of going on a title challenge type run, sure they managed it last year for a few months, then we did, then Liverpool and City were chipping away in the background.

Theres very little the seperates the top teams in this division, in most cases its individuals having great runs of form or a team performing consistently, or sometimes both.

It'll be close again this year and if whoever wins it will probably do so by about 6 points, max.

Arsenal need to proove themselves in big games v big teams something they haven't done in years.

Arsenals defence is a little iffy but they have very capable forward players IF they get it together. Ozil has had a poor season thus far but Schurrle has not been great neither - a case of after the Lord Mayors show perhaps? But Sanchez looks good and if Sanchez, Ozil & Ramsey get it together they will be a threat to any team.

Dont see them winning it but second is not beyond them

Arsenal are more of a threat than Utd and Liverpool right now, IMO.

Theyve a better balance in their squad than both of those and a better manager too, IMO.

Now, will they win the league, of course they can but they'll need others to slip up and to go on a mighty run.

Ifd we can get out of Maribor with 3 points and no injuries on Wednesday night, we've an early k/o in Anfield to deal with, now, remember the last time we had an early k/o at Anfield after an away trip in Europe?

I'll take another one of those victories on Saturday please.

It's a good time to be playing Liverpool, when is Sturridge back?

It's a good time to be playing Liverpool, when is Sturridge back?

I think hes travelled with the squad to Madrid this morning, not that he'll be ready to play.

He might play against us but he wont be near fit and also, given that he broke down afetr coming back from his last lay off they mightnt throw him into the deep end.

Remains to be seen throughout the week though, I hope we rest Costa for Maribor and play Drogba, keep Costa 100% for Anfield.

I'm not certain but I think Sturridge is out until after the international break.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement