Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

Is Remy injured? Anyone know how long for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

tigger123 wrote: »
    Is Remy injured? Anyone know how long for?

Intrernational break should see him return to the team.

Arsenals defence is a little iffy but they have very capable forward players IF they get it together. Ozil has had a poor season thus far but Schurrle has not been great neither - a case of after the Lord Mayors show perhaps? But Sanchez looks good and if Sanchez, Ozil & Ramsey get it together they will be a threat to any team.

Dont see them winning it but second is not beyond them

Just on this, some of the Germans are playing very well, and some are under performing, its a weird one.

Certainly, Schurrle and Ozil are in the under performing camps right now but both will turn it around.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

John Terry shows yet again why he is the most universally loved EPL player: http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/john-terry-responds-to-disgruntled-chelsea-fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

John Terry shows yet again why he is the most universally loved EPL player: http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/john-terry-responds-to-disgruntled-chelsea-fan

I really don't get the general hate for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He also got a shirt signed by players and management sent to a kid who was asking for a birthday shout-out this week on instagram.

The general idea of him from people who know him around the club, is that he's genuinely a good man, he's always the first to help academy players settle in, make new players feel welcome and always goes the extra mile for the fans.

Lamps is apparently going to sign for City for the season, on £190k a week :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lukker- wrote: »

How'd he get out of his exsisting contract?

duploelabs wrote: »

Because NYC Football club is essentially owned by Man City, he'll still be going there once the season is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

duploelabs wrote: »

City own the New York City club so would imagine not too hard, you never know Wenger may have been right could have been a ruse all along to try and get around FFP

Because NYC Football club is essentially owned by Man City, he'll still be going there once the season is over.

Oops had not seen your reply

Is Pellegrini mad or is it the board?

190K a week for Lampard? Christ :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

327169.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I'm a bit of an abu, so i don't know what i want tomorrow :pac:

I'm more inclined to go with the main rival for titles. Could just be the fact that United have fallen away so much recently.

Either way i'm more of an abc these days :P

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Is Pellegrini mad or is it the board?

190K a week for Lampard? Christ :pac:

They were supposed to drop their annual salary figures according to FFP sanction not certain how that helps there. I doubt he was on that at Chelsea no wonder he left.

They were supposed to drop their annual salary figures according to FFP sanction not certain how that helps there. I doubt he was on that at Chelsea no wonder he left.

In his last year I think he was on between 125-150K.

Big money but if NYC are offering similar wages and we dropped ours, which I assume what happened, its a no brainer what you're going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Despite the understandable early season confidence I can see that lead being wiped out, or reduced to one or two by 3 weeks time.
    Whatever happens during the week, I expect Liverpool to bring their 'A' game to Saturday's game. They might have fallen away going by early season form but they're definitely still more than good enough for a one-off game such as that. Once one defeat happens, another or a series of draws will follow. All it takes is one.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Despite the understandable early season confidence I can see that lead being wiped out, or reduced to one or two by 3 weeks time.
    Whatever happens during the week, I expect Liverpool to bring their 'A' game to Saturday's game. They might have fallen away going by early season form but they're definitely still more than good enough for a one-off game such as that. Once one defeat happens, another or a series of draws will follow. All it takes is one.

Its all about how we respond.

We could easily lose this weekend, its all about how we do in the next game, which is 2weeks later at home to WBA, the international break could be bad for us but hopefully not.

Paddy van Aanholt has an assist tonight and hes playing ok too.

• Advertisement

And it just looks like hes done his shoulder too

One thing that annoys me about Stamford Bridge is away fans in the shed.

0,,10268~11487227,00.gif

shows the current seating plan, the away fans used to be in the section in the East stand until Jose advised it should eb a family section and away fans were moved sideways into the shed.

TBh they should be moved back there and give the shed back to the fans it will make the atmosphere better a the Harding and Shed sing at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Paddy van Aanholt has an assist tonight and hes playing ok too.

the curse of my FF strikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Johner wrote: »
    I don't know about that, he's not playing in his natural position. I think he'd absolutely destroy the league up front for us with the service he would get. We would have won the league last year with Rooney, delighted with Costa though.
    Reading your post again, you're probably right about Rooney helping deliver the league last year. But on the other hand at massive cost and wages better spent elsewhere. Wayne would have been a very expensive holdover who would have been a FFP headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

One thing that annoys me about Stamford Bridge is away fans in the shed.

0,,10268~11487227,00.gif

shows the current seating plan, the away fans used to be in the section in the East stand until Jose advised it should eb a family section and away fans were moved sideways into the shed.

TBh they should be moved back there and give the shed back to the fans it will make the atmosphere better a the Harding and Shed sing at each other.

I disagree with you on that one, the shed upper is my prefered section to sit at the bridge and to have the away fans stuck over in that corner and it is only a corner only adds to the excitement for me.
    You get plenty of banter going back and forth throughout the game, it's not either the shed or the Mathew Harding that let the home fans down IMO, have you ever sat in the west?
    I've never sat in the east because after sitting in the west I decided it was MH or shed for me because in the west there is no atmosphere at all, ocasionally someone will try to get a chant going and people will look funny at them.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I disagree with you on that one, the shed upper is my prefered section to sit at the bridge and to have the away fans stuck over in that corner and it is only a corner only adds to the excitement for me.
    You get plenty of banter going back and forth throughout the game, it's not either the shed or the Mathew Harding that let the home fans down IMO, have you ever sat in the west?
    I've never sat in the east because after sitting in the west I decided it was MH or shed for me because in the west there is no atmosphere at all, ocasionally someone will try to get a chant going and people will look funny at them.

The east stand is a bit better than the west, tend to sing more at least. I was talking to a season ticket holder in his 60's from Fulham and he thinks for some fans, it's part of the culture, they prefer in his words to sit and enjoy the match. The problem is a good portion of the fans are an older demographic as younger people are priced out. It's a shame really because you have the MH and the shed-end which create a decent atmosphere at each end, but there's just a vast ocean of silence in between. It'd be nice to see some safe standing sections, singing sections and under 22 sections in the east and west stand to revitalize them.

As someone pointed out tonight at the Palace game.

They allow the fans to stand if the want, the stwards dont discourage it.

Palces policy is, we provide the seat, you can use it or stand.

I dont like Palace but thats a great way to have really as long as every one in the section knows that you'll be singing and chanting for 90mins then its grand.

Its like Irish games, apart from the singing section behind the goal, the Aviva is pretty soulless, if the club wanted to say to fans in the shed MH, stand if you want, theyed be a great atmosphere, away fans are always more banter than the home fans, up and down the country and across the globe in general.

And yes, the west stand is worse than the East stand, in the east stand at least ig youre close to the away fans and the shed you'll get a bit of banter going and might get the odd song too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As someone pointed out tonight at the Palace game.

They allow the fans to stand if the want, the stwards dont discourage it.

Palces policy is, we provide the seat, you can use it or stand.

I dont like Palace but thats a great way to have really as long as every one in the section knows that you'll be singing and chanting for 90mins then its grand.

Its like Irish games, apart from the singing section behind the goal, the Aviva is pretty soulless, if the club wanted to say to fans in the shed MH, stand if you want, theyed be a great atmosphere, away fans are always more banter than the home fans, up and down the country and across the globe in general.

Took in a Palace game before Chelsea played in Champions League maybe 2 years ago and persistent standing is not allowed.

On the flipside of that I stood for most of the our Maribor game recently as MH section I was in did and was never motioned to sit throughout.

Have to agree on West Stand worst section I was in, was West nearest shed people kinda vaguely suggested to others havin' banter they be in the Shed pretty much, if a singing section is what they suggest the West Stand should be where they put it . Always in MH lower but will be in Shed lower for first time for WBA.

If they want noise at a match bring back terraces, in Germany I would suggest that is where most of the noise comes from in Bundesliga matches. There is nothing unsafe about terraces, there is unsatisfactory policing and ticketing policies that make them unsafe.

In Germany you can bring your beer into the stadium and sip away whilst you watch the match so they actually treat adults as adults, I do love going to Bundesliga games they are great craic even if the footie outside of Munich really is not up to much. UK like Ireland way too much into the nanny state thing.

• Advertisement

Ha ha the "journalists" at Metro really are pathetic. They claim Atletico still have not received the full fee for Costa and that Atletico were ripped off.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/04/chelseas-diego-costa-labelled-weak-for-blues-move-by-atletico-madrid-chief-who-reveals-spaniards-were-ripped-off-4933929/?

Obviously forgot that Atletico only owned 50% of his registration therefore only got 50% of the transfer fee, fools.

If they want noise at a match bring back terraces, in Germany I would suggest that is where most of the noise comes from in Bundesliga matches. There is nothing unsafe about terraces, there is unsatisfactory policing and ticketing policies that make them unsafe.

In Germany you can bring your beer into the stadium and sip away whilst you watch the match so they actually treat adults as adults, I do love going to Bundesliga games they are great craic even if the footie outside of Munich really is not up to much. UK like Ireland way too much into the nanny state thing.

Safe standing should make a come back IMO, especaily in England, yes theyve had a few very tragic and notable incidents but football, policing and stewarding has moved on a lot since those days.

As you pointed out, its working elsewhere and if done correctly it can work in the EPL again.

This is an interesting take on the league table from WAGNH, shows us and City to be a little closer than the real table suggests only 2 points clear of them. Working on a principle the league winning side should beat the bottom 10 teams home and away, a win and a draw against the next 4 and a draw home and away against the top 6.

Chelsea +4pts
    Man City +2pts
    Arsenal -3pts
    Tottenham -8pts
    Liverpool -12pts
    Man U -13pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Official PFA Fans Association have voted John Terry as the best Captain the Premier League has ever seen

This is an interesting take on the league table from WAGNH, shows us and City to be a little closer than the real table suggests only 2 points clear of them. Working on a principle the league winning side should beat the bottom 10 teams home and away, a win and a draw against the next 4 and a draw home and away against the top 6.

Chelsea +4pts
    Man City +2pts
    Arsenal -3pts
    Tottenham -8pts
    Liverpool -12pts
    Man U -13pts

Those tables are interesting but never reliable, I didnt think City would drop so many points this early on and I didnt think we'd have 26.

Our next 10 games :

Liverpool - a
    WBA - h
    Sunderland - a
    Spurs - h
    Hull - h
    Stoke - a
    West Ham - h
    Soutjampton - a
    Spurs - a
    Newcastle - h

Citys next 10 are as follows :

QPR- a
    swansea - h
    Southampton - a
    Sunderland - a
    Everton - h
    Leicester - a
    WBA - a
    Burnely - h
    Sunderland - h
    Everton - a

In reality our next 10 is tougher than theres so if we can maintain a lead over City until we play them, which falls just after these run of games, I'll be happy.

Theres 33 points to play for before we play City if we average what we're getting now, it will see us still top of the league.

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Official PFA Fans Association have voted John Terry as the best Captain the Premier League has ever seen

Thats a weird one :confused: Still though, I think if I was picking one he'd be up there with the best no doubt.

Thank Christ Mikel is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

to play costa or not ? drogba has 3 in the last 4 games

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    to play costa or not ? drogba has 3 in the last 4 games

I'd nearly start costa and give him some game time ahead of the Liverpool game but take him off after about an hour as the job should be done by then and hopefully he'll have a goal or two.

No Costa for me we put Maribor to the sword without him a few weeks back, pop him on the bench and let him run around for 20 minutes or so if TSHO thinks he needs a bit of match fitness or if we need a goal. Other than that let the Drog have his head or give Schurrle a chance to get into the groove.

For me

Petr,
    Dave, Cahill, Zouma, Luis
    Matic, Cesc
    Ram, Oscar, Haz
    Drog

Courtois, Ake, JT, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, Solanke / Costa

I'd give Costa an hour at least, he looks like he needs a bit of match fitness.

We'll id like Costga to get a goal, I miss him scoring :pac:

He needs one or two before he adds to it at the weekend. :)

Yeah, I'd be with Gav on this, Costa has to start at least and net a couple.

Plus, if he's fit he'll have to be physically tied to the bench to keep him off the pitch.

We missed Costa big time against United, with him Cesc and Hazard against Liverpool on Saturday we can win handy enough. If the Liverpool game was a Sunday I would say yea give him an hour but the early kick off on Saturday no not for me. Cant see the point of putting him under pressure, Maribor should not be a problem. Liverpool at home after the events of last season I think it is fair to say they will be up for it, and I would not be in the least surprised to see Studge start so balance your inputs. Drogba or Schurrle should see Maribor off, if not we do have problems.

• Advertisement

Its a weird one, Costa should be fit enough to play 1 & 1/2 games in 4 days but I'd have no problem starting with Drogba either.

Maribor at home was like a training match, they'll be up for it in Slovenia but we should have enough to win by 2 or 3 goals, more if we really want to up the GD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Is start costa and give him an hour or so, it was hard to tell at the weekend wether dunne had a massive game to contain him or costa wasn't match fit and that flattered him a bit.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Is start costa and give him an hour or so, it was hard to tell at the weekend wether dunne had a massive game to contain him or costa wasn't match fit and that flattered him a bit.
    In fairness, I thought Dunne did a stellar job sticking to him. His experience got the better of Costa for the most part. It's just his pace that let him down and let Costa through a couple of times.

Costa himself seemed a little bit tamer than he was prior to his injury. I'd say whatever virus he had sapped the energy out of him and that was still showing.

Even if he just played the first half tonight, that'd be grand. I think it would mean a lot for his confidence to net tonight ahead of Saturday in Anfield.

In fairness, I thought Dunne did a stellar job sticking to him. His experience got the better of Costa for the most part. It's just his pace that let him down and let Costa through a couple of times.

Costa himself seemed a little bit tamer than he was prior to his injury. I'd say whatever virus he had sapped the energy out of him and that was still showing.

Even if he just played the first half tonight, that'd be grand. I think it would mean a lot for his confidence to net tonight ahead of Saturday in Anfield.

Games on tomorow :pac:

But agree with the rest of it, Dunne played well enough, he was turned a few times but his last ditch tackles and blocks made up for it.

A good 60-65mins run around would do Costa the world of good, I think anyway. Its good to play a bit before such a big game on Sunday.

Games on tomorow :pac:

I keep thinking today's Wednesday. Long week already!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement