Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Lukaku wants out, who do we want as our 2nd choice CF?

Mandzukic would be a great option but I doubt he'll come here to sit on the bench. I'd obviously prefer Lukaku but wouldn't say no to Costa and Mandzukic coming in with Costa first choice striker and Mandzukic second choice. I think either would suit are style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Mandzukic would be a great option but I doubt he'll come here to sit on the bench. I'd obviously prefer Lukaku but wouldn't say no to Costa and Mandzukic coming in with Costa first choice striker and Mandzukic second choice. I think either would suit are style of play.

Ya, if Mandzukic doesnt want to be 2nd fiddle to Lewandoski I'd be very surprised if he'd come to London to slug it out with Costa/Lukaku for a starting place.

I know theres a report saying Torres wants to stay regardless with Chelsea and see out his contract, which has 2 years left on it but it remains to be seen.

If he was 3rd choice I'd have no real issue as Lukaku and hopefulyl Costa will be scoring enough that torres is only a cup player/last resort.
    peteeeed wrote: »

Manage England, he must be mad. :eek:

He's said he wanted to manage England but his wife talked him out of it and that one day he wants to manage Portugal in a major competition.

Main thing about the clubs idea about an expansion.
    Could a 60,000 new-build stadium be delivered at Stamford Bridge?

The architect and other consultants were asked to look at a complete new build at Stamford Bridge.

The architect reviewed many possible shapes for the stadium and advised that an elliptical-shaped stadium would be the most efficient stadium design on the Stamford Bridge site. He therefore took a stadium design similar to the Emirates, and, allowing for the regulation-required 15 metre concourse all the way around the stadium, concluded that such a stadium could not fit on the current Stamford Bridge site.

However, it could just fit on the area bounded by the railway lines and the Fulham Road, although decking would be required over the railway lines both for stadium construction and for emergency and normal ingress/egress and the concourse would come right up to the edge of the Fulham Road, necessitating the acquisition and demolition of nearly all of the homes and other buildings along this frontage of the Fulham Road.

In addition the club would need to acquire significant additional land, including homes, offices and the Oswald Stoll property, as well as a number of homes whose rights of light would be significantly affected by a new, larger stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Main thing about the clubs idea about an expansion.

That all sounds mighty expensive. Good thing stadium costs are exempt from ffp.

Stevie Gerrard he's done it again :)

Think they needed terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

and Cole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Suarez is some player. Back from an extended period of injury, making a really strong contribution. He's got some head on his shoulders. Puts all of our strikers to shame. Put Cavani in the shade.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That all sounds mighty expensive. Good thing stadium costs are exempt from ffp.

Full article. : http://www.chelseafc.com/fullwidth-article/article/2629432

Current site :

0,,10268~10554485,00.jpg

Current exits :

0,,10268~10554882,00.jpg

What is needed to met health & safety on current exits if they were to be built now :

0,,10268~10554884,00.jpg

Proposed exits for a 55K stadium :

0,,10268~10554922,00.jpg

Cost of the extra seats :
    0,,10268~10554490,00.jpg

Basically, its not viable from the article years ago but that can be taken as the club saying it costs to much, we have to move.

Now, they know we cant move so its only the existing site, considering the last 2 re-developments of Stamford Bridge were approved by a Labour council could be a good indication that we might work towards something to help the club, if they can afford it of course.

We'd have to move away for at least 2/3 years so I wouldnt expect anything to happen until at least 2025 if I was to stab at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Was shouting for Uruguay tonight but disappointed that Cahill had a hand in Suarez second goal.. should have been expecting the worst as they say and was caught out rightly by Suarez who was expecting!

Hes had a good season, although maybe a little shaky at times up til December, hes won me over since!

When was that costing drawn up Gav?
    But basically it'll cost approx £300 million to put in the extre seats , according to Wikipedia the Emirates cost 390 million rising to 470 with arsenalisation what ever the hell that means. Now obviously they had the old highbury redevelopment to offset some of those costs but I think if a stamford bridge redevelopment could be pulled off for less than £300 million it would be the best suloution for every one concerned, a greenfield build would cost much more especially when you consider the CPO most likely won't give up the free hold and most importantly as far as I'm concerned we will still have to get the tube to Fulham Broadway and stroll up the Fulham road to go to stamford bridge on match days. It also looks like any re development will be keeping the east stand intact which would be great as it's a pretty iconic Stand.

Was shouting for Uruguay tonight but disappointed that Cahill had a hand in Suarez second goal.. should have been expecting the worst as they say and was caught out rightly by Suarez who was expecting!

Hes had a good season, although maybe a little shaky at times up til December, hes won me over since!

think thats a bit harsh, they were playing suerez off then stevie G stepped up and headed him through

When was that costing drawn up Gav?
    But basically it'll cost approx £300 million to put in the extre seats , according to Wikipedia the Emirates cost 390 million rising to 470 with arsenalisation what ever the hell that means. Now obviously they had the old highbury redevelopment to offset some of those costs but I think if a stamford bridge redevelopment could be pulled off for less than £300 million it would be the best suloution for every one concerned, a greenfield build would cost much more especially when you consider the CPO most likely won't give up the free hold and most importantly as far as I'm concerned we will still have to get the tube to Fulham Broadway and stroll up the Fulham road to go to stamford bridge on match days. It also looks like any re development will be keeping the east stand intact which would be great as it's a pretty iconic Stand.

I think it was drawn up in 2011 around the time the club was trying to get the CPO to vote yes to move on the free holding.

It would be great if we could get the exits wider but we'd need to purchase expensive properities around the ground.

We'd also have to put a walk bridge over the NRL line and probably over the tube line to make sure we've enough exits for the increased fans.

How expensive would somewhere like Wembley be to rent for 36/54 games while SB is re-developed though?

peteeeed wrote: »
    think thats a bit harsh, they were playing suerez off then stevie G stepped up and headed him through

That was a terrible header from Gerrard but what would ya expect from him, hes not a DM at all.

That being said, onje of the CB's shoudl have been alove,both were caught out with it and Hart gave up so much of the goal it was comical.

I thought Cahill played ok, Jagielka isnt a great CB at all, looked nervy enough last night and made a few basic mistakes, including fluffing a clearance where the LM nearly scored from the inside edge of the box with a cannon of a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

That was a terrible header from Gerrard but what would ya expect from him, hes not a DM at all.

That being said, onje of the CB's shoudl have been alove,both were caught out with it and Hart gave up so much of the goal it was comical.

I thought Cahill played ok, Jagielka isnt a great CB at all, looked nervy enough last night and made a few basic mistakes, including fluffing a clearance where the LM nearly scored from the inside edge of the box with a cannon of a shot.

Watched the match on ITV then tuned into RTE to see what the panel had to say. Brady showing his true colours again by blaming Cahill when he was the only defender actually in his correct position.

That man is a disgrace and really should should be sacked.

Watched the match on ITV then tuned into RTE to see what the panel had to say. Brady showing his true colours again by blaming Cahill when he was the only defender actually in his correct position.

I watched it all on RTE and the general thought was England should have brought JT and Cole.

TBH, Cole would ahve been the better defensive FB and it showed as suarez snuck in unmarked behind Jagelika, Cole on the cover would have done better, hes just a naturally better player.

JT, well hes miles better than Jagelika and partnered Cahill as part of the best CB partnership in the league, it would have been a no brainer to bring him but it was never going to happen.

After the game, the panel balmed pretty much everyone for under performing in the England team and they were right.

Rooney missed 2 sitters and scored a tap in. Suarez had 3 chances, buried 2 and shanked another, it shows the gulf in class from a very good player like Rooney and a world class like Suarez.

Rooney was man marked to the hilt in fairness to him.
    I think Johnson was less than useless, I can't understand how he gets his game time. He thinks he's a winger. He hasn't got a FB brain at all from what I can see.
    Suarez's second was just sublime altogether.

Panthro wrote: »
    Rooney was man marked to the hilt in fairness to him.
    I think Johnson was less than useless, I can't understand how he gets his game time. He thinks he's a winger. He hasn't got a FB brain at all from what I can see.
    Suarez's second was just sublime altogether.

Give me a half fit Suarez over Rooney everyday of the week.

I mean he may not be the nicest person, with some of his on field antics but when hes not acting up, hes probably the 3rd best player on the planet.

The FB's have been terrible this tournament for England, Cole may not have played many of games but he should have been brought.

• Advertisement

The Mirror and Metro running with Ivanovic to Arsenal as Sagna and Vermalen both look to be gone from the Emirates.

I'd probably go for it, we've Kalas and Zouma both well able to cover CB/RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Mirror and Metro running with Ivanovic to Arsenal as Sagna and Vermalen both look to be gone from the Emirates.

I just hate the thought of strengthening our rivals though. I know we have cover for the position, but he is one of the best defenders in the Premier League!

AdMMM wrote: »
    I just hate the thought of strengthening our rivals though. I know we have cover for the position, but he is one of the best defenders in the Premier League!

Weirdly, he'd be the first guy in the back line I'd have sold, and that included Luiz and Cole.

AS long as we get in a good LB and move Azp to RB we'll be a better team, netter balanced too, IMO.

Ivan's solid enough I think but for the life of me I can't understand why he's allowed to roam forward as much as he has been.
    He can't cross to save his life. Azp on the other hand has pace and accuracy with his crosses and looks much more dangerous.
    I'd have him bomb forward and Ivan stay back with the 2 CB's, not the other way round.

Which is why I never understood why Ivan wasnt shifted to LB and leave Azp go roaming down the right.

Kalas in Cologne for the season

• Advertisement

Ivanovic pushes on more than Azpi just because hes on the right and would be crossing on his good foot id guess, if Azpi was right back he'd bomb on alot more I'd imagine!

Kalas in Cologne for the season

I was thinking Wallace and typed Kalas. :o
    Ivanovic pushes on more than Azpi just because hes on the right and would be crossing on his good foot id guess, if Azpi was right back he'd bomb on alot more I'd imagine!

Which makes sense to switch them so if thats the case.

Azp is much more comfortable going forward and a better defender on the ground, Ivan is stronger, of course, and better in the air but Azp is a miles better FB.

Lads whats yere view on Costa after watching him for Spain?

Im a bit worried we might be signing another flop :eek: but still have to trust Jose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Im a bit worried we might be signing another flop :eek: but still have to trust Jose....
    The Spanish system doesn't really suit him and I doubt he was 100% fit. He'll be fine under Jose!

I dont think hes fit enough yet.

Hes not quick, per se but during the WC he had the pace of 32+ year old.

I'd prefer if he got a nearly full pre-season after being announced after the Spanish go home and he'll be grand,

He looks a shadow of himself during the WC.

What I'm more worried about is whos going to be our 2nd and 3rd choice next season.

At the moment, for me its,

1) Lukaku
    2) Torres
    3) Ba

• Advertisement

I think he will be grand as others have said not really suited to the Spanish set up and not match fit.

I would buy that view if Ivan could cross :P

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

1 good season! I wouldn't sign him.

I would go for cavani, proven striker and would leave psg or falco I think he would leave Monaco.

I think he will be grand as others have said not really suited to the Spanish set up and not match fit.

Theres only so many flops ya can have isnt there? Thats what I'm telling myself.

Drogba - Massive Succes.
    Sheva - Flop, bought about 4 years to late.
    Kezman - Flop, never done it for us.
    Pizzaro - Flop, never given much of a chance.
    Torres - Flop, 1 in 5 average is terrible fro a CF.
    Sturridge - Ok, gone onto greater performances with game time.
    Anelka - Good servant to the club, axed by AVB wrongly IMO.
    Crespo - personal matters cost us the best of Crespo IMO.
    Kalou - Ok, couldnt rely on him butcould pop up with the odd goal.
    Mutu - Started very well, we know how it ended.
    Di Santo - Flop, never scores anywhere he goes.

There the CFs I can remember. 1 success and a few good to ok performers in Anelka, Crespo and Kalou.

1 good season! I wouldn't sign him.

I would go for cavani, proven striker and would leave psg or falco I think he would leave Monaco.

PSG have just handed us crazy money for Luiz, no need to go back and hand over even more than 50million for Cavani.

You've also got to factor in that this is Costas first proper season being the main man, Falcao over shadowed him for years and was playing second fiddle to him.

I'd prefer Cavani, if it was last season, right now given how much money it would cost to sign him and his wages, it doesnt ake much sense, even though I think hes a better player than Costa.

Wouldnt touch Falcao after his injury anyway.

Theres only so many flops ya can have isnt there? Thats what I'm telling myself.

Drogba - Massive Succes.
    Sheva - Flop, bought about 4 years to late.
    Kezman - Flop, never done it for us.
    Pizzaro - Flop, never given much of a chance.
    Torres - Flop, 1 in 5 average is terrible fro a CF.
    Sturridge - Ok, gone onto greater performances with game time.
    Anelka - Good servant to the club, axed by AVB wrongly IMO.
    Crespo - personal matters cost us the best of Crespo IMO.
    Kalou - Ok, couldnt rely on him butcould pop up with the odd goal.
    Mutu - Started very well, we know how it ended.
    Di Santo - Flop, never scores anywhere he goes.

There the CFs I can remember. 1 success and a few good to ok performers in Anelka, Crespo and Kalou.

Shocking success rate in signing strikers too... would I be right in saying 5 were signed by Jose? (Drogba, Kezman, Sheva, Pizzaro, Kalou)

Of them 5 the only ones you could say were successful were Drogba and Kalou... Pizzaro and Kezman were massive fails and Sheva wasnt too bad in fairness just didnt justify his price, and probably was a Roman signing not Jose... (I think he was better than Torres has been these past 3 years)

Can Jose make a real big striker out of Costa like he did with Drogba is the big question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I don't think it's an oversight by Jose, (his record with strikers) they're good players, but very few players he's bought have fit into his style of play. Drogba is the only one was equally able to do damage when his back was to go as well as running at the defence.

Shocking success rate in signing strikers too... would I be right in saying 5 were signed by Jose? (Drogba, Kezman, Sheva, Pizzaro, Kalou)

Of them 5 the only ones you could say were successful were Drogba and Kalou... Pizzaro and Kezman were massive fails and Sheva wasnt too bad in fairness just didnt justify his price, and probably was a Roman signing not Jose... (I think he was better than Torres has been these past 3 years)

Can Jose make a real big striker out of Costa like he did with Drogba is the big question

Drogba came on the back of an electric season with Marseille at a similar age to Costa, whos had a brilliant season with Atletico.

Lets hope its all relative. ;)

I don't think it's an oversight by Jose, (his record with strikers) they're good players, but very few players he's bought have fit into his style of play. Drogba is the only one was equally able to do damage when his back was to go as well as running at the defence.

We definitely need Lukaku back for when Costa is going to be injured. Expect him to pick up a few injuries TBH seems like that kind of player.... :(

If we get Lukaku, Couirtois and Costa into the squad this season we will be formidable, provided they play to the levels we seen of them the past 2 seasons. It cant be guaranteed that they will though in a new environment I suppose.

Eto'o and especially Milito helped Inter to a historic treble.

He was practically given Eto'o in the Ibra deal but he fitted Joses system and often payed wide of Milito when needed.

I wouldnt worry about Costa anyway, not on the back fo the 2 Spanish games.

He hasnt had a full 90mins in about 2months.

• Advertisement

Looks like Cahill will be getting home early too.

Looks like Cahill will be getting home early too.

England never had a chance but they usually came out of the group before going home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Lads whats the news on transfer front in Canada atm limited access to a pc any new signings?

Nothing new AFAIK. Fabregas signed, Costa as good as done. Linked with Felipe Luis

Phoenix wrote: »
    Lads whats the news on transfer front in Canada atm limited access to a pc any new signings?

Pogbas on the pitch 2mins and played a sweet ball to benzema fro France 4-0.

60million and weve the greatest CM possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Pogbas on the pitch 2mins and played a sweet ball to benzema fro France 4-0.

60million and weve the greatest CM possible.

He's definitely worth it. Best technical skill set of any midfielder that size. His dribbling ability and range of passing are fantastic. And he's only 21.

Pogba, Matic and Fabregas would be the best midfield 3 in Europe.

If Lukaku wants out and Juve are interested in him we should use him as a sweetener for Pogba.

He's definitely worth it. Best technical skill set of any midfielder that size. His dribbling ability and range of passing are fantastic. And he's only 21.

Pogba, Matic and Fabregas would be the best midfield 3 in Europe.

If Lukaku wants out and Juve are interested in him we should use him as a sweetener for Pogba.

With llorente and tevez theyre doing for cfs but i like the idea.....throw in ramires too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Used to really respect Brady for his experience and knowledge. But in recent years his obvious bias against Chelsea has brought him way down in my estimation.

His bias also seems to be tinged with bitterness, probably coloured by the way in which Chelsea have eclipsed Arsenal in the premiership era.

18million for another 29 year old?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/21/chelsea-finally-open-negotiations-with-psg-over-ezequiel-lavezzi-transfer-4770475/

Metro usually speaks bo**ocks, I'm hoping they're wide of the mark with this one.

• Advertisement

terry already taking inspiration from costa

http://instagram.com/p/pdYtf7ig_H/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement