Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its brilliant, considering that we would have already played Everton, City, United and Liverpool away.

Only Arsenal and Spurs away, of the traditional top teams left to play.

Arsenal is as far away as April.

Having all these teams coming to the Bridge over the next few months builds a huge challenge but a place we know we can get maximum points.

We've drew with City and Utd away, I really hope we beat a rival away this weekend. it would be a great way to go into the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

GavRedKing wrote: »

Having all these teams coming to the Bridge over the next few months builds a huge challenge but a place we know we can get maximum points.

We've drew with City and Utd away, I really hope we beat a rival away this weekend. it would be a great way to go into the international break.
    With Costa fit, Remy is fit, we should be as strong as we will ever be (barr some bench injuries).
    Time to man up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yeah and isnt Spurs away at the start of December?

Yeah and isnt Spurs away at the start of December?

Ya, its soon enough.

We've got Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal away all in April, early May I think.

Ya, its soon enough.

We've got Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal away all in April, early May I think.

Would need a 4+ point lead going into that run of fixtures to be feeling safe. Its also (hopefully) going to give us a big fixture pile-up with Champions League and FA Cup.

Just some stats.

Last year after 11 games our record was as follows

Position - 4th
    Played - 11
    Won - 6
    Drawn - 3
    Lost - 2
    GF - 18
    GA - 10
    GD - 8
    Pts 21

This year we've got the following going into game 11

Position - 1st
    Played - 10
    Won - 8
    Drawn - 2
    Lost - 0
    GF - 26
    GA - 10
    GD - 16
    Pts 26

If we win tomorrow we'll be 8 points up on where we were last year

So we've got 8 more goals in 1 less game
    Same amount left in in one less game
    5 less points

So far its looking good, and could and probably should be better.

So we've got 8 more goals in 1 less game
    Same amount left in in one less game
    5 less points

So far its looking good, and could and probably should be better.

Thats the thing about this season, its been brilliant but we should have won at the Etihad and at Old Trafford.......

We never looked like losing a game yet this season though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

A win tomorrow would be so good going into international break, especially if city have a shock slip against QPR, probably too much too ask.

A win tomorrow would be so good going into international break, especially if city have a shock slip against QPR, probably too much too ask.

City winning at QPR is not guaranteed with the form they are in...

• Advertisement

I reckon it will be a cake walk for City, 2 goal win at least.

I reckon it will be a cake walk for City, 2 goal win at least.

Most popular bet on PaddyPower today is QPR win (5/1)... :pac:

Lets hope the gamblers are right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Obviously, the problem as José sees it is complacency. The real problem is that the players have yet to be proved wrong that this league campaign is a piece of pish.

They've let in a fair whack of late goals, not because they were outplayed or out-thought, but because they were near sleep-walking to the end of the game. BUT - and this is José's problem - we're still unbeaten, we're still top of the league and we're a good few points clear.

Even in Europe, the last game was pants, we got an equalizer and should have won it with Hazard's penalty.

It'll take a loss - and perhaps even a good 4 or 5 nil stuffing - to get a sense of urgency back into the play.

At the moment, there's an unshakeable belief in the Chelsea team that the opposition in the league this year is woeful. Are they so wrong?

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Obviously, the problem as José sees it is complacency. The real problem is that the players have yet to be proved wrong that this league campaign is a piece of pish.

They've let in a fair whack of late goals, not because they were outplayed or out-thought, but because they were near sleep-walking to the end of the game. BUT - and this is José's problem - we're still unbeaten, we're still top of the league and we're a good few points clear.

Even in Europe, the last game was pants, we got an equalizer and should have won it with Hazard's penalty.

It'll take a loss - and perhaps even a good 4 or 5 nil stuffing - to get a sense of urgency back into the play.

At the moment, there's an unshakeable belief in the Chelsea team that the opposition in the league this year is woeful. Are they so wrong?

theres not many teams will play us off the park to a tune of a 4 or 5-0 loss, not least of all Liverpool, it would take some crazy events for it to happen, although I do subscribe to the theory this team has to lose so they get back to focus.

Tomorrow is a very tough game, arguably tougher than Old Trafford and thats a game we should have seen out but for various reasons we didnt.

Its going to be another war and we need everyone at 100% in everything if we want a win, theres not many harder venues than Anfield to go to and get a win IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

To be honest and trying not to sound like some naive fan but I just can't see a loss tomorrow, ok it's not going to be a cake walk and 3 points are far from assured but I think we can at least not loose.
    Jose will go into this game with the typical play for a draw and try nick a win mentality he goes with for every big game, looking forward to it nonetheless and I hope my comments don't come back to haunt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Something strange will happen, I can feel it.
    Filipe Luis with the winner, a bad injury to somebody on either side, a crazy 4-3. Something out of the ordinary is on the cards.

*waits for boring 0-0 in the worst game of the season by far.

I'm being optimistic, I think the CL match during the week will focus the minds tomorrow. Yes of course anfield is a dangerous place to hunt for points but if we play like we are capable of playing, moving the ball well, I think we can dig out a win.
    Ironically, I think an early goal for won't suit us. We are too fond of protecting 1 goal leads. We seem to respond better to pressure late on in a match.

Just back from interstellar.

Anyway, hope we do the business tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hard to know which way It's going to go today. On the one side Jose looked mega p!ssed off on Wednesday so hopefully he will have channeled his p!ssed off'dness into giving the squad a massive kick in the hole. And on the other side If we've hit our mid season slump, there maybe nothing to be done :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Cant wait for ko nw , will be a tough game tho. Hoping for the win

Ramires in over willian. Not shocked really.

Deserved 3 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

GG...

cadaliac wrote: »
    With Costa fit, Remy is fit, we should be as strong as we will ever be (barr some bench injuries).
    Time to man up.

Yeeesssssss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Boom boom boom Costa

The costa and skrtel battle was brilliant all day. Hes able to occupy a back line on his own.

Were truly blessed to have him.

All hail King Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

love Costa!!!

Love em all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Don't know if anyone noticed but when Haz came off just before the end you could see what Jose thought about his effort, gave him a great embrace.
    It seems apparent (to me anyway) that Hazard is desperate to impress, that he knows what's expected of him, hence his reactions with shots blocked or saved and Jose can see how hard he is working ALL the time to make something happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Killinator wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone noticed but when Haz came just before the end you could see what Jose thought about his effort, gave him a great embrace.
    It seems apparent (to me anyway) that Hazard is desperate to impress, that he knows what's expected of him, hence his reactions with shots blocked or saved and Jose can see how hard he is working ALL the time to make something happen.

Yeah, everything didn't click for Hazard today, but he ran himself into the ground.

Only saw the first half. Thought we soaked up the pressure fairly well but to be fair Liverpool did look like they were going to get one, even if we were a bit unlucky with the deflection. Thought we looked good for the last ten minutes of the half. When our mid field pushes forward It's a real sight to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Delighted with the win, was always going to be tough, great to have Costa back in the scoresheet :)

Hazard was very good. Won frees and went past people with ease.

But what about the unsung hero, Dave, running down the line and cutting the ball back for the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hazard is brilliant but won't be in the very top tier unless he improves his finishing and taking of chances. He missed 3 decent chances today that he just needs to do better with, he's still young though and a hell of a player.

Oh and great result, well deserved.

The main thing was to win today and weve managed that.

We'll be at least 6 points clear of City if they win going into the break so im delighted with that.

was watching on line so the pictures were patchy but the message was clear from Hazard, he really is a joy to watch. As Gav previously mentioned on Wednesday night, his finnish is terrible. Some of his passes today were simply sublime - well weighted and on target. He gets us all the free kicks now too because everyone knows just how dangerous he in close to the goal.

It was a good point also, how TSO greeted him coming off the pitch. I think the Wednesday night match (poor performance) had a big influence on their performance today. They played well as a team and set the ball up to Costa for the second. Good passing play.
    Costa was sensational also. No goalie was going to stop it.
    Well pleased with the performance today. I just hope that complacency doesn't creep back into the team.

I was just going to say, you should put that up in the match thread, they'll love it over there!

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    I was just going to say, you should put that up in the match thread, they'll love it over there!

Can't see why they won't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I think Courtois must be the unluckiest goalkeeper in the league at the moment when it comes to clean sheets. He's conceded a few deflections this year no keeper would get to. Also one or two follow ups after a first good save. Outstanding keeper though. Makes it look so easy.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Can't see why they won't :)

edit: sorted

I think Courtois must be the unluckiest goalkeeper in the league at the moment when it comes to clean sheets. He's conceded a few deflections this year no keeper would get to. Also one or two follow ups after a first good save. Outstanding keeper though. Makes it look so easy.

Hes calm as f**k under crosses and his frame usually means he gets to them pretty easily.

He made two decent saves too from Sterling and i think Can in the first half

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Dave is just brilliant so consistent and reliable,
    and what a run he made for the goal!!
    He was probably the most underrated player in the leauge last year
    and only now are people starting to see him for what he is!

duckman!! wrote: »
    Dave is just brilliant so consistent and reliable,
    and what a run he made for the goal!!
    He was probably the most underrated player in the leauge last year
    and only now are people starting to see him for what he is!

Hes a fantastic FB.

He is without a doubt the best full back in the league when it comes to defending. He's a world class defender and one on one not many get the better of him. He's not the worst going forward but he could be better, did brilliant for the goal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Traditionalist that I am, I prefer a full back who is first and foremost a defender. At risk of repeating myself from some other post, I would have Azpilicueta in the team every week. If the team lacks flair and attacking options, I could nearly understand picking a full back who is better going forward than defending. Don't really see Chelsea lacking up front.

I take it as it was a decent enough performance so today?

• Advertisement

I take it as it was a decent enough performance so today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement