Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'd still love a bit of Khedira, it would take the pressure off of Matic (if he gets injured we're in trouble) and in really tough games we could play:

---Khedira - - Matic---
    Oscar
    Fab
    Hazard
    Costa

It would be extremely solid and would give 2 of the attacking 3 complete attacking license probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

So sick of these international breaks, why not have an international season in June where they all occur together like a mini world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I'd still love a bit of Khedira, it would take the pressure off of Matic (if he gets injured we're in trouble) and in really tough games we could play:

---Khedira - - Matic---
    Oscar
    Fab
    Hazard
    Costa

It would be extremely solid and would give 2 of the attacking 3 complete attacking license probably.

No place for Obi :confused:

That would be pretty civilised with Ram, Reus, Willian & Remy on the bench it could actually be frightening. Just need a centre half or two then and we are sorted.

Thinking of defence though what do we do with the Bert man try and get him back or just sell him on to the Saints. There is no doubt his form this season has been excellent (luckily I have had him in my fantasy team since the start of the season) but his contract must be nearly up. Can he come in and fight it out with Luis and Dave? In reality did we need to buy Luis at all (and I like him think he is a smashing player).

No place for Obi :confused:

That would be pretty civilised with Ram, Reus, Willian & Remy on the bench it could actually be frightening. Just need a centre half or two then and we are sorted.

Thinking of defence though what do we do with the Bert man try and get him back or just sell him on to the Saints. There is no doubt his form this season has been excellent (luckily I have had him in my fantasy team since the start of the season) but his contract must be nearly up. Can he come in and fight it out with Luis and Dave? In reality did we need to buy Luis at all (and I like him think he is a smashing player).

Mikel can have a go with the ball boys if no-one else wants him. On Bertrand I'd imagine he'll want first team football and I'd be happy enough to let him go and find it tbh. Next year Azpi rb Luis lb and then Ivan and kids there as subs, sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think if Khedira comes in it'll mean Mikel, Romeu out.

Reus in, means, Moses, Salah, Schurrle, Atsu or T.Hazard will have to be sold to balance the squad up a bit.

I dont think Bertrand will last much longer TBH, on Ivan, I'm not his biggest fan but he always puts in a shift and hes tough as nails, he is pushing on though.

Good news on Zouma making the French squad too, wont expect him to play though.

Yea I think the Bert man deserves a starting spot he has shown to be a decent player, it is very unlikely to be with us. Luis is no Spring chicken though so unless Dave stays at LB we will be looking at reinforcements sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile where will Pogba fit into all this?

Yea I think the Bert man deserves a starting spot he has shown to be a decent player, it is very unlikely to be with us. Luis is no Spring chicken though so unless Dave stays at LB we will be looking at reinforcements sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile where will Pogba fit into all this?

Next season we'll go

Courtois
    Dave Zouma JT Luis
    Matic
    --Pogba--Cesc
    Oscar--Costa-Hazard

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think if Khedira comes in it'll mean Mikel, Romeu out.

Reus in, means, Moses, Salah, Schurrle, Atsu or T.Hazard will have to be sold to balance the squad up a bit.

I dont think Bertrand will last much longer TBH, on Ivan, I'm not his biggest fan but he always puts in a shift and hes tough as nails, he is pushing on though.

Good news on Zouma making the French squad too, wont expect him to play though.

Khedira & Reus in for Moses, Salah, Mikel and Romeu would be a fairly serious upgrade!

Khedira & Reus in for Moses, Salah, Mikel and Romeu would be a fairly serious upgrade!

Khedira - Free in Summer or maybe 10million in January
    Reus - 20 Million in the summer, buy out clause
    Total : 30 Million

Moses - 5 million
    Salah - Loan, sell year after for close to 10million
    Mikel - 7 Million
    Romeu - 3 Million
    Total : 25 million over 2 years at a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Khedira - Free in Summer or maybe 10million in January
    Reus - 20 Million in the summer, buy out clause
    Total : 30 Million

Moses - 5 million
    Salah - Loan, sell year after for close to 10million
    Mikel - 7 Million
    Romeu - 3 Million
    Total : 25 million over 2 years at a guess.

I think Reus buyout will actually be around £30m. I do think he's a viable target though, especially if they are interested in Schurlle.

Don't think Khedira would be interested in swapping Real's bench with our bench tbh, can see him ending up at United or maybe going back to Germay.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think Reus buyout will actually be around £30m. I do think he's a viable target though, especially if they are interested in Schurlle.

Don't think Khedira would be interested in swapping Real's bench with our bench tbh, can see him ending up at United or maybe going back to Germay.

I think Reus buyout clause is £21million in the summer, although could move for him in January, Dortmund are doing terrible in the league, currently 14th/15th.

Schurrle could be used as a make weight but only in a straight swap, even though I dont want Andre gone, Reus is an upgrade.

It depends on what Khedira wants, like Reus, he'll have clubs banging on his door looking for him to sign with them.

Schurrle is a weird one alright when he is good he is very good but when he is bad good Lord not Saloman Kalou bad but pretty ropey none the less. You do sort of think if Reus joins Schurrle goes though

I think Khedira would play along side Matic, would prefer if not us back to Germany he would be a great success at a club like United so we can't be having that now.

Good news, maybe, Cesc is out of the Spanish squad.

The club done an MRI scan on Sunday after the player had discomfort and after meeting up with the Spanish squad, they done their own MRI and concluded it was better for Cesc to stay at home, there is no tear in the hamstring and playing in the upcming games wouldnt be adviseable.

Looks like we dodged a bullet if he can have 2weeks off along with Costa.

Schurrle is a weird one alright when he is good he is very good but when he is bad good Lord not Saloman Kalou bad but pretty ropey none the less. You do sort of think if Reus joins Schurrle goes though

I think Khedira would play along side Matic, would prefer if not us back to Germany he would be a great success at a club like United so we can't be having that now.

Khedira could rock up at the emirates and bring great balance to a good team, it would push them on to genuine contenders too, maybe not in January but next year.

When did Ray Parlour become a comedian or did I miss about 6 months and today is 1st April
    http://www.squawka.com/news/ray-parlour-believes-arsenal-should-make-a-move-for-chelseas-nemanja-matic/218047?
    Arsenal should buy Matic from Chelsea that is just priceless, does he think that Arsenal are a bigger team than Chelsea. If we wanted an Arsenal player we would have a decent chance of getting him if Arsenal wanted a Chelsea player well we all know unless we did not want them then there is no way that would happen.

When did Ray Parlour become a comedian or did I miss about 6 months and today is 1st April
    http://www.squawka.com/news/ray-parlour-believes-arsenal-should-make-a-move-for-chelseas-nemanja-matic/218047?
    Arsenal should buy Matic from Chelsea that is just priceless, does he think that Arsenal are a bigger team than Chelsea. If we wanted an Arsenal player we would have a decent chance of getting him if Arsenal wanted a Chelsea player well we all know unless we did not want them then there is no way that would happen.

I'm sure he meant a defensive midfielder type player like Matic, any offer for Matic from within the league would be laughed out the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Interesting article on Mourinho by Duncan Castles.

Says Jose was Ferguson's first choice to replace him at United and that a deal was pretty much in place for him to takeover when Roman stepped in at the last minute and Jose chose to come home instead.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2263995-exclusive-jose-mourinho-turned-down-manchester-united-job-to-return-to-chelsea?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Interesting article on Mourinho by Duncan Castles.

Says Jose was Ferguson's first choice to replace him at United and that a deal was pretty much in place for him to takeover when Roman stepped in at the last minute and Jose chose to come home instead.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2263995-exclusive-jose-mourinho-turned-down-manchester-united-job-to-return-to-chelsea?

That is complete BS Lukker sure everyone knows that TSHO really wants the United job, cried when he didn't get it and deliberately drew matches against them at OT in the past two seasons so as not to upset those up the food chain at Old Trafford so as he can get the job sometime in the future :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

That is complete BS Lukker sure everyone knows that TSHO really wants the United job, cried when he didn't get it and deliberately drew matches against them at OT in the past two seasons so as not to upset those up the food chain at Old Trafford so as he can get the job sometime in the future :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ah theyre grand, they got the Chosen one, who became the sacked one, and they bought the Chosen Juan off us.

theyre doing alright for themselves now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What do ye think of this reus swap for shurrle? Hopefuly it goes ahead

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What do ye think of this reus swap for shurrle? Hopefuly it goes ahead

Depends on the terms really but Reus would improve our support players no end in an attacking sense but does he have the discipline of Willian, Oscar or Hazard to get the hard work done when we're under the cosh, thats the deal breaker IMO.

April 1st is still a few months away :pac:

Depends on the terms really but Reus would improve our support players no end in an attacking sense but does he have the discipline of Willian, Oscar or Hazard to get the hard work done when we're under the cosh, thats the deal breaker IMO.

Ya i havent seen much of him really but what i did see of him he seemed like a good player. I never really liked shurrle tbh

April 1st is still a few months away :pac:

Haha taught it was bull alrite

Haha taught it was bull alrite

I reckon CR7 has about the same chance of becoming Barca manager as Jose at this stage :pac:

• Advertisement

Good news, maybe, Cesc is out of the Spanish squad.

The club done an MRI scan on Sunday after the player had discomfort and after meeting up with the Spanish squad, they done their own MRI and concluded it was better for Cesc to stay at home, there is no tear in the hamstring and playing in the upcming games wouldnt be adviseable.

Looks like we dodged a bullet if he can have 2weeks off along with Costa.

This is very handy, 2 key players getting a proper rest, Costa with his constant niggles and Cesc playing a lot of football and in need of a rest. Who says internationals are all bad news?

The TSHO to Barca thing has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now and is total horse manure I think. There seems to be very little love between them, you never hear of TSHO speaking fondly of Barca and some of the comments coming the other way well what can you say. I am not sure they could afford him anyway he obviously is not short of a bob or two, regardless of his salary at Inter and RM he apparently got a few bob from Roman when leaving last time around. TSHO has stated on many occasions that he loves Chelsea and has work to finish here so what would be the allure of Barca who are basically a club in decline at the moment.

And besides the world and their dog knows he really really wants the United job and will hold out for that :pac::pac::pac:

The TSHO to Barca thing has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now and is total horse manure I think. There seems to be very little love between them, you never hear of TSHO speaking fondly of Barca and some of the comments coming the other way well what can you say. I am not sure they could afford him anyway he obviously is not short of a bob or two, regardless of his salary at Inter and RM he apparently got a few bob from Roman when leaving last time around. TSHO has stated on many occasions that he loves Chelsea and has work to finish here so what would be the allure of Barca who are basically a club in decline at the moment.

And besides the world and their dog knows he really really wants the United job and will hold out for that :pac::pac::pac:

He took a pay cut to come back to us although I think hes still earning about 170k a week, not bad if you can get it :pac:

ST£170k a week meah would you get out of bed for that :eek:

ST£170k a week meah would you get out of bed for that :eek:

He was on closer to 200K at Madrid :pac:

We got a bargain, Pep is reportedly on 220K at Bayern.

i dont think these guys have to worry about going to the ATM a few days before the end of the month :D

• Advertisement

200k a month my God just think on a 5 week month you pull down a cool million.

Anyways back to the real world good news if the Star is to be believed

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/409934/Gerard-Pique-Barcelona-Chelsea-Man-United

Dont know what United fans think but he certainly is not good enough for us

200k a month my God just think on a 5 week month you pull down a cool million.

Anyways back to the real world good news if the Star is to be believed

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/409934/Gerard-Pique-Barcelona-Chelsea-Man-United

Dont know what United fans think but he certainly is not good enough for us

Well in England they get taxed 45% of that so to earn 100K net, you'd need to be on about 185k gross a week, so unfortunately you'd have to wait for 10weeks to count your million :pac:

Depending on the price I'd take Pique, bujt in saying that, we dont really need that type of defender, IMO.

Well in England they get taxed 45% of that so to earn 100K net, you'd need to be on about 185k gross a week, so unfortunately you'd have to wait for 10weeks to count your million :pac:

Depending on the price I'd take Pique, bujt in saying that, we dont really need that type of defender, IMO.

Depends how good your bean counter is I doubt these guys are PAYE, most players are companies I think anyway. Still I could wait ten weeks its a little shorter than present :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

In fairness, when Chelsea signed André Villas Boas, they assumed they were getting essentially "José Mourinho, Mk. II". All the signs were there:

-Young
    -Portuguese
    -Flamboyant
    -Successful in Portugal and in Europe with Porto
    -etc.

It all appeared to be deja-vu of the highest order and that's why he was brought in.

However, it became rapidly apparent that he was no José. Far less tactically astute and very unable to change a game in mid-flow. He also lost the dressing room (as Scolari had done before), which was a devastating blow. When he attempted to sever key (yet aging) players from the squad, he fatally shot himself in the foot. Too much, too soon.

Given time, perhaps AVB could have worked magic with Chelsea, transforming them into a true "Barcelona in Royal Blue" that Abramovich craved (at the time). However, time is not a luxury that modern football managers are given. They can be given endless money, ridiculous wages, a team of superstars, etc. But time, sadly, is not a commodity that managers are given. At any club.

Given time, perhaps AVB would have gotten rid of a lot of the senior players at Chelsea, brought in younger, hungrier players and gotten Chelsea playing beautiful, attacking, flowing football. Perhaps... But the cost of this rebuild? No doubt, Chelsea would have dropped out of the Top 4 of English football for a few seasons (costing them Champions League appearances). It would be catastrophic to a club like Chelsea to lose out on that money and prestige from the top European competition.

However, had AVB not been axed when he was, had Roberto DiMatteo not been appointed as the top man, had the downward spiral continued unabated... would Chelsea have been crowned European Champions in May 2012? With AVB at the helm, no. No they would not.

For all the potential, for all the "could have been" ideals, for all of everything... the fact remains that had AVB remained at the helm at Chelsea Football Club, the club would not have won the Champions League, would have slipped out of the competition for a few years, would not have gotten to sign Eden Hazard/Oscar/Diego Costa/etc., and perhaps most cripplingly...

José Mourinho would never have returned to the Bridge.

Patience is a virtue, that much is true. And Chelsea are often criticised for their flippant policy with their managers. Mostly, this criticism is justified (the sackings of Ranieri, Mourinho, Ancelloti and DiMatteo are all arguably bad sackings, and not being able to hold on to Hiddink). Sometimes, that criticism is misplaced (Scolari and Villas Boas) and it was the correct decision to lose patience.

Foolishness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result; however, when Chelsea sack managers and keep the cycle going... you never quite know what you're going to get next.

And sacking André Villas Boas must surely go down as one of the best decisions the Chelsea board have ever made; without that sacking, Chelsea would never have won the Champions League and it is unlikely that José Mourinho would have returned to the fold.

Sorry, André...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Willian scores for Brazil.

Bit more of that for us would be nice. :pac:

If he was in blue he would have passed it. :pac:

Diego Costa up for the Puskas goal of the year award.

If he was in blue he would have passed it. :pac:

Got an assist as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

When you think about, it's hard to comprehend just how mad it was that they went on to win the Champions League. I mean the way the season was going up until that point they should have gotten to the quarters of the FA cup at most and been ruined in the return leg by Napoli. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Was reading a thread dedicated to Matic on theshedend website, plenty of whispers as him being a popular replacement as captain.
    On his early season showing I don't see how it could be unpopular, to say the least. He's reliable and seems like a nice, humble fella (which could even improve the PR image, not that the club ever cared in the first place). As well as that, nobody sticks out to me as an obvious choice so i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Thoughts?

Matic as captain why not. Certainly leads by example is a top quality player and is always in the thick of the action so near enough to work the ref. I would have thought he would be an excellent choice if he is vocal, never been a fan of strikers, full backs or goalkeepers being captain too far removed from the engine room.

So it seems the Telegraph was totally wrong again regarding Chelsea and FFP

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/534740/Jose-Mourinho-told-make-Chelsea-superpower-after-20m-profits-boost

£20m profit for the year is non too shabby at all and keeps the wolf of FFP at bay, I wonder if a certain Frenchman is crying into his wine tonight? Hope he is at least this has not worked out as he expected me thinks. If we could get the ground sorted we would be happy out now

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Was reading a thread dedicated to Matic on theshedend website, plenty of whispers as him being a popular replacement as captain.
    On his early season showing I don't see how it could be unpopular, to say the least. He's reliable and seems like a nice, humble fella (which could even improve the PR image, not that the club ever cared in the first place). As well as that, nobody sticks out to me as an obvious choice so i wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Thoughts?

We're blessed with a couple of leaders at the moment. Ivan, Matic, Cahill, Azp would make a fine captain too.

Costa would get my vote, his attitude alone is excellent although him speaking no English doesnt help, he'd run through a brick wall if asked to for the team.

I see Azp mentioned Matic said a few good words prior to the Liverpool game.

JT was happy with them too so give him the arm band :pac:

Is Matic vocal enough to be a captain? Definitely leads by example though... I'd have Azpi up there for it too, great workrate and passion, consistent performer and he's not afraid to speak up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So it seems the Telegraph was totally wrong again regarding Chelsea and FFP

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/534740/Jose-Mourinho-told-make-Chelsea-superpower-after-20m-profits-boost

£20m profit for the year is non too shabby at all and keeps the wolf of FFP at bay, I wonder if a certain Frenchman is crying into his wine tonight? Hope he is at least this has not worked out as he expected me thinks. If we could get the ground sorted we would be happy out now

Platini's concern was the increasing spiral of excessive spending that could lead to clubs going bust. If one of the main perpetrators of this spiral has now curbed its ways, I'm sure he's delighted as it justifies the whole ethos of the FFP.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Platini's concern was the increasing spiral of excessive spending that could lead to clubs going bust. If one of the main perpetrators of this spiral has now curbed its ways, I'm sure he's delighted as it justifies the whole ethos of the FFP.

Yet PSG will probably doctor their books (again) or a relative blind eye will be turned to their failings in FFP.

I think FFP is a good thing but it wont ever get to a stage where a European super power is denied access to Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement