Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sure thats old news :pac:

Anyway, we got rid of him coz we made a good healthy profit on a guy that seemingly wanted it all without having to work for it. I mean Mata was getting benched at the time too and was latered sold, De Bruyne is in the Mata role, cant do what Willian, Oscar, Hazard or even Schurrle can do so he was always surplus to what we needed.

Now, if you gave me the option this summer, if we had kept KDB, to get rid of him or Courtois, then its a no brainer, Courtois is much more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

None of the three of them are what you'd call "the beautiful people". Anyway, think out of the 2 players Chelsea definitely ended up with the better player.

None of the three of them are what you'd call "the beautiful people". Anyway, think out of the 2 players Chelsea definitely ended up with the better player.

Ya, shes not great herself but I couldnt give a damn about their personal lives as long as Courtois is doing the business for us thats all I care about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    so...what did I miss?:pac:

International break......nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Curse you international break!!

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Curse you international break!!

Well we're back in business on Saturday, 3pm.

Hopefully keep up the pressure on City, Utd, Arsenal, Pool, Soton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well we're back in business on Saturday, 3pm.

Hopefully keep up the pressure on City, Utd, Arsenal, Pool, Soton.

By the time Southampton slip away we'll be 11+ points clear of City i'd say. They're crumbling imo, No character, Aguero is carrying them, Toure doesn't seem bothered half the time. Poor defence bar Kompany aswell. Milner has been their second best player this season for me. Actually really rate him.

City have Swansea on Saturday at the same time so theyll probably win.

Theyre at home after all. As long as we do our part i dont care about City for the moment.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    By the time Southampton slip away we'll be 11+ points clear of City i'd say. They're crumbling imo, No character, Aguero is carrying them, Toure doesn't seem bothered half the time. Poor defence bar Kompany aswell. Milner has been their second best player this season for me. Actually really rate him.

Milner is indeed having a fine season. You could look at it two ways but i'll take the diplomatic approach and say that he's really applied himself and upped his game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Jack Wilshire has a half decent game against a knackered championship team that is Scotland and now he is better than Matic according to Rednapp, apparently Matic cant deliver that killer pass. He obviously does not watch Matic play very often if at all, can only assume he is on Sky as eye candy for some because he knows next door to nothing about football.

http://www.squawka.com/news/jamie-redknapp-reveals-what-arsenals-jack-wilshere-has-over-nemanja-matic/224068?

So Jack Wilshire has a half decent game against a knackered championship team that is Scotland and now he is better than Matic according to Rednapp, apparently Matic cant deliver that killer pass. He obviously does not watch Matic play very often if at all, can only assume he is on Sky as eye candy for some because he knows next door to nothing about football.

http://www.squawka.com/news/jamie-redknapp-reveals-what-arsenals-jack-wilshere-has-over-nemanja-matic/224068?

Wilshire can have a killer pass, weve Cesc to do that whos better than him and Matic is better at everything else.

also its jamie f**king redknapp.

man is a clown to say the least, of course hes going to big up english talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wilshire can have a killer pass, weve Cesc to do that whos better than him and Matic is better at everything else.

also its jamie f**king redknapp.

man is a clown to say the least, of course hes going to big up english talent.

Man is a clown for sure, recent game at Palace Matic was spraying the ball all over the park, he is well capable of the killer pass but why not leave it to Cesc who is better in that aspect.

Man is a clown for sure, recent game at Palace Matic was spraying the ball all over the park, he is well capable of the killer pass but why not leave it to Cesc who is better in that aspect.

Matic knows his job, its to protect the back four and link play through midfield as a secondary role.

Theres not many more better at what Matic does, even look at Cesc, he reguarly covers the most ground of any of players, its brilliant to see as hes willing to get forward and back, even if the defensive side of his game is pretty ordinary, he still gets around the pitch.

I'd still love to see Oscar dropped next to Matic and Cesc pushed further forward as I think Oscar is better in the tackle but Cesc is a better playmaker. I suppose Oscar as a number 10 closes a lot of space and cuts off routes from the defence to the midfield a lot quicker than Cesc would so maybe thats why hes playing further forward.

Michael Ballack - "Marco (Reus) knows Chelsea are the best team in England... I told him"

"From day one, I loved and respected everyone there and I have told Marco that, they are a great club and will always be with me"

Just found out the quote was a fake. Why do people do these things!

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Just found out the quote was a fake. Why do people do these things!

Lack of a life.

If we are look away from the fact that he's mainly hyping up a fellow Englishman, I can see where he's coming from, that's not say i agree with him or think he's right.

Matic is well able to dribble, beat a man, and play passes, but the positional discipline Mourinho instills in him means that to play a killer pass he'd have to be attempting them from just inside the opposition half, whereas Wilshere would have a bit more freedom to get forward at will. The pictures that were doing the rounds after the Arsenal v Swansea game where half the team was caught well up the pitch before the foul leading to the freekick would be a good example.

But our beloved friend Jamie couldn't have thought of that.

Wilshire is a good player, but he wouldn't get in our team at Matic or Cesc expense.

It was good to see Neville though pulling him up on the headphones thing pre-warm up, I hate all footballers that go around with their big stupid earphones, granted his were normal but the point still stands :pac:

• Advertisement

Something different : http://www.espnfc.com/french-ligue-1/story/2152703/didier-drogba-samir-nasri-sales-from-marseille-to-chelsea-and-arsenal-may-be-investigated

The sales of Nasri and Drogba maybe investigated.
    RMC also quoted an unnamed OM official as saying: "I ask myself whether there's not a little bit of fantasising among the investigators. Like with Drogba's transfer. The police don't understand why the 36 million euros that were talked about ended up only being 33 million in the bank. It's simple.

"It's not that three million just disappeared into thin air. It's just that Chelsea, who weren't as solid financially then as they are now, finally decided to pay us in one transaction, and so we gave them a three million-euro reduction."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

15212444904_398fb4b56e_c.jpg

FC10C5100.jpg

What's that?

What's that?

Post count !!!

:D

I expected Gav to be 1st .... but 1600 posts ahead of 2nd :O :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

peteeeed wrote: »

We shouldnt do that tbh . If he really is going we should use him as bait for varane

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Post count !!!

:D

I expected Gav to be 1st .... but 1600 posts ahead of 2nd :O :O

I've nothing better to do :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Since his loan move to AC Milan, Torres has scored once in nine games. Just sayin'.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Since his loan move to AC Milan, Torres has scored once in nine games. Just sayin'.

In relation to this, I dont think Van Ginkel has played much for them......

In relation to this, I dont think Van Ginkel has played much for them......

he's injured i think

peteeeed wrote: »
    he's injured i think

I think he maybe but he didnt play much prior to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Where can you view post count on a thread?

Where can you view post count on a thread?

On any thread, anywhere, all you have to do is click on the number of posts, on the right hand side of the thread in the main forum.

Duck Soup wrote: »

It's all about weight tho ....

How important is the goal ?

what weight did that goal he scored for us have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the_monkey wrote: »
    It's all about weight tho ....

How important is the goal ?

what weight did that goal he scored for us have ?

Did it weigh €50 million ?

greendom wrote: »
    Did it weigh €50 million ?

Well it made sure we got to the UCL final and we won it and the prize money was about 46million so close enough :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Neville's orgasmic noise alone makes Torres worth every red rex penny!:D

Panthro wrote: »

i don't think ive ever celebrated a goal as much, he ran for about 4 hours

He done the same when Drogba scored the equaliser, not as bad but still noticable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Could any club pay his buy out clause without breaching FFP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Probably only Bayern and Real Madrid, possibly United.

At £200m, he wouldn't be worth it.

Chelsea could possibly, if we sold Hazard for upwards of 80m.

If you got half his image rights though that'd prob be an extra 20m a season in revenue, he'd pay for himself sure :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Obviously fearful of joining Utd as he knows he would never be able to emulate Ronaldo's contribution there. Understandable.

No one could without selling a couple of players I imagine.

K4t wrote: »
    Obviously fearful of joining Utd as he knows he would never be able to emulate Ronaldo's contribution there. Understandable.

I dont think players give a bo**ocks.

Anyway, its a nothing point coz he wont be leaving Barca and not to the EPL if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Only two more sleeps until this dam international break is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Messi wouldn't suit the Chelsea anyways.

• Advertisement

Messi wouldn't suit the Chelsea anyways.

Id say he would :pac:

Matic Cesc
    Oscar Messi Hazard
    Costa

Fantasy football stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement