Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id say he would :pac:

Matic Cesc
    Oscar Messi Hazard
    Costa

Fantasy football stuff

He seems like a bit of a disruptive influence, I actually wouldn't risk the harmony in the squad over him. He'd probably demand to be played in Costa's position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    He seems like a bit of a disruptive influence, I actually wouldn't risk the harmony in the squad over him. He'd probably demand to be played in Costa's position.

It would take a much bigger man or men, then Messi to take that starting spot off Costa. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I think messi would suit chelsea perfectly. And even tho hes the best in the world imo i wouldnt pay 200m for him. Not even half that tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

unless adidas get involved like was reported a couple of seasons ago where they offered to pay half the fee

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2487680/Lionel-Messi-nearly-joined-Chelsea-adidas-offered-pay-105million-move.html

article-2487680-1934358200000578-942_634x412.jpg

Ive heard that before but cant see it happening.

The prices involves are mind melting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

With Lukker on the Messi thing we are building an excellent squad and the harmony looks good fantastic player that he is. Hazard will be better than him soon enough lock him into a long term contract instead.

Though I also dont see him leaving Barca.

With Lukker on the Messi thing we are building an excellent squad and the harmony looks good fantastic player that he is. Hazard will be better than him soon enough lock him into a long term contract instead.

Though I also dont see him leaving Barca.

As much as I love Hazard, I dont think he'll ever be at the Messi or Ronaldo level, both had won Balopn D'ors by his age too, I'm sure anyway.

I think Ronaldos 42 goal Utd season happened at the same age Hazard is now.

Hazard will be fantastic in his own right but to be better than Ronaldo or Messi would mean you're probably going to be the best of all time, theyre that good and so far ahead of the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm going to go out on a limb here and saying that Messi would be the worst player for us to buy. Would completely unsettle the squad, the ego on the chap is unreal, not only would his wage demands screw up our ffp but also a lot of the other players agents would be looking for wage increases for their clients to match, and if they weren't received then the players would look for deals elsewhere.
    Thanks but Nah

As much as I love Hazard, I dont think he'll ever be at the Messi or Ronaldo level, both had won Balopn D'ors by his age too, I'm sure anyway.

I think Ronaldos 42 goal Utd season happened at the same age Hazard is now.

Hazard will be fantastic in his own right but to be better than Ronaldo or Messi would mean you're probably going to be the best of all time, theyre that good and so far ahead of the rest.

Whilst Hazards ability may never reach the heights of Ronaldo or Messi it will be damn close but I was thinking more in the round. In a couple of years as they age and Hazard reaches his prime.

Whilst Hazards ability may never reach the heights of Ronaldo or Messi it will be damn close but I was thinking more in the round. In a couple of years as they age and Hazard reaches his prime.

Well he can reach the level just below them, the Bale, Suarez kind of level.

He just needs to improve himself in a few key areas and that should come with age and experience.

He started the season slolw, in fact a lot of the guys at the WC have and now hes really getting into the swing of it so hopefully he keeps the foot down and adds a few goals to his excellent open play.

• Advertisement

WBA is going to be sticky I feel, first game back after international breaks always take awhile to get going so could be a frustrating afternoon, hopefully a win and we keep the pressure on those below.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and saying that Messi would be the worst player for us to buy. Would completely unsettle the squad, the ego on the chap is unreal, not only would his wage demands screw up our ffp but also a lot of the other players agents would be looking for wage increases for their clients to match, and if they weren't received then the players would look for deals elsewhere.
    Thanks but Nah

i remember when mark stein was a big signing (not in size)

Match thread for tomorrow up in the CSG : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057330969

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Paddy Power has tweeted that they are paying out on Chelsea winning the league.

zerks wrote: »
    Paddy Power has tweeted that they are paying out on Chelsea winning the league.

In November :pac:

Thats just stupid TBH, winter champions mean nothing, never has.

In November :pac:

Thats just stupid TBH, winter champions mean nothing, never has.

There are very few out there that do marketing better than PP, they have a history of this and when they do it they get massive coverage. You really have to hand it to their marketing division it is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

greendom wrote: »
    Did it weigh €50 million ?

+45.5M for 3 and a half years wages?

Ewww

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    +45.5M for 3 and a half years wages?

Ewww

Don't matter what he cost the look on Redknapp Snr & Jnr when we knocked Spurs out of the CL was priceless. A moment that will be treasured by Chelsea supporters for ever and a day that.

There are very few out there that do marketing better than PP, they have a history of this and when they do it they get massive coverage. You really have to hand it to their marketing division it is brilliant.

Oh ya, theyre brilliant at it.

November though is brilliant, had it been the start of May and we were clear id be happier and more confident :pac:

I kinda hope Costa gets booked tomorrow if Remy is fit and ready to go. I know we messed up against them last season but if he is going to be suspended I hope it is against Sunderland as after that game we have Spurs at home and the Barcodes away and I can't really see him getting to the Hull game without a booking so as to miss the Derby match.

• Advertisement

Press conf WBA

Jose Mourinho reports Nathan Ake is injured (hamstring) and will be out for a few weeks.

Diego Costa and Schurrle have totally recovered. Fabregas trained with the team today and he hopes he can play.

Ramires is not in a very good condition but is improving and can play.

he is only thinking about the West Brom game when it comes to team selection, despite busy period ahead

he loves the busy period over winter in England, although the clubs in European competition can be affected later on.

there are zero proposals from other clubs to sign Petr Cech. He says the player has contract & is a fantastic professional.

that not once has Petr Cech knocked on his door to inform him of a desire to accept any proposals.

he expects to win against West Brom but he also expects a very difficult match.

he expects a tight match against a team that knows from the past it can get a result against Chelsea

Christmas period is hard for players new to it, but Diego Costa has worked with a club physio even during a little holiday

that despite Diego Costa being one booking away from a domestic suspension, he won't protect him from any game.

Decent press conference so, moving to dismiss Cech rumours but I'd say if a bid came in from outside the league he'd be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Decent press conference so, moving to dismiss Cech rumours but I'd say if a bid came in from outside the league he'd be sold.
    Realistically we can't hold on to him as a second GK. He deserves first choice, so, if not at Chelsea, somewhere else. He needs to move quickly career wise and get in smoewhere before he looses gametime and with that, any interest from the bigger clubs.

cadaliac wrote: »
    Realistically we can't hold on to him as a second GK. He deserves first choice, so, if not at Chelsea, somewhere else. He needs to move quickly career wise and get in smoewhere before he looses gametime and with that, any interest from the bigger clubs.

Ya he is way too gud of a player to warn the bench, hope he doesnt go to arsenal tho

And I'd have no issue with him going abroad, hes probably still one of the top 5 in the world which is scary when you think hes on the bench.

Hes free to leave in the summer of 2016 so I'd say he'll be gone then and not to Arsenal, theyve more pressing needs than a GK, and Syzcesny isnt that bad, if he cut out the slack and he'd be a very good GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He'll stay on until the end of the season and he'll have absolutely no trouble finding a top club then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Costa scores goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Can see us winning by four or five if things stay this way.

• Advertisement

Can see us winning by four or five if things stay this way.

Pretty easy so far.

hazard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

You can see why PP paid out on Chelsea. Absolutely steamrolling the league and are a class or two above the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

That red was harsh IMO. He pulled out of it, Chelsea playing some fantastic football though, fully deserving of the lead.

Only downside to today is having to watch setanta, shocking sound quality.

If it wasnt for Foster we'd be 4 or 5 up easily at HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

To sum up that half: we are the best team in the league, we are one of the very best sides in Europe and there are very few teams capable of producing that level of football over 45 minutes. The movement, the slick passing, the invention all built on a rock solid base, it's beautiful, flowing football at its finest. You couldn't pick a best player of the bunch.

I'll second Setantas poor sound quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Jesus Christ, that's some tache on Kilbane!

Cesc with his 10th assist

Take it as we are controlling the game ? And 3 points is definate?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Take it as we are controlling the game ? And 3 points is definate?

Yep, would like to see us up it a bit and score a few more though.

Johner wrote: »
    Yep, would like to see us up it a bit and score a few more though.

Id imagine there will be another goal surely playing v 10men

• Advertisement

Were in 50% mode before the UCL game midweek

F** k sake Hazard.

Hit those earlier christ.

:mad:

Job done, easy as you like. Costa and Hazard goals, Fabregas and Oscar assists and a clean sheet. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

We're bloody brilliant.

Should have been much, much more but a win and a clean sheet and it was a glorified training game after they went to 10 men so hopefully no niggles before Schalke during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Stuck in work so following by updates how did we play lads

Excellent first half, coasting in the 2nd.

Could easily have been double what we finished with.

Easiest win of the season

Sunderlands next 3 games..

Chelsea , H
    City, H
    Pool, A

I reckon theyll take at least 3 points. Theyre a decent side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

55eN3G.jpg116558
    Front cover of 442 today:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement