Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Panthro wrote: »
    Messi wouldn't suit the Chelsea anyways.

Messi is a Barca cast-off. He's on a downward curve.

Don't even think about it folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Getting a good feeling about the title tbh. 1/3 of the season gone, 7 points clear and most of our tough away games played and still unbeaten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Getting a good feeling about the title tbh. 1/3 of the season gone, 7 points clear and most of our tough away games played and still unbeaten

Im not confident yet, every team bar us has had injuries.

City have missed kompany, aguero, silva
    Liverpool, sturridge
    Utd and Arsenal, so many between them.

Get into January and we can re-evaluate again, Id like to see us lose, not to end the nonsense talk of an unbeaten run but to see how we react. Weve not lost a game since April so id like to see how we bounce back from it no matter who the opponent was.

i think tje squad is alot more stable and mature from last year but only a bad run will test that.

cadaliac wrote: »
    55eN3G.jpg116558
    Front cover of 442 today:)

Ive read the article, its a pretty good read IMO.

Hes a warrior and it shows in his play on the pitch.

His goals have endeared him to the fans but his attitude and battle spiriting is something to behold also, having a world class cf is something weve lacked for a long, long time.

Some stats....

After 12 games -

Arsenal Unbeatable's 2003 -

W 9, D 3, L 0
    GS - 28
    GC - 10

Chelsea 2014 -

W 10, D2, L0
    GS - 30
    GC - 11

17 out of the 19 teams in the Premier League (excluding Chelsea) are closer to the relegation zone than they are to Chelsea.

Against West Brom, Chelsea set a new Club record by completing 812 passes overtaking the old record of 803 against Arsenal this season.

13 games gone and were on course to be 18 points clear of the team who finished 2nd last year.

Some turn around from both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

GavRedKing wrote: »
    13 games gone and were on course to be 18 points clear of the team who finished 2nd last year.

Some turn around from both.

I know Suarez was some player for one player... but can he SERIOUSLY have been the one thing that meant Liverpool came within a cúnt hair of the Premier League? I mean, I know the squad is a year older and blah blah blah... but taking all other things equally, the only difference between this season's Liverpool and last season's Liverpool is Luiz Suarez.

I've heard of 1-man-teams before, but I honestly didn't think that Liverpool last season were that. For sure, Suarez was a huge part of their success, but... More and more, it's looking like Suarez was the only thing that separated Liverpool finishing mid-table and Liverpool winning the league.

Spunking most of the money they made from selling him on Ballotelli and a rake of Southampton (by the way, selling half their squad doesn't appear to have done them any harm!) players didn't help matters either, but it is becoming rapidly, RAPIDLY, apparent just how big a figure that Suarez was at Anfield.

• Advertisement

Well it shows he was a huge factor in their title push.

The squad is arguably "better" but the only players they could have replaced him with was messi or ronaldo, guys close to or around his ability are all playing for huge teams already so were unlikely to move, ala Sanchez so they ended up with balotelli.

Theyve a huge fight to get top 4 again anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

F** k sake Hazard.

Hit those earlier christ.

:mad:

As great a player he is and the potential he has , he does miss a fair few one on ones .

As great a player he is and the potential he has , he does miss a fair few one on ones .

Yup his finishing isnt good enough. Everything else is pretty good about his game but his open play scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Chelsea - a great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Coleman to Chelsea doing the rounds.

Coleman to Chelsea doing the rounds.

For the fee that would be involved, 15-25million i dont think hes worth it.

When we have Dave for RB i dont see the point anyway, Dave is better defensively while Coleman is much more natural going forward.

• Advertisement

Torres starts and MVG on ACs bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Plus we have Luis as back up. The only way I'd see him getting game time was if Ivanovic was dropped. Can't see that happening either.

Plus we have Luis as back up. The only way I'd see him getting game time was if Ivanovic was dropped. Can't see that happening either.

Ivan is pushing on though, 30 now, Luis is 29.

Azp is our youngest FB at 25 Coleman is 15 months older than Azp but id rather not have Azp at LB for the next season or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Coleman is an excellent player but not for us I think, first and foremost a TSHO defender must be a really solid defender not sure Coleman is.

Coleman is an excellent player but not for us I think, first and foremost a TSHO defender must be a really solid defender not sure Coleman is.

Zouma and Kalas can play RB too, we're sorted their for awhile. :D

• Advertisement

Also have that Wallace chap if he develops we do need a defender in the summer but for me a centre back is the must. Get ST£7m for Petr in January (much as it pains me to say it), maybe offload Schurrle for Reus but even though Schurrle has been poor this season there is something about him I like. Let Salah and Obi head on get maybe ST£10m for the pair.

Striker wise we are good for next season with Costa, Remy and I would bring back Bamford

So we would then just need a decent #2 goalkeeper and a central defender

Also have that Wallace chap if he develops we do need a defender in the summer but for me a centre back is the must. Get ST£7m for Petr in January (much as it pains me to say it), maybe offload Schurrle for Reus but even though Schurrle has been poor this season there is something about him I like. Let Salah and Obi head on get maybe ST£10m for the pair.

Striker wise we are good for next season with Costa, Remy and I would bring back Bamford

So we would then just need a decent #2 goalkeeper and a central defender

Wait for the summer and throw in a cheeky bid for Sanchez if Arsenal miss out on UCL.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wait for the summer and throw in a cheeky bid for Sanchez if Arsenal miss out on UCL.

I can actually see it happen. Sanchez will be gone for sure without UCL.
    Type of player mourihno loves. He wanted Rooney for the same reason.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I can actually see it happen. Sanchez will be gone for sure without UCL.
    Type of player mourihno loves. He wanted Rooney for the same reason.

Sanchez would complete our starting XI hugely IMO.

Arsenal wont sell unless he wants out and it would be for mad money too I reckon.

Sanchez would be a nice signing tbh. What age is he anyway?

25, hes 26 in about 3 weeks. Hes about 4 months younger than Willian.

More of a threat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

RIP John Neal

Chelsea manager between 1981 - 1985

He signed some cracking players in Kerry Dixon, Pat Nevin, David Speedie and Eddie Niedzwiecki.

B3KFwj7CYAAry8-.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

RichT wrote: »
    RIP John Neal

He signed some cracking players in Kerry Dixon, Pat Nevin, David Speedie and Eddie Niedzwiecki.

He was manager when I first started going regularly with my dad and brothers, that team that won the old 2nd division was fantastic.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

my first chelsea hero's as i was born in 72 that team with dixon, speedie, nevin, spackman , joey mclaughlin, mickey thomas , eddie niedzwiecki , played really good football

RIP

RichT wrote: »
    RIP John Neal

B3KFwj7CYAAry8-.jpg

Really sad news this John Neal was an excellent manager who gave us something to shout about when things were pretty dire. Those of you who have never been to the old Stamford Bridge of his day will have no idea just how big an achievement winning the old second division was. Ramshackle does not do the state of the place justice. I remember the first game of that season we were at home to Derby who were strong promotion favourites and we of course had only just missed relegation the season before. Well we blew them off the park cant remember of it was 6-0 or 4-0 but pretty comprehensive at any rate and that was the start of a great season.

Will always have fond memories of John Neal RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Feck off!!!

greendom wrote: »
    Feck off!!!

It wopnt happen regardless, not this year or next summer.

I dont think he'll throw a fit and want out, doesnt seem like the type, barring a disaster of a season, outside of any european football, which is highly unlikely, he'll be with Arsenal for a few years yet.

Reus or Sanchez would be upgrades on Willian from an attacking, end product type of signing and would make our starting XI pretty much complete, Oscar scores about 10 goals a season, Hazard will get 15 goals a season, Willian lets the side down, he doesnt score enough, even if his work rate is super high.
    As ye guys know and have seen , sanchez has the work rate and end product, a rare commodity from a very attacking winger.

Well we can cross Reus off the shopping list forever, hes out for the rest of the season with ligament damage after a nasty tackle during the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well we can cross Reus off the shopping list forever, hes out for the rest of the season with ligament damage after a nasty tackle during the weekend.

Ha only out til Jan. He wouldn't leave until summer anyways, that's when his buyout clause comes into effect.

Reus seems to have some injury issues for sure, would not be surprised to see a deal done in January though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He can talk to other clubs in January, or is that just for specific contracts

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ha only out til Jan. He wouldn't leave until summer anyways, that's when his buyout clause comes into effect.

He still wouldnt be signed until the summer I'd reckon.
    Reus seems to have some injury issues for sure, would not be surprised to see a deal done in January though.

I cant see it, if hes out until then he would be a risk as he'd have to come back fully fit before we spend any money I'd feel.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    He can talk to other clubs in January, or is that just for specific contracts

Thats only if your contract is up in the summer and you can sign a pre-contract with another club outside your own domestic league.

5 GK's up for the FIFAPro XI have been announced.

Neuer
    Bravo
    Casillas
    Courtois
    Buffon

So there ya have, we have the best GK in the EPL and very likely, 2nd best in the world.

Obviously a joke of a list how is Casillas and Buffon on it? You could make a very slight argument for Buffon but none at all for Casillas who struggled to get into the RM team no mind a world team.

• Advertisement

Obviously a joke of a list how is Casillas and Buffon on it? You could make a very slight argument for Buffon but none at all for Casillas who struggled to get into the RM team no mind a world team.

Probably because they won the UCL.

Neuer is a shoe in I'd suggest, and I'd be surprised if Courtois isnt sub TBH.

man utd vs chelsea ..... (Old Trafford Attendance: 75,325) - 84 Decibels versus crystal palace chelsea vs WBA(Stamford Bridge Attendance: 41,600) - 83 Decibels (PA Sport)

robbie gets it ever so slightly wrong with the lads on MOTD

https://vine.co/v/O1JKttTL0tZ

peteeeed wrote: »
    man utd vs chelsea ..... (Old Trafford Attendance: 75,325) - 84 Decibels versus crystal palace chelsea vs WBA(Stamford Bridge Attendance: 41,600) - 83 Decibels (PA Sport)

I wonder how true that is TBH.

Although in saying that, I've watched the game back on Sky highlights and the atmosphere seemed better than anything I've heard from the Bridge in awhile.

I'm not sure how many are travelling to Germany, probably about 2/3k but RDM will get a great reception.

Hoping he gets nothing from the game though, Schalkes record so far in the league is

Played - 12
    Won - 5
    Drawn - 2
    Lost - 5
    GD - 0
    Pts 17
    Position - 7th

They won 3-2 last time out at home and it will be a difficult game, if we win, no matter what Sporting do against Maribor, we'll top the group with 1 game to go.

We'll have 11 points, Schalke will have 5, Sporting are currently on 4, Maribor on 3.

Much as I like Robbie we do need to win this game and let themselves and Sporting battle it out for second in the last game. If we can win this then we can rest a few like Costa for the Sporting game and give Remy a much needed run.

• Advertisement

Much as I like Robbie we do need to win this game and let themselves and Sporting battle it out for second in the last game. If we can win this then we can rest a few like Costa for the Sporting game and give Remy a much needed run.

If we win in Germany it means we've a clear run of games before and after Sporting.

One of those games is very tricky, Newcastle away who are the form side in the league.

we play them before we host Sporting, if we can win in Germany, the fringe and younger players can play against Sporting with no worries for Newcastle, after Sp;orting we've got Hull at home, another tricky game where we'll have to create a lot to break them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If we'd sent out a full force squad in the previous match we could afford to take the foot off the gas now in the CL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ive read the article, its a pretty good read IMO.

Hes a warrior and it shows in his play on the pitch.

His goals have endeared him to the fans but his attitude and battle spiriting is something to behold also, having a world class cf is something weve lacked for a long, long time.

It's even better having one who is performing in the league from the off.
    Not to take away from Drogba(you couldn't if you wanted to :pac:) but his first 15 goal season in the league didn't arrive until the 06-07 season which was his third. Somehow, I think Costa will pass that this year. :)
    That consistency is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

17 out of the 19 teams in the Premier League (excluding Chelsea) are closer to the relegation zone than they are to Chelsea.

Love ridiculous stats like that one.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    It's even better having one who is performing in the league from the off.
    Not to take away from Drogba(you couldn't if you wanted to :pac:) but his first 15 goal season in the league didn't arrive until the 06-07 season which was his third. Somehow, I think Costa will pass that this year. :)
    That consistency is key.

Costa will score 25 league goals as long as he doesnt get injured. Hes on 11 already sure :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement