Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    If we'd sent out a full force squad in the previous match we could afford to take the foot off the gas now in the CL

Wasted chances against Schalke and Maribor were a disgrace, we should be qualified already but little mistakes have cost us.

Since Hazard has missed that penalty though hes played better again. I'd go full strength against Schalke and switch it around for Sporting, guys like Schurrle, Ramires, Luis, Cech, Remy, Mikel, Zouma all need game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Panthro wrote: »
    Coleman to Chelsea doing the rounds.

It'd be nice to see purely from having a 'having a paddy on the team' point of view.
    I think he'd be good enough, going on the past season and a half for the standard of the league, but more goals would be leaked. What he brings offensively would be a good addition.
    However I don't think he'd be good enough when playing continental teams, and at the end of the day that's what you're aiming for, so i'd reluctantly pass on that transfer. Plus the fact that it would further hinder the chances of a youngster breaking through, which we all want to see, eventually :rolleyes:

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    It's even better having one who is performing in the league from the off.
    Not to take away from Drogba(you couldn't if you wanted to :pac:) but his first 15 goal season in the league didn't arrive until the 06-07 season which was his third. Somehow, I think Costa will pass that this year. :)
    That consistency is key.

Hes very likely to do it before Christmas at this rate :pac:
    Love ridiculous stats like that one.

Ya, it shows how well we've started and also, how inconsistent the rest of the league is so far.
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    Costa will score 25 league goals as long as he doesnt get injured. Hes on 11 already sure :)

Costa could go some way to pushing Drogbas record of 29 goals in 09/10 although I'll have to dig up how many were penalties and free, something that Costa doesnt take.

On another note, JT is only 25 games short of moving into 3rd on our most appearance record, over taking Lamps.

All things going well, he'll manage it this year.

Another remarkable thing about Costa is hes got the winner or the 1st goal, 6 times from his 11 goals.

Thats pretty important really, hes also managed to score them consistently, hes not scoring 2 or 3 and then going 3 games without a goal, he seems to score every other game.

Also have that Wallace chap if he develops we do need a defender in the summer but for me a centre back is the must. Get ST£7m for Petr in January (much as it pains me to say it), maybe offload Schurrle for Reus but even though Schurrle has been poor this season there is something about him I like. Let Salah and Obi head on get maybe ST£10m for the pair.

Striker wise we are good for next season with Costa, Remy and I would bring back Bamford

So we would then just need a decent #2 goalkeeper and a central defender
    I'd agree with all this. As silly as it sounds I hope Cech signs with somebody like Arsenal. He deserves to play with a high standard team, and I really want him to break that clean sheet record(only 8 more to equal James) and put the "best GK in prem history" debate firmly in the ground(he has the best ratio and by a good bit too, Reina pips him close enough). As bad as they're performing at the minute, Arsenal had quite a lot of clean sheets last season, so a good place to try and finish it off.

Schurrle does have something likable about him, maybe it's that he hasn't been complaining considering he's played fook all. Unfortunately there's no room for sentimentality so if Reus is available, he has to go. Same with Mikel, he has served the club well and had some good moments(like with Torres) but he needs to leave as soon as anybody's willing. Not saying Mikel is totally useless(he's like a different man for Nigeria at times) but for what Mourinho wants, he's not up to it. Even in those games where he came on against City and United, his duty wasn't fulfilled.

The less said about Salah the better, although I think the step up, language and culture barrier may have gotten to him a lot.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Sanchez would complete our starting XI hugely IMO.

Arsenal wont sell unless he wants out and it would be for mad money too I reckon.

Which of the characteristics that Mourinho loves does Sanchez have?
    I just know him as being a goalscoring winger although i've never paid too much attention to him

I'd agree with all this. As silly as it sounds I hope Cech signs with somebody like Arsenal. He deserves to play with a high standard team, and I really want him to break that clean sheet record(only 8 more to equal James) and put the "best GK in prem history" debate firmly in the ground(he has the best ratio and by a good bit too, Reina pips him close enough). As bad as they're performing at the minute, Arsenal had quite a lot of clean sheets last season, so a good place to try and finish it off..

Not that I think the league will be wrapped up with games too many games to spare but if it is the case, Cech will probably see out the season as our number 1.

Syzcesny finished with the same amount of clean sheets as Cech last year but Cech played less minutes.
    Which of the characteristics that Mourinho loves does Sanchez have?
    I just know him as being a goalscoring winger although i've never paid too much attention to him

Hes a very willing runner and well able to put in a defensive shift, like Willian but much more potent. Ya can count on one hand howmany very good attacking wingers that can also do a job tracking back are in the world, Madrid have 1, we have 1, Arsenal have 1, Bayern have 1, Utd have 1, not exactly spoilt for choice IMO.

I wonder how true that is TBH.

Although in saying that, I've watched the game back on Sky highlights and the atmosphere seemed better than anything I've heard from the Bridge in awhile.
    It measures the maximum noise reached in the first 30 seconds of each match. Take what you want from that. In the article I read that from it also pointed out to keep in mind that the stadiums were of different sizes, so that would affect results too.

Just on Reus being a tad injury prone, I think most would have crumbled under this tackle.
    video-undefined-2369915700000578-202_638x366.jpg

• Advertisement

Drogba in 2009/10 got 37 goals overall, 1 penlty :eek:

He also missed the first 3 UCL games and 1 month over the ACON.

I've no doubt in those extra 9 + games he'd have went very close to Ronaldos 42 goal season and he didnt take penalties either :pac:

Anyway, Costa has a huge task to get close to 37 but if he can get 20 in the league and another 10 in the cups I'd be happy with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Much as I dislike QPR and would delight in yet another relegation for possibly the best team in Sheperds Bush taking Kalas back from Cologne and sending him there could be a good move for Kalas.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/11/24/qpr-set-sights-on-chelsea-youngster-who-could-help-resolve-problem-area/?

If he gets game time than it would be good for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Southampton 1 down to villq

7pts clear as it stands :eek:

6pts clear :o now

Our nearest rival draw away to Villa.

6pts clear at the top.

Could be 9 clear of Southampton and 11 clear of city on sunday if we get the job done Saturday. :eek:

What to do with Bertrand? His contract is running down and he is developing into a very handy player indeed. If TSHO decides he is not in his plans (which seems to be the case) I wonder if Robbie would do us a favour and whisk him off to Germany, the Bertman must have fond memories of RDM. Hate the thought of a Liverpool or Arsenal picking him up on the cheap.

Good result all round tonight we are 6 points clear and I got 12 fantasy points yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I was always fond of Ryan but can you really see him dislodging either luis or Dave from left back? Or anywhere on the flanks for that matter.
    Really can't see a future for him at chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

6 points clear at the top... 8 points clear of the real rival, though, is crucial. That is absolutely unreal.

Let's be honest, Southampton will have faded/burnt-out in a major way come the end of the season. It will still be between Chelsea and City at the end of it.

Barring a huge slump in form from Chelsea, fingers crossed the league will be wrapped up before the last game of the season.

Also, it's sick to think this, but in the 12/13 Season, United went Top of the League in November, and remained there for the rest of the season... Can Chelsea do the same???

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I was always fond of Ryan but can you really see him dislodging either luis or Dave from left back? Or anywhere on the flanks for that matter.
    Really can't see a future for him at chelsea.

Yea can't see him as a starter neither but would have been good to have around if for no other reason than he is English. Kudos to him though could have hung around the Bridge picked up a decent wage and got a few medals instead he wants his game.

I like his attitude too really hope he ends up in Germany with RDM.

DazMarz wrote: »
    6 points clear at the top... 8 points clear of the real rival, though, is crucial. That is absolutely unreal.

Let's be honest, Southampton will have faded/burnt-out in a major way come the end of the season. It will still be between Chelsea and City at the end of it.

Barring a huge slump in form from Chelsea, fingers crossed the league will be wrapped up before the last game of the season.

Also, it's sick to think this, but in the 12/13 Season, United went Top of the League in November, and remained there for the rest of the season... Can Chelsea do the same???

We've been top since about early September I think. The pace were setting is relentless but Sunderland will be no easy game on Saturday, the good thing is we play tuesday and late Saturday, if it was playing away wednesday and an early Saturday kick off I'd have been very cautious.

One thing is for sure we'll lose, I'm going to go ahead and call our first loss, when we play Newcastle, 6th december.

Its how we respond that will be critical though.

I also dont think bertrand will make it with us but he'll be a good option for another team. Hes a decent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He'll go to So'ton next season. They have first option on him for £10m.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    He'll go to So'ton next season. They have first option on him for £10m.

10m?

Jaysus thats a great deal for us :eek:

So what do we reckon tonight?

I'm hoping for a win so we get one less competitive game in December and can rotate and rest accordingly.

Itll probably be the trongest XI possible

Courtios
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Cech
    Zouma, Luis
    Ramires,
    Schurrle,
    Remy, Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

So what do we reckon tonight?

I'm hoping for a win so we get one less competitive game in December and can rotate and rest accordingly.

Itll probably be the trongest XI possible

Courtios
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Cech
    Zouma, Luis
    Ramires,
    Schurrle,
    Remy, Drogba

I'd say Luis and Ramires might start.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Is it a big deal to Chelsea fans if ye lose to Schalke and come 2nd?

Would expect Luis to start as well and would not be too surprised to see Schurrle get a run in Germany against a German team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Godot. wrote: »

Well it's the difference between playing a winner of a group and the second placed of another so huge

To quote TSHO during pre season

''But it is more of cultural thing, our identity. Even when the result isn't important, the result is important.''

Yes defeat is always a big deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Would be a very big deal to me.

Probable potential opponents if we finish 1st look to be Athletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Porto.

Whereas if we finish 2nd probable potential opponents look to be Juventus, Basel, Monaco, Roma, PSG, Shahktar.

Big difference there.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I was just looking at Costa there and that stupid meme went through my head... Can he do it on a cold night in Stoke? Well guess what, we play stoke on Monday 22nd December at 8pm so I'm going for a Costa hat trick at the Brittania! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I was just looking at Costa there and that stupid meme went through my head... Can he do it on a cold night in Stoke? Well guess what, we play stoke on Monday 22nd December at 8pm so I'm going for a Costa hat trick at the Brittania! :pac:
    Have you the weather forecast for that?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Well someone who tops their group will have to play Barca or PSG whoever comes 2nd in that grup, no easy task IMO.

Although if you come 2nd and end up playing Real Madrid in the round of 16 it wouldnt be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Hey posted this on the Chelsea Tickets Thread but no reply. Maybe some one here could offer some suggestions.....
    Hi there,

I have some friends from Canada going to London in May and looking to get 2 tickets for the Chelsea vs Liverpool game. He says he is a Chelsea member but has no loyalty points. I'm not 100% what that means but I assume he can't get tickets through it. He is asking what would be the best way to go about getting tickets for this game? I appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Hey posted this on the Chelsea Tickets Thread but no reply. Maybe some one here could offer some suggestions.....

That'll be a Category AA game so the prices and points needed for tickets will be high, subsequently, the chances of getting them through the club are pretty slim.

If hes a member he can watch the ticket exchange portal and tickets might be handed back, failing that, theres a few Twitter pages that re-tweet spare tickets that may also be a possible avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

That'll be a Category AA game so the prices and points needed for tickets will be high, subsequently, the chances of getting them through the club are pretty slim.

If hes a member he can watch the ticket exchange portal and tickets might be handed back, failing that, theres a few Twitter pages that re-tweet spare tickets that may also be a possible avenue.

How far in advance would tickets go on sale and are there any 3rd party websites that would guarantee a ticket but charge a premium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I also dont think bertrand will make it with us but he'll be a good option for another team. Hes a decent player.
    What's that got to do with Pogba? :confused:

IrishIrish wrote: »
    How far in advance would tickets go on sale and are there any 3rd party websites that would guarantee a ticket but charge a premium?

Loads of sites charge an arm a d a leg. Ypud be taking upwards of 100stg a ticket Id imagine.

Tickets usually go on sale about 4-6weeks to season tickets in advance.

McDave wrote: »
    What's that got to do with Pogba? :confused:

Pogba left back?

Chelsea XI vs. Schalke: Courtois; Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Fabregas, Matic; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Costa. #CFC

Scrap that XI.... this is it

Chelsea line-up v Schalke: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Bench

Chelsea subs v Schalke: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Drogba. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fancy us to win by a couple with that line up.

What channel we on ?

What channel we on ?

Sky sports 5 i just checked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just did Costa first goal and also Chelsea -1. Feeling confident. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement