Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'd say that Lavezzi talk is nonsense, we hardly need any more wide players! Having watched Oscar for Brazil I'd love to see him given more space to express himself, Jose seems to have him playing very conservatively and hardworking (no surprise) but with Brazil he's constantly taking on people and looking for quick 1-2s past people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    terry already taking inspiration from costa

http://instagram.com/p/pdYtf7ig_H/

BPI-KM-ATLETICO-MADRID-CHELSEA-220414-095-2721290.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    BPI-KM-ATLETICO-MADRID-CHELSEA-220414-095-2721290.jpg

That'll be an awkward first meeting with you're club captain.

I reckon it would be a good punch up. Money is in Costa though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I reckon it would be a good punch up. Money is in Costa though.

Pfft...Terry all the way!:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Whatever about the likelihood, it's good to see the buzz around who wants to play for Chelsea. Close to being back on top again!

I hope Jose is watching Lukaku closely... if we do end up keeping him I hope Mourinho teaches him a bit of humility, he's not the world-beater he thinks he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

It'd be fair to say Lukaku hasn't exactly set the World Cup alight, another poor display by him. This was really his chance to show Jose he's good enough to be the first striker, not a chance anymore

• Advertisement

Unless Jose sees something I can't and is going to work on him big time, I'd sell Lukaku now. With his ponderousness and attitude, I don't think he's going to work for CFC.

Hazard on the other hand is shining well!

Jesus lads he's banged in the goals for the past two seasons.
    If he's willing to stay, keep the gob shut and work his bollix off for the team, he should deffo be given a chance IMO.

Panthro wrote: »
    If he's willing to stay, keep the gob shut and work his bollix off for the team, he should deffo be given a chance IMO.

This is the problem I think, he's shown great form but his attitude has only seemed to be negative...

Panthro wrote: »
    Last season Giroud, Rodriguez, Remy and Lambert were in Lukaku territory. How many of those, if any, would we be seriously in for?

I don't want to overly dump on Lukaku, but his strengths and failings are there for all to see. If Jose gives him his chance, well and good. And it has to be this coming season. Otherwise he's out the door.

Was away for most of the match but hazard came alive after that free hit the post, didn't see any of lukaku's performance but by all accounts it and the World Cup on the whole will serve to bring him down to earth.

Hazard played ok, hes always a threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can't see Lukaku starting the next Belgian game. Already through and I reckon Origi will get a chance. Might bring him back down to earth a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Ulises Davila, who is on loan at Cordoba, scored the goal that sent them up last night. He's been impressive in what I've seen of him this year, though still has a way to go. I don't know how highly-rated he is within the club.

Also, Albert Ferrer is the manager there, he only took over in February.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is Levezzi heading to the bridge?

hopefulyl only if we play PSG in the UCL, I dont think hes needed at all.
    Can't see Lukaku starting the next Belgian game. Already through and I reckon Origi will get a chance. Might bring him back down to earth a bit.

Hes petulant and that display of batting away the managers hand after being taken off was terrible. I hope hes dropped, hes not the best and world, nowhere near it and in his 120 odd minutes at the WC hes being poor, at least the other Cf has scored and looked lively.
    Ulises Davila, who is on loan at Cordoba, scored the goal that sent them up last night. He's been impressive in what I've seen of him this year, though still has a way to go. I don't know how highly-rated he is within the club.

Also, Albert Ferrer is the manager there, he only took over in February.

Atsu has played well enough for Ghana actually, not sure about Davilla, he'll probably be sold eventually as the competition in the squad is to much, if hes good enough though, its all well and good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Belguim manager has "confirmed" Courtois will be first choice keeper next season and that Cech will be sold if possible.

Link

Wonder what Jose will have to say about this, don't think he'll be too happy about it.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Belguim manager has "confirmed" Courtois will be first choice keeper next season and that Cech will be sold if possible.

Link

Wonder what Jose will have to say about this, don't think he'll be too happy about it.

TBH, I expect that anyway.

when Schwarzer got a 1 year extension the writing was pretty much on the wall for either Cech or Courtois and my money was on Cech being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

After his acting the big boy charlie last season on deadline day I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Petulance isnt exactly a good trait in a footballer, yes hes got some excellent qualities but he looks petulant and to vocal for a lad of 21.

If he acts up like De Bruyne did, he'll be sold, regardless of talent.
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    Someone needs to give that boy a slap.

You'd wanna be a big lad to do it :pac:

TBH if he done it to a club manager or Jose, he'd be banished to the reserves, hes a great talent but hes far from the finished article.

TBH, if Lukaku signed a new deal I'd be all for leaving on loan for 1 last season, send him somewhere else though, to a UCL team.

Atletico makes a lot of sense.

In other news Moses to be moved on is being mentioend today, thank christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

TBH, if Lukaku signed a new deal I'd be all for leaving on loan for 1 last season, send him somewhere else though, to a UCL team.

Atletico makes a lot of sense.

In other news Moses to be moved on is being mentioend today, thank christ.

Wouldn't be surprised seeing Everton coming in for him. Martinez seemed to get the best out of him with Wigan, maybe a potential lightweight in a deal for Barclay.......

Regarding Lukaku, he seems to have some serious inflated ego issues.

Hard to see him ever playing for Chelsea and giving his performances and petulance in the World Cup, I would say his value is diminishing with every game.

Everton have lost Delofoeu after his loan and theyve McGeady and Mirillas so Moses joining could give them an option wide.

If we sold him for cost price or a tiny profit I'd be happy, I also dont want Barkley, we've enough CAM quality in our squad that he wouldnt get ahead of, Oscar, Cesc, Hazard and Willian if needs be too.

• Advertisement

torres scores for spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Torres is back! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Johner wrote: »
    Torres is back! :pac:

a bit early in the season for his annual false dawn

Well...my opinion has changed rapidly in the last ten seconds of Spain's highlights.
    Out with lukaku and back in with the Torres I say.
    Better the devil we know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Gianfranco Zola is in a video for a Derry band, the Wonder Villains. Random, but great to see him.

great pass by fabregas for the 3rd goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Zola song/vid

Best song ever!

Best vid ever!

Might be the only song ever to tempt me away from my 'ring ring' phone-tone :pac:

Surprised there isn't a song a week written about the Great Wee Man.

No willian again for Brazil.

Hulk and especially Fred lucky to be still starting.

Good thing though is Oscar looks to be starting in the number 10 role with hulk and neymar wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Lukakus attitude stinks think we should cut him as i dont think hell do much with us promote a youngster bring in Costa and maybe keep Nando for now wouldnt say no to another striker

Problem is Lukaku will go onto big things, there was a question mark over Sturridge but ive no doubt Lukaku will be a leading CF somewhere.

• Advertisement

Brazil finally waking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

How reliable are the stories about hazard going to barça this summer ?

the_monkey wrote: »

I'd say its 100%,
    And Chelsea will be relegated in two seasons time
    And Jesus will come down and take Jose's place.
    And time will go backwards

And Galway FC are destined for European glory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Very unreliable, hes been given his choice of shirt number for next season and is in contract talks with the club

Not a hope in hell. If it does happen ill step down as mod and get banned by abusing all the admins.

Latest rumours this morning is Sunderland want Baker, Zouma and Christensen on loan. :pac:

Latest rumours this morning is Sunderland want Baker, Zouma and Christensen on loan. :pac:

thought baker and Christensen would go to a championship club , hopefully we will get a good look at all 3 for chelsea in the pre-season games

TBH I cant see us loaning Zouma with Kalas and Luiz gone.

Effectively we've JT, Cahill, Zouma and Ivan for CB.

Christensen as last resort backup.

Loaning both out would be madness unless we're in for another CB.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement