Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Was the ball through for the 4th from Fabregas? He's off now anyway, it's been a masterclass worthy of any of the great playmakers in football history. Glorious. 5-0!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was the ball through for the 4th from Fabregas? He's off now anyway, it's been a masterclass worthy of any of the great playmakers in football history. Glorious. 5-0!!!

Ya his ball to willian was perfect.

30million is a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

All ambition gone from Schalke now, unless you count the ambition to keep it below six.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Feel sorry for Robbie looks shell shocked

Bayern couldnt win their and they havent lost at home since April

This is an impressive display.

Feel sorry for Robbie looks shell shocked

This team is far and away better than what Robbie left and its shown.

Weve blown them away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Drogba looks bang on it , really good

peteeeed wrote: »
    Drogba looks bang on it , really good

If he was quicker we'd have had a 6th

City level

Courtois was brilliant there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Willian has been great.

Hazard :mad:

How many times are we going to talk about his s**t finishing.

F**k me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ah f*ck off city ..

City 3 - 2 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Great result, also City winning keeps them interested in Champions League which is no bad thing.

City are really poor this year, all they have is Aguero which in fairness isn't too bad! But they don't worry me for the league at all.

Great result, also City winning keeps them interested in Champions League which is no bad thing.

Yup, although they have to go to Rome and avoid defeat and they're through then, unless Bayern lose to CSKA as a CSKA win and a draw in Rome sends them through.

Some crazy group.
    Johner wrote: »
    City are really poor this year, all they have is Aguero which in fairness isn't too bad! But they don't worry me for the league at all.

Like Sanchez at Arsenal or De Gea at Utd currently theyre the stand out players of their campaigns while some of the rest have drastically under performed.

That result could also kick start Citys season.

Theyve a tricky game away to Southampton but truth be told they should win as Southampton start their most difficult period after a disappointing draw away to Villa, as long as we get the job done saturday I'm not bothered about sundays events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Robbie has some work to do there

Think that's just where the standard of Bundesliga is at, apart from Bayern. I don't think they're as good as they're hyped up to be either. The Pep factor plays a big part in that.

• Advertisement

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Think that's just where the standard of Bundesliga is at, apart from Bayern. I don't think they're as good as they're hyped up to be either. The Pep factor plays a big part in that.

Bayern couldnt beat Schalke, shows ya what ya need to know about them.

Sheepy99 wrote: »

In general Bundesliga is quite poor, FFP will keep Munich on top as well.

Delighted City won I hope Munich beat Moscow and either Rome win or its a draw would love to see City playing in the Thursday night league do our title push no harm at all. City have the best squad in the PL plain poor management that they are struggling so much.

Another superb performance by Matic tonight, imagine some think Wiltshire is better than him.

In general Bundesliga is quite poor, FFP will keep Munich on top as well.

Delighted City won I hope Munich beat Moscow and either Rome win or its a draw would love to see City playing in the Thursday night league do our title push no harm at all. City have the best squad in the PL plain poor management that they are struggling so much.

I could be wrong but I think that teams on level points are separated by h2h records. In that is the case, for City to drop into the Europa League, both cska and city would need to win.

cska losing and roma getting a win or draw would leave city 4th as cska took 4 points from city

Yea City and Moscow level on 5 points and Moscow in front on head to head so a Munich win and a draw in Rome it is then

I just realised the mistake in what i was proposing, never mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Was happy with how the team played tonite. Although it got a small bit boring in the 2nd half tbh

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Was happy with how the team played tonite. Although it got a small bit boring in the 2nd half tbh

Ill take it.

Boring means we controlled the tempo and managed the game. Thatll stand to guys, its much better than scrapping a 1 goal win where youre running at 90mph for the duration of the 2nd half.

Basically the second half's of the Baggies and Schalke game's were to all intents full contact training matches, whilst it was boring at times it is as Gav says a totally controlled performance. In neither game did either side have a good chance when apparently chasing the game - good to see them have the good sense to conserve energy with a fairly full programme ahead.

Still on we go, Sunderland Saturday should be a tough enough game but we have a bone to pick here.

Basically the second half's of the Baggies and Schalke game's were to all intents full contact training matches, whilst it was boring at times it is as Gav says a totally controlled performance. In neither game did either side have a good chance when apparently chasing the game - good to see them have the good sense to conserve energy with a fairly full programme ahead.

Still on we go, Sunderland Saturday should be a tough enough game but we have a bone to pick here.

Our last game of the season and potential trophy lifter is Sunderland at the Bridge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

So how do ye fancy our chances in the Champions league this year? Obviously It's so far so good in the PL but do we have what it takes to push on and win the CL.
    Do we have the experience to do it?
    Would love to see JT play and win in a final.

weiland79 wrote: »
    So how do ye fancy our chances in the Champions league this year? Obviously It's so far so good in the PL but do we have what it takes to push on and win the CL.
    Do we have the experience to do it?
    Would love to see JT play and win in a final.

I think we're in a group of about 4 clubs who have a good chance of winning it.

Real, Barca, Bayern, Chelsea.

After that you've got Atletico, PSG, Dortmund and a few more who if they get lucky, could get a good run at it, I include City in this group, despite thier huge talent, havent done it in Europe for whatever reason.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

On the basis of Bayern so far in the CL I wouldn't be hugely worried about them. PSG have a lot more about them imo, although it depends which PSG turns up on the night.

In all honesty, Real are the favorites again this year, with Barça close behind them. I don't think Chelsea are quite at their level and we are bound to face one of them, knowing us, Barça in the SF.

On the basis of Bayern so far in the CL I wouldn't be hugely worried about them. PSG have a lot more about them imo, although it depends which PSG turns up on the night.

In all honesty, Real are the favorites again this year, with Barça close behind them. I don't think Chelsea are quite at their level and we are bound to face one of them, knowing us, Barça in the SF.

Our starting XI against any others, I'm pretty confident TBH.

Hoddle mentioned it last night, as a unit, our back 5 is probably the best in the business, collectively anyway.

Throw in Matic and you're facing a daunting back 6 and the 5 in fron of them are pretty special too.

On the night, I wouldnt fear any team in Europe, that being said, I cant imagine any of the big guns would fear us either but they'll respect us. If we want to break a team down we can, we've got the creative flair to do so, if we want to batter a team into submission we can go down that route too, if a team wants to play physical with us well the players we have, a lot of them would love that.

I'm not for a second suggesting we've the most complete or best squad around, far from it, Jose said it better than I can, this team is good but to become great theyve to win things.

Do I reckon this XI and squad is better than the one that won the UCL? Yes, by a considerable distance too.

Do I reckon this XI and squad is better than the one that nearly won the UCL in Moscow?
    Yes.

Will this squad make it to a final?
    Hard to tell, UCL is a very difficult competition to win, hence why in the modern era it has never been defended, that shows the task you face year on year. If that Barca team of 3-5 years ago cant win back to back UCL's its an indication that anything can happen over the two legs.

I'd welcome a big game in the QF, give me a Real, Barca or Bayern, to win the UCL you're going to have to play these teams anyway, might as well see where we stand.

We can definitely win it but I would be a bit worried with Fabregas in centre midfield against Barcelona/Real Madrid from a defensive point of view.

As with any cup competition there is a lot of luck involved in its winning. For me the stand out contenders are Real, Chelsea and PSG.

At the business end of these competitions defences play a major part which is where I think Munich and Barca will fall. As Hullaballoo pointed out PSG are fickle if the business one turns up they are a serious team if the fickle one turns up then they are actually easy enough.

From an attacking aspect we are very good indeed but not in the Madrid class, they have awesome fire power. As a system our defence seems to be coming together there is a weakish link in Cahill but he is still a very good defender. The work ethic of our team is excellent as well and finally our bench is quite strong with Petr, Luis, Zouma, Schurrle, Ram, Remy, Drogba as good a bench as you will find anywhere. Madrid are excellent in attack but a little suspect in defence and certainly suspect goalkeeper that being the case we would certainly be in with a shout

If City can get by Rome they certainly have a squad to do well but not certain they have a manager to do it. Any team with Kompany, Nasri, Silva, Toure and Aguero have a shot with the correct structure and that is the City problem at the moment I feel. So odd as it may seem I would suggest the following order

Madrid,
    Chelsea,
    PSG,
    City,
    Barca,
    Bayern

Johner wrote: »
    We can definitely win it but I would be a bit worried with Fabregas in centre midfield against Barcelona/Real Madrid from a defensive point of view.

Mikel----Matic
    Ramires--Cesc--Hazard

you heard it here first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Barça ?

you guys sound like the BBC , they are a one man team - Messi ...

Neymar....Messi.....Suarez

That troubles any back line in football.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Rakitic--Xavi--Rafinha/Busquets behind them not to be sniffed at. They've a poor defence by any standard but you certainly wouldn't write them out of any match with that attack.

• Advertisement

Neymar over rated by orders of magnitude Messi never scored against us Suarez stick Ivan on him sorted.

Barca are good going forward but they are nowhere near what they were. They are very very suspect in defence for me so I really dont see them winning the CL and will need a good draw to reach the semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »

Oscar----Matic
    Ramires--Cesc--Hazard

you heard it here first :pac:

Close!

Neymar over rated by orders of magnitude

I'd have to respectfully (of course!) disagree with you there. At 22, his career stats have him amongst the best in the world and even ignoring the numbers, he has clear ability in my view.

He might not be as good as his club and country make him out to be but he is a fine fine player.

I'd have to respectfully (of course!) disagree with you there. At 22, his career stats have him amongst the best in the world and even ignoring the numbers, he has clear ability in my view.

He might not be as good as his club and country make him out to be but he is a fine fine player.

His record for Brazil is insane, something like 35 goals in 50 games.

I'll have to Google it to check.

Neymar

60 Brazilian games - 42 goals :eek:

F**k me.

Even the Chelsea Twitter account was at it last night
    The Blues going for goal number four here aware that a 3-0 lead can be a dangerous one in the @ChampionsLeague. #CFCLive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Remember everyone, November is our bad month!

Ah I agree Neymar is a very good player but he is nowhere near the hype that surrounds him. On top of that he plays for Barca......

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Remember everyone, November is our bad month!

Its postponed until December I'd say :o

Get through Sunderland and it will have been 20 games unbeaten in all comps.

Our current record is

Longest sequence of unbeaten matches:

23 games, 23 January 2007 – 28 April 2007
    23 games, 4 April 2009 – 23 September 2009

To beat the record we have to avoid defeat to :

sunderland - A
    Spurs - H
    Newcastle - A
    Sporting Lisbon - H
    Hull - H

If we get to Hull undeafeted it will be game number 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Even the Chelsea Twitter account was at it last night

the gooner butthurt from this is classic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement