Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Panthro wrote: »
    Half five baby! Owww yeah! ( I may be still under the influence)

I have my staff Christmas party tonight. I'll be in the pub a full two hours before everyone arrives for the match! Pissedville here I come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

2:0, the goals in the first 30 minutes, 1 for Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

unchanged
    Team to play Sunderland: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Subs v Sunderland: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Schurrle, Remy, Drogba.

Not really making any clear chances are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Fabregas at fault there for Johnson's chance

What happened there I'm watching in a pub with no sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's 45 mins I will never get back anyway.
    Sunderland are doing a good job at stifling our game, costa walking a fine line too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's 45 mins I will never get back anyway.
    Sunderland are doing a good job at stifling our game, costa walking a fine line too.

Walked well past the line. Lucky for him the ref ignored it.

Kevin friend is truly our friend tonight.

What happened with the ref sending the coaching staff member out of the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

You have to give Gus and Sunderland credit. Two good solid banks of 4 well organised closing down everything. Wicham is a good out ball for him gets them up the pitch. Chelsea creative players have not been as creative as you would have liked. Still the way Sunderland are playing it's hard to do for 90+ Chelsea still to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

We were fairly poor in there in fairness, jose better work his magic in the dressing room . I can see an 0-0 tonite tbh

weiland79 wrote: »
    What happened with the ref sending the coaching staff member out of the park?

From what I can tell he was complaining about one of the many leanient decisions friend had made in Chelsea's favour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Costa is a very lucky boy to still be on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

^^^, cant believe hes still on. Thought he should have seen red for the kick out on JOS. Hes a filthy filthy player

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Sunderland aren't exactly angels but Costa could well have had two reds with a different ref, that said Sunderland could well have being pinged for tugging in the box numerous times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What's that smell ??

Ah yeah 0-0 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

the_monkey wrote: »
    What's that smell ??

Ah yeah 0-0 ...

Won't be long now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Poyet seems to know how to deal with Chelsea.

Just give city the league ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fair play to Sunderland they did a job on us tonight, we just couldn't break them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

^^^, cant believe hes still on. Thought he should have seen red for the kick out on JOS. Hes a filthy filthy player

Hardly a kick out.

Nah ..... Not interested

Sure next weekend it will be a couple points between us and city

Hazard oscar and fab were pure **** tonite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You can't win them all. I think most teams would have struggled the way Sunderland set up. We were a bit one dimensional trying to constantly play through the middle which played into their hands. Credit to them though, it was a hard earned point, they won nearly every 50/50. We looked tired, which is understandable considering Jose has played the same line-up essentially for the last 2 months. The fringe players need to stand up and show something now IMO because we need to rotate a bit with the fixture pile up.

Lukker- wrote: »
    You can't win them all. I think most teams would have struggled the way Sunderland set up. We were a bit one dimensional trying to constantly play through the middle which played into their hands. Credit to them though, it was a hard earned point, they won nearly every 50/50. We looked tired, which is understandable considering Jose has played the same line-up essentially for the last 2 months. The fringe players need to stand up and show something now IMO because we need to rotate a bit with the fixture pile up.

Too right, Andre really needs to show and salah seems to be a lost cause, maybe we missed rami today?
    One things for sure costa was a liability today and it's a good thing in my opinion he'll have a week off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Frustrating match. Some wayward passing at key moments. Distinct lack of sharpness. Trying to play through the middle all the time. Width not used at all. Not the kind of game for Fabregas. Hazard anonymous.

At least we didn't go a goal down. That would have been a knock-out.

Fair play to Sunderland. They toughed it out and earned their point the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sunderland defended well and organised, we were poor.

Poor game really but they the better of the half chances on the break.

Draws probably fair result too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The kind of game we needed Schurrle on earlier, we needed Filipe Luis starting and Fabregas higher up the pitch. It was just a real lack of penetration from the flanks, Azpilicueta occasionally got up in support but he continuously came back in on his right foot (naturally). It's a problem we will need to overcome, though I do think it was simply the wrong fixture at the wrong time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Still unbeaten and last year we would have lost at the end. Bright side still top and unbeaten. A draw tomorrow and no worst off. Just a bad game and Jose will work on breaking down teams for the next time.

We were very narrow too it played into sunderlands hands. Ivan had our best chance, says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Can't comment on the game as I only saw the last 10 min. However, as tough of an afternoon as it was for us, tubbs is right. We are still clear at the top and unbeaten - no matter what happens tomorrow.
    Apparently, a bookie has already paid out on us for the PL. Not sure if that has been discussed here or not already.
    But, I Fcuking hate that. A lot of extra media pressure and couldn't help but think that the team were focusing on the xmas fixtures and took the eye off the ball today, pardon the pun.
    It stinks of complacency again. Although, I'm not too worried with José at the helm.

Tough game against Spurs during the week with no Costa but we should have a more open game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Tough game against Spurs during the week with no Costa but we should have a more open game.
    Please excuse my ignorance, but is he out over yellow cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

cadaliac wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance, but is he out over yellow cards?

Ya hes picked up 5, Automatic 1 game ban :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Misses the game against Spurs. Normally, I'd be upset by this. But Spurs are so shíte this season, it's no harm that he gets a bit of a rest. Remy will do the business there.

But I hate that accumulated yellow card-ban rule. Gets on my fukken nerves so it does.

• Advertisement

Drogba will probably start too. I dont think jose will play Remy. Id prefer Remy for movement but weve to improve ten fold to best Spurs IMO.

We were to predictable and slow and narrow that it was very easy to stop us. Azp and ivan got plenty of ball as youd expect and ivan missed a relative sitter while azp kept cutting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ah, a blip against Sunderland is nothing. They have a system that worked well today. Spurs are tragic. Chelsea will take them out with or without Costa or Remy, IMO.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Ah, a blip against Sunderland is nothing. They have a system that worked well today. Spurs are tragic. Chelsea will take them out with or without Costa or Remy, IMO.

Hopefully. The team do deserve a bollocking after that though they or Jose, they failed to adapt to an obvious game plan and it worked well from Sunderland they deserve credit they played well and deserved a point at least.

We cant win every game so if we come back with a win on Wednesday ill be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DazMarz wrote: »
    Misses the game against Spurs. Normally, I'd be upset by this. But Spurs are so shíte this season, it's no harm that he gets a bit of a rest. Remy will do the business there.

But I hate that accumulated yellow card-ban rule. Gets on my fukken nerves so it does.

Especially when one of those cards was the so-called dive v Burnley :confused:

Ya Spurs really struggled against 10 men in their last 2 games we should have enough for them for sure with an extra day ahead of them an all, hopefully the Toffees give them a tough test 2moro.

We're at home to Spurs ya? Ive seen a few places suggest that we're away and im just making sure im not going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

home Gav

Fair play to SUnderland yesterday. Two lines of 4 or 5 only about 5 yards apart. Hardest game we've had in a long time. But remember, we got one more point than same fixture last season.

• Advertisement

I dont think any team would have beat sunderland the way they played yesterday tbh . Hoping for a southampton win today anyway

Ah the s'oton v city game doesnt really matter to us. If we get our house in order we'll be grand.

It was a tough game and the spurs game will be a different challenge in terms of quality and football played.

Ideally S'oton win or at least draw as City are our immediate long term title rivals.

Utd sneaking up the table aswel, i know we are 11 points clear of them but i reckon they will be fighting for the title at end of season, they wont win it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Lamps again proving he's well past it :(

Killinator wrote: »
    Lamps again proving he's well past it :(

Cesc or Matic for Lamps? The answer is neither would be dropped for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement