Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Every time Munich comes up I get giddy again. It could have been last week I remember it that well. (Actually, there are lots of things from last week I don't remember as well as it.)

That day was huge. Leinster with the biggest ever European Cup winning margin too. I was so messy drunk, I tried to hail an ambulance to get me home.

An ambulance was probably the right job for ya at that stage I'd say :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    An ambulance was probably the right job for ya at that stage I'd say :pac:

No doubt my drunken self knew the reality of the situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

That was some day of sport that was; Championship Play-Off Final, Heineken Cup Final and Champions League Final.

The omen was in too: the favourites for the Play Off and Heineken Cup both won... so the CL Final was always going to be an upset. :P

But yeah. I was in the pub from about 11 in the morning until about 2 the following morning. I was in absolute bit. Bought a bottle of Champagne illegally from the pub's off licence to celebrate Chelsea's win. Was some night. Then the vodka started. Ordered pizza when I got home and re-watched the match on the Sky Plus too.

Was a great night.

I've spoken to 3 spurs fans today, one of them is family, they all expect a close game where the ultimately lose.

I'm not sure how it will pan out, I'd love to win by 3 or 4 but any win will do I suppose, unless Sunderland can somehow stop City winning, it wont be so bad then if we drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've spoken to 3 spurs fans today, one of them is family, they all expect a close game where the ultimately lose.

I'm not sure how it will pan out, I'd love to win by 3 or 4 but any win will do I suppose, unless Sunderland can somehow stop City winning, it wont be so bad then if we drop points.

Id happily take 1-0 with the goal coming in the 93rd minuite lol

Id obviously rather 5-0 but 3 points is the main thing

• Advertisement

Our last 10 league games against Spurs reads

6 wins
    4 draws

17 goals for
    5 goals against

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Id happily take 1-0 with the goal coming in the 93rd minuite lol

Id obviously rather 5-0 but 3 points is the main thing

100%, all about the 3 points.

Last seasons game a side, we really beat them well when we do at the Bridge.

Jose knows its a huge game and hopefully the players are well drilled and are well up for this, draw or lose and a bit of pressure starts to build up and the players may not handle it.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The last time we lost to Spurs at Stamford Bridge, Sinéad O'Connor was top of the charts with Nothing Compares to You. That piece of useless information comes courtesy of BBC Sports.

Chelsea XI vs. Tottenham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Drogba. #CFC

Tottenham XI vs. Chelsea: Lloris; Chiriches, Vertonghen, Fazio, Davies; Bentaleb, Mason; Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane. #THFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The last time we lost to Spurs at Stamford Bridge, Sinéad O'Connor was top of the charts with Nothing Compares to You. That piece of useless information comes courtesy of BBC Sports.

in Feb 1990

Drogbas hold up play is still excellent. Hes got no pace but hes a threat in the air. If he can bring in those around him ill be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Would have been happier to see Remy starting to be honest, Drogba has been decent coming off the bench but he's not at the required level to start, hope he proves me wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

What's the problem with Remy? Thought he looked good for us for the 12 minutes I've seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Is there a match thread?

Is there a match thread?

Its in the suppprters group. I put a link in a few posts back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Drogba came into the team for a big game away to United and you could say he justified his selection that day. I don't think much of him as a player these days but his attitude seems to be spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone got a reliable half decent stream?
    PM appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Anyone with a decent quality stream? **** streams do my head in! Would also appreciate a PM, cheers lads, Come on Chels

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭valc

also looking for a live stream please...........

valc

• Advertisement

Lads got a HQ stream PM me if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Criminal decision to start Drogba against a top team. Can see us dominating possession and stats again but no end product unless Hazard gives us some impetus.

Spurs 2-0 and we miss a penalty

Should be at least 1 down here, shocking stuff.

Spurs with the better chances so far. Kane causing all sorts of problems.

Fab needed to blast that, Not place it.

What a goal! Hazard!!!!

Chelsea Legend linking up with future Chelsea legend. Get in.

1-0 Sunderland.

And City score straight away.

• Advertisement

Yesssss Drogba! Nice one Lloris. :)

Drogba!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sweet just tuned in as Drogba scored. Was not looking forward to a 1-0 scrapy nail biter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Criminal decision to start Drogba against a top team. Can see us dominating possession and stats again but no end product unless Hazard gives us some impetus.

lol

Remy on for the second half from the looks of things. Decent half in the end after a shakey enough start. Can't right Spurs off at this stage, if they get one early second half it's game on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Sorry where is the match thread ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Matic suspended for Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

City 3:1 up. Turning into a two horse race already.

Just class from Remy.

Johner wrote: »
    Just class from Remy.

Ya hes class. Brilliant strength and composure.

• Advertisement

Remy joining the party haha love it!!

Nothing says your housemate has work in the morning other then bringing on John Obi Mikel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cmon, willian for a goal just to piss them off more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

You're an awful pessimist aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

BOOMBOOMBOOM we love playing spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Decent win.

Saw city were down 1 nil at some stage. Was gutted when i saw 4-1 ha

Was good to see Zouma have a solid 45 mins too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone think Mikel for Matic at the weekend ? Would that be enough to replace what Matic does, or would Ramires be needed too

Anyone think Mikel for Matic at the weekend ? Would that be enough to replace what Matic does, or would Ramires be needed too

Id prefer Ramires anyway but Mikel will sit in better and allow Cesc to play advanced.

Chelsea have kept 22 clean sheets in 44 London derbies under Mourinho in the Premier League. Scoring 88 goals.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement