Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Happy Spurs silver anniversary 25 years since they won in the league at the Bridge. Spurs the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy Spurs silver anniversary 25 years since they won in the league at the Bridge. Spurs the gift that keeps on giving.

We should bring out a DVD :pac: :D

Hope Remy gets the start in the CL next week I really do like the cut of his jib that was an excellent goal tonight. I am so glad Liverpool passed him up to hold out for Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Why wont matic be playing at weekend? 5 yellows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Why wont matic be playing at weekend? 5 yellows?

aye. Cesc is only 1 off as well, would nearly like him against Hull on the 13th and miss the league cup game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Win against Newcastle and its a huge step. City have hit form...

Win against Newcastle and its a huge step. City have hit form...

We will win against newcastle, we should win anyway.

Take aguero from that city team and theyre nothing special?

Hes got nearly 50% of their goals. Thats huge.

Aguero is a fantastic player take him from any side and you would miss him, he does carry City a lot though.

So what were the thoughts on Zouma last night, I thought he was excellent. Puts those daft Zouma to be loaned reports in their place as well we simply dont have enough defenders.

• Advertisement

Aguero is a fantastic player take him from any side and you would miss him, he does carry City a lot though.

So what were the thoughts on Zouma last night, I thought he was excellent. Puts those daft Zouma to be loaned reports in their place as well we simply dont have enough defenders.

Cahill had a few dodgy moments last night, let Kane go for the header against the bar and also let Kane take the ball off him moments later and again nearly costing us a goal.

Zouma was solid, his first tackle was a good one after about a minute and he defended well with what he had to do, in truth it wasnt much, JT got a better hold of Kane in the 2nd half and Zouma cleared and chased anything that was into the channels.

I'd be very confident in Zouma and JT but take JT out of the back line and it starts to look a bit weak.

Whats also good to see is we've now got 3 clean sheets in a row in the EPL and 4 in a row overall, 5-0 Schalke.

Thats good for the defence and also Courtois who by my count now has 6 clean sheets in the EPL, including the one against Arsenal.

Heres a stat for you sports fans

Remy has scored the same amount of goals in 170mins of EPL action as the entire LFC forward line have in 1567mins.

:eek:

Dont know how or why the deal was called off but it looks like we've got a decent player on our hands for a cheao enough outlay, hes the player Ba could have been.

Some fellas step up at the bigger clubs, Ba unfortunately didnt do it consistently enough, IMO.

Why did zouma come on ? Was it like a defensive change or was there an injury?

Why did zouma come on ? Was it like a defensive change or was there an injury?

Cahill clashed heads with Vertonghen and was down for about a minute, he was taken off at HT but Jose said hes ok.

He said it was because Cahill was afraid of heading the ball, or something along those lines, although, Cahill was having a bit of a nightmare and I think it was a bit of an injury and also to protect him from himself, Kane done well for Spurs.

I wonder will he up sticks and leave after a year or two if a big team comes in for him, he has a long was to go before that happens though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Dunno it's Jose's bogey ground ...

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Dunno it's Jose's bogey ground ...

Newcastles form has dipped a small bit in the last few games.

These kind of games, where you play 3 games in a week is what makes and defines sides so we've to really turn up and perform.

Also a stat on Hazard, all of his last 10 league goals have come at home, hopefully a change in fortune is due this weekend.

Theres some chatter about Jose, JT and Hazard getting extended deals.

It all comes from the rags but a few twitter accounts picking it up now too.

That would be nice, especailly for JT whos really played his way to another extension already IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »

That would be nice, especailly for JT whos really played his way to another extension already IMO.

TSHO also mentioned an extension for Haz as well apparently according to WAGNH

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/12/3/7327033/eden-hazard-chelsea-fc-contract-extension-update

TSHO also mentioned an extension for Haz as well apparently according to WAGNH

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/12/3/7327033/eden-hazard-chelsea-fc-contract-extension-update

He does deserve it, if he wants it that is.

If he works on his finishing over the coming months he'll be lethal.

He does deserve it, if he wants it that is.

If he works on his finishing over the coming months he'll be lethal.

Last nights is the sort of finishes he really needs to start pulling off more, he gets in those areas free a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Last nights is the sort of finishes he really needs to start pulling off more, he gets in those areas free a lot

Yup. Needs to blast it more, and I think he tends to delay on the ball, check his options and then shoot, which leads to his shot getting blocked.

In general his decision making outside the box, should he dribble or pass is spot on and hes usually making the right call but I dont think hes got the natural goal instinct of say a Robben whos a better shot, or Ribery whos a good finisher or Sanchez who takes up excellent positions, all of it can be worked on as hes got the pace, dribbling ability and trickery that well destroy a FB or defensive line at ease the finishing is a let down though, like the 1 on 1 against Utd, granted Drogba buried the header from the corner but Hazard should have finished it, De Gea gambled on the right hand side and made a good save.

Be absolutely great, he's a true Chelsea legend - not like that turncoat Lampard.

Be absolutely great, he's a true Chelsea legend - not like that turncoat Lampard.

he's more of a pushed coat than a turncoat. if he was offered a new deal he would have stayed

As far as I know, Lamps, Cole and JT were all offered new 1 year deals at reduced wages, something about 50% of their original deals.

Which would put Frank at about 75K a week, Cole about 60K and JT 85K a week.

Now, I'm not 100% if NY would pay Frank similar or more money same with Roma and Cole so take from it waht you want.

he's more of a pushed coat than a turncoat. if he was offered a new deal he would have stayed

I think they all were but at reduced wages, if you can get money elsewhere you'd be off too I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

You've had a lot of questionable posts in the past but that takes the biscuit. Blasphemy.

So....the weekend, Matic is out, what do we do? Mikel or Ramires?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd say Mikel and get Cesc playing a bit more forward in his passing to make up for Mikel's ability to only pass sideways or back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hopefully Ramires, I don't think playing Mikel from the start is a great idea... So long as Oscar plays a more disciplined role than normal himself Cesc and Ram should be fine in midfield I think...

• Advertisement

Ramires has a lot more ability to get around the midfield but Mikel is a better defensive shield.

I'd say it will be Mikel and Cesc and Ramires coming on to see out the game if we're in the lead or alternatively, coming on for Mikel if we need more leg room and chasing a game.

I'd love someday to see a midfield of

Cesc Oscar
    Schurrle Willian Hazard

But its never going to happen.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Has anyone ever watched Mikel play for Nigeria? He plays a very attacking role in the midfield for them, nothing like what he does at Chelsea. Makes me think he's being told to do what he does here rather than being poor in attack. We saw a glimpse of his Nigeria style of play with that class back-heal against Everton.

I'm not saying he'll ever be deployed like he is for Nigeria but I just wonder could he be told to be more attack-minded on Saturday vs. Newcastle to any great effect? I suppose on the other hand, he is prone to losing the ball if he tries too much with it. Matic really has him trumped in most aspects of his play.

I'd assume that we'll be starting Mikel on Saturday anyway because I wouldn't trust a combo of Fab/Ram or even Fab/Oscar to protect the back four. Fabregas cannot tackle, it is the weakest part of his game. Oscar can tackle but he often mis-times them and could end up picking up an early yellow, effectively removing him from playing a meaningful protective role. Rambo is Rambo. A sure-fire red card when he slides in. Despite his athleticism, he gets pushed around too easily as well so he'd be nothing more than a slight annoyance to Newcastle's attack if they get going.

I suspect quite a boring keep-ball show on Saturday from our perspective. (That said, if Newcastle defend the way they have done so far this season, Costa could still bag a couple.)

It'll be Mikel, 100%.

Newcastle are like Spurs, you never know whats going to turn up on the day.

I still maintain it'll be where we pick up our 1st loss of the season, dont know why though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I wouldn't care what Lampard does from here on out. That man, more than any other player in my history of watching Chelsea Football Club, is one of the greatest legends the club has ever had.

Highest goalscorer the club has ever had.

Captained the side to its first ever Champions League victory.

Scored more crucial, vital goals than I care to remember.

Gave his life and soul to the club for the 13 years he was there.

The only midfielder in the history of the Premier League to score in excess of 150 goals.

Three-time Chelsea Player of the Year.

648 appearances for the club, 211 goals.

3 Premier League medals, 4 FA Cup medals, 2 League Cup medals, 2 Community Shields, a UEFA Champions League winner's medal, UEFA Europa League winner's medal.

The best £11,000,000 the club ever spent. The man, the legend. The man who's name will long be revered at the club, no matter how many other flash players come and go.

Super Frankie Lampard.

DazMarz wrote: »
    I wouldn't care what Lampard does from here on out. That man, more than any other player in my history of watching Chelsea Football Club, is one of the greatest legends the club has ever had.

Highest goalscorer the club has ever had.

Captained the side to its first ever Champions League victory.

Scored more crucial, vital goals than I care to remember.

Gave his life and soul to the club for the 13 years he was there.

The only midfielder in the history of the Premier League to score in excess of 150 goals.

Three-time Chelsea Player of the Year.

648 appearances for the club, 211 goals.

3 Premier League medals, 4 FA Cup medals, 2 League Cup medals, 2 Community Shields, a UEFA Champions League winner's medal, UEFA Europa League winner's medal.

The best £11,000,000 the club ever spent. The man, the legend. The man who's name will long be revered at the club, no matter how many other flash players come and go.

Super Frankie Lampard.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

+1
    +2 , Legend the best midfielder ever in the Premier League.

Jose said, he'll have a statue made for him, he should anyway :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Jose said, he'll have a statue made for him, he should anyway :mad:

We still haven't got a Zola statue yet, we're lagging behind!

Killinator wrote: »
    We still haven't got a Zola statue yet, we're lagging behind!

Or Chopper Harris but I guess "Ossies"!! ashes are buried under the Shed peno spot.

• Advertisement

Or Chopper Harris but I guess his ashes are buried under the Shed peno spot.

I hope he knows, hes still alive :pac:

I hope he knows, hes still alive :pac:

:eek::eek::eek: Oh my christ post edited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Don't feed the tro... monkey....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

spare a thought for the brave souls getting the 4:45am bus to newcastle from stamford bridge tomorrow morning

• Advertisement

You've had a lot of questionable posts in the past but that takes the biscuit. Blasphemy.

Sorry, but I can't get over him celebrating goals for city ..

peteeeed wrote: »
    spare a thought for the brave souls getting the 4:45am bus to newcastle from stamford bridge tomorrow morning

In this day and age would they not get a plane, especially from London to Newcastle which is what 300 miles, a good 5/6 hours on a bus

Lamps is a professional footballer, we did not offer him what he wanted and someone else did for me he left well and the best of luck to him.

Some people leave the club very well such as Lamps, Ash and previously Dan Petrescu. People who could have left better were Gus Poyet and the worst of the lot Gordon Durie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Sorry, but I can't get over him celebrating goals for city ..

When you do something good in your job do you refuse to celebrate out of respect for your former employer? Lampard did something very important in his new job. He's more than entitled to celebrate.

Just because he celebrates a few times at Man City doesn't mean we should forget all the times he celebrated at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea twelve pubs a Xmas? Ara yeahhhh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement