Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

peteeeed wrote: »
    agreed and he looked really good against spurs

He's looked good all season imo. If he didn't get injured scoring the goal against Maribor he would have got a hattrick imo.

Such a contrast to last season, we have three strikers who can find the back of the net when called upon. Home or away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Remys only problem is hes 3rd choice CF.

And not really considered for a wide role.

Next season he should be 2nd choice but given an even chance he should out score Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Remys only problem is hes 3rd choice CF.

And not really considered for a wide role.

Next season he should be 2nd choice but given an even chance he should out score Drogba.

i think the form of drogba has taken everyone by surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Didier has what? 6 goals? Thats unreal for the role hes played.

Hes only started 5 times

Drogba still has a decent amount to offer the team when used correctly, its good to see as well.

Drogba still has a decent amount to offer the team when used correctly, its good to see as well.

Obviously this cant be proven, but I dont think he would be as good at any other club at this stage of his career.

The man is blue.

Obviously this cant be proven, but I dont think he would be as good at any other club at this stage of his career.

The man is blue.

Lampard....... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Lampard....... :o

He's still wearing a shade of blue so he's still performing :D

Killinator wrote: »
    He's still wearing a shade of blue so he's still performing :D

the wrong shade :pac:

Although I'd have preferred him or Ramires over Mikel against Newcastle. :mad:

The sooner hes gone the better.

• Advertisement

So team for tomorrow, if I was to guess,

Cech
    Azp Cahill Zouma Luis
    Cesc Ake
    Ramires Salah Schurrle
    Costa

Courtois
    Ivan
    Matic Brown RLC
    Remy Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

So team for tomorrow, if I was to guess,

Cech
    Azp Cahill Zouma Luis
    Cesc Ake
    Ramires Salah Schurrle
    Costa

Courtois
    Ivan
    Matic Brown RLC
    Remy Drogba

Is Loftus Cheek not playing?

Is Loftus Cheek not playing?

Hes going play some part Jose said.

Ive him on the bench as RLC :)

1 down 3 left in the UCL.

....English clubs that is. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Potential opponents so in UCL; Leverkusen,Basel,Juventus,Shaktar,(PSG or Barca),(Roma or CSKA or null if City qualify).

• Advertisement

A lot of tricky clubs.

Its going to be a very tough draw. Avoid Juve and PSG or Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It is potential trips to Ukraine or Russia before league games isn't very welcoming either :(

It is potential trips to Ukraine or Russia before league games isn't very welcoming either :(

Nah, neither are great but ive a feeling itll be psg or barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The match is on Sky 1 tonight for anyone that doesn't have Sky Sports. Looking forward to a stress free game!

Johner wrote: »
    The match is on Sky 1 tonight for anyone that doesn't have Sky Sports. Looking forward to a stress free game!

Depending on the team selected, I'll probably spend the night flicking back to see how City are doing, much more important game and will probably be better.

That being said, if RLC, Ake, Baker, Solanke or the like start (unlikely) then I'll stay watching us, as ya said, its a dead rubber for us but Sporting need to win to make sure they finish 2nd, if they lose or draw and Schalke win, they could finish 3rd so they'll be well up for it.

Hoping to see youth plus experience and also for Costa to bag a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd rather see Costa some on in the 60min mark, then score a goal. Can't be taking chances on the man, plus Remy is well able.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd rather see Costa some on in the 60min mark, then score a goal. Can't be taking chances on the man, plus Remy is well able.

Jose said hes starting, probably to try and get his condition and confidence back up.

Bag a goal put in a performance and we're set up well for Hull.

Depending on the team selected, I'll probably spend the night flicking back to see how City are doing, much more important game and will probably be better.

That being said, if RLC, Ake, Baker, Solanke or the like start (unlikely) then I'll stay watching us, as ya said, its a dead rubber for us but Sporting need to win to make sure they finish 2nd, if they lose or draw and Schalke win, they could finish 3rd so they'll be well up for it.

Hoping to see youth plus experience and also for Costa to bag a goal.

Brown , solanke, Christiansen , boga have all stared for the U-19's against Lisbon

U-19's 3-0 up at HT , 2 for boga

Brown , solanke, Christiansen , boga have all stared for the U-19's against Lisbon

That rules out any of them so :o

U19s 4-0 Solanke has his 2nd.

Boga went off

U19s 4-0 Solanke has his 2nd.

Boga went off

5-0 solanke hattrick

5-0 solanke hattrick

Great news for the young lad :)

6-0 musanda with a screamer

I'd take a 3rd of those goals tonight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

How do you guys rate zouma? Chelsea have been class at the back but I don't think youve great depth, mistaken?

How do you guys rate zouma? Chelsea have been class at the back but I don't think youve great depth, mistaken?

Great prospect , will play tonight , really good in the air

I dont rate Cahill and hes made to look better than he is when playing next to Terry.

When Terry hangs up the boots are becomes a liability we'll need a good commanding CB or else we could be in trouble, I dont think Cahill is the answer anyway.

I'd prefer Zouma but hes relatively unproven at the highest level bar a few minutes here and there, if he plays well tonight I'd drop Cahill for Hull as its an easyish game on paper to see what hes made of, I thought Cahill was suspect against Sours and dreadful against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Sideshow is happy he left Chelsea

http://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/im-happy-i-left-chelsea-says-cheeky-ex-blue?

Well much as I have to say I liked him at about ST£50m to be honest we are happy too

Not much in those quotes really, he was hardly going to say he was devasted he left :pac:

Joining PSG is like joining Celtic, but on a larger scale, you're going to get a league medal every year for the foreseeable future and get a good run in Europe, PSG have a very good team and will be looking to go far in the UCL this year and I'd reckon they'll win it faster than City.

Also, I'd still prefer Luiz at CB than Cahill :pac:

At least you'll get entertainment out of Luiz if he does f**k up and his on the ball ability is better than the entire defence combined, for Cahill to stay long term I demand he grows a Luiz barnet.

I thought Cahill was mightily impressive in the last 3-4 months of last season to be honest, but he has had a sluggish enough start to this season, similar to how he started last season.

There arent many better centre-halves in the league than him it must be said, but thats not saying Cahill is very good either.

The amount of players that are better than Cahill you could probably count on one hand, fortunately we have one of them in JT.

Others include Kosclieny, Kompany, after that you're finding players of similar or less ability.

It shows the lack of top class CBs not just in thsi league but world wide, ther simply isnt many around.

• Advertisement

The amount of players that are better than Cahill you could probably count on one hand, fortunately we have one of them in JT.

Others include Kosclieny, Kompany, after that you're finding players of similar or less ability.

It shows the lack of top class CBs not just in thsi league but world wide, ther simply isnt many around.

Im not sure the art of defending is being coached much to be honest, coaching has changed and is focused on developing technical abilities rather than developing defensive awareness.

Im not sure the art of defending is being coached much to be honest, coaching has changed and is focused on developing technical abilities rather than developing defensive awareness.

Emphasis is more on the solidity of the defensive unit than the individual in the setup.

If you can coach a back 4 to be well drilled and clued in, they dont have to be world beaters but they do require a lot of help from those in front of them if they're anyway suspect.

Which is why even the very best teams would struggle against Real or Barca, it has to be a team effort, you cant have a guy doing a McGrath WC 94 and hoping he alone keeps out the attacking threat, its not that simple anymore.

Team is

Cech
    Azp Zouma Cahill Luis
    Mikel Matic
    Schurrle Cesc Salah
    Costa

Cesc #10 role....... :D

Bench :

Beeney
    Ivan
    Ramires RLC
    Oscar Remy
    Drogba

So....a day for the academy has only 2 of them playing, both from the bench :pac:

Team is

Cech
    Azp Zouma Cahill Luis
    Mikel Matic
    Schurrle Cesc Salah
    Costa

Cesc #10 role....... :D

Dont know why we need to play both Mikel and Matic... surely Ramires could have played instead of one of them.

• Advertisement

Dont know why we need to play both Mikel and Matic... surely Ramires could have played instead of one of them.

Ya, should have played over the poison that is Mikel

Ya, should have played over the poison that is Mikel

Not that Mikel is poor, its that its two defensive minded midfielders... we should never be playing two defensive minded midfielders in a fixture like this

Mikel offers nothing that Matic cant do on his own

Schurrle needs a big game..salah too

Great start, penalty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement