Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Liverpool fans must be delighted he has ruled out returning to England.

If you fail to learn from your mistakes you are bound to repeat them

This is brilliant from the Gruniard imagine we have no history ha ha. Thank God for Frederick Parker not getting upset by being bitten by a dog.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/dec/18/chelseas-stamford-bridge-then-and-now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Clicking on the then pictures to reveal the now is excellent actually, good link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is brilliant from the Gruniard imagine we have no history ha ha. Thank God for Frederick Parker not getting upset by being bitten by a dog.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/dec/18/chelseas-stamford-bridge-then-and-now

some amazing photos there.

greendom wrote: »
    some amazing photos there.

Its always good to look back on the old photos to get a sense of what the old grounds and land they occupied used to be like.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its always good to look back on the old photos to get a sense of what the old grounds and land they occupied used to be like.

It is interesting to look over the old stuff like that, love things like the old boards which showed the half time scores in other games (was printed in the programme which letter referred to which game was normally the First Division and then all the other London sides in lower divisions). No fotmob there :D

Last Saturday was at the Hull game and took along my brother in law, he for his sins is a Man United supporter but had the good grace to take me to my first ever Chelsea game in 1970 when I was a mere slip of a lad a 2-2 draw with Southampton. I think the last time he would have been at the Bridge would have been 1972 when we beat Leeds 4-0 (was my birthday what a prezzie).

He was more than a little taken with the ground it had changed just a tad as you can imagine.

Ya, I can imagine the changes were pretty startling, especailly in the surronding area.

I have a buddy whos a Spurs fan and he lived in London for over a year, he was about 10/15mins from the Bridge and never realised it until he cycled past it one day, he also says given its location, its one of the easier to get to grounds in London, he was always moaning about getting out to the Lane, even from his place in London :pac:

I suppose we are lucky as travelling fans that the Briddge is on one of the main tube lines that connects the busiest airport, handy for day trips, expensive, but handy.

And Knightsbridge, Belgravia just around the corner it really is a great location, never been to the new Arsenal ground but the last one was easy enough get to as well. Always found South London grounds poorly served by transport used to feel I aged terribly after a trot to Charlton or Palace.

Looks like Reus might need a transfer soon, that is some speeding / driving without a licence fine if true. I think a taxi would have been cheaper.......

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/12/man-utd-chelsea-arsenal-target-marco-reus-fined-427000-driving-without-licence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

Would love to see him at Chelsea with London traffic you really don't need a car at all.

• Advertisement

It doesnt stop fellas crashing their ferraris and lambos around Knightbridge, he'll fit right in with the young yobos racing their rather expensive toys :pac:

These are supposed new jerseys for us although nothing is certain as we have yet to finalise the deal with Turkish Airlines.

chelsea-15-16-home-kit.jpg
    chelsea-15-16-away-kit.jpg
    chelsea-15-16-third-kit.jpg

I like the home one, if its anything close to that design of course.

Tickets for sale
    First time I've ever bought tickets with no intention of going to a game. Bought Watford tickets this morning for 5 loyalty points to make sure I get Man City ticket in January.
    So I've two Watford tickets at £30 each if anyone is looking. Row 4 in the West Lower so they're pretty good seats.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93491085&postcount=293

Its also very possible that by the time we play on Monday, City will have jumped us, I think we're 2 or 3 goals better off, so if they win well on Saturday they'll be top by the time we play Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Its also very possible that by the time we play on Monday, City will have jumped us, I think we're 2 or 3 goals better off, so if they win well on Saturday they'll be top by the time we play Monday

christ ...it's beginning ..

the_monkey wrote: »
    christ ...it's beginning ..

City are at home to Palace, they'll win by about 3 or 4 I'd say.

We're 3 points up and 4 goals better off, if City win by 4 clear goals they'll go top on goals scored.

I've no doubt we'l be 2nd by Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

A lot of twitter talk of Hazard agreeing or close to agreeing a new long term deal.

A lot of twitter talk of Hazard agreeing or close to agreeing a new long term deal.

Its only a matter of time I'd imagine.

Rightfully so too.

• Advertisement

Anybody hear anything from the presser?

Probably feck all mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

press conf

jose: Christmas fixtures are difficult - three away games and a home London derby, but we are ready for them.

teams with a 10 point difference from top of the table are in title race, and those with a few more than 10 still can be

if you want to win competitions you have to play best teams, and it is normal to play a semi-final v a team like Liverpool.

he has never been worried over whether Eden Hazard signs a new contract & says the player can be one of the Chelsea greats

the team played well in the last season's game at Stoke but made individual mistakes that cost them the game

the team this season has the qualities to adapt to how Stoke play.

Kurt Zouma is fine and available for the Stoke game and he expects Didier Drogba to be recovered in time too.

Stoke's Bojan is a very dangerous player who is adapting well to the Premier League, which is not easy for a striker.

he can't confirm 100 per cent that Thibaut Courtois will be fit for Stoke but he thinks he will.

Stoke have important base of success Pulis gave them and Hughes has brought his own ideas and players with different style.

Capital 1 cup dates are

Tuesday 20th and Tuesday 27th

Still top on goal difference :o

......just

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not enjoying this wait until Monday!

Ya its terrible alright. Not confident either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

While it won't be an easy match, there's no reason why a full strength team shouldn't put in a strong performance. If we're going to win the league, we're going to have to be up for the holiday season glut, and keep our noses ahead of City.

I'm going for a one-goal victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    What team do ye reckon Jose will have out?

Strong as possible :pac:

Not confident though but im going to say

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Mikel Matic
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Going for a double screen of Mikel/Matic at Oscars expense.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd drop points.

Winning would be big tomorrow open up a gap between the chasing crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd drop points.

Winning would be big tomorrow open up a gap between the chasing crowd.
    Even at the halfway stage, it has to be down to ourselves and City. Too many other 'contenders' are dropping too many points. I'd see the top two pulling away even further through January, before attentions turn again to the UCL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Strong as possible :pac:

Not confident though but im going to say

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Mikel Matic
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Going for a double screen of Mikel/Matic at Oscars expense.

Hope Oscar starts, we need to go there and put them under pressure from the off.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hope Oscar starts, we need to go there and put them under pressure from the off.

Well its a huge game anyway.

We need to go there and show huge character to beat Stoke.

It wont be an easy game at all though i reckon we'll draw dont know why.

McDave wrote: »
    Even at the halfway stage, it has to be down to ourselves and City. Too many other 'contenders' are dropping too many points. I'd see the top two pulling away even further through January, before attentions turn again to the UCL.

Yeah its between us and City imo, United are much more prone to a slip up than either us or City, they'll drop more points silly points than either of us. I think the top 3 is nailed on, us and City clear of United with them a good way clear of 4th. That 4th spot is up for grabs though.

Have a good feeling about tomorrow, last season was our only defeat against Stoke in a long time.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah its between us and City imo, United are much more prone to a slip up than either us or City, they'll drop more points silly points than either of us. I think the top 3 is nailed on, us and City clear of United with them a good way clear of 4th. That 4th spot is up for grabs though.

Ya i think utd and van gaal will be a huge force next year. If they go another run they could easily play themselves into contention but i think its us and city, then Utd, 4th will be tight but ya have to fancy arsenal with their squad and experience

Johner wrote: »
    Have a good feeling about tomorrow, last season was our only defeat against Stoke in a long time.

Im not confident but id love a win. Keep the gap up and put in a good shift as weve a few tough games coming up. Southampton and west ham too

With MArk Hughes thinking we can win 4 trophies and Owen Harvgreas saying we're like Utds 99 treble team....I'm still not confident tonight.

We'll need to match them in the battle and also try impose our own game on them, big games needed from everyone, go 3 clear of City again and hopefully 10 clear of Utd.

Some stats before the game tonight.

Chelsea have lost only one of their last 19 Premier League games played on a Monday (W11 D7 L1) while Stoke are unbeaten in their last six Premier League games played on a Monday (W2 D4).

Eden Hazard has made more successful passes in the attacking third than any other Premier League player this season (450).

Hazard has not scored a Premier League goal away from home since January 11, with his last 11 goals in the competition all coming at Stamford Bridge.

Stoke City have conceded a goal in each of their last 10 Premier League games; the longest run without a clean sheet in the competition this season

• Advertisement

Don't have any strong views on Stoke just another team, though they were a great source of disappointment when they beat us in the 1972 league cup final. This is the sort of team we should beat handy enough of we are going to win the league and that is what I expect this evening.

Don't have any strong views on Stoke just another team, though they were a great source of disappointment when they beat us in the 1972 league cup final. This is the sort of team we should beat handy enough of we are going to win the league and that is what I expect this evening.

They were 3-0 against Arsenal recently playing excellent football, theyre well capable, they also beat City at the Etihad earlier this year, theyre no mugs on the day.

I think if anything, it'll be us that will have to be very physical early in the game.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ramires in from start either tonight, he has a tendency to play these type of games from wide right.

I do agree though, if we want to win the title we have to beat them but I wouldnt say handy, I'd take a scrappy 1-0, 1-2 right now, anything for the 3 points, a loss puts us below City on GD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

It will be a battle, but one that we must take at least 1 point from. They will up their game for us but minimum is a point for us tonight.
    I'd expect a point and hope for 3.

One thing thats rightly pi**ing me off is that with no team playing at 5:30 on Sturday we end up playing on Monday night with 3days to recover for a boxing day game while city have over 5 days after playing early on Saturday.

There should be no Monday night games when you're playing on the 26th and 28th and 1st Jan.

Its a joke of a call from Sky and one which could cost us in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

If Chelsea lose 1-0 tonight – who goes top ??:pac:

Barr wrote: »
    If Chelsea lose 1-0 tonight – who goes top ??:pac:

If we lose 1-0 everything is square and I think we'd stay top due to alphabetical order, open to correction though.

Not sure how its decided if after 38 games teams have same points, GD and goals scored.

• Advertisement

If we lose 1-0 everything is square and I think we'd stay top due to alphabetical order, open to correction though.

Not sure how its decided if after 38 games teams have same points, GD and goals scored.

Correct .. if it was the end of season it would go to a play off .. that would be some craic !

Correct .. if it was the end of season it would go to a play off .. that would be some craic !

2 legged play off or one off game at Wembley or something?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

One thing thats rightly pi**ing me off is that with no team playing at 5:30 on Sturday we end up playing on Monday night with 3days to recover for a boxing day game while city have over 5 days after playing early on Saturday.

There should be no Monday night games when you're playing on the 26th and 28th and 1st Jan.

Its a joke of a call from Sky and one which could cost us in the long run.

Was just about to post something about this. This time last month was the last time we didn't play a midweek a game aswell as the weekend and thats because it was an International break. The last time we had a full weeks rest from one Premiership game to another was when we played Arsenal and then Palace at the start of October.

Then, in the Christmas period, we get the late game Monday, Early game Stephens day and then the early game again 2 days later.

Why couldn't we have played at 4 yesterday and have Liverpool Arsenal tonight, seeing as Arsenal have the late game Stephens day and Liverpool don't play New Years day they play the day after.

2 legged play off or one off game at Wembley or something?

:pac:

You have me there , I don't know :D

I would hope its over two legs , would be a fairer ending to the season.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Was just about to post something about this. This time last month was the last time we didn't play a midweek a game aswell as the weekend and thats because it was an International break. The last time we had a full weeks rest from one Premiership game to another was when we played Arsenal and then Palace at the start of October.

Then, in the Christmas period, we get the late game Monday, Early game Stephens day and then the early game again 2 days later.

Why couldn't we have played at 4 yesterday and have Liverpool Arsenal tonight, seeing as Arsenal have the late game Stephens day and Liverpool don't play New Years day they play the day after.

That makes sense too but during the festive season games should be played Saturday/Sunday and over 2 days max, not having such a big gap between 2nd playing 56hrs before 1st and thus getting about 65+ hrs more rest as both play on the 26th.

Its very annoying.
    You have me there , I don't know :D

I would hope its over two legs , would be a fairer ending to the season.

One off game I'd prefer still though, the chances of that happening are very very very very very slim

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement