Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Panthro wrote: »
    Wonder will Cesc's arrival have a positive effect on Torres?
    (and yes, bitches be hopeful! :D )

I do love your eternal optimism :)

I would prefer Torres to go .... anywhere at all just go but I fear we are stuck with him for 2 more seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I would prefer Torres to go .... anywhere at all just go but I fear we are stuck with him for 2 more seasons.

At least he isnt biting people and hes winning titles.
    Torres = Role Model. :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At least he isnt biting people and hes winning titles.
    Torres = Role Model. :pac:

That is very true he has his snack box at home

I suppose it would be nice to have him around to collect his PL medal next season to complete the set, ok you have convinced me lets keep him.

Off to Hungary in August to open the new Ferencvaros stadium.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3929980/title/ferencvaros-friendly-announced?

Nice honour really ..... some people could not be sent to Hungary it could be dangerous........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Highlights Lukaku's cr@p movement
    https://mediacru.sh/8man9IkKlqMg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

1 CF, keep Lukaku, sell Torres/Ba, sorted.
    1 LB,

Celebrate in May.

Less of that craic.
    If we're home and dry having 4 games left and being 11 clear, then we can go on like that.
    Until then let's try to be cautious :pac:

He's our Nikola Žigić :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    He's our Nikola Žigić :p

Or our new Winston Bogarde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

This is Torres' year.
    You read it here first.
    20 goals this season, yeahhh babyyy

This is Torres' year.
    You read it here first.
    20 goals this season, yeahhh babyyy

If he scores 2 goals and we win the league I wouldnt give a bo**ocks. :pac:

• Advertisement

We need to have faith ( in case Costa doest arrive and we're stuck looking at Nando's sorry ass face)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Phoenix wrote: »
    What about the young guy from Lille Origi?

On his way to liverpool apparently

Weve enough Belgians :pac: if we can play the one we have upfront id settle for him.

Weve enough Belgians :pac: if we can play the one we have upfront id settle for him.

Such waffle. ( get it, Belgium waffle?.. No?.... I'll get me coat)
    We've probably Costa, Torres ba. be grand.

Such waffle. ( get it, Belgium waffle?.. No?.... I'll get me coat)
    We've probably Costa, Torres ba. be grand.

Worse......joke.......ever.

TBH we should sign Messi or Suarez. He'd be hated even more if he was a devil from SW6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I assume he still hasnt signed on for Bayern so yet no?

Kroos, Matic, Cesc.

/Drool

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

That article is pure sh*t, says he burst on the scene, which he did but also said hes a 24 year old. :pac:

Hes only 18/19, not many 24 year olds burst on to the scene :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

duploelabs wrote: »

No room for him as Matic and Fab will be our main midfield, and cant see Jose using a 3 man midfield. Plus not a Jose type player, not defenisve or hard-working.
    Would love him but just cant see where or how he would fit in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

No room for him as Matic and Fab will be our main midfield, and cant see Jose using a 3 man midfield. Plus not a Jose type player, not defenisve or hard-working.
    Would love him but just cant see where or how he would fit in

I'd say he's more of a Jose style player than Fabregas. He can comfortably play as a deep-lying playmaker, in the hole, or as a box-to-box.

I could see us going back to a 4-3-3 even if we don't sign Kroos to fit in Fabregas.

I dont think fabergas is good enough defensively or hard enough working as a CM but if we can get Kroos it would be a no brainer, IMO.

Cesc could work in 4-2-3-1 if Matic does nothing but sit back and anchor CM, take the ball from the CBs and FB's and start from deep, Cesc can be given more freedom than Ramires or Lamps when theyre in CM next too Matic as long as Matic is very disciplined which he can be.

Although a 4-3-3 with an anchor man of Matic and allowing Cesc and Oscar to join the front 3 would be excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

4-2-3-1 is Jose's formation of choice though traditionally.

reckon he'll keep that shape and it'll be

Matic - Fabregas
    Willian - Oscar - Hazard
    Costa

Suarez 1st bite - 8 game ban
    2nd bite - 10 game ban
    3rd bite - 4months or 9 EPL games. :confused:

Suarez 1st bite - 8 game ban
    2nd bite - 10 game ban
    3rd bite - 4months or 9 EPL games. :confused:

Different authorities. I'm shocked he's even banned from the domestic league. We've never seen such a wide-reaching ban before. He's not allowed to train with club or country or attend their matches or be in a football stadium.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

According to the FIFA website, it's 9 official internationals and four-month worldwide ban.

That means he'll miss the rest of the WC with Uraguay but (say) if they get knocked out next round, he'll still miss their next 8 official internationals.

Also, the four-month woldwide ban means he'll miss ~13 games for LFC, 9 BPL, 1 (maybe 2?) League Cup and 3 UCL matches.

It's pretty far reaching. There's also a lot of confusion around the decision's exact remit re training and transfers etc.

SOURCE: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=luis-suarez-suspended-for-nine-matches-and-banned-for-four-months-from-2386354.html

According to the FIFA website, it's 9 official internationals and four-month worldwide ban.

That means he'll miss the rest of the WC with Uraguay but (say) if they get knocked out next round, he'll still miss their next 8 official internationals.

Also, the four-month woldwide ban means he'll miss ~13 games for LFC, 9 BPL, 1 (maybe 2?) League Cup and 3 UCL matches.

It's pretty far reaching. There's also a lot of confusion around the decision's exact remit re training and transfers etc.

SOURCE: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=luis-suarez-suspended-for-nine-matches-and-banned-for-four-months-from-2386354.html

LOLOLOL

They should have taken into account his previous and given him a longer "domestic" ban, IMO.

• Advertisement

We could always low ball Liverpool now, 50million for Suarez. :pac:

Costa and Suarez upfront would be comedy gold for bans and suspensions.

I had no idea they'd be that severe with the punishment! Don't get me wrong he deserves a ban but that's very thorough, it'll do either of two things 1 reduce his value considerably in any sale or 2 scare off any suiters leaving him to stay at Liverpool.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I had no idea they'd be that severe with the punishment! Don't get me wrong he deserves a ban but that's very thorough, it'll do either of two things 1 reduce his value considerably in any sale or 2 scare off any suiters leaving him to stay at Liverpool.

If hes not allowed to train with Liverpool for the next few months, it'll take him a few weeks to be back up to speed, match sharpness, we paly Liverpool about 2 weeks after his ban is up. :eek:

anyone on twitter check @RAWK_meltdown for some LOLs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

anyone on twitter check @RAWK_meltdown for some LOLs

so because you're a mod it must be ok for you to fill the chelsea thread with Liverpool related topics. I see the consistency is back to the soccer forum.

If hes not allowed to train with Liverpool for the next few months, it'll take him a few weeks to be back up to speed, match sharpness, we paly Liverpool about 2 weeks after his ban is up. :eek:

Yeah he could well come back with a point to prove. I'd say his punishment will be reduced on appeal.

so because you're a mod it must be ok for you to fill the chelsea thread with Liverpool related topics. I see the consistency is back to the soccer forum.

Correction, Category Mod.

Oh and I didnt "fill" the Chelsea thread.

Handful of posts my good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Correction, Category Mod.

Oh and I didnt "fill" the Chelsea thread.

Handful of posts my good man.

had a long post typed out but id be doing the same as what im accusing you of. Will pm you Gav to discuss further.

Do, I may not get back for awhile, end of day sh*te in work and all that jazz.

Chill out Hangballlouie, first i've seen of any sort in this thread for a long time and unless you're a regular reader in here i'm sure you'll have seen that it's widespread in other threads in comparison to this one.

• Advertisement

Surely Germany need Schurrle :pac:

bbc radio for southampton reporting on their twitter that shaw is to have a medical at utd

peteeeed wrote: »
    bbc radio for southampton reporting on their twitter that shaw is to have a medical at utd

Disappointing but it's obvious Jose doesn't rate him.

Heard that too, at 30-40 million theyre more than welcome to him.

They require a LB more than we do right now.

Rumored to be £31m plus add ons. And they were saying in the United thread today that we overpay for players :pac:

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumored to be £31m plus add ons. And they were saying in the United thread today that we overpay for players :pac:

Utd need him more they'll pay more.

If we paid 30 + Millino for him I'd be freaked too but at the end of the day nobody in the Utd thread is out of pocket if they spend 100million on him so they wont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Shaw having medical in the morning, its one of those that in all likeliness looks overpriced now but will have been well worth it in 3-4 years time...

Shaw having medical in the morning, its one of those that in all likeliness looks overpriced now but will have been well worth it in 3-4 years time...

Ah we got Cesc for cheaper than they were willing to pay last year and cheaper than Herrera.

Happy days, I'm glad Barca sold for that value now.

Although that being said, Barca have got good replacements and Herrera is a good player too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Ah we got Cesc for cheaper than they were willing to pay last year and cheaper than Herrera.

Happy days, I'm glad Barca sold for that value now.

Although that being said, Barca have got good replacements and Herrera is a good player too.

United will put up a serious challenge next season with no Champions League football, im prepared to say Liverpool are fcuked, their squad just isnt good enough and with Suarez missing 9 games, im ready to rule them out...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement