Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anytime Jose has been top at Xmas hes gone onto win the league, with Chelsea (2), Real (1), Inter (2) and Porto (2).

Thats 7 times and 7 wins in May.

Can he make it 8 from 8, I bloody hope so.

Joses record shows hes better leading from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

243AFA0600000578-2884839-image-a-26_1419332899761.jpg

I think we all knew Cesc would be good but his transisation to the team has been seemless, hes been near perfect.

Hes on course to beat Henrys assist record in a season which stands at a very impressive 20 assists and thats for a CF.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think we all knew Cesc would be good but his transisation to the team has been seemless, hes been near perfect.

Hes on course to beat Henrys assist record in a season which stands at a very impressive 20 assists and thats for a CF.

TBH I thought he would be good but he is a far better player than I ever thought. Not wanting to start a war with any Arsenal fans (mainly because I am so glad we have him) but what was Wenger thinking of not to resign him.

Sanchez is a fantastic player Ozil is struggling (when playing) but is also a fantastic player but Cesc is so much better I think.

• Advertisement

TBH I thought he would be good but he is a far better player than I ever thought. Not wanting to start a war with any Arsenal fans (mainly because I am so glad we have him) but what was Wenger thinking of not to resign him.

Sanchez is a fantastic player Ozil is struggling (when playing) but is also a fantastic player but Cesc is so much better I think.

Its always better to have as many top class players available to you incase an injury crisis hits.

Arsenal are missing Ozil, Wilshire and I think Ramsey has a slight knock too.

Maybe Wenger diodnt want to give him a 2nd chance given the manner in which he left, eiother way, its our gain anyway so long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I just think that our squad is full to bursting with attacking midfielders. He believes in the players he has and could not justify bringing another one in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Delighted with last nites result.

I think Jamie Carragher hit the nail on the head with this on Monday nite football:

"In sharp contrast to the manager-philosophers espousing their ideas at Anfield on Sunday, the Chelsea boss reacts to the demands of the situation. "We saw Arsenal get bullied by Stoke but Mourinho will come here and say 'this is how we have to set up because there is a way you have to play away at Stoke'," said Jamie Carragher in the Sky Sports studio.
    In this instance, that meant selecting the 6'2'' John Obi Mikel to partner Matic in midfield. There was little chance of this Chelsea team being bullied. Indeed, they made more tackles and won more aerial duels in the first half than Arsenal managed in the full 90 minutes in the previous fixture at the Britannia."

greendom wrote: »
    I just think that our squad is full to bursting with attacking midfielders. He believes in the players he has and could not justify bringing another one in.

I agree with that but Cesc has played CM for us all season bar the odd run out at 10.

The flipside to that is something we both know too, he can play CM as he has one of the worlds premier CMs in there with him.

If Cesc went to arsenal and they lined out with

Cesc Wilshire
    Sanchez Ramsey Ozil

The core of the CM is a bit soft and could be got at, in short, Matic is an excellent foil to allow Cesc do what he does.

Barr wrote: »
    Delighted with last nites result.

I think Jamie Carragher hit the nail on the head with this on Monday nite football:

"In sharp contrast to the manager-philosophers espousing their ideas at Anfield on Sunday, the Chelsea boss reacts to the demands of the situation. "We saw Arsenal get bullied by Stoke but Mourinho will come here and say 'this is how we have to set up because there is a way you have to play away at Stoke'," said Jamie Carragher in the Sky Sports studio.
    In this instance, that meant selecting the 6'2'' John Obi Mikel to partner Matic in midfield. There was little chance of this Chelsea team being bullied. Indeed, they made more tackles and won more aerial duels in the first half than Arsenal managed in the full 90 minutes in the previous fixture at the Britannia."

Matic and Mikel made more than 16 tackles combined alst night, where as N'Zoni and Cameron managed 2 or 3 I think.

Our team is pretty huge too

Courtois 6'6
    Ivan 6'0
    JT 6'1
    Cahill 6'2
    Azp 5'9
    Matic 6'4
    Mikel 6'2
    Willian 5'9
    Cesc 5'10
    Hazard 5'7
    Costa 6'0

If we need to battle with a team we're pretty well equipped to be able to do it.

• Advertisement

Last night is a perfect example of where a team needs more than technical ability to win the PL. Jose has identified this very well and adapts the team accordingly. I’m not a big fan of Mikel but moving Cesc further forward last nite was very effective.

Last night is a perfect example of where a team needs more than technical ability to win the PL. Jose has identified this very well and adapts the team accordingly. I’m not a big fan of Mikel but moving Cesc further forward last nite was very effective.

Ya, I think it was Neville who said it, no point having all the technical players if they cant dig in and scrap when the going gets tough.

Stoke were always going to have that last night and we imposed ourselves on them with our footballing abillity but with the physical side of the game too when it was needed.

I was appauled with Mikel starting for this very reason but it worked a treat and Mikel played well, apart from a 5 yard pass he out out of play I think he done the simple things and kept the ball moving while offering a good screen.

Sometimes I think Neville is a closet Chelsea fan , he is always raving how good they are :pac:

Sometimes I think Neville is a closet Chelsea fan , he is always raving how good they are :pac:

At one stage when describing Courtois he stopped short of calling him the best and said hes a great goalkeeper, he must have remembered what he said about De Gea the other week :pac:

I think Neville is just a fan of how the team plays and wins and in the attitude, playing for Utd, he'll have played in similar teams that could play and fight, depending on the situation and in Fergie he had a manager who knew when it was time for either scenario, something Jose also can see and adapt too and I think Neville is a fan of that , rather than Chelsea.

Also if you gave him a choice of who to win the league other than Utd, teams like City, Pool, Arsenal or Chelsea, I'd say we'd be at worse, 2nd in that list. :pac:

Ahem .. remember the noise he made when Torres scored against barca .......haha .......it still haunts me :D

I must admit to being surprised by Neville he has turned out to be an excellent pundit. I would agree with Gav I think at heart he is a winner and appreciates how Chelsea go about their work, he said on one or two occasions that City are the same / similar. I think he just wants English clubs to do well on an international stage and at the moment the only two capable are City and Chelsea.

I did love the look he gave Carragher when he said Liverpool were coming back to their form of last season finished with a simple no

Neveille does talk a lot of common sense with his view point. I find him very good pundit as well to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Haha that is a brilliant stat.

Its very surprising TBH.

I would have guessed that Wilshire was up closer to 50 for his career if I'm honest.

....and looking at Wilshires stats, hes always injured, i knew he was fragile but didnt realise how bad it is.

Hes played just shy of 150 games in total for Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Jose in "We're not going to buy Messi" shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thanks be to gawd!

This time last year we had 5 clean sheets.

Now we have 8.

Defence is coming along.

Id love to be going to the game against west ham.

After last years game we seriously owe them a hiding but i cant see it happening.

Hazard said he'll be ok for tomorrow.

Weve 3 very tough games coming up so we'll have to rotate eventually.

Oscar or schurrle could easily come in for the hammers game or we could rotate away to southampton or spurs.

Id personally rotate against southampton and try and keep the strongest xi for west ham and spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Merry fecking xmas Chelsea fans,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Merry Christmas all and here's to smashing everyone to bits especially West Ham , Spurs , Man Utd , man city , liverpool , PSG , barca and madrid

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Merry Christmas all and here's to smashing everyone to bits especially West Ham , Spurs , Man Utd , man city , liverpool , PSG , barca and madrid

You forgot QPR. :pac:

You forgot QPR. :pac:

Yeah them too also Newcastle and Sunderland at home while I'm at it

Merry xmas blues :)

Hope ye and the families have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Kids up already happy christmas everyone cant wait to trash west ham on 26th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Have a CAREFREE Christmas y'all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Panthro wrote: »

No suprise.

There is a massive media and ex player agenda against Terry in England. He should have been ahead of Cahill in in the PFA team of the season again last year.

He actually gets way more appreciation abroad, he's the most the capped English CB in the Fifpro team of the season.

Terrys one of the finest English cbs of all time.

His questionable personal life aside, he has no equal in the modern game, from a British perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

belated merry christmas lads, dont let city win the league

Huge game around the corner and west ham are in fine form.

We need to win to keep up some pressure on the chasing pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Any word on hazard? He fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea line-up v W Ham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Chelsea line-up v W Ham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

racso1975 wrote: »
    Any word on hazard? He fit?

Yes 😀

Chelsea subs v West Ham: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Drogba. #CFC

What time is the game on anyone know?

Panthro wrote: »
    What time is the game on anyone know?

Aww dear God! Quarter to One on St Steve's day?!
    I'm getting too old for this shyt.

The hammers Adrian, Jenkinson, Cresswell, Collins, Reid, Noble, Kouyate, Nolan (c), Downing, Carroll, Valencia

Im going say 1-0 chelsea in a dire game.

Interesting pre match interview with big Sam when asked why he has made changes to the team, we play arsenal in 48 hours and I've changed the system

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement