Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Thought we were a little over-reliant on Hazard yesterday, we'd have been rightly fcuked without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Johner wrote: »
    Reus and Pogba please. :pac:

Pogba Matic
    Reus Fabregas Hazard
    Costa
    Pogba back on the agenda? Again? Must be transfer window time!

Let the madness recommence. Wishlist:

1. Pogba
    2. Reus
    3. Bale
    4. Aguero
    5. Hummels
    6. Neymar (back-up for Hazard)

Miss anybody? :pac:

Thought we were a little over-reliant on Hazard yesterday, we'd have been rightly fcuked without him.
    That's why we're getting Neymar as back-up (unconfirmed rumour).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

McDave wrote: »
    Pogba back on the agenda? Again? Must be transfer window time!

Let the madness recommence. Wishlist:

1. Pogba
    2. Reus
    3. Bale
    4. Aguero
    5. Hummels
    6. Neymar (back-up for Hazard)

Miss anybody? :pac:

A good sub goalie for when Cech leaves.

failing that, Pogbas a tall lad. He can be like Jagielka when Sheff Utd used not name a sub goalie as Jagielka was that trusted and decent too. :pac:

Plus pogba counts as a HG player.

in all seriousness though, if cech does leave i can see us signing an English backup keeper that meets HG criteria and one thats happy with limited time and a decent wage as blackman isnt up to it ans schwarzer is old.

any ideas? Would Ruddy be a decent shout? Not a bad keeper IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh baby all I want for transfer is.....Sanchez.... Ewwww baby..

Panthro wrote: »

Well unless Arsenal finish outside top 4 (unlikely) and Wenger is sacked/walks away (unlikely) i cant see Sanchez leaving in the summer or even next year.

Sterling is probably more easily got but it would still take a huge bid and Sterling wanting to force the issue also.

I dont think we needed a mikel/matic combo against southampton i think its to defensive so hopefully for the spurs game we see

Courtois
    Ivan cahill jt azp
    Matic cesc
    Willian oscar hazard
    Costa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well unless Arsenal finish outside top 4 (unlikely) and Wenger is sacked/walks away (unlikely) i cant see Sanchez leaving in the summer or even next year.

Sterling is probably more easily got but it would still take a huge bid and Sterling wanting to force the issue also.

I dont think we needed a mikel/matic combo against southampton i think its to defensive so hopefully for the spurs game we see

Courtois
    Ivan cahill jt azp
    Matic cesc
    Willian oscar hazard
    Costa

Yeah definitely Filipe Luis and Schurrle have not done enough to warrant further inclusion in the starting line-up...

Another thing that has come to my thoughts... its highly likely IMO that Costa will get to ten yellow cards and will have a two match ban at some stage as hes currently on seven yellows.

Also on Costa... hes only scored 4 goals in 12 appearances since the last international break, thats Salomon Kalou stuff

He will get 10 yellows easily. Nice time to get them is around the league cup semi but before we play city on the 31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Panthro wrote: »
    dMDdQOI.gif

Gtf :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yeah definitely Filipe Luis and Schurrle have not done enough to warrant further inclusion in the starting line-up...

Another thing that has come to my thoughts... its highly likely IMO that Costa will get to ten yellow cards and will have a two match ban at some stage as hes currently on seven yellows.

Also on Costa... hes only scored 4 goals in 12 appearances since the last international break, thats Salomon Kalou stuff

Costa has not done it for me , although thought against stoke he was excellent .

But in the games against Newcastle and Saints , IMO he was dire , more interested in a row off the ball ,

Hazard is turning into something really really special , could be in the bracket of of one of the top players in the world over the next few years.

dMDdQOI.gif

Gtf :pac:

I cant see us a) bidding for him and b) arsenal accepting it.

Certainly not in January or even the summer. No hope.

Sleep easy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Beating City is gonna be a really really great Saturday night.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Beating City is gonna be a really really great Saturday night.

Hopefully, ill be over at it ;)

Anyone know how many league penalties weve been awarded this season?

Im willing to bet its less than the penalties we didnt get when we should have.

1) Burnely - a - costa rounds keeper, taken down, costa gets booked. Result uneffected.

2) & 3) Utd - a - Terry and Ivanovic bought hauled down in the box from the same corner. Result effected.

4) Southampton - a - Cesc goes down after a tackle from the young LB, booked for diving. Result effected.

Its a worrying trend for me anyway.

I think weve been awarded 3 penalties this year in the league.

Carragher and Neville posted their combined team of the season so far

2452236900000578-0-image-a-41_1419896640173.jpg

No Cesc is a joke IMO.

I could argue a 4-2-3-1 with Aguero instead of Costa if it meant Cesc at #10

• Advertisement

Just to answer my own question earlier, we've been so far awarded 2 penalties.

Add to that the 3 we should have got that were turned away after terrible calls by the ref, 2 of whihc seen chelsea players booked.

joke.

B6CSSu0CAAIyShI.jpg

Spurs record at home so far this year

Played 10, won 4 drew 2 lost 4 GF 11 GA 10 GD 1 Points 14

Our away record isnt stellar but we got a serious let off from City at the weekend so we've to go out and do the business over in North London to stay top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No Cesc is a joke IMO.

Did you not watch the programme itself? Carragher had Fabregas but the "fans vote" overruled him.

Kirby wrote: »
    Did you not watch the programme itself? Carragher had Fabregas but the "fans vote" overruled him.

Thankfully missed it, was busy.

Seen the team posted online.

• Advertisement

So various reports saying we're in for Andrej Kramaric.
    The Croatian prospect who has scored 21 league goals in 18 league matches for HNK Rijeka this season, Chelsea are likely to loan the player out once the transfer has been completed.

So he'll be brought in now and used next season, if true that means Patrick Bamford will probably not get any chance and his deal is up in the summer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Spurs record at home so far this year

Played 10, won 4 drew 2 lost 4 GF 11 GA 10 GD 1 Points 14

Our away record isnt stellar but we got a serious let off from City at the weekend so we've to go out and do the business over in North London to stay top.

Watching Spurs against United the other day they looked very poor, awful at the back apart from Lloris who looked good and very light in midfield. Kane and Eriksen are dangerous but I'd be confident of beating them at WHL this year. Been really impressed with Kane actually, looks a quality player in the making.

Johner wrote: »
    Watching Spurs against United the other day they looked very poor, awful at the back apart from Lloris who looked good and very light in midfield. Kane and Eriksen are dangerous but I'd be confident of beating them at WHL this year. Been really impressed with Kane actually, looks a quality player in the making.

Both teams offered up huge chances, had Utd been on any bit of form in front of goal it could have been a 3 or 4 goal victory.

That encourages me, as you said, rest of the team is ok for me, long way for Spurs to go to be a top team.

We've taken 5 points from the last 12 away points available, if we make that 6 from 15 its a terrible and frankly absurd amount, we should be going all out to win against Spurs.

Spurs actually started very well at the Bridge and for the first 15mins were on top, hitting the bar in that time too, they then fell apart so it will be a big test as theyve got 10 from the last 12 available.

How Fabregas could be left out of that is ridiculous.... he has been our best player

GavRedKing wrote:
    We've taken 5 points from the last 12 away points available, if we make that 6 from 15 its a terrible and frankly absurd amount, we should be going all out to win against Spurs.

They've been some of the usual tougher away games for Chelsea though: Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland, Southampton... and our recent record away to Tottenham isnt great either im not too confident of a win at all, in fact id take a point to stay top and get these fixtures out of the way. We can rest the main guys again in the FA Cup at the weekend.

GavRedKing wrote:

They've been some of the usual tougher away games for Chelsea though: Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland, Southampton... and our recent record away to Tottenham isnt great either im not too confident of a win at all, in fact id take a point to stay top and get these fixtures out of the way. We can rest the main guys again in the FA Cup at the weekend.

So Torres goes to AC Milan, who then loan him to Atletico and all the while his 175k wages are off our books.

Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

2452236900000578-0-image-a-41_1419896640173.jpg

No Cesc is a joke IMO.

I like my stats . Fabregas has more assists so far the season than jack wilshire has in his whole career

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884839/Cesc-Fabregas-makes-assists-16-Premier-League-games-Chelsea-Jack-Wilshere-entire-Arsenal-career.html

peteeeed wrote: »

Wenger made a mistake, Cesc hasnt looked back since.

Along with Sanchez and Costa hes been the standout signing of the season.

Given how good Cesc was in the league for years its not really surprising but still a joy to behold, a helping hand for a win (goal or assist) on Thursday would be sweet and opush us into the 3rd quarter of the season looking pretty ok.

Like last year, I feel we're nearly impossible to play against at home and we should win 15+ of our home games, we've got to get the away figure up though as its not looking great at the moment, its not bad either but it could and arguably should be better.

• Advertisement

Somehow a few rags have grabbed a story from Spain saying we've bid over 100million for Bale and its been rejected. :confused:

Makes no sense really, we're doing well to avoid falling fould of FFP so to go and smash that would be madness. The only way we could afford such a deal is to win the league as the winnger now gets closer to 100million with the increased TV deals and finishing 1st prize money.

We'd also need to use any new sponsorship deal to afford it, with the Turkish Airlines bid being the only one of any note being reported abouit its hard to see what we'll get from them, it wont be Man Utd money anyway and here is whats being reported, figure wise.
    The deal will become the fourth largest Premier League shirt sponsorship ever, behind Manchester United (Chevrolet), Manchester City (Etihad) and Arsenal (Fly Emirates) who earn £45m, £40m and £30m respectively.

Turkish Airlines are offering a £7m increase on Chelsea's current sponsors Samsung, who have been with the club since 2005.

Its pretty poor, truth being told and I was hoping for more, we've probably got performance related bonuses built into the contract for trophies and runs at the UCL and maybe domestic trophies but a basic 25million looks a bit small when compared with the rest.

One thing thats probably being considered behind closed doors is selling naming rights to the ground, training ground, training kit even, like Utd have with DHL.

If we can get another sponsor in even if it was for training kit it might bump the kitty up a bit.

While not the worst paper on the planet, the Indy has a pretty thin, speculative article on Bale and (yes!) Pogba (! :pac: ):http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-analysis-gareth-bale-andrej-kramaric-and-paul-pogba-linked-with-a-january-move-to-stamford-bridge-9949949.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kramaric is looking likely. I've only saw clips of him but he looks a fairly tidy finisher. 28 goals already this season, including 7 int eh Europa League. If we we sign him he'll probably go to Leicester on loan. Could be a good buy for next season, provided Drogba retires he'll be good cover for Remy and Costa.

McDave wrote: »
    While not the worst paper on the planet, the Indy has a pretty thin, speculative article on Bale and (yes!) Pogba (! :pac: ):http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-analysis-gareth-bale-andrej-kramaric-and-paul-pogba-linked-with-a-january-move-to-stamford-bridge-9949949.html

Bale LB move Azp to RB sorted ;)

Fabregas is (5/2) favourite for PFA Player Of The Year yet cant get in MNF's half-season team of the year. I said earlier that Fabregas has been our best player but looking at it again, its probably been Hazard who is a (9/2) shot for Player Of The Year and a strong favourite for Young Player Of The Year at (6/5), with De Gea second in that betting at (6/1).

I think De Gea is a serious bet there as Chelsea players dont tend to win things or to be liked very much.

Fabregas is (5/2) favourite for PFA Player Of The Year yet cant get in MNF's half-season team of the year. I said earlier that Fabregas has been our best player but looking at it again, its probably been Hazard who is a (9/2) shot for Player Of The Year and a strong favourite for Young Player Of The Year at (6/5), with De Gea second in that betting at (6/1).

I think De Gea is a serious bet there as Chelsea players dont tend to win things or to be liked very much.

It all depends on who wins the league. The best player looks likely to be from City or Chelsea. Sanchez and De Gea have a chance, Rooney too if he keeps his form up.

Jose probably won win any manager awards though, in his years here hes only won 2 manager of the month awards :pac:

Bale LB move Azp to RB sorted ;)
    Can Bale run that far? :confused: And back? :pac: £100 million return.

Well with reus hazard and cesc playing support of costa and pogba and matic in cm he'll have no choice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lukker- wrote: »
    Kramaric is looking likely. I've only saw clips of him but he looks a fairly tidy finisher. 28 goals already this season, including 7 int eh Europa League. If we we sign him he'll probably go to Leicester on loan. Could be a good buy for next season, provided Drogba retires he'll be good cover for Remy and Costa.

Looks like we've got him. I'd imagine Remy will go in the summer to be honest can't see him happy with never playing. I still have high hopes for Bamford to be honest.

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Looks like we've got him. I'd imagine Remy will go in the summer to be honest can't see him happy with never playing. I still have high hopes for Bamford to be honest.

Letting remy go would be a huge mistake IMO. Hes a fine player.

It all depends on what he wants though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Think I seen a stat, that for the calendar year 2014

it was City 88points (GD 56)
    Chelsea 88 points (GD 55)
    Pool 76
    Arsenal 70

Lets hope for an even better 2015 and to start it off with a victory against Spurs, make sure we're top before the cups start up again and we can rotate.

We're buying a new stadium....although its not for the 1st team :o

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/30/chelsea-afc-wimbledon-kingsmeadow-kingstonian

Supposed move is well in advanced talks if this is true :
    Speaking ahead of the proposed move, Rijeka sporting director Ivan Mance told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti: ‘I can confirm that our office received a formal offer by London's Chelsea’.

The contract is for four-and-a-half years and the player will initially be paid around £20,000-a-week after tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

As long as Choppers predictions are more accurate than Lawros ill be happy. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

As long as Choppers predictions are more accurate than Lawros ill be happy. ;)

K1S46Qa.png
    I'd sooner trust this guy than Lawro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Looking forward to seeing what chopper brings to twitter, looks like mostly retweets of fans with pictures beside him

duploelabs wrote: »
    K1S46Qa.png
    I'd sooner trust this guy than Lawro

.....thats a pretty big lock. :D

3-1 to Chelsea tomorrow anyway....i hope :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement