Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jts goal keeps us top on alphabetical order. :o

Whats worse is mikel amd matic and cesc for oscar would have given us better balance in cm.

Although it cant count for terrible defending from cahill for the 2nd and 3rd. A great finish fo.r the 1st and 4th and a deflected 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Fabregas looks nothing like the player he's been lately, looks shot of confidence.

My blood is boiling watching this tripe.

Thank you Hazard, we'd be lost without you.

It's harsh on Fabregas who looked bright and made things happen.

Others however were lacking. I genuinely think tiredness has played a big part in that. 3 of the 4 games in 11 days were away from home at tough places like Stoke, Southampton and Spurs and that showed today I think.

Makes the newcastle game in a few days vital.

Our home form is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Bye bye league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Tiredness could easily play a part but every team has a similar run so I don't think we can use that as a unique excuse.

Think Hazard is the only player who can really hold his head high after today. He worked his socks off. He kept going and you could see he was dying to get us back into it. Even when Terry scored, he didn't look bothered but Hazard looked desperate to get us back into it.

Fabregas got on my nerves. He could've got himself sent off for having his go at Vertonghen. Why couldn't he use that frustration to get us back into the game?

I'm slowly calming down after that and despite we didn't deserve it, if Dave and Ramires had done better, we could have drawn that game! Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I look forward to the second half of the season. The bridge will remain a fortress and apart from Arsenal, our away fixtures are as easy as you could ask for.

This poor run has put a dampener on an incredible start, but make no mistake about it, we're still in better shape than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It's time to face up to some home truths.

Cahill is now a liability. He's got away with some howlers this season. At this stage, once he's under serious pressure he folds.

Ramires is a birdbrain.

Salah is out of his depth. His goalmouth fluff was dreadful. He doesn't have the poise.

Willian is not a premiership player. He dodges out of 50-50s and has precious little end product.

At the moment we are completely reliant on Hazard, and Costa's goals. Although our remaining programme is a bit easier than City's, it's looking likely that we'll need to beat them at the Bridge. We'll also need to pick up momentum again. I think we need to be active in the January window.

On the match, it also has to be said that Hazard was professionally fouled twice in the second half bearing down on goal, without bookings in either case. That's simply unacceptable refereeing. With a goal resulting from either we would have been a good shout for a result. Spurs though have to be commended. They overran us in midfield, threatened to score on every attack, and basically did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I agree we need to drop/lose Cahill.

Between plain old poor performances and outright trampish behaviour, he's such a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Missed the game was it as bad as the scoreline looks? Five goals to Spurs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ah lads it was a dire performance but some of the criticism here is over the top

We need a real alternative to Willian, he just doesn't dig in when he has to and something else in defence.

Away performances like that will cost us the title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

When is the last time spurs put 5 past anyone?
    What the hell happened, we get the opener and I thought that's it 3-0 no problem.
    We talk the talk but when it comes to the crunch we can be seriously awful. Relying on certain players to drag us through tough games.
    There are a few players that are just not up to the task, and as hard as it might be they need to be upgraded on.

It was our strongest xi but a lot of them were terrible today namely the whole back 4.

Oscar was beyond useless too and willian is well, hes not a 30million quid player.

Hopefully cahills banned was stupid and hes a poor cb made look good by jt who was himself sh*te.

Willian needs to be shipped out. Salah too.

Mikel would have been better than oscar for the midfield today.

Cahill is and will continue to be a liability at the back. That awful attempt of a tackle for the penalty was pathetic and only topped by stopping his run back for their 2nd.

Matic and Cesc were over ran today amd they didnt help themselves.

Joses talked sh&t in the interview but today his team left him down big time and a few of them need seriously dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think we need to start Mikel in away games, Fabregas isn't disciplined enough, Spurs had lots of runners from midfield that weren't picked up. It's time to give Zouma a shot in beside Terry, Cahill has made too many mistakes and needs to be dropped.

As much as it pains me id agree. Mikel and Matic are better pair in certain games.

Eriksen whos spurs best player for a few weeks wasnt in the game so we shut that space down. The wingers and fb played narrow and over ran us.

Terrible performance and i hope their ears a ringing after a bollocking from Jose.

I still dont understand why at 4-1 down ya send on a winger instead of a 2nd cf. Remy is a better finisher than ramires or salah and both of them missed sitters IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm guessing having Mikel in would move Cesc further up the pitch and drop Willian altogether.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm guessing having Mikel in would move Cesc further up the pitch and drop Willian altogether.

Id drop willian amd oscar.

Remy Cesc Hazard
    Costa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

more childish sulking in here again. 2nd defeat in the season, top of the league. get over it. great season for us so far. the same people whinging about willian and co will be praising them in another few weeks. grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

fozz10 wrote: »
    more childish sulking in here again. 2nd defeat in the season, top of the league. get over it. great season for us so far. the same people whinging about willian and co will be praising them in another few weeks. grow up.

How ya now?!

Johner wrote: »
    I think we need to start Mikel in away games, Fabregas isn't disciplined enough, Spurs had lots of runners from midfield that weren't picked up. It's time to give Zouma a shot in beside Terry, Cahill has made too many mistakes and needs to be dropped.

I'm reluctant to criticise Cesc, but he doesn't make the strongest impact in tight physical games, unless he's well protected. Even though today he got it on a bit with Hazard in the latter stages.

I think there's the spread of criticism is too much but there's others, like the criticism for Cahill, that is entirely justified. He really isn't good enough if you want to be the champions of England and Europe. I do think the midfield us something that eventually has to be looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

To be fair it wasn't just a defeat, we were completely bested by Spurs in every way and let in 5 goals, FIVE!!!!

The manner of the defeat is as much the reason for the criticism as the defeat itself, 1-0 or 2-1 might have been acceptable but to go out and just plain capitulate with the slightest bit of pressure just doesn't sit right with me or I'm sure most here.

I agree some players are getting it tough, Cesc, Matic and Oscar were bound to struggle sooner or later be it through tiredness or whatever but Cahill's been making mistakes all season so far, Willian was rubbish again like he was v Southampton, Salah struggles at the best of times so throwing him on when we need 2 goals didn't make sense, and he blows it by missing a sitter as did Ramieres who, when given a chance to think about what he's doing, usually messes up.

A bad day at the office (and I include Mourinho in that) compounded by the fact it was v Spurs.

I think there's the spread of criticism is too much but there's others, like the criticism for Cahill, that is entirely justified. He really isn't good enough if you want to be the champions of England and Europe. I do think the midfield us something that eventually has to be looked at.

our team is ridiculously good this season. cahill is not world class but hes still good enough. so what he had a few bad games, but our team is good enough 90% of the time to cope. lets not forget cahill makes a lot of excellent blocks and tackles week in week out too. and we already won a two european titles with cahill playing so thats a bit of a silly statement. of course there are better defenders out there but he's fine for now. almost all teams have a weakness and ours is not much of a weakness. its almost impossible to have 11 players ya couldnt improve on. ours is pretty close bar a couple. the pathetic whinging about players not a 30mill player and so on are cringworthy. they were being praised by the same people for since last august. childish and embarrassing posts (for them)really

Killinator wrote: »
    To be fair it wasn't just a defeat, we were completely bested by Spurs in every way and let in 5 goals, FIVE!!!!

The manner of the defeat is as much the reason for the criticism as the defeat itself, 1-0 or 2-1 might have been acceptable but to go out and just plain capitulate with the slightest bit of pressure just doesn't sit right with me or I'm sure most here.
    ah yea but its over now, sh*t happens you do know almost every team that wins a league has a few sh*t resuts over the season.
    what about our record against all the other top teams this season? move on and forget about it. top of the league.

ah yea but its over now, sh*t happens you do know almost every team that wins a league has a few sh*t resuts over the season.
    what about our record against all the other top teams this season? move on and forget about it. top of the league.

Oh I get it, it's just a bit raw, tomorrow will be another day,
    We haven't too much reason to moan so far this season, let us have this one :D

our team is ridiculously good this season. cahill is not world class but hes still good enough. so what he had a few bad games, but our team is good enough 90% of the time to cope. lets not forget cahill makes a lot of excellent blocks and tackles week in week out too. and we already won a two european titles with cahill playing so thats a bit of a silly statement. of course there are better defenders out there but he's fine for now. almost all teams have a weakness and ours is not much of a weakness. its almost impossible to have 11 players ya couldnt improve on. ours is pretty close bar a couple. the pathetic whinging about players not a 30mill player and so on are cringworthy. they were being praised by the same people for since last august. childish and embarrassing posts (for them)really

Yes he's good enough most of the time but then there's games like this and there'll be games against the really top teams where he does come up short. I don't think anybody is saying he is woeful but that when you compare him to top center backs at the great clubs around Europe he doesn't measure up.

Unless Mourinho plans on parking the bus in each game I think Cahill will struggle. We play more expansive football these days, it can leave defenders exposed, I don't think he has the quality to keep up against top caliber opposition.

Yes every team has weaknesses but the standard is high and he needs to be improved upon.

• Advertisement

Yes he's good enough most of the time but then there's games like this and there'll be games against the really top teams where he does come up short. I don't think anybody is saying he is woeful but that when you compare him to top center backs at the great clubs around Europe he doesn't measure up.

Unless Mourinho plans on parking the bus in each game I think Cahill will struggle. We play more expansive football these days, it can leave defenders exposed, I don't think he has the quality to keep up against top caliber opposition.

Yes every team has weaknesses but the standard is high and he needs to be improved upon.
    That's the whole point. Mourinho is setting a higher standard than any Chelsea manager other than Ancelotti. Mourinho understands world class, and what he needs from players in key matches. This season, Cahill has been found wanting on a number of occasions. For me this evening turned 'occasions' into a pattern.

Willian has what, 5 goals and about the same assists in what most be 40-50 EPL games.

Hes not good enough. Yes he does a job defensively but his attacking output is sh*t. No end product what so ever.

Ill never praise willian unless he goes on a run of form that matches hazards best which he isnt capable of.

He wasnt the worst performer today that was cahill follower closely by JT and oscar.

Spurs played very well we were the worst wev3eplayed under jose in as long as i can remember. Still doesnt excuse 3 soft goals left in and 2 sitters missed by two fringe players didnt help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

People too positive here . 8 point lead thrown away , city have the momentum now and are for sure favourites.

We've been here before and we have crumbled ...will happen again

All in for UCL ...

Its nowhere near that bad.

Weve less troublesome away games to come this year.

Should be a very interesting run in now.

the_monkey wrote: »
    People too positive here . 8 point lead thrown away , city have the momentum now and are for sure favourites.

All in for UCL ...

We have been here before with us on top at Christmas with Mou in charge, though I don't think crumbling is what happened :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

the_monkey wrote: »

All in for UCL ...

Well every single Bookie still has Chelsea as favourites to win it so stop being dramatic that City are favourites for sure. City have been stumbling through games too. Chelsea have an easier fixture list, my money is most definitely still on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

No sign of the Cahill kick on MOTD. Odd.

Its going go all the way.

Im over at the chelsea v city game and i cant wait for it. :)

blueser wrote: »
    No sign of the Cahill kick on MOTD. Odd.

If sterling gets away with his id be rightly annoyed if cahill is done.

Although that ban would allow zouma in so its a double edged sword

Their clip of the Mourinho interview was pretty hilarious, though.

Their clip of the Mourinho interview was pretty hilarious, though.

The questions he was asked were stupid and weighted towards provoking a response.

Although he does talk a lot of manure does Jose :pac:

It all good being an eejit for the cameras but if you're players arent performing this deflecting tactic starts to look more and more pathetic.

Away we're a totally different team, its like day and night, its sickening really, I know we're still top and our season isnt as bad as most other clubs but our away from and performances have been 2nd rate.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If sterling gets away with his id be rightly annoyed if cahill is done.

Although that ban would allow zouma in so its a double edged sword
    Wasn't really questioning whether he should get away with it (as it happens,he shouldn't, and neither should Sterling). It was more the lack of coverage of the incident that seems odd. Sterling's was shown ad nauseum in the days after the game.

Wasn't really questioning whether he should get away with it (as it happens,he shouldn't, and neither should Sterling). It was more the lack of coverage of the incident that seems odd. Sterling's was shown ad nauseum in the days after the game.

Id agree both should be banned both are stupid and petulant acts that should have been dealt with, how Sterling got away with his though :pac:

Cahill could face action and TBH I'd welcome it, I think he needs to be dropped anyway.

Thats twice now hes had 2 stinkers against spurs in the space of 4 or 5 weeks.

Id agree both should be banned both are stupid and petulant acts that should have been dealt with, how Sterling got away with his though :pac:

Cahill could face action and TBH I'd welcome it, I think he needs to be dropped anyway.

Thats twice now hes had 2 stinkers against spurs in the space of 4 or 5 weeks.
    Same as Sterling; they're two of Roy's boys. The FA look after their own.
    ;)

Same as Sterling; they're two of Roy's boys. The FA look after their own.
    ;)

Poor Shelvey :o

I agree though, but if Cahill is banned I'd expect a Jose rant of epic proportions that sterling got away with his or he'll find an incident when a player didnt get a ban and Cahill has.

TBH, the best thing for him is a ban, its stupid and hes playing sh*te the last few weeks so a lay off might be best for him and us.

Poor Shelvey :o

I agree though, but if Cahill is banned I'd expect a Jose rant of epic proportions that sterling got away with his or he'll find an incident when a player didnt get a ban and Cahill has.

TBH, the best thing for him is a ban, its stupid and hes playing sh*te the last few weeks so a lay off might be best for him and us.
    And THAT is why Cahill will get away with it. If the FA do him, they'll be accused of double standards.

It's bad though, when a fan wants one of his own players banned!

And THAT is why Cahill will get away with it. If the FA do him, they'll be accused of double standards.

It's bad though, when a fan wants one of his own players banned!

Jose and the FA arent exactly good bed friends so they might pull the trigger it will make his outlandish theories, in his own head, stand out even more if it does happen.

Ah I'm just sick of Cahill, hes a decent CB but when JT is in form he makes Cahill look better than what he is.

At 7 or 8 milion he was cheap and hes homegrown so I dont think he'll be shipped out but hes had some poor performances this year and 'd like to see Zouma get a shot at the role next to JT.

Next few league fixtures are vital and they are as follows up until we have a huge show down with City at the Bridge.

Chelsea v Newcastle
    Everton v Man City

Man City v Arsenal
    Swansea v Chelsea

Chelsea v Man City

City have slightly the trickier fixtures with Arsenal thrown in, but with our away form I'm not confident of a win in Wales, the City game is on January 31st, we've both got an FA cup 3rd game this weekend and we've also got the league cup semi final on during the week vs liverpool on the Tuesday night before we play City so for me City have the advantage as we've to play 2 extra games in that time period.

I also think the timing of Gerrards departure from Liverpool has taken a lot of focus off our awful performance yesterday, thanks Stevie for some deflection. :o

Last away win for us was Stoke.

In 5 away games we've won 1 game, lost 2 drawn 2.

Thats a terrible record for any team trying to win the league, it was the same story last year, going to away teams that were lower in the league and failing to win, its what cost us the title last year and if were not careful will be a carbon copy of last year.

Sunderland - draw, poor performance
    Newcastle - loss, just knew we'd **** up against them
    Stoke - win, comfortable no issues
    Southampton - draw, robbed of a win by terrible ref call
    Spurs - loss, out played and out fought.

Makes for grim reading, if form above is anything to go on, we'll win our next away league game which is a very tricky trip to wales, to keep up with City we have to win our next 2 league games against Newcastle and Swansea, which will see us go in at the worst, level with City before we play them at the Bridge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement