Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So Watford on Sunday a game where we've nothing to gain and everything to lose, in that if we win were expected to win, no big deal.

If we lose, its a huge crisis.

Anyway, given that we'll finally have a bit of rest afetr the busiest of Xmas periods, more so than any other team, which was a disgrace as we had 3 away games, I'm hoping we kick it off again agaionst Newcastle with a much needed win.

For Watford I'd go

Cech
    Azp Zouma JT Luis
    Mikel Ramires
    Remy Oscar Schurrle
    Drogba

That should have enough to see off Watford, you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

You can see Jose's problem. A number of the matches have been won this season with the team barely getting into first gear, never mind getting out of it. And he keeps telling fans, media and the team that complacency will undo them. The challenge will come and they won't be able to rise to it. The team goes "riiiight" and continues to win games at a canter. The occasional draw is no biggy until you look over your shoulder to discover a 9 point lead has evaporated like morning dew. Jose needs to shake things up. Fans need to see a performance from the team of commitment to go with the quality.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    You can see Jose's problem. A number of the matches have been won this season with the team barely getting into first gear, never mind getting out of it. And he keeps telling fans, media and the team that complacency will undo them. The challenge will come and they won't be able to rise to it. The team goes "riiiight" and continues to win games at a canter. The occasional draw is no biggy until you look over your shoulder to discover a 9 point lead has evaporated like morning dew. Jose needs to shake things up. Fans need to see a performance from the team of commitment to go with the quality.

Aprt from maybe 3 players, nobody else in the squad has a EPL medal if thats not motivation enough I dont know what is.

You've said it, we've coasted our way through some games and when we went -0 Oscar had a decent chance to make it 2-0 and fluffed it, couple that with allowing Kane to turn him for the equalisier I really think he needs to be pulled aside too and told up his game.

Consistency is a huge thing and some of our players have suffered from not having enough of it.

The busiest period in the fixture list is done amd we've made a complete f**k up of it IMO and we're still top although in truth its only coz City f**ked up against Burnely we should be 2nd today but we're joint top.

Players have to get the thumbs out for the 2nd half of the season if they want an EPL medal and maybe another trophy, talent will only win you so much if you dont have the right attitude it wont drive ya over the line.

Suarez left, Gerrard leaving, if Pool finish outside top 4 a cheeky bid in the summer for Sterling wouldnt be a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Absolutely disgusted with last nights result , didnt see the game thank god but was too annoyed to even watch motd.

Who should we sell/buy this month do ye think?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusted with last nights result , didnt see the game thank god but was too annoyed to even watch motd.

Who should we sell/buy this month do ye think?

It was one of those games i wouldnt be to quick to cut people out now id wait until the summer but id expect Salah or Schurrle to leave in January.

Not sure on who we could bring in as i think reus or sterling, both good attacking threats, wouldnt leave in January.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It was one of those games i wouldnt be to quick to cut people out now id wait until the summer but id expect Salah or Schurrle to leave in January.

Not sure on who we could bring in as i think reus or sterling, both good attacking threats, wouldnt leave in January.

Think we should get a CB In asap though.

Jt getting old and cahil isnt great

Think we should get a CB In asap though.

Jt getting old and cahil isnt great

The problem is theres a severe lack of good CBs out there.

If we go for the fantasy football route I'd love the following players in January or the summer

1) Varane
    2) Hummels
    3) Pogba
    4) Reus
    5) Sanchez
    6) Sterling
    7) Back up keeper if Cech leaves

Theres at least 3 on that list that could be got for decent money (Reus, Hummels, sub G.K.)

The rest are fantasy signings really and would cost mental money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Honestly I think Sterling would be a sensational signing but no chance of it happening. I doubt we'll sign anyone but I'd like to see someone in the Matic mould to give us this team for the next season:

Courtois (Cech as back-up until summer)

Azpi/Ivan--Cahill/Zouma--Terry--Luis/Azpi
    Matic----NEW/Mikel/Ake

Fabregas
    Schurlle
    Haz
    Costa

I think with 2 properly holding players there's room to lose Willians workrate and gamble more on Schurrle, he's still not the solution but he's got far more chance of converting and getting into the right positions.

Also with Matic having someone beside him he'd have more chances to carry the ball forward and to get closer to the edge of the box, he's too good going forward to be limited completely to the Mikel role imo.

As much as I dislike Mikel in the side at all, tactically that player gives us more stability and freedom going forward.

• Advertisement

Good points on Mikel as weird as it sounds, I think Cesc is better off at #10 anyway as hes a better player than Oscar, I'd love to see Oscar next to Matic for a few games and do what Cesc does.

But ya for 2015 and next season its probably going to be :

GK
    Courtois
    Cech, Delac maybe as 2nd choice when Cech leaves

RB
    Ivan
    Azp
    Kalas as 4rd choice if kept

CB
    JT
    Cahill
    Zouma
    New CB, would be hopeful of Hummels or Varane
    Kalas/Omerou, maybe one of these lads as back up

LB
    Luis
    Ake
    Azp as cover
    Bertrand as wildcard? Although hes likely to be sold to Southampton

CM
    Matic
    Cesc
    New CM would love Pogba, highly unlikely
    Ramires
    Youth team Baker or Swift could make the step up

CAM/RW/LW
    Hazard
    Oscar
    New Winger Sterling/Reus/Sanchez, would love an attacking winger that can score and assist
    Schurrle

CF
    Costa
    Remy
    Kramiric/Bamford as 3rd choice

HG players over 21, (you need at least 4)
    JT, Cahill, Cesc, ?? (pogba maybe)

Can only have 17 foreginers over 21.

On any given weekend you could argue our strongest team is

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp/Luis
    Matic Cesc/Mikel
    Willian/Schurrle Oscar/Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Thats at least 4 slots that are open to variation and shoudl depend on the opponent, I still dont think we need a double pivot when a team comes to park the bus at the Bridge so Cesc next to MAtic is ok.

For big away games, Matic & Mikel probably works better and Ramires usually gets a nod somewhere too but agian, it depends on the opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Good points on Mikel as weird as it sounds, I think Cesc is better off at #10 anyway as hes a better player than Oscar, I'd love to see Oscar next to Matic for a few games and do what Cesc does.

I much prefer Cesc as #10. He really is amazing at reading a game from an attacking perspective but IMO he is hopeless when it comes too tracking back and defending.

What do people think of Khedira? His contract is up in the summer and he is able to talk to other clubs now. I know his wages are huge but if we could get him on the cheap (in Jan) or free I think it be huge step up from Mikel. Matic and Khedira would boss in midfield, it would allow each other to attack more while the other sits deep.

redman85 wrote: »
    I much prefer Cesc as #10. He really is amazing at reading a game from an attacking perspective but IMO he is hopeless when it comes too tracking back and defending.

What do people think of Khedira? His contract is up in the summer and he is able to talk to other clubs now. I know his wages are huge but if we could get him on the cheap (in Jan) or free I think it be huge step up from Mikel. Matic and Khedira would boss in midfield, it would allow each other to attack more while the other sits deep.

I'd take Khedira fro a few reasons, chief among is hes a very good player, it will also stop him ending up at a rival and making them better.

For instance, Pool and Arsenal have no CM of his qualities and skill set.

A Matic and Khedira double pivot also is a lot more dynamic than any combination than we have and frees Cesc to play #10.

I'd love to get Pogba but a free or cheap Khedira is very good for FFP instead of lumping 40/50million at Pogba.

Also a happy 28th birthday to a guy who cant get a run of games for whatever f**king reason, Loic Remy.

I've been hoping for Khedira for a while but I think Arsenal are fairly keen on him?

On Remy, he must have been caught with Mrs Mourinho or something, because every time he's on he offers something different and with Costa and the second winger not 100% (although not terrible either) I can't see why he wouldn't be playing. I doubt he'll even get the FA cup game as I think Mou will keep Costa going up top for it.

• Advertisement

I've been hoping for Khedira for a while but I think Arsenal are fairly keen on him?

On Remy, he must have been caught with Mrs Mourinho or something, because every time he's on he offers something different and with Costa and the second winger not 100% (although not terrible either) I can't see why he wouldn't be playing. I doubt he'll even get the FA cup game as I think Mou will keep Costa going up top for it.

Drogba is clearly 2nd choice which is grand but Remy as ya said is sopmething different than both of them.

Joses changes last night seemed like he wanted to inject pace, frnakly I'd fancy myself over Fazio in a foot race so leaving out Remy all night was weird to say the least.

It depends on what we offer, Arsenal have a large German connection, we've got Jose whos worked with him before and signed him.

Ball will be in his court though.

Drogba is clearly 2nd choice which is grand but Remy as ya said is sopmething different than both of them.

Joses changes last night seemed like he wanted to inject pace, frnakly I'd fancy myself over Fazio in a foot race so leaving out Remy all night was weird to say the least.

It depends on what we offer, Arsenal have a large German connection, we've got Jose whos worked with him before and signed him.

Ball will be in his court though.

Yeah they lack pace at cb but their fullbacks had us in that department all night.

Khedira in the team would be very much a change back to the 05 Mou team too, more physical in the middle to give the wide players more freedom going forward.

Yeah they lack pace at cb but their fullbacks had us in that department all night.

Khedira in the team would be very much a change back to the 05 Mou team too, more physical in the middle to give the wide players more freedom going forward.

What was even worse is I said and I stand by it, both FBs are very poor and one of them bloody socred.

I still cant get over why Cahill stopped before the ball broke to Rose. :rolleyes:

I'd like Khedira, I'd prefer Pogba but for FFP reasons thats a non-runner IMO.

What was even worse is I said and I stand by it, both FBs are very poor and one of them bloody socred.

I still cant get over why Cahill stopped before the ball broke to Rose. :rolleyes:

I'd like Khedira, I'd prefer Pogba but for FFP reasons thats a non-runner IMO.

They're both very poor defensively imo but going forward their pace put us under pressure.

Even without ffp I think Pogba's price is very inflated by the hype.

They're both very poor defensively imo but going forward their pace put us under pressure.

Even without ffp I think Pogba's price is very inflated by the hype.

Ya, they tucked in very narrow when they had it but always offered width if it was really needed.

I think Pogba is excellent, a lot like Matic, he was never going to make it at Utd and needed to go away and play competitive games at a good level to realise his ability.

I think he'll leave Italy eventually and only the biggest clubs will have a chance, I also think it will be in the summer and his latest contract was to ensure Juventus would get maximum value when they do sell him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I'd take Khedira fro a few reasons, chief among is hes a very good player, it will also stop him ending up at a rival and making them better.

For instance, Pool and Arsenal have no CM of his qualities and skill set.

A Matic and Khedira double pivot also is a lot more dynamic than any combination than we have and frees Cesc to play #10.

I'd love to get Pogba but a free or cheap Khedira is very good for FFP instead of lumping 40/50million at Pogba.
    Sooooo...

... the love affair is really over. :pac:

McDave wrote: »
    Sooooo...

... the love affair is really over. :pac:

Never.

#Where'sPogba?
    #PogbaWatch2015
    #WhoLeftThePogsOut

Jose Mourinho has warned that Eden Hazard may be forced out of the Premier League if opponents continue to target the Chelsea attacker with "aggressive fouls."
    http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2224214/chelseas-jose-mourinho-fears-eden-hazard-will-be-kicked-out-of-england

I'd take this comment very seriously indeed. Hazard is a foul magnet, and for much more than just overly robust tackles. He regularly gets the legs chopped from under him. He was heavily fouled a number of times at Spurs. He was also professionally fouled twice bearing down in goal without a sniff of a yellow card. IMO Dowd's performance was negligent in this regard. It's simply not on to treat such a talented played with such disrespect.

Now, if Hazard dives, card him. But if he in turn is badly or professionally fouled, cards are also in order. When Mou speaks of a possible broken leg, it's not a simple injury to recover from. It can be career changing. How will the goms in the FA look if the career a player of Hazard's calibre is cut short by a brutal tackle. Or if Hazard decides he can have a more rewarding career in another league.

McDave wrote: »
    http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2224214/chelseas-jose-mourinho-fears-eden-hazard-will-be-kicked-out-of-england

I'd take this comment very seriously indeed. Hazard is a foul magnet, and for much more than just overly robust tackles. He regularly gets the legs chopped from under him. He was heavily fouled a number of times at Spurs. He was also professionally fouled twice bearing down in goal without a sniff of a yellow card. IMO Dowd's performance was negligent in this regard. It's simply not on to treat such a talented played with such disrespect.

Now, if Hazard dives, card him. But if he in turn is badly or professionally fouled, cards are also in order. When Mou speaks of a possible broken leg, it's not a simple injury to recover from. It can be career changing. How will the goms in the FA look if the career a player of Hazard's calibre is cut short by a brutal tackle. Or if Hazard decides he can have a more rewarding career in another league.

Hazard has something like 130 fouls against so far this year. Stop him and you go along way to stopping chelsea.

Ive to agree woth Jose he does need more protection hes also the one player who doesnt go down unless hes fouled and hes doesnt stay down unless hes hurt.

Hes a well built lad strong, muscular legs but as Jose says sometimes hes too honest.

Theres no conspiracy its just the refs have been for us this year at certain times, key times and if its creeping in that a player can be kicked out of the game its not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

That means that cech wont be going anywhere so until the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That means that cech wont be going anywhere so until the summer.

Frees up a spot in the squad too for a foreign player.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Frees up a spot in the squad too for a foreign player.

Pogba in January.

The dream is alive :pac:

Hazard has something like 130 fouls against so far this year. Stop him and you go along way to stopping chelsea.

Ive to agree woth Jose he does need more protection hes also the one player who doesnt go down unless hes fouled and hes doesnt stay down unless hes hurt.

Hes a well built lad strong, muscular legs but as Jose says sometimes hes too honest.

Theres no conspiracy its just the refs have been for us this year at certain times, key times and if its creeping in that a player can be kicked out of the game its not on.
    Maradona had lumps kicked out of him in the Spanish League. In contrast, both the Spanish League and, particularly, UEFA seem to have gone to some way to protect Messi from abuse. UEFA in particular seems to come down heavy on dangerous and professional fouls, helping put an emphasis on positive, attacking football. In comparison, Hazard is using his skills in conditions redolent of the Championship.

Newcastle have lost again.

Jesus how did we lose to them :o

Lets hope theyre still in the same form when they come to the Bridge next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kalas gone to 'Boro on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Is the Watford game on any channel ?

peteeeed wrote: »
    Is the Watford game on any channel ?

I dont think so but we should have other means if we need them.

Any ideas on teams? Probably see 6 or 7 changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Any ideas on teams? Probably see 6 or 7 changes

If Remy doesn't start the match Mourinho must hate the guy!!!

I think itll be drogba TBH.

I wouldnt mind see Remy starting wide. Hes a better option than Salah, Schurrle and Ramires for those positions.

We should beat Watford amd we should rest some players too given weve had a tough run and look jaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Some guy on the twitter called by telegraph.co.uk as a trusted source predicted the line up as

Cech
    Ramires Zouma Christensen Luis
    Mikel Ake
    Salah Schurrle Remy
    Drogba

Are itv showing the game today?

Carpentry wrote: »
    Some guy on the twitter called by telegraph.co.uk as a trusted source predicted the line up as

Cech
    Ramires Zouma Christensen Luis
    Mikel Ake
    Salah Schurrle Remy
    Drogba

Rambo at RB :confused:

I suppose he did play their against Barcelona :pac:
    Are itv showing the game today?

no, the FA cup coverage is back on BBC AFAIK and theyre showing Arsenal v Hull.

Setanat have Man City v Sheff Wed

BT have Dover v Palace now and Yeovil v Man Utd at 3.

Ross turnbull turned 30 today,

That makes me sad.

He has the following medals, 2 FA cups, 1 UCL, 1 Europa league with chelsea

• Advertisement

team Cech; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Ramires, Mikel; Remy, Oscar, Schurrle; Drogba (c).

subs Courtois, Ivanovic, Ake, Matic, Willian, Salah, Diego Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

3:0 I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Remy out wide, Gav's wish is finally granted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

anybody able to pm me a stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

found one now thanks.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    found one now thanks.

Can you PM it to me please ? Can't find one , cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can someone PM me a stream if there is one
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone got a stream that isn't the radio?

no , they all seem to just be chelsea tv commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Same every year with the 3rd round, bit of a joke that it's not available to view anywhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement