Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

oh just realised that, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Schurrle goes for goal when the pass was on. Sounds familiar. :rolleyes:

i can't even get the commentry now. anybody know where it's available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

All we need now is man city exiting the FA cup to concentrate on the league ..

Sounds like a poor half, Schurrle having a shocker by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Johner wrote: »
    Sounds like a poor half, Schurrle having a shocker by the sounds of it.

Hes been having a lot of shockers lately tbh

I don't think he's come back from the World Cup.

Costa and Willian on for Oscar and Schurrle at half time. Not ideal.

• Advertisement

FA Cup seems to be real tough for all major teams, Man City came out from behind in the last minute

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Lads, what the actual fcuk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Are we as bad as the score suggests? Havent seen any of the game

Willian 1-0, sounded like a beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Get in willian

Willian shots from 30 yards and GOAAAALLLLLLLL :)

Remyyyyyy 2-0

Remy!

What more can he do to get more game time?

zoumaaaaaaa 3-0

• Advertisement

Zouma 3-0.

Zouma man of the match according to the lads on Chelsea TV, get him in beside Terry. What a prospect he is.

there will be more:cool:

I hope zouma gets game time guy has huge potential.

Its only watford but hes looked good anytime he plays including when we beat spurs when cahill was having a mare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I can't figure out if Cahill is knackered and badly needs a rest, or if his recent lapses and general dodgy enough defensive play is just a reflection of the quality of player he is, who has benefited greatly from being in there beside Terry.

Either way, it's great to know that Zouma is progressing at such a pace, he is definitely going to be used in bigger games than today's as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Draw on after the arsenal game ya?

Bateman wrote: »
    I can't figure out if Cahill is knackered and badly needs a rest, or if his recent lapses and general dodgy enough defensive play is just a reflection of the quality of player he is, who has benefited greatly from being in there beside Terry.

Either way, it's great to know that Zouma is progressing at such a pace, he is definitely going to be used in bigger games than today's as the season goes on.

Id honestly play him against newcastle.

I think cahill is ok but jt does make him look better. Id like to see zouma play and see what he can offer next to JT for 90mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Draw is tomorrow night following the Liverpool game.

I certainly wouldn't be throwing Zouma into the Newcastle game, I think they'll continue to blood him in the odd game like today's and then only use him in "bigger" games when they have to.

Thats why i was hoping for cahill to be suspended after kicking kane.

would have given zouma game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Would love to see a back four of Dave, Zouma, JT and Luis. From the little I have seen of Zouma he looks a better option than Cahill for me.

• Advertisement

Would love to see a back four of Dave, Zouma, JT and Luis. From the little I have seen of Zouma he looks a better option than Cahill for me.

I think Ivan is safe for the moment but his play lately hasnt been great.

Zouma does look top quality though, he appears to be happy to bide his time but with JT at 34 and Cahill 29, hes going to get in sometime soon enough.

Ideally I'd love to see him get a run of games next to JT, who better to learn from on the pitch, JT has spoken about learning from Desailly and he said it helped him, while we still have one of Europes best CBs at the club and hes still playing to a high standard, I'd give Zouma some game time, if he developes, perfect, we've got a future CB on our hands, if he doesnt and it shwos during games, then we can replace him with Cahill after giving the guy a shot.

I've not been Cahills biggest fan at any stage and that hasnt changed, some of his performances have been excellent for Chelsea but I'm under the impression that can be put down to JT, when playing next to Luiz there was too many soft goals or mistakes, hell when Luiz and JT played together even they looked strong.

I'm also pretty impressed with Zoumas ability to get goals, hes got an excellent leap on him and his heading ability looks to be pretty decent too.

I cant imagine many CFs bullying him either, lad is pretty big and strong, hes no slouch either, I want to see him start an EPL game ahead of Cahill anyway, maybe the Newcastle game is a little bit to daunting given we have to win at all costs and to stay close to City before we play them but I wouldnt be shocked to see his name on the team sheet soon enough.

ST£20m for Varane if that is true I certainly hope we are in the mix good player that lad

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_0_40288_-.html#.VKqAViusVws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ST£20m for Varane if that is true I certainly hope we are in the mix good player that lad

2/5ths of a David Luiz - sounds like a very good deal to me!

As mad as Real Madrid are, theres no way he'll go for that price if he leaves.

I just cant see a guy whos very highly praised going for such a small sum, relative to his ability and the fact Real dont have to sell.

I think he was signed for nearly 12million too, I'd have to check.

If he was bought in that would be good riddance to Cahill, which wouldnt be a bad thing.

One thing that might stand to us if we go after him is Jose bought him to Real, figures at the time suggested in and around €10million.

It could help if a deal was being trashed out, also he could partner his future international partner for years to come in Happy Zouma ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Pretty much what transfermarket are quoting

The main factor in any deal will be if Varane wants out or not. I'd expect Real to win the legaue this year and be very close to retaining the UCL so hes going to pick up medals if he stays although at his age he'll want to p[lay as much as possible so any club coming in for him would probably have to pretty much make him 1st choice CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

What's all this crap the papers are running with concerning Messi and Pogba to Chelsea for 277m?!

Christ on a bike...

FFP would have a stroke.

Dayum wrote: »
    What's all this crap the papers are running with concerning Messi and Pogba to Chelsea for 277m?!

Christ on a bike...

FFP would have a stroke.

Think you've answered your own question really......

Click bait at its finest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Kramaric is going to pick Leicester over us. Initially he was meant to join us and then go to Leicester on loan but he wanted guarantees that he'd be back at Chelsea at the end of the season.

Also the architect behind the Allianz Arena is looking into re-developing Stamford Bridge.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Looks like Kramaric is going to pick Leicester over us. Initially he was meant to join us and then go to Leicester on loan but he wanted guarantees that he'd be back at Chelsea at the end of the season.

Also the architect behind the Allianz Arena is looking into re-developing Stamford Bridge.

The first part would be a bit of a blow really. If the lad does well he wont be at Leicester for long.

Good news on the Bridge too, not a bad Monday :D

Lukker- wrote: »

Normally means we'll have to pay him a few bob more

GavRedKing wrote: »

Wasn't the Bridge revamped during the summer ? New pitch and lightning ? As far as I can remember it costed good few $$$

Hail Roman Abramovich :)

I can't really see Leicester staying in BPL at the end of the season, so it would be a quite stupid thing.

If Leicester is the height of the lads ambitions let him away clearly not the right stuff for a major side ala Lukaku. If you back yourself join the bigger club do the getting to know at Leicester and come back to win your place. If he can't back himself to do that I don't really want him taking a peno in a CL league shoot out, not got the minerals as the quote goes.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Normally means we'll have to pay him a few bob more

Could be in his case, I'll join Leicester, see what Englands like, insert a relegation clause and f**k off elsewhere if it goes t*ts up.
    Carpentry wrote: »
    Wasn't the Bridge revamped during the summer ? New pitch and lightning ? As far as I can remember it costed good few $$$

Hail Roman Abramovich :)

I can't really see Leicester staying in BPL at the end of the season, so it would be a quite stupid thing.

Ya, one of the first clubs in England to fit energy saving floodlights that are a different shade too, meant to be better for night games but I've not been to a night game since West Ham last year an dI dont think I'd manage to tell the difference TBH.

No surface too, special new grass, we gave the old surface away to Aldershot I think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Varanes a no braineer if hes available now, or in the summer.

Guy already has nearly 20 french caps too, he'd fit in well with Remy, Zouma and Pogba ;)

• Advertisement

Just on the redevelopment of the Bridge, things are going in the right direction when architects are getting invovled.

Have the council budged a small bit, maybe. Imagine the local area without The Bridge, lots of bars, resturants will struggle, increased foot fall, if its managed correctly can only be good for them so if they come on board, it would increase our lobbying to the council.

Although I think last summer there was a change in council from Tory to Labour, or vice versa, basically the last council to allow Chelsea to develop the Bridge is now in power again so all the little signs are looking good at the moment.

We've discussed the stadium issue at length but until the club confirm something all everyone is doing is guessing, not having the slightest idea about the issues that we face if we get approval from the council, I assume the hardest group to lobby is the Underground, they'll want no disruption to their service and wont want any safet issues so if we do go for an over rail stand or walk ways they'll be involved very early on in the process.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement