Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We are being linked today with Micah Richards on a free transfer. Mourinho is supposedly a big fan, his contract is up at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lukker- wrote: »
    We are being linked today with Micah Richards on a free transfer. Mourinho is supposedly a big fan, his contract is up at the end of the season.

Don't think he would add anything. What we currently have is better than Richards. Only thing in his favour is his nationality.

Don't think he would add anything. What we currently have is better than Richards. Only thing in his favour is his nationality.

Yeah he's only 26 though and Ivanovic is 31 this year. Could be good cover and eventually push for a starting spot. We need more homegrown players too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Micah Richards is a strange one alright....

We have never really replaced Ricardo Carvalho lads, Cahill has looked great at times and has to be given great credit for his role in Munich and the Champions League winning season, but ultimately he is proving not to be our Ricardo replacement...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

A lot of talk on Twitter about how only today messi started following chelsea on Instagram, don't really think it means anything!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah he's only 26 though and Ivanovic is 31 this year. Could be good cover and eventually push for a starting spot. We need more homegrown players too.

But Ivan is pushing harder than ever, probably his best season so far and his trips on right wing down the other side of the pitch are mad, sometimes his further up than Diego :)

Carpentry wrote: »
    But Ivan is pushing harder than ever, probably his best season so far and his trips on right wing down the other side of the pitch are mad, sometimes his further up than Diego :)

Without doubt, he's one of the senior lads as well. Mourinho considers him vice captain. He's probably got 2 years left at the top, but quality cover is always a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

We have never really replaced Ricardo Carvalho lads, Cahill has looked great at times and has to be given great credit for his role in Munich and the Champions League winning season, but ultimately he is proving not to be our Ricardo replacement...

I wouldn't be relying on Cahill to be your knight in shining armour...

A great man for sitting back during those kinds of games but when the pressure is on and Chelsea are a goal or two down he completely loses the plot ala the Spurs game last week. Not only was he kicking wildly at Kane to give away the peno but he took down Rose in an absolute horror tackle (in which case was he not an England international he would probably have been off the pitch after 25 minutes). Then in the second half he was kicking people in the back when they were injured on the ground....disgraceful stuff.

When the pressure is on, Cahill just doesn't have the head for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Kurt Zouma will be that man in my opinion. Think he'll take Cahill's place at some stage this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Irrefutable proof that Messi is coming
    0ivHJ2D.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

duploelabs wrote: »
    Irrefutable proof that Messi is coming
    0ivHJ2D.png

He also started following Filipe Luis and Thibaut Courtois!!
    People saying he's trying to put pressure on the board for all there f##k ups!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea v millwall or bradford 4th round fa cup :pac:

Pogba messi and varane what a team we'll have

Sure arent messi and cesc good friends?

We can sell oscar schurrle willian, bring in messi.

:pac:

In all seriousness though i wanna get millwall but id say it would be a hugely troublesome affair.

When was the last time we played them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    In all seriousness though i wanna get millwall but id say it would be a hugely troublesome affair.

Danny dyer might get a new series

GavRedKing wrote:

FA Cup in 1995 at the same round. Drew first game 0-0. Replay at Stamford Bridge was 1-1, Millwall won on penalties.

And yes, there was a lot of crowd trouble.

FA Cup in 1995 at the same round. Drew first game 0-0. Replay at Stamford Bridge was 1-1, Millwall won on penalties.

And yes, there was a lot of crowd trouble.

Lovely. :pac:

And what makes it worse, for cup games the away fans get 10% of the crowd. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bradford are going to beat Milwall at home imo

Bradford are going to beat Milwall at home imo

They should anyway but its the cup and all that.

To avoid any trouble id prefer bradford even if millwall would be very interesting for the locals.

• Advertisement

I'd hope that Bradford do beat Millwall... we could do without playing Millwall on the 24th as thats in between the Liverpool Capital One Cup games on the 20th and 27th and City in the league is also on the 31st.... Id rather we played Bradford in a less high-charged kind of a game and atmosphere than Millwall would be.

That team will have 7 or 8 changes compared to what will start v city

Hopefully anyway :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

So messi to chelsea then , he has started following chelsea on Instagram and his wife has started following chelsea on Twitter

Love these stories

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/lionel-messi-follows-chelsea-on-instagram-on-day-he-doesn-t-show-for-training-203647169.html

peteeeed wrote: »
    So messi to chelsea then , he has started following chelsea on Instagram and his wife has started following chelsea on Twitter

Love these stories

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/lionel-messi-follows-chelsea-on-instagram-on-day-he-doesn-t-show-for-training-203647169.html

Didn't show up to training today either!

So its safe to assume were signing Messi.

What number will he get, 9?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Don't forget Fabregas and Messi's wives are best buddies too. Surely it's a done deal. I think he might do OK, push Mikel for place on the bench, but will he cope with a wet away day in Newcastle?

Don't forget Fabregas and Messi's wives are best buddies too. Surely it's a done deal. I think he might do OK, push Mikel for place on the bench, but will he cope with a wet away day in Newcastle?

Nah sure once we sign pogba and varane itll be a free for all for starring places

T-bo
    Ivan Varane JT Azp
    Matic Pogba
    Messi Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Looks good enough i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Really really hope we knock Liverpool out of the Capital One too.... dont want to see Gerrard getting a trophy before he leaves, we stopped it last season, we need to stop it again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I want to be in the meeting with the Met asking for the Saturday 5.15pm KO:pac:

Mr Abramovich may be a billionaire, but still not enough to cover the necessary overtime needed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

peteeeed wrote: »

Love these stories

I just followed Barcelona...

When do I start?

Dayum wrote: »
    I just followed Barcelona...

When do I start?

You need to ask in the Barcelona tread so I expect.

dfx- wrote: »
    I want to be in the meeting with the Met asking for the Saturday 5.15pm KO:pac:

Mr Abramovich may be a billionaire, but still not enough to cover the necessary overtime needed..

Itll have to be an early sunday k/o before the pubs open :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If we play Millwall cannot see anything but an early kick off, been to a few of those matches down the years scarey at times.

As for Richards I think he would be decent back up, in his day before injuries got him he was a fine player - will he ever recover fully God knows but with Eva's magic fingers you would have faith. From an FFP point of view I think he would be reasonably cheap so why not if he is available. Will also be interesting to see how Kalas gets on in 'Boro having wasted 4 months in Cologne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Apparently the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge to increase seating capacity is being "looked at" by the Swiss-based architects Herzog & de Meuron, who created both the Bayern Munich Allianz stadium and the Beijing Bird's Nest stadium.
    10888523_916781065012178_8801004051959770710_n.jpg?oh=14837b745ff27a99046080ac6b42fd35&oe=5521A515&__gda__=1430398376_58c1acf7fee7256c116884b79ee94d14

• Advertisement

If we play Millwall cannot see anything but an early kick off, been to a few of those matches down the years scarey at times.

As for Richards I think he would be decent back up, in his day before injuries got him he was a fine player - will he ever recover fully God knows but with Eva's magic fingers you would have faith. From an FFP point of view I think he would be reasonably cheap so why not if he is available. Will also be interesting to see how Kalas gets on in 'Boro having wasted 4 months in Cologne.

Richards has his plus points, and the mian one is he'd be free and also a homegrown player.

He'd be 3rd choice RB right now and probably 3rd/4th choice CB.

I'd go
    Ivan/Azp/Micah

And
    JT/Cahill/Zouma/Micah

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Apparently the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge to increase seating capacity is being "looked at" by the Swiss-based architects Herzog & de Meuron, who created both the Bayern Munich Allianz stadium and the Beijing Bird's Nest stadium.

10888523_916781065012178_8801004051959770710_n.jpg?oh=14837b745ff27a99046080ac6b42fd35&oe=5521A515&__gda__=1430398376_58c1acf7fee7256c116884b79ee94d14

Thats yesterdays news :o

Also in relation to the picture, the hotel in the foreground, near the rail tracks will surely have to be demolished, also the tracks in the foreground may have to be covered by a stand if we want to develop so thats another nightmare. The exits would have to be included in the cover stands on the rail way side to exit somewhere on that side, possibily to the houses in the foregroiund which are next to the cemetry, I cant see them running exits through the cemetry, even though some fans stroll through the cemetry on match days, can tsee them running an exit gate through it.

Theres a huge issue also with lighting, something the aviva has and resulted in the bed pan look, its not as simple as buying the property and kicking people out either as a lot of the buildings are listed so cant be touched.

The ideal situation is we can increase the existing exits width to handle more people, thoguh that would require us to buy property and knock some buildings that arent listed. Theres also the underground track that comes out at Fulham broadway on the north west of that picture that would have to be handled, again probably by building a stand over the track.

So we've to lobby London transport potentially for building standsover 2 different tracks without disrupting schedules, then theres the local residents who wont want another 10K + rolling down the road.

Its good steps though right now so hopefully something more is announced sometime in 2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Richards would definitely be handy for cover if he doesn't mind coming to sit on the bench, would fit the Ivan mold of being a big and strong fb on one side at least... no harm having the english squad spots full too.

Richards would definitely be handy for cover if he doesn't mind coming to sit on the bench, would fit the Ivan mold of being a big and strong fb on one side at least... no harm having the english squad spots full too.

Micah is also 2 or 3 years younger than Cahill and Ivan and about 7 years younger than JT.

It would be a decent signing but if hes going free we'll have a battle on our hands with a few other clubs I'd imagine.

Apparently this is the reason we cant or wont sign Kramic.
    Chelsea, however, are believed to have been keen to loan him to the Foxes after signing him to give him top-flight experience, but that idea has hit the buffers after it emerged Premier League rule v7.1 prohibits any club from doing so.

The rule states: "A Temporary transfer to a club may not take place in the Transfer Window in which the Transferor Club acquired the Player's registration

• Advertisement

Forget Pogba, we're signing the new Pogba, Rayan Souici.

Apparently this is the reason we cant or wont sign Kramic.

Can buy him and leave him where he is though ala Zouma.

Forget Pogba, we're signing the new Pogba, Rayan Souici.

Very topical out with old and in with the new :D:D:D:D

Can buy him and leave him where he is though ala Zouma.

The guys what, 23? They'll want to know if he can cut it at a higher level so I imagine the loan was to see where they stood.

No point sending him back to his old club in that regard, given his age that is.
    Very topical out with old and in with the new :D:D:D:D

Given the prices flaoting around for Pogba getting the new Pogba is the only way to go :pac:

Seen as poor old Remy never gets a game lend him to Leicester and keep Kramic with us.

I'd prefer to keep Remy.

At least we know what we're getting with him.

I like Remy not sure TSHO does though find it hard to understand why he does not play more. We were speculating over Christmas why he does not get much game time came up with some quite credible ideas which remain private due to lack of proof (well totally idle speculation which is most likely libel to be honest ;););))

I think Remy is good too. Drogba is usually the 2nd option which is weird although he offers something totally different to Remy and Costa.

Will we ever see a day of 4-3-3 with all 3 playing? Highly doubtful as it wastes our greatest player in Hazard.

Some games we could easily play 2 up top and a Remy Costa partnership would be great to see.

Also, do we really need to do any business in January?

I cant see the need anywhere in the squad, we've had very little injuries, mostly illness and niggles.

Of course that could change in the 2nd hlaf of the season but we've done very well so far for ourselves in comparisson to Utd, Pool, City, Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Get Khedria before anyone else does is the only business that we need to do, we're too reliant on Matic

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement