Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duploelabs wrote: »
    Get Khedria before anyone else does is the only business that we need to do, we're too reliant on Matic

I'd also agree on getting Khedira in, he can sign a pre-contract with teams outside of Spain right now so I'd be very very surprised if hes still with Real next season.

As much as it pains me to say , Mikel has been pretty decent this season, I just never though I'd be saying that.

Hes performed better than a couple of players, Luis, Schurrle, Salah, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Also, do we really need to do any business in January?

I cant see the need anywhere in the squad, we've had very little injuries, mostly illness and niggles.

Of course that could change in the 2nd hlaf of the season but we've done very well so far for ourselves in comparisson to Utd, Pool, City, Arsenal.

I'd be surprised if we got anyone of note really, maybe snap up some kids but I'd rather not go mad in Jan, the best purchases tend to be summer ones anyway.

I'd be surprised if we got anyone of note really, maybe snap up some kids but I'd rather not go mad in Jan, the best purchases tend to be summer ones anyway.

we could sign Khedira on a pre contract but the guy has suffered from serious injuries in the past which would make me reserve judgement on him TBH.

Hes only managed about 280 club games and hes 28 in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

For me our defence is at best iffy. If Matic is on absolutely best form we look OK'ish if not we struggle, at the start of the season we could not buy a clean sheet and shipped 3 goals at a poor Everton team. We have been fortunate in defence until the Spurs match comes along and shows the kings clothes in all their glory. Dropping Cahill and playing Zouma will help getting Varane would be a great help as well but we seriously need to do something with our defence God help us if Matic gets injured.

Can you imagine a back line of Zouma & Varane in 2 years time? That would be unreal, starting french pair (probably) for a long time, one physical and the other (from what I've seen) a good reader of the ball and more mobile. Very exciting prospect imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Can you imagine a back line of Zouma & Varane in 2 years time? That would be unreal, starting french pair (probably) for a long time, one physical and the other (from what I've seen) a good reader of the ball and more mobile. Very exciting prospect imo.

We'll have at least 1 of them anyway thats good enough for now :)

In the summer I do expect a CB to be signed, if its Richards and another CB I'd be happy enough TBH.

Bony....30million....City.

All things going well even if they do sign him he'll miss the trip to Stamford Bridge along with Yaya toure or at the very least be well off the pace.

Ivory Coasts last group game in ACON is on January 28th at about 9pm local time, if they dont get through the groups then both have them have a horrific turn around to get back to Manchester and recover for a game 2 days later.

Although I'd prefer if they got through their group that way there is no way they'll play against us.

I just want to take a minute to mention a former blue who seems to have fallen off in confidence and his teams play hasnt helped either, Romelu Lukaku.

Last year he finsihed with 15 goals in 31 games for Everton a good return really and a major upgrade on what Chelsea had last year, he also finsihed his 1st season with WBA with 17 in 35. He comes back to Chelsea for the 2013/14 season, trains with the club with rumours he wasnt what Chelsea needed in a CF, too many character traits against him, well his last kick for Chelsea was to miss a penalty in the European super cup and subsequently handed in a transfer request, loaned back out to Everton and was sold for 28million with many suggesting Chelsea made a huge mistake, even though he was bought originally for 10million. Chelsea use the 28 to buy Costa as a direct replacement. Costa has gone on to score 14 goals in 17 EPL games so far, which is 3 short of Lukakus best total in pretty much half the amount of games.

I think its safe to say we got the better deal.

For the record I think Lukaku will still be an excellent CF and will end up with a top team at some stage but his petulant cost him a place at Chelsea, if he wasnt willing to battle it out for a starting spot it was betetr for him and us that he was sold and he could start as many games as possible.

• Advertisement

Eden Hazard turns 24 today.

Heres hoping for many more years of his excellence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

another young winger?,quite a few stories linking us with this guy this morning

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-face-fight-atletico-race-ps6m-spanish-wonderkid-150106131078

I just want to take a minute to mention a former blue who seems to have fallen off in confidence and his teams play hasnt helped either, Romelu Lukaku.

Last year he finsihed with 15 goals in 31 games for Everton a good return really and a major upgrade on what Chelsea had last year, he also finsihed his 1st season with WBA with 17 in 35. He comes back to Chelsea for the 2013/14 season, trains with the club with rumours he wasnt what Chelsea needed in a CF, too many character traits against him, well his last kick for Chelsea was to miss a penalty in the European super cup and subsequently handed in a transfer request, loaned back out to Everton and was sold for 28million with many suggesting Chelsea made a huge mistake, even though he was bought originally for 10million. Chelsea use the 28 to buy Costa as a direct replacement. Costa has gone on to score 14 goals in 17 EPL games so far, which is 3 short of Lukakus best total in pretty much half the amount of games.

I think its safe to say we got the better deal.

For the record I think Lukaku will still be an excellent CF and will end up with a top team at some stage but his petulant cost him a place at Chelsea, if he wasnt willing to battle it out for a starting spot it was betetr for him and us that he was sold and he could start as many games as possible.

The same character faults which saw him lose his place in the Belgium World Cup side even though their best striker was watching the World Cup at home injured. Guy is another Mario in the making oodles of talent but as you say Gav petulant certainly until he grows up we are far better off shot of him. Thought that after the reaction to the penalty miss and nothing has changed my mind sense - he would have been up against Ba and Torres that season if he did not back himself to oust them from the side then he is not for us or any top team.

You also need to consider no top team put in a bid for him - that says an awful lot about him.

Eden Hazard turns 24 today.

Heres hoping for many more years of his excellence.

Have to say getting more than a little concerned with the noises being mouted about Haz. TSHO saying he may be kicked out of English football if not protected by refs (and the current crop in the Premier League are possibly the worst batch ever), I was expecting a positive news release on his contract over the Christmas period but that seems to have gone quiet.

I have an awful feeling Madrid are going to end up with him, don't even care if they paid what he is supposed to be worth (€99m apparently) he will be the best player in the world in the next 3 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have to say getting more than a little concerned with the noises being mouted about Haz. TSHO saying he may be kicked out of English football if not protected by refs (and the current crop in the Premier League are possibly the worst batch ever), I was expecting a positive news release on his contract over the Christmas period but that seems to have gone quiet.

I have an awful feeling Madrid are going to end up with him, don't even care if they paid what he is supposed to be worth (€99m apparently) he will be the best player in the world in the next 3 years or so.

Mou is saying that to sway the refs, I wouldn't think anything more of it

The same character faults which saw him lose his place in the Belgium World Cup side even though their best striker was watching the World Cup at home injured. Guy is another Mario in the making oodles of talent but as you say Gav petulant certainly until he grows up we are far better off shot of him. Thought that after the reaction to the penalty miss and nothing has changed my mind sense - he would have been up against Ba and Torres that season if he did not back himself to oust them from the side then he is not for us or any top team.

You also need to consider no top team put in a bid for him - that says an awful lot about him.

I think he'll do well with Everton and eventually find his way to a top tier club in Europe but only if hes willing to work on his flaws.

I dont think he'll leave anytime soon, he is the one player we have to tie down to a deal and he'll probably get a few more £'s in the contract as well as extra incentives for performances.

He could become the best in the world, but remember, Messi will still be only 30 then and Ronaldo 33, far from over the hill.

IF Hazard improves his goal scoring and becomes more ruthless than I'd expect to see seasons pushing close to 20 league goals but he has to work an awful lot on that side of his game, he likes to set up others instead of being selfish when he needs to be, he lacks the goal getting edge and I'm not sure if it can be taught to him.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Mou is saying that to sway the refs, I wouldn't think anything more of it

Ya, when you consider we've only got 2 penalties all season in the league while getting turned down for a couple blatant ones its kind of annoying so hes going to try and put pressure on the refs without coming out and saying it directly as it will get him a fine.

• Advertisement

I also expect us to beat Newcastle this weekend, probably by the odd goal but anything to get the title charge back on track.

City have a few interesting games coming up, Everton away, Arsenal at home and Chelsea away all coming up for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

From the BBC

Luis Enrique is asked whether he thinks Lionel Messi is still "delighted" to be at Barcelona:
    "I don't want to comment. We know things change and a month is a long time. Things have changed but it is up to you to speak to parties involved. I am as happy as ever here, happier even."

peteeeed wrote: »
    From the BBC

Luis Enrique is asked whether he thinks Lionel Messi is still "delighted" to be at Barcelona:
    "I don't want to comment. We know things change and a month is a long time. Things have changed but it is up to you to speak to parties involved. I am as happy as ever here, happier even."

Enrique will be gone from Barca long before Messi does.

Also, I cant see Barca selling to anyone when they cant use the money until January 2016 with their two window transfer ban.

It is really lovely to see Barca in melt down I am sure Man City fans are loving this but would prefer if their CL match was next week. I cannot see Messi at Chelsea well at least not at Chelsea playing in a Chelsea shirt. Having sold Cesc to us and Thiago to a hospital .. sorry Munich and having a transfer ban means no chance. Good as he is, no brilliant as he is would he be good for us? Not convinced myself but still a super player.

You never turn down the greatest player of his, or possibily any generation.

If you want to look at it objectively, hes like a super version of Mata, if he was to play the #10 role behind Costa lets say, he wouldnt track back and he cant tackle, the other players would have to do his job for him so its highly unlikely Jose would break up the mind set of the squad to allow any individual that luxury, regardless of who it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Apparently QPR want to loan Salah.
    Ara just buy him let ye!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    Apparently QPR want to loan Salah.
    Ara just buy him let ye!:D

Gis about 10+ million and we're all over it. :D

I think Salah is in the Lukaku mould but not in terms of his attitude, more so that hes probably better served improving elsewhere where he will get 25/30 games a year.

Hes only going to get fleeting game time with us across the season, now I think he'll probably start both legs of the upcoming league cup semi final but thats due to the main focus being on the league and having City after the 2nd leg will mean a lot of changes for us, probably more so than Liverpool who will see it as a huge chance to get a trophy before Stevie is gone.

I think Salah is in the Lukaku mould but not in terms of his attitude, more so that hes probably better served improving elsewhere where he will get 25/30 games a year.

Hes only going to get fleeting game time with us across the season, now I think he'll probably start both legs of the upcoming league cup semi final but thats due to the main focus being on the league and having City after the 2nd leg will mean a lot of changes for us, probably more so than Liverpool who will see it as a huge chance to get a trophy before Stevie is gone.

He was an odd purchase originally tbh and hasn't shown much in terms of potential, would be happy to see a youngster take his spot on the bench!

He was an odd purchase originally tbh and hasn't shown much in terms of potential, would be happy to see a youngster take his spot on the bench!

He's very quick and has good control.

Ok passing and shocking finishing, the miss against Spurs isnt a one off either hes missed some gilt edged chances since hes been with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's very quick and has good control.

Ok passing and shocking finishing, the miss against Spurs isnt a one off either hes missed some gilt edged chances since hes been with us.

His scoring record for Basel was very good, also for Egypt 22 goals in 35 games. From what I saw of him in the Champions League with Basel, he was an excellent finisher. Tbh, I don't think he ever got a fair run of games to get adjusted to the league or the team. I think if he was given a proper few games he would thrive.

Lukker- wrote: »
    His scoring record for Basel was very good, also for Egypt 22 goals in 35 games. From what I saw of him in the Champions League with Basel, he was an excellent finisher. Tbh, I don't think he ever got a fair run of games to get adjusted to the league or the team. I think if he was given a proper few games he would thrive.

Thats the kery though, if he got games.

At Chelsea thats always unlikely as you're not battling 1 guy for a start its often 3 or 4 which has limited his appearances.

Hazard is nailed on to start, the other 2 roles have been switched between in order, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Cesc, Ramires.

Leaving Salah probably 6th choice to start in a supporting role, Now as a support winger hes probably 4th or 5th choice but given whats in front of him options wise, thats understandable, IMO.

Xavi having a dig at Messi for leaving training early.
    might feel bad at first but you take a tablet then go out to play.

In football circles, complaining of having a ‘stomach bug’ sounds like an excuse. It usually means there’s something else going on. When you hear someone has gastroenteritis you immediately think, there’s more to it that that. The worst of all are pains to joints

Thats the kery though, if he got games.

At Chelsea thats always unlikely as you're not battling 1 guy for a start its often 3 or 4 which has limited his appearances.

Hazard is nailed on to start, the other 2 roles have been switched between in order, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Cesc, Ramires.

Leaving Salah probably 6th choice to start in a supporting role, Now as a support winger hes probably 4th or 5th choice but given whats in front of him options wise, thats understandable, IMO.

I wouldn't be quick to sell him anyways, if he went out on loan and proved himself elsewhere, it would at least boost the fee received for him.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I wouldn't be quick to sell him anyways, if he went out on loan and proved himself elsewhere, it would at least boost the fee received for him.

He probably would be onvolved with a team with less options but right now he wont start EPL games and will only be used if we've a shortage so a loan is probably better for him.

• Advertisement

Nastasic is being touted for a move to Schalke, if we wanted a good young CB he'd be the guy I'd go after, not Richards.

Seems to be well out of favour with Pelligrini although I've no idea why. :confused:

Wouldnt be hopeful of Everton taking anything this weekend.

Theyve lost their last 4 league games.

Southampton A 3-0
    Stoke H 0-1
    Newcastle A 3-2
    Hull A 2-0

Cant see past another City win, both Chelsea and City k/o at the same time too so no advantage to either side really.

Nastasic is being touted for a move to Schalke, if we wanted a good young CB he'd be the guy I'd go after, not Richards.

Seems to be well out of favour with Pelligrini although I've no idea why. :confused:

Don't rate him personally, think he's an accident waiting to happen. Very prone to a brain fart.

Him going there probably means Hoewedes will be leaving, I reckon he'll end up at United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I had a dream/nightmare last night that Salah and Schurrle started against Newcastle *shudders*

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I had a dream/nightmare last night that Salah and Schurrle started against Newcastle *shudders*

Newcastle have been poison the last few weeks. We should best them at home.

I just hope we put them to the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Newcastle have been poison the last few weeks. We should best them at home.

I just hope we put them to the sword.

There is the potential banana skin of player's temporarily being boasted by a new manager/caretaker.

Turtwig wrote: »
    There is the potential banana skin of player's temporarily being boasted by a new manager/caretaker.

Im more confident because at home we should be winning 16 / 19 league games and i cant see Newcastle stopping us.

of course they could but after a bit of rest the players should be well up for this.

Torres starting upfront for Atletico against Real tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Not expecting Newcastle to be easy, they've already beaten us, I dont think they will fear coming to the Bridge

• Advertisement

Not expecting Newcastle to be easy, they've already beaten us, I dont think they will fear coming to the Bridge

They were well beaten last year hopefully the same can be said this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I'm not buying all this Messi hype. Barca are *engineering* his exit. He simply won't be worth the ridiculous asking price. He's also going to go into decline.

Stay away from Messi like the plague. Don't play Barca's transparent game. There are better ways to spend the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

In fairness himself and Cesc would tear the premier league asunder for a few years at least. The pair have an almost telepathic understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Barca cant sell him as they are on a transfer ban and couldnt buy a replacement or use the money gained until 2016, its as simple as that lads.

Barca arent banned from selling players.

Id also agree that anything like the figures quoted would be insane as you can buy about 6 world class players for the sum.

Id also agree with Turtwig, Messi and Cesc would be mental. Couple it with Hazard and Costa and its almost scary what you could do with the starting XI

Varane and Khedira both starting too ;)

• Advertisement

Varane just made a huge tackle after mistake.

The lad is class.

The more and more I hear of the Messi deal the more and more it doesn't sound crazy. If Turkish Airlines are willing to put up money, We sell, lets just say Oscar for £50m, As well as half of our players out on loan we could get near £100m ourselves.

Match that with the shirt sales, new fans around the world buying merchandise plus the fact we'd probably win alot too.

If he has fallen out with Barca we're his only viable option, I'd imagine Barca lads had it in their heads that Chelsea was not a club they liked, but I would also imagine Cesc would have changed his mind.

Double post

Club of clubs could manage the deal id say.

Utd
    City
    Bayern
    PSG
    Real (no hope)

It all depends that if he wants out, who does he decide he wants to go too.

i still cant see it happening, even if we got money from adidas/turkish airlines we'd need a big enough clearance.

willuan, schurrle, oscar could all be sold, probably in the 70+ million too.

Torres looks worse now than he did with us. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement