Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Phoenix wrote: »
    And wore the zoro mask as a good luck charm:pac:

I don't know why, but I really liked him, even if he wasn't scoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Torres has his moments, but for every good moment there was an equal and opposite worse moment.

Good:
    Scoring vs Utd at OT with a great dink.
    Scoring at the Camp Nou against that shower.
    Scoring the opening goal in the EL 2013 Final and generally playing well in it.

Bad:
    Missing an open goal to make it 3-2 with a few minutes to go against Utd at OT.
    Numerous and frequent goal droughts, too many to name including not scoring inthe league for Chelsea for over 4months when he first joined.

I am just most happy with his last goal against liverpool last season :D

Carpentry wrote: »
    I am just most happy with his last goal against liverpool last season :D

The assist to Willian :confused:

Hes never scored against Liverpool for us AFAIK, hes hit the bar and post a few times though.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The assist to Willian :confused:

Hes never scored against Liverpool for us AFAIK, hes hit the bar and post a few times though.

That's what I meant, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Torres has his moments, but for every good moment there was an equal and opposite worse moment.

Good:
    Scoring vs Utd at OT with a great dink.
    Scoring at the Camp Nou against that shower.
    Scoring the opening goal in the EL 2013 Final and generally playing well in it.

Bad:
    Missing an open goal to make it 3-2 with a few minutes to go against Utd at OT.
    Numerous and frequent goal droughts, too many to name including not scoring inthe league for Chelsea for over 4months when he first joined.

Definitely the lowlight for him imo... he was consistently bad but that was horrific.

I think he came on in the same game actually, scored after about 2mins.

There was huge issues in that game, Sturridge missed an open goal too, Ramires missed from 6 yards out.

Utds 3rd was a clearance by JT that rebounded to Rooney in the 6 yard box. 3-0 at HT was mental really.

I think Utd missed a penalty in the same game at 3-1 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Biggest mistake was his debut vs the pool!
    He was 1 on 1 and missed- start as you mean to go on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

This could get interesting regarding lamps, Man City, New York, MLS and the CFG group 12 point deduction would be fine and dandy me thinks.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/1/8/7514099/chelsea-fc-manchester-city-new-york-city-football-club-frank-lampard-third-party-ownership-fa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jose charged by FA over comments after Southampton game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

This could get interesting regarding lamps, Man City, New York, MLS and the CFG group 12 point deduction would be fine and dandy me thinks.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/1/8/7514099/chelsea-fc-manchester-city-new-york-city-football-club-frank-lampard-third-party-ownership-fa

Ha, busted!

None of that will ever stick, I'm sure City have corssed all the t's and dotted the i's before taking him on.

also the FA wont dock a big team points, slap on the wrist at the very worse for the big boys.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    Jose charged by FA over comments after Southampton game

I love this, it wont be his last this season anyway.

None of that will ever stick, I'm sure City have corssed all the t's and dotted the i's before taking him on.

also the FA wont dock a big team points, slap on the wrist at the very worse for the big boys.

I love this, it wont be his last this season anyway.

I think it might be an issue. Stateside you sign a contract with the league, not the club, so if MLS are saying they never signed anything with Lamps and that was an official statement and not some stuff said off camera, then its clear that it's third-party ownership.

Now whether anything gets done about it is another matter.

kalych wrote: »
    I think it might be an issue. Stateside you sign a contract with the league, not the club, so if MLS are saying they never signed anything with Lamps and that was an official statement and not some stuff said off camera, then its clear that it's third-party ownership.

I just cant see the FA taking a stand over it, well so much so that theyll dock City points.

A slap on the wrist and warning will all theyll manage to get from the FA

Jose has apparently pulled out of the press conference tomorrow in protest to the FA charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jose has apparently pulled out of the press conference tomorrow in protest to the FA charge.

Sounds like he's avoiding Messi questions if you ask me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Messi starts for Barca.

Nice of Jose to let him have his swansong!

I just cant see the FA taking a stand over it, well so much so that theyll dock City points.

A slap on the wrist and warning will all theyll manage to get from the FA

The Gaunaird getting their teeth into it looking for answers from FA who have given stock move on nothing to see here answer. I like the Gaunaird possibly the best British newspaper there is and are quite thorough. Only thing is originated in Manchester (originally the Manchester Gaunaird ) but maybe United fans.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Messi starts for Barca.

Nice of Jose to let him have his swansong!

Ya i just seen the line up. Its an extremely strong side.

Be grand we'll take the risk on a player thats still being used. :pac:

• Advertisement

The Gaunaird getting their teeth into it looking for answers from FA who have given stock move on nothing to see here answer. I like the Gaunaird possibly the best British newspaper there is and are quite thorough. Only thing is originated in Manchester (originally the Manchester Gaunaird ) but maybe United fans.

Even if there is any meat in the story Id still be very shocked if city got pulled on it. They need to come out and show lamps is a NY player and not the holding company otherwise it might get interesting.

SkyItalia journo Di Marzio posted on his website that Wolfsburg are prepared to make a bid of 30 mil for Schürrle. Thoughts?

I'd personally take the money and run, even though I like him as a personality, but not impressed as a player this season. He might be suffering from post WC year and might be much better next year, but we need him performing now. Cant have players going through the season like that. Disclaimer: I know he's been a bit sick previously, still though.

30million would be a good return on his investment but id probably keep him over Willian.

Although 30million probably gets ya Reus whos an improvement on both willian and schurrle.

I should mention that it's 30 million euro, so around 23-24 million pounds.

We signed him for about 18 million.

I will say that when he gets going and hes on the ball hes a much more attacking threat from wide than Willian, I hope we keep him and he turns around his fortunes as his best years are ahead of him yet, hes only 24 since november but this year illness and injury have restricted him to 11 games, 4 of which hes being subbed at half time, so he has to improve and I think he can.

He seems to have the right attitude anyway so for right no, I'd keep him.

I should mention that it's 30 million euro, so around 23-24 million pounds.

That's still a good price for someone who hasn't wowed in the team really. His World Cup antics must be inflating that for Germany?

That's still a good price for someone who hasn't wowed in the team really. His World Cup antics must be inflating that for Germany?

I reckon given a run he'd be more reliable than Willian.

I think as an attcking force its our weakest area, also subsequently, its our weakest area in defence as Ivan bombs on a lo and gets caught out of position a lot.

Leaves acres of grass in behind for a good FB to exploit or as Spurs done, loaded our right side.

I'd like to see stats but I'm convinced nearly all the goals came from the right side, or Spurs left as Rose and particularly Kane, targeted Ivans space in behind and the exposed Cahill.

I'd actually like to see Azp at RB as he's more than capable from an attacking in play FB and it wouldnt expose the right flank as hes much quicker than Ivan, nay even provide Cahill more cover and it would allow Luis to play LB.

with that in mind, I really have no faith whatsoever in Willian's defensive duties. Anytime he, or anyone else in his area, loses the ball he runs back and hacks down the opponent usually giving away a foul and sometimes a card. As sure as Mikel will do a sideways or backwards pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's a good price if true. Sell him and invest in a new player.

He's the type of player who needs to play every game and that's not going to happen at Chelsea so you wont see the best of him.

• Advertisement

I reckon given a run he'd be more reliable than Willian.

I think as an attcking force its our weakest area, also subsequently, its our weakest area in defence as Ivan bombs on a lo and gets caught out of position a lot.

Leaves acres of grass in behind for a good FB to exploit or as Spurs done, loaded our right side.

I'd like to see stats but I'm convinced nearly all the goals came from the right side, or Spurs left as Rose and particularly Kane, targeted Ivans space in behind and the exposed Cahill.

I'd actually like to see Azp at RB as he's more than capable from an attacking in play FB and it wouldnt expose the right flank as hes much quicker than Ivan, nay even provide Cahill more cover and it would allow Luis to play LB.

I don't think consistency/reliability is something he will ever offer tbh, but he offers more of a direct threat than willian. I'd only want to sell him because that's such a good price for an under-performing player.

I'd love to see Azpi at rb too, not even just because he's quicker/better but it would give us an opportunity to play a balanced fb pairing instead of the weird Ivan (the former cb) going forward and azpi left back... In saying that I'm not sure would Luis be capable defensively of filling the role?

duploelabs wrote: »
    with that in mind, I really have no faith whatsoever in Willian's defensive duties. Anytime he, or anyone else in his area, loses the ball he runs back and hacks down the opponent usually giving away a foul and sometimes a card. As sure as Mikel will do a sideways or backwards pass

I'd still prefer to Schurrle play instead of Willian, Willian will arguably cover more ground but Schurrle is much more forward thinking in his approach, he scored 2 tap ins against City in the last 2 games by making great runs into the back post that no other winger we have will make, hes got a very attacking mindset that will be hugely useful in the long run IMO, we could upgrade but if we take the 20 odd million we'll get for him to get a truly world class replacement in we may have to add another 10/15 Million on top of that.
    Kirby wrote: »
    It's a good price if true. Sell him and invest in a new player.

He's the type of player who needs to play every game and that's not going to happen at Chelsea so you wont see the best of him.

Its probably his market value, he has gone down but hes not exactly add to his value massively, I'd be annoyed to see him sold but we can certainly upgrade on Schurrle and Willian.

I don't think consistency/reliability is something he will ever offer tbh, but he offers more of a direct threat than willian. I'd only want to sell him because that's such a good price for an under-performing player.

I'd love to see Azpi at rb too, not even just because he's quicker/better but it would give us an opportunity to play a balanced fb pairing instead of the weird Ivan (the former cb) going forward and azpi left back... In saying that I'm not sure would Luis be capable defensively of filling the role?

Ivans a good defensive FB, strong as an ox, well able to tackle, not exactly slow and excellent at attacking/defending set pieces.

Any time ya watch Chelsea, the majority of our goal kicks and kicks from the GK's hands are aimed at Ivan whos usually pushed well in advance of the halfway line and he usually wins those headers, what it also does is shuts off the left wing for pther teams GK's as they know Ivan will beat most FB's/Wingers in the league in an aerial dual if he aims that way.

Spurs got around this by playing short to the CB or CM and playing balls over the top of Ivan into space for Rose/Chadli/Kane to run in behind and it was devasting.

I feel you undervalue Willian Gav.

Leaving aside his defensive work, which is tremendous btw (how many attacking players work as hard as that), look at the goal he scored last week. Tremendous goal.

"Nobody stays and Nobody goes"

Who writes this crap.....:P

• Advertisement

That tweet makes no sense....opr else my head if fried from work.

How can nobody stay and on the other hand nobody goes? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

"Nobody stays and Nobody goes"

Who writes this crap.....:P

mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1-640x381-600x357.jpg

I feel you undervalue Willian Gav.

Leaving aside his defensive work, which is tremendous btw (how many attacking players work as hard as that), look at the goal he scored last week. Tremendous goal.

I think without checking he managed 4 league goals last year......in fact I'm going to check.......

Yup, 4 league goals last year and 4 goals in total. :eek:

Thats a terrible return, 4 in 42 matches overall, its nowhere near good enough IMO and that type of goal he got last week or the one against Norwich last year are very rare in fact any goal from him is rare.

Offers nowhere near enough attacking threat or end product to justify a) his price tag and b) his inclusion in the starting XI, IMO.

Would love to see a back four of Dave, Zouma, JT, Luis tomorrow - I really think that is our best line up. The bulk you lose with Ivan is more than made up for with Zouma, Luis was part of a defence that only conceded 26 goals last season in quite a strong league and came within one man on a post at a corner from winning the CL. Cahill is a good solid player but thats it, Ivan slightly better but not absolute top class.

Still no hope of seeing that back 4 tomorrow which is a shame.

Would love to see a back four of Dave, Zouma, JT, Luis tomorrow - I really think that is our best line up. The bulk you lose with Ivan is more than made up for with Zouma, Luis was part of a defence that only conceded 26 goals last season in quite a strong league and came within one man on a post at a corner from winning the CL. Cahill is a good solid player but thats it, Ivan slightly better but not absolute top class.

Still no hope of seeing that back 4 tomorrow which is a shame.

Ya, its a pipe dream at this stage, might see it in one of the cup but in the league, no hope.

Given that Cahill has been muck when we;ve dropped points and at fault for a few goals I'd sling his hook and give Zouma a crack at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Would love to see a back four of Dave, Zouma, JT, Luis tomorrow -

Unleash the Full backs! :D
    Not Joses' style though, would be fun to watch. Like the oul Bosingwa/Cole unleashing under the Scolari era.

Firstly unleash Costa tomorrow :pac:

Then we can worry about the rest in due course.

Its going to be a hearty bet on Hazard or Costa 1st goal and Chelsea win tomorrow ;)

Seen on Twitter City are pretty much back to full strength.

aguero, Dzeko and Kompany all available for the game away to Everton which I expect City to win by many, everton are terrible.

I really am starting to think there is more to this than meets the eye, have a funny feeling City dropped a clanger somewhere and are trying to cover it up, I do hope the Guardian and others keep pressing Citygate (copyright grumpymunster publications inc :D)

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/news/man-city-admit-to-lampard-contract-errors_197875.html

I'd say a fine would be the worst that theyed manage to get.

Pretty much liek West Ham and Tevez, if it goes down that route.

I think you are right Gav but hopefully it might unsettle them a bit, funny though

If it is TPO they deserve a docking of points but I dont think the FA will have the balls to do anything about it other than take the softly softly approach.

I wonder what would happen if it was us involved? Probably relegation to League 2 :pac:

So tomorrow, with a full strength City team going to a very out of sort Everton team we have to win ourselves.

So tomorrow, with a full strength City team going to a very out of sort Everton team we have to win ourselves.

Yup, important game, if hope we go out with real pupose for it. I'm away for the weekend so can't even steam so I'll be following here for updates :)

Krul back tomorrow.

Cisse and Tiote both away at the ACON.

Chelsea have no new injury worries.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement