Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

cadaliac wrote: »
    Agreed, I was making more of a reference to your post above though, looking at the positions that he scores from. Just exactly - his function - if you know what I mean.
    Exactly , as you said, what we were missing last year. I think the whole of the premiership, along with us, know how dangerous he is / can be.

Ya, I wouldnt care if he got 20 inside the box, sure last year all but one of his Atletico goals came from outside the box, hes not that type of CF, like Aguero or Suarez who will take on guys and beat them over 20 / 30 yards and drive one home or hes not going to shot from 25 yards and get a screamer but as long as hes in the box and occupying defences I'll be thrilled.

Last year if one of the 3 CFs were playing bad you knew that even from the bench we had f**k all, now we've got 2 viable options in Remy and of course the Drog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I wouldnt care if he got 20 inside the box, sure last year all but one of his Atletico goals came from outside the box, hes not that type of CF, like Aguero or Suarez who will take on guys and beat them over 20 / 30 yards and drive one home or hes not going to shot from 25 yards and get a screamer but as long as hes in the box and occupying defences I'll be thrilled.

Last year if one of the 3 CFs were playing bad you knew that even from the bench we had f**k all, now we've got 2 viable options in Remy and of course the Drog.
    spot on.

McDave wrote: »
    Job done against Newcastle. Three more scrappy points against Swansea will be fine too. Keep our powder dry for a big performance against City. That's the way to do it.

Its all building up to the City game isnt it?

Huge game really but IMO its an old cliche, but its 1 game at a time, this race will keep swinging and turning so i'm taking nothing for granted, City could have easily won today even though a draw was pretty fair TBH.

This summed up our first half, let alone our first 10mins.

17 missed place passes in the first 10mins alone.

B6_260wCMAEyNQF.png

Interesting
    Eden Hazard has now completed 99 take-ons in the Premier League this season, more than any other player managed in the WHOLE of last season.

Petr Cech has now kept a clean sheet in 7 of his last 9 Premier League games for Chelsea

B7ARrxLCMAEDbit.jpg:large

Most goals (ex. pens) across Europe's top 5 leagues this season:

Cristiano Ronaldo (18)
    Diego Costa & Lionel Messi (15)
    Alex Lacazette (14)

Oscar now has 7 assists in the Premier League this season, the same number as the previous 2 seasons combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    Interesting

Thats really interesting, is that saying its more than Hazard had himself last season?

GavRedKing wrote:
    Petr Cech has now kept a clean sheet in 7 of his last 9 Premier League games for Chelsea

He is near the record isn't he?

• Advertisement

Thats really interesting, is that saying its more than Hazard had himself last season?

Apparently. Hes got more freedom now as teams are worried about cesc and costa too so they cant afford to double mark him out of a game.

He is near the record isn't he?

6 away from drawing level.

170 v 164

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

6 away from drawing level.

170 v 164

In almost half the games 572 to 328.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Word is that COurtois has broken his thumb so Cech might have a run at the record now

Id say courtois will be given time to recover.

Our next 4 games are

Swansea
    Liverpool
    Bradford/millwall
    Liverpool

Get courtois back then for the city game if possible and UCL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good weekend for us :D

Utd drop points city too.

Ya pretty good. Arsenal were impressive and will be a danger with a full squad.

One thing as well, im delighted we didnt go in for Falcao.

Guys injured to much to be truly effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Luke shaw was poor today, bullet dodged?

Is he only back from injury?

Did he cost as much as costa?

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Luke shaw was poor today, bullet dodged?

Is he only back from injury?

Did he cost as much as costa?

Shaw will be good in time. Hes still only 19 but his price and wages were pretty high IMO.

Well i think if Utd buy Falcao he'll cost them about 35million id prefer Costa as he hasnt had such a serious injury which takes a while to come back from or even if he can fully come back for it.

Kurt Zouma -

'One of the first days in training, Didier (Drogba) handed me his phone, saying it was for me. I picked up, Desailly answered.'

Pogbas scored a cracker tonight.

Cant wait to see that next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Messi scored as well, can't wait to see that next year too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Kurt Zouma -

'One of the first days in training, Didier (Drogba) handed me his phone, saying it was for me. I picked up, Desailly answered.'

Can't imagine how great that must be for a young French defender starting his career.!

Rumors Falcao stormed out of Old Trafford after hearing he wasn't in the matchday squad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Kurt Zouma -

How cool must that of been, one club great getting ya a call with another. Drogba definitely laying his foundations well for a coaching future with us hopefully!

Killinator wrote: »
    Can't imagine how great that must be for a young French defender starting his career.!

Ya, thats just one tiny positive that drogba brings to the table. Hes an excellent role model and hes had a great effect on the teams morale it seems.

Hazard speaks very highly of him too.

Ya, thats just one tiny positive that drogba brings to the table. Hes an excellent role model and hes had a great effect on the teams morale it seems.

Hazard speaks very highly of him too.

He seems to be enjoying the role himself too. Lukaku must regret missing that opportunity

Rumors Falcao stormed out of Old Trafford after hearing he wasn't in the matchday squad!

I think it was fake. Someone in the utd thread said he watched on his with family. Doesnt change the fact id rather costa right now for a cheaper fee and cheaper wages too.

Very hard to recover from that injury fully.

He seems to be enjoying the role himself too. Lukaku must regret missing that opportunity

Ya, i just think lukaku was like de bruyne and thought he was better than what he is currently.

no shame having confidence but in truth costa is better at every part of the game, movement and hold up play being two huge things lukaku has yet toaster.he'll be good and could be better than costa but for the here and now, its diego all the way.

Etoo left everton too recently.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote:

Did he hell?

Did he hell?

Sampodoria i think hes gone to.

Sampodoria i think hes gone to.

There's talk of a year and a half deal with Samdoria ala Torres to Milan deal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ya, i just think lukaku was like de bruyne and thought he was better than what he is currently.

no shame having confidence but in truth costa is better at every part of the game, movement and hold up play being two huge things lukaku has yet toaster.he'll be good and could be better than costa but for the here and now, its diego all the way.

Eto'o leaving Everton will be good for them I think. As for Lukaku don't think he will ever achieve what Costa will achieve - Costa is a worker in his early career he was loaned all over the place learned from it and when the chance came took it. Lukaku acts like a spoilt brat in my view unless his attitude changes he will always be a moderately sized fish in a small pond no more.

Eto'o leaving Everton will be good for them I think. As for Lukaku don't think he will ever achieve what Costa will achieve - Costa is a worker in his early career he was loaned all over the place learned from it and when the chance came took it. Lukaku acts like a spoilt brat in my view unless his attitude changes he will always be a moderately sized fish in a small pond no more.

I think Lukaku will get a big move eventually, not trying to belittle Everton buta titla chasing side somewhere in Europe will probably pick him up or he'll throw a fit and leave Everton eventually.

He probably should have stgayed another year but when we got 28million for him and used that to get Costa for 32milion, thats a bargain, IMO.

Same with Luiz going for 50million and getting Cesc in for just north of 30million.

Lukaku has been found out. He's used to being a big fish and now he's got to the big time he doesn't have the mindset/ego to deal with being on the bench or the skill set to adjust to the fact that he's not able to bully players off the ball like he was when he was 16

Excellent article on our finances by The Swiss Ramble who is an Arsenal fan but is usually spot on in his analysis.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/01/chelsea-hey-hey-my-my-into-black.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good to see that BS that Arsenal have a higher wages bill than Chelsea has been put to rest

greendom wrote: »
    Good to see that BS that Arsenal have a higher wages bill than Chelsea has been put to rest

Figures are from last season, there is no way to know until this years accounts are published.

• Advertisement

The figure of £166.4m for Arsenal doesn't take into account Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck, Mathieu Debuchy, David Ospina and Calum Chambers. That's probably an extra £15m, where-as Chelsea got very high earners such as Torres, Cole and Lampard off the books while bringing in Costa and Fabregas.

I'd have them neck and neck tbh, realistically he difference is only 1 or 2 million max.

Kalas fills full-back spot - Karanka - BBC Sport - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30778977

Great news imo, could well be a squad player next year or at worst will be sellable to a promoted team or Germany or something

I'd imagine the difference between the wage bills are pretty close.

The real eye opener from those figures is the "commericial revenue" 2012/13 of City and PSG, its hugely high for those tyeams IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

David luiz makes the fifa team of the year At the ballon d'or

I seen that, jaysus, theres hope for the rest of us :eek:

peteeeed wrote: »
    David luiz makes the fifa team of the year At the ballon d'or

That completely devalues the whole awards

Can we ask PSG for another couple of million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Can we ask PSG for another couple of million?

I'd be careful there Gav... Next thing you know, Lamps is miraculously loaned out to PSG just for the two fixtures against us in the CL... Turns out there is a Holding Holding company that owns all these emirates clubs that he signed a contract with...

Let's just be happy with what we got... I know I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Luiz was in the team because of his services to Chelsea. We were nearly able to buy Fabregas and Costa with the money! He won us the league by himself!

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Luiz was in the team because of his services to Chelsea. We were nearly able to buy Fabregas and Costa with the money! He won us the league by himself!

Just think Luiz and Lukaku went for 88million.

Cesc and Costa cost 63million.

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement