Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    He might well have chose United over us but I think our interest cooled a while ago.

Ya there appeared to be no interest from us for a long time, I think we seen the figure and realised it wasnt a place we really needed to blow that amount of cash on.
    Techless wrote: »
    From the United thread, not sure if that would be regarded as reputable :rolleyes:

Ecstatic over there with their new signings, wish the Costa deal was finally put to bed.

Theyve done well and with a 1st class manager too they'll be a serious threat next year.
    If he's a Chelsea fan of any sorts, he would have come to the Bridge if there was any interest

Here's hoping we go for a young enough LB like Ricardo Rodriguez instead of wasting money on Filipe Luis, well not wasting but its not a great long term investment, which is what ffp is making a lot of transfers into

as above I just think we weighed up the options and said no chance at 30million for a LB.

I share your thoughts on Luis though, hes a good LB but we need to think long term 7-10 years, not 3-5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Techless wrote: »
    From the United thread, not sure if that would be regarded as reputable :rolleyes:

Ecstatic over there with their new signings, wish the Costa deal was finally put to bed.

Whatever floats there boat but I'd be pretty certain that if Jose fluttered his eyelashes he'd have rocked up at the bridge.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Whatever floats there boat but I'd be pretty certain that if Jose fluttered his eyelashes he'd have rocked up at the bridge.

If we paid the asking price he'd have been at the bridge no problem. Hes in for abuse/banter at the bridge when he visits anyway.

Just seen the Courtois save from the korea game. Great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

well if ever there was a day that says 'don't buy british' its today

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just seen the Courtois save from the korea game. Great save.

Cracker of a save that from a very spirited korea, if a little toothless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Aubameyang would be a good back-up option for striker.

If we sign Pogba where will we play Kroos?

Lukker- wrote: »

We could loan him out to vitesse

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

3-6-1

Courtois

Cahill JT Zouma

Hazard Kroos Cesc Oscar Pogba Willian

Costa

:D:D:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2671578/Has-Premier-Leagues-love-foreign-stars-ruined-England-After-dismal-World-Cup-just-English-academy-graduates-YOUR-club-brought-through.html

CHELSEA GRADUATE XI

GK: N/A
    Sam Hutchinson (07- ) Michael Duberry (93-99) John Terry (98- ) Jon Harley (96-01)
    Paul Hughes (94-00) Josh McEachran (10- ) Jody Morris (95-03)
    Mark Nicholls (94-01) Carlton Cole (01-06) Neil Shipperley (92-95)

No of seasons in the top-flight: 22
    No of English graduates to appear five or more times for the club in Premier League: 10

Terrible stat :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Willian won't be our next penalty taker anyway. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Willian won't be our next penalty taker anyway. :pac:

That was poor alright but he did look lively when he came on.

I still want Cavani.....can we give them Oscar and money and bring in pogba too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I still want Cavani.....can we give them Oscar and money and bring in pogba too.

get out.......

of town you crazy son of a gun! I want Sanchez.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone know much about Aubameyang we're linked with?

Would have liked to get him as back up before he went to Dortmund.

Dont think he'll come unless its for a big fee

Panthro wrote: »
    get out.......

of town you crazy son of a gun! I want Sanchez.

Nah :pac: sure a small fella cant play upfront in the EPL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Anyone know much about Aubameyang we're linked with?

Aubameyang is a very pacy forward. He can play from the left of a front three or through the middle. Would definitely be a good option for us upfront. Would thrive in the counter attacking system we used in the bigger games.

Was brilliant for Saint Etienne the year before last.
    Moved to Dortmund last year and played mostly on the left wing and up front when Lewandowski was injured at the start of the season.

Think he scored a hattrick on his debut for Dortmund and got 15-16 goals in all competitions for them mostly from the wing when he started.

Don't know why they'd want to sell him but they have brought in Adrian Ramos and Ciro Immobile as replacements for Lewandowski.

• Advertisement

I still want Cavani James Rodriguez.....can we give them Oscar and money and bring in pogba too.

FYP

Cavani's been muck again in a big game.

James Rodriguez... Now there's a No 10. Tracks back, not afraid of defending and scores goals and assists consistently. Sign him up Jose. :pac:

Get his mate Falcao as well while we're at it. :D

FYP

Cavani's been muck again in a big game.

James Rodriguez... Now there's a No 10. Tracks back, not afraid of defending and scores goals and assists consistently. Sign him up Jose. :pac:

Get his mate Falcao as well while we're at it. :D

If we start buying more number 10s we'll end up having another 12 of them.

:pac:

I dont think anyone can afford him anyway

If we start buying more number 10s we'll end up having another 12 of them.

:pac:

I dont think anyone can afford him anyway

But.. but... swap Oscar for Rodriguez ... problem solved :pac:
    We all dream of a team of No 10's!!

In fairness you're right. His transfer fee has probably shot up by about 25-30 million over the last 2 weeks alone.
    And Real Madrid are tapping him up looking to sign him if reports are to be believed.

Realistically we might be able to afford Ricardo Rodriguez... and Pogba :pac:

But.. but... swap Oscar for Rodriguez ... problem solved :pac:
    We all dream of a team of No 10's!!

In fairness you're right. His transfer fee has probably shot up by about 25-30 million over the last 2 weeks alone.
    And Real Madrid are tapping him up looking to sign him if reports are to be believed.

Realistically we might be able to afford Ricardo Rodriguez... and Pogba :pac:

One we badly need and the other would be a very expensive luxury but would sort us in cm for years to come.

Theres still about 20million from the Luiz deal to use then youve got the tv and epl prize money money, nearly 90million so thats about 110 million.

costa 30-35
    Pogba 50 +
    R.Rodriguez 15-20

that blows the kitty but thats without factoring un selling players either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Screw Pogba. Am I the only one who wants to see a 3 man midfield of Fabregas Matic Oscar or possibly Fabregas Matic Van Ginkel. (Next season is going to be Van Ginkels season I say hoping he doesnt get a loan)

Have we signed Costa, Pogba, Kroos, Messi, Jesus Christ yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nope, but we've Cesc.. and Torres is still with us.
    *sighhhhhhhhh*

Panthro wrote: »
    Nope, but we've Cesc.. and Torres is still with us.
    *sighhhhhhhhh*

Torres is waiting to complete his medal set so this year weve to win the league and league cup then he can have his swan song. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

It should be clearer from Tuesday when the Spanish transfer window opens.

I expect a flurry of transfers extending to shortly after the WC final, followed by an intensive domestic pre-season to bed down half a dozen new acquisitions.

Then we hit the ground running with 10 premiership victories in a row! :pac:

McDave wrote: »
    It should be clearer from Tuesday when the Spanish transfer window opens.

I expect a flurry of transfers extending to shortly after the WC final, followed by an intensive domestic pre-season to bed down half a dozen new acquisitions.

Then we hit the ground running with 10 premiership victories in a row! :pac:

Utd have signed Herrera while barca have signed 2/3 players :pac:

Pre season doesnt start until 7/8 july so weve plenty of time to get things sorted

• Advertisement

Utd have signed Herrera while barca have signed 2/3 players :pac:

Pre season doesnt start until 7/8 july so weve plenty of time to get things sorted
    Strictly speaking Athletic Bilbao is in the Basque Country, and Barca in Catalonia. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Strictly speaking Athletic Bilbao is in the Basque Country, and Barca in Catalonia. ;)

Theyre all Spanish even if the dont wanna be :pac:

Sounds like Jorge Mendes is trying to increase his slice of whatever deal Carvalho gets going to Utd by name dropping Chelsea.

Haven't heard us linked with him previously.

We're pretty sorted for CMs now so i dont think theres anything even in the Pogba rumours.

Weve 2 positions to fill and 1 seems done in Costa/Lukaku.

I think Chelsea just like trolling other clubs transfer dealings!
    And getting the asking prices up, no doubt!

There was a rather unfounded, from what I can see, Twitter rumour doing the rounds that Roman was offered 3 billion by a Shiek for Chelsea this weekend.

Loads of balls anyway, i dont think we'd be sold for that much at all, nowhere near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

There was a rather unfounded, from what I can see, Twitter rumour doing the rounds that Roman was offered 3 billion by a Shiek for Chelsea this weekend.

Loads of balls anyway, i dont think we'd be sold for that much at all, nowhere near it.

3 billion I thought Luiz was overpriced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

exactly what a club like Chelsea needs to take them to the next level :pac:

exactly what a club like Chelsea needs to take them to the next level :pac:

I think the price is being mentioned is trying factor in Romans overall investment, which is wishful thinking TBH.

If we were sold if id say Roman would hope for a huge bid but he wouldnt even come close to breaking even.

I think the price is being mentioned is trying factor in Romans overall investment, which is wishful thinking TBH.

If we were sold if id say Roman would hope for a huge bid but he wouldnt even come close to breaking even.

Roman has spent over 2 billion on Chelsea, i remember seeing that figure being passed last year. Plus the 60m he paid for Chelsea, it leaves the figure at less than a billion really for the club

Roman has spent over 2 billion on Chelsea, i remember seeing that figure being passed last year. Plus the 60m he paid for Chelsea, it leaves the figure at less than a billion really for the club

Chelsea as a brand and as a football force is worlds ahead of what he bought into.

He paid small money but had to pay off debts aswell, he'd want HUGE money to sell but i just cant see it really, not in the coming years anyway.

Chelsea as a brand and as a football force is worlds ahead of what he bought into.

He paid small money but had to pay off debts aswell, he'd want HUGE money to sell but i just cant see it really, not in the coming years anyway.

i doubt he sees Chelsea as an investment he can make money on, but that he bought the club to flash his wealth and be the man who turned Chelsea into a true force. all in all 3 league titles and 1 champions league in 11 years isn't a great return on his investment

i doubt he sees Chelsea as an investment he can make money on, but that he bought the club to flash his wealth and be the man who turned Chelsea into a true force. all in all 3 league titles and 1 champions league in 11 years isn't a great return on his investment

Considering what city have won its a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Strictly(er) speaking the Basque and Catalonia regions are two seperate regions with their own local governance and language

Javier Hernandez has handed in a transfer request, apparently.

I really hope we're not linked with him TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Javier Hernandez has handed in a transfer request, apparently.

I really hope we're not linked with him TBH.

Unless he wants to swap one bench for another I doubt it. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement