Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Yup. Solid at the back too.

If I was Martinez i'd be fuming at McGeady. Stupid challenge.

Noble was very clever by taking the tackle he could have vaulted him but played for the contact. Mcgeady shouldnt have slid in though.

Just in the west ham v everton game.

Stones tries to block a cross , ball hits his hand, free on the edge of the box.

Collocini does the same thing and we get nothing. These inconsistencies are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just in the west ham v everton game.

Stones tries to block a cross , ball hits his hand, free on the edge of the box.

Collocini does the same thing and we get nothing. These inconsistencies are a joke.

What a finish to game this is though!

Great cup game. Hoping for extra time

Penalties. What a game. How that finished 2-2 is beyond me, could have been 6-6! Fair play to Everton, real character shown with 10 men

I hate Nolan

Keepers about 2 yards off his line

Keepers about 2 yards off his line

Even the penalties were great! Big Sam, Kev Nolan and Andy Carroll off for a Kebab and a few pints now

Even the penalties were great! Big Sam, Kev Nolan and Andy Carroll off for a Kebab and a few pints now

and a punch up afterwards, the equation for a good night up around the east end is :

Pints + Kebab
    ____________ = Good night
    Fights

• Advertisement

For the Capital 1 Cup games against the 'Pool, Gerrard could be out, Sterling will be back and Sturridge may feature at some stage.

I think its a good opportunity to get to final so we should mix up the team from those who start on Saturday but we should be mindful also that the 2nd leg is at the Bridge, as long as we're not 3 goals or more down going back to the Bridge I'll be happy enough that we'd overturn a 1 or 2 goal loss from Anfield.

The priority would be win in Wales with no injuries or bans that would affect the City game in 2weeks.

The Yokohama rumours as our sponsors is gathering traction on other Chelsea forums, namely the UK ones.

Somebody knows something.

Curerntly Utds deal with Cheverolet is the most expensive at 47million a year, Emirates and Etihad at 30million a go.

The Yokohama deal is meant to be worth 40million a year which would be huge and excellent, an improvement on our 18million with Samsung.

Jose refusing to speak to the media and further landing him in trouble with the FA has gone on to.......land him in trouble with the Premier League :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11343871/Jose-Mourinho-media-blackout-leaves-Chelsea-manager-facing-questions-from-the-Premier-League.html
    Mourinho has not spoken to the media since he was charged by the FA and it is understood that he intends to continue this stance while that misconduct process is ongoing. This is contrary to Premier League rules, which require managers to speak to the media both before and after games. As the FA oversees the disciplinary processes in football, it leaves the Premier League in the unusual position of potentially acting against one of its competition’s highest profile characters.

Cant link it but Miguel Delaney tweeted that we were in for Bony in the summer but settled on the cheaper Remy.

City now have 4 of the top 5 EPL scorers of the last 12months, could be a vital signing for city and help them retain their title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He'll go off to the africa cup of nations and then waste away on the bench, in more uplifting news this monday marks a year anniversary since Cech conceded a goal at the bridge

duploelabs wrote: »
    He'll go off to the africa cup of nations and then waste away on the bench, in more uplifting news this monday marks a year anniversary since Cech conceded a goal at the bridge

Well for the money, I dont think we needed a Bony, maybe if we didnt sign Costa but we do have Costa so we need a good back up option that was cheap yet good enough.

We wouldnt have lost to Sunderland 2-1 had Cech been on goal, Schwarzer spilling an effort on to Wickhams foot is one of the worst moments of last year and effectively cost us any last drama with the title.

We were 1-0 up and all in that game had we won that game we'd have went to Anfield right in the pack and giving us confident against Norwich.

Had we won our last 4 games instead of w2 d1 l1 we'd have won the league by a single point. All because of Mark Schwarzer or Luiz who pushed I think it was Koke into Cech and forced him out of the UCL tie and season. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Next Monday it will be 1 year since Petr Cech conceded a Premier League goal in Stamford Bridge :eek:

A year? :eek:

Jaysus, Utd were the last team to put a goal past Cech at the Bridge in the league, January 19th.

I had to Google who got the Utd goal, I know we went 3-0 after an Eto'o hat trick.

Javier Hernandez got a goal for Utd that day.

:pac::pac::pac:
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Next Monday it will be 1 year since Petr Cech conceded a Premier League goal in Stamford Bridge :eek:

So I'm going to revise my "how many points will we win the title by " guess to 2.

:o

Although I'd take it on goal difference if I could, a title is a title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

The Yokohama rumours as our sponsors is gathering traction on other Chelsea forums, namely the UK ones.

Somebody knows something.

Curerntly Utds deal with Cheverolet is the most expensive at 47million a year, Emirates and Etihad at 30million a go.

The Yokohama deal is meant to be worth 40million a year which would be huge and excellent, an improvement on our 18million with Samsung.

Aren´t we going with Turkish Airlines next season ?

Tonight is the replay between Bradford v Millwall, winner gets an away tie to Stamford Bridge, hoping for Bradford but part of me wants Millwall for the drama.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Aren´t we going with Turkish Airlines next season ?

Apparently not, news from Tim Riggins source says it conflicts with another airline we already have signed up as sponsor in Delta Airlines.

The only way we'd take on another airline, Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways etc is if they throw in a massive deal.

I'm not a fan of 2 line sponsors anyway so if its yokohama I'd be happy, if they throw in 40milliion a year too that would be even sweeter, over double what we get right now from Samsung.

Liverpool have taken 4100 tickets for the 2nd leg at the Bridge so will occupy nearly the entire Shed end with its capacity of 6100.

I hate that 10% rule for cup games TBH.

30k posts.

What a waste of time. :o

30000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    30k posts.

Congrats Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

30k posts.

What a waste of time. :o

Sure what else would you have done? Learn a language? A tradeskill? Pfff.

You've got your priorities right! :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Sure what else would you have done? Learn a language? A tradeskill? Pfff.

You've got your priorities right! :p

Dont worry I'm updating my CV as I speak. :cool:

Internet censorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Goderator :pac:

If I try and justify it, its only 13 posts a day since I joined :pac:

Over 6 years ago :D

• Advertisement

Tonight is the replay between Bradford v Millwall, winner gets an away tie to Stamford Bridge, hoping for Bradford but part of me wants Millwall for the drama.

Could you imagine those ***** with a 10% allocation though? They'd tear up the Shed!

Could you imagine those ***** with a 10% allocation though? They'd tear up the Shed!

I think we'd have to have a police presence in the stadium, especially in the Shed end.

It would bring out the worst of the worst from Millwall and of course Chelsea. There would be trouble afterwards, maybe not on Fulham broadway butalong the way.

Best bet is to make it a Sunday early k/o so no boozers are open, not that it will stop others from being sloshed before they get to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Nice Bradford 3-0 up Xd

Spuds losing too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Bradford are going to beat Milwall at home imo

:D

Go on City. Game will be worth £500k and be a big help in the promotion push

:D

Go on City. Game will be worth £500k and be a big help in the promotion push

Much prefer them than the yobos of Millwall anyway.

We'll make plenty of changes so Bradford might have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Much prefer them than the yobos of Millwall anyway.

We'll make plenty of changes so Bradford might have a chance.

Yeah definitely the better match for you lot. Your 2nd choice will breeze it to be honest but the payout is what Bradford really want and a goo day out to a PL stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ramires apparently fully fit after struggling with a muscular tear in his abductor all season that limited his gametime. I hope he features a bit more I think we've been over-reliant on Cesc and Matic. Both have featured in every game bar suspensions so could do with a little rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted its Bradford, Millwall fans would have tore the Bridge up. :pac:

Thank fook for that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Glad on balance we got bradford but i was looking forward in a sadistic manner to getting milwall.
    On another matter I had an incredably frustrating morning this morning trying to get 4 seats togeather or even 2 + 2 on the wholely inadiquate chelsea ticketing page, I was online and in a que from 6.30 and for the next hour and a half waited as I watched each stand go from limited to single seat only.
    I eventually got online and got two togeather in the very last row of the west upper and then had to spend the next hour and a half on the phone to the box office to get another two which i eventually got in the top row of the east upper, all be it with a restricted view.
    as far as i can tell they are about 20 rows out from the devide between the east and Mathiew Harding.
    any body here have any idea how restricted the view is?
    the ticketing system is ridiculus IMO and very difficlt to organise a trip with family even with memberships ( unless you can afford E350 a head with marathon sports). Sooner the better we get an extra 20,000 seats, aside from my obvious frustration I was quite suprised at the stampeed for tickets today fora comparativly lowly prem opposition, goes to show the serious loss in revenue we incur week in wook out.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Glad on balance we got bradford but i was looking forward in a sadistic manner to getting milwall.
    On another matter I had an incredably frustrating morning this morning trying to get 4 seats togeather or even 2 + 2 on the wholely inadiquate chelsea ticketing page, I was online and in a que from 6.30 and for the next hour and a half waited as I watched each stand go from limited to single seat only.
    I eventually got online and got two togeather in the very last row of the west upper and then had to spend the next hour and a half on the phone to the box office to get another two which i eventually got in the top row of the east upper, all be it with a restricted view.
    as far as i can tell they are about 20 rows out from the devide between the east and Mathiew Harding.
    any body here have any idea how restricted the view is?
    the ticketing system is ridiculus IMO and very difficlt to organise a trip with family even with memberships ( unless you can afford E350 a head with marathon sports). Sooner the better we get an extra 20,000 seats, aside from my obvious frustration I was quite suprised at the stampeed for tickets today fora comparativly lowly prem opposition, goes to show the serious loss in revenue we incur week in wook out.

Games are selling out because of the points for the bigger games and possible cup finals going up.

People will take the hit on a 50 quid ticket if they know theyre going to get a ticket for lets say Utd or City or some such, even if they dont go to games they'll find a willing buyer somewhere.

I agree on the system alright its so slow and frustrating to try and use, really annoying.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ramires apparently fully fit after struggling with a muscular tear in his abductor all season that limited his gametime. I hope he features a bit more I think we've been over-reliant on Cesc and Matic. Both have featured in every game bar suspensions so could do with a little rest.

rambo to RB :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93845927&postcount=318
    I have two tickets for the Liverpool semi final on the 27th. Won't be able to make it over myself

Anybody looking for tickets :pac:

I'm going to City and all and I'd love to make a few days of it but I cant take time off work, barely got the monday off for the City game. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kasey palmer made it 2 in 2 days as he scored the first in the u-21 victory over porto last night, another cracker

https://vine.co/v/ODxtjJebmDV

So Bradford, only 2 years ago they reached the Capital 1 cup final by beating Arsenal and Villa on the way to the Final in which they lost 5-0 to Swansea.

A combination of youth and some experience should see us through but I'd prefer to go out than have a replay if we're losing going into the last few minutes.

Reus up for sale, we'd be nuts not to go for him

duploelabs wrote: »
    Reus up for sale, we'd be nuts not to go for him

Where dya see that? TBH, if we could sell Willian, Schurrle or Salah and get him in, I'd be delighted.

We should really be keeping Schurrle for the left hand side anyway, I know thats Hazards role but theres no harm in Schurrle getting a run out there and he can show his strength cutting in off the wing.

With Dortmund very likely to miss out on UCL football they could lose a few players. I think Reus said he wouldnt go to Bayern so we can rule them out at the moment so that leaves nearly every other club in Europe looking to sign Reus so.

No problem :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement