Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Where dya see that? TBH, if we could sell Willian, Schurrle or Salah and get him in, I'd be delighted.

We should really be keeping Schurrle for the left hand side anyway, I know thats Hazards role but theres no harm in Schurrle getting a run out there and he can show his strength cutting in off the wing.
    BD president saying he's for sale but can't remember where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No idea really, ive enough social media to come me going wihtout downloading another piece of it. :o

Couple of places running with the Turkish Airlines bid and how it might be off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2910659/Chelsea-s-25m-year-shirt-deal-Turkish-Airlines-stalls-sky-high-price.html

If its true that there is other backers invovled we should go with the highest bid simple really, football has so much revenue on it now the biggest companies will want to be sponsoring teams and if we can fleece a company of a few million then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apparently Inter want Zouma on loan. Not going to happen.

Was a lot of noise a few weeks ago about Van Ginkel cancelling his loan but haven't heard much since.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Apparently Inter want Zouma on loan. Not going to happen.

Was a lot of noise a few weeks ago about Van Ginkel cancelling his loan but haven't heard much since.

No hope of Happy going out on loan, hes better off with us and learning from JT.

Unless hes going to start every game for Inter and even at that, we're probably to thin on numbers to leave him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

According to Daily Express Reus off to Madrid, not sure how much game time he will get there.

As for Happy to Inter not a hope a) he is too good b) we have little enough defenders as it is c) Mancini manages them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

No deal on Zouma Inter, would a certain Salah interest you though?

According to Daily Express Reus off to Madrid, not sure how much game time he will get there.

As for Happy to Inter not a hope a) he is too good b) we have little enough defenders as it is c) Mancini manages them.

I couldnt see him getting into the Real Madrid team at all unless they throw CR7 upfront and drop Benzema.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    No deal on Zouma Inter, would a certain Salah interest you though?

I'd say since they got in Shaqiri theyre fine for wingers.

• Advertisement

Just looking at Citys business of buying attackers since the money rolled in :
    Robinho : 32.5m
    Jo : 18m
    Roque Santa Cruz : 17.5m
    Aguero : 38m
    Dzeko : 27m
    Jovetic : 25m
    Bony : 28m
    Negredo : 20m
    Balotelli : 25m
    Tevez : 25m
    Adebayor : 25m

Thats a total of 281m of CFs alone :eek:

Whats our worse piece of business under Roman?

Torres for 50m
    SWP for 21m

If Liverpool win all their remaining games they'll still finish on less points than what they managed last year. Some turn around.

Torres by a mile, People will say Sheva aswell but I quite like him still!

Torres by a mile, People will say Sheva aswell but I quite like him still!

We've had a few, I had forgot about Sheva who wasnt wanted to begin with, pretty much like Torres I'd imagine.

We've had a few, I had forgot about Sheva who wasnt wanted to begin with, pretty much like Torres I'd imagine.

Both had big roles to play in two great managers leaving through neither fault of their own

That's actually a misconception about Torres, he was a top target for Ancellotti for a couple of windows. Failure to integrate him is what cost him.

Selling then buying matic, torres, and then sheva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Van Ginkel really does need to be recalled and sent somewhere else or given a role with us. If he doesn't it'll be 2 years of his career wasted. Then again if he's not good enough to get into a Milan midfield consisting of has beens like De Jong, Muntari, Montolivo then maybe he's not good enough

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Selling then buying matic, torres, and then sheva

I actually don't rate selling Matic as a massive mistake.

There's probably no way he would have developed like this at Chelsea. The money we made on Luiz paid for him. I think we actually underpaid considerably for Matic. I think if he was sold now he'd go for over £40m.

He's the best CM/DM in the league and could possibly be the best DM in the world right now.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Torres has scored twice against real

2 excellent goals apparently.

Buy back Torres :pac:

2 excellent goals apparently.

Excellent is going abit far now, Good finish for the first, sold a dummy in the second and it hit off Navas's leg and went in. Was poor from open play and still seems clumsy.

Still can't see him being a hit there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Buy back Torres :pac:

El Ni? No! :pac:

Excellent is going abit far now, Good finish for the first, sold a dummy in the second and it hit off Navas's leg and went in. Was poor from open play and still seems clumsy.

Still can't see him being a hit there tbh.

2 good finishes, first one was very tidy. Showed good feet for the second. I think he will. Happy for him, unless he does it against us.

2 good finishes, first one was very tidy. Showed good feet for the second. I think he will. Happy for him, unless he does it against us.

He had a chance for the hattrick but he tried to cut inside, hit off his other foot and went astray. Griezzman put both on a plate for him.

Be happy to see torres get goals. He deserves it anyway.

Be happy to see torres get goals. He deserves it anyway.

I'm happy for him but i can't see him getting many more for Atleti unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I'm happy for him but i can't see him getting many more for Atleti unfortunately.

Don't think anyones expecting him to get back to his Liverpool days but he'll be good cover for Manduzkic. I could even see him forming a good partnership with him. At the end of the day I think the Athletico fans will back him to the hilt as long as he keeps putting in the work.

I like seeing Real Madrid fail. Even though i prefer them than that other spanish club.

I like seeing Real Madrid fail. Even though i prefer them than that other spanish club.

Yeah. Diego Simeone is some manager, would love to see him at Chelsea at some point. Seems like the natural successor to Mourinho, very similar philosophies.

Chelsea youngster Pasalic is playing against Barca now

Fun fact, if Drogba scores for Chelsea in the league between now and the end of the Season he'll become our oldest goal scorer of the premier league era.

fun fact number 2

JT has 17 home goals for chelsea
    he has 20 away goals :pac:

interesting that the official twitter reporting that jose is doing today's press conf

interesting that the official twitter reporting that jose is doing today's press conf

I can see it now, very 1st question,

Reporter : "Why were you avoiding giving interviews?"

Jose : :rolleyes:

Let's hope he responds to the questions though the medium of interpretive dance

duploelabs wrote: »
    Let's hope he responds to the questions though the medium of interpretive dance

I'd prefer the hands on approach, flip a table, throw your water and threaten to eat his children would be comedy gold.

Might get him committed though. :o

• Advertisement

I'd prefer the hands on approach, flip a table, throw your water and threaten to eat his children would be comedy gold.

Might get him committed though. :o

drop the mic and walk

Steve Holland is raging!

Dan Levene ‏@BluesChronicle 5m5 minutes ago
    Liverpool League Cup semi final update.
    Stamford Bridge - sold out.
    Anfield away end - sold out.
    Anfield home areas - still on general sale.

nuff said

Dan Levene ‏@BluesChronicle 5m5 minutes ago
    Liverpool League Cup semi final update.
    Stamford Bridge - sold out.
    Anfield away end - sold out.
    Anfield home areas - still on general sale.

nuff said

Our away fans are very good, its the home fans in both main stands that leave us down some what. :o

Also I bet a lot of people have bought tickets hoping to have enough points to get to Wembley. :o

Garry Monk rates us anyway :)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30841545
    "It's probably the strongest squad I have ever seen at Chelsea," said Monk.

"They're a fantastic team - exceptional, world class players all over the pitch. They have got an exceptional manager as well

Good point
    More teams have had conceded more red cards against Chelsea than against any other team...

Mourinho responds: "You can say Chelsea is the team with more attacks and more dominance.

"You can also say Chelsea is the team with less penalties.

"For Eden Hazard to go on the floor there needs to be something really nasty.

"He has no protection. We have examples of that.

Another good point
    Jose Mourinho starts by explaining his recent media blackout...

He said: "Now I can have a smile and can control my words.

"I do my work and forget about it [the FA charge]."

He then says he thinks he has "no chance" of winning his appeal or manager of the month.

Its a travesty hes only won that award 2 times, 2 f**king times. :rolleyes:

Cesc posted online that hes having another baby with the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Feruz off to Blackpool, don't know what it is with this guy but the Omens are bad.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/01/feruz-loaned-to-blackpool.html?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement