Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another one of those like Kakuta who'll just leave the club eventually I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Another one of those like Kakuta who'll just leave the club eventually I'd imagine.

Its a shame about Kakuta, the talent was there, his attitude was awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So do we think Zouma continues with Terry tomorrow or does Cahill get back in the team? I'd prefer to see Zouma carry on, but then I've stated my opinion on Cahill before. Not a fan.

Would be good to see Chelsea put 4 or 5 past Swansea and who knows, even get a penalty. :rolleyes:

Dusting down my brothers old 70's Arsenal shirt then for the Sunday. Arsenal were always in my top 50 favourite North London football teams.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Its a shame about Kakuta, the talent was there, his attitude was awful

Happens, got a big contract, and head wasnt in it. TBF, when you're earning that money at such a young age it can all get to your head.

Apparently Josh McEachran has a similar issue, more of lifestyle footballer than a hard worker, which at a club like Chelsea wont get you near the 1st team really. We're victims of our own success when we recruit the best youth talent is normally by paying above and beyond value so its a huge risk that those guys will make it or p*ss away at Chelsea for a few years before stepping down a few levels.
    So do we think Zouma continues with Terry tomorrow or does Cahill get back in the team? I'd prefer to see Zouma carry on, but then I've stated my opinion on Cahill before. Not a fan.
    I never liked Cahill, whats getting him kept IMO is hes a HG player, now hes improved since hes joined us but hes at his ceiling of ability, hes not going to dramatically improve over the next few months and stay at that new level for a few years, I'd be playing Zouma, why? Well hes not made mistakes since hes played and he looks likes hes used to the league already. Now if he makes a major howler then by all means you can drop him but for now, I think Cahill has made far too many, including at least half a dozen in 2 games against Spurs, including huge, glaring, rookie mistakes in the loss at the Lane. If we dont buy a CB in the summer to replace Cahill I'd be annoyed.
    Would be good to see Chelsea put 4 or 5 past Swansea and who knows, even get a penalty. :rolleyes:

Dusting down my brothers old 70's Arsenal shirt then for the Sunday. Arsenal were always in my top 50 favourite North London football teams.

Well if we get fouled yes I'd like to win a penalty. Right now you'd need to shoot a Chelsea player in the box to get a penalty. Players cant dive or look for a penalty or there wil be outrage and we're not getting genuine penalties either, its a lose lose situation.

I just checked who the ref is for this game, Jonathan Moss, Jonathan f**king Moss. By far the worse ref in the league, hes terrible. Not expecting much from this game from him TBH.

Some small stats about the game this weekend.
    Chelsea have won five and lost none of the seven Barclays Premier League meetings with Swansea City.
    Jose Mourinho's side have won one of their last five BPL away matches (W1 D2 L2).
    Swansea City have dropped more points from winning positions than any team in the league (16).
    Chelsea have hit the target with 50.4% of their attempts, the best shooting accuracy in the top flight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Some small stats about the game this weekend.

doesn't fill me with confidence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

the_monkey wrote: »
    doesn't fill me with confidence!!

Then nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'm happy for him but i can't see him getting many more for Atleti unfortunately.

He mightn't be a regular starter, but defenders in Spain just give up at some stage through the game. If he stays sharp, he'll score 6-7 in the league, which from what we've seen of him is a good return.

Big game today, Swansea are good at home and wont roll over for us.

A win would be huge, a draw might keep us top for our next game which is even bigger, Man City at home.

Ideally we win and city lose but I reckon we'll draw and City will win leaving it a huge test at the Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Just reading Mourinho's comments about being treated differently to other managers, and he cited the example of Wenger not being done for pushing him. I actually believe that Mourinho does have a persecution complex, similar blame game was spun out in Spain.
    What Mourinho completely ignores is the fact that officials are humans too, and if they dont like you they will penalize you to the maximum - I'm not justifying that - just stating it.
    Lets face it, he is not the most likeable manager and anyone who can eye gouge an opponent when there are others around to protect him is never going to be the kind of person that people warm to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The officials dont have to like him and if I was the 4th official I probably would have noted the push but not done much about it, Wenger did over react but the incident that set it off had nothig to do with Jose.

Wenger should have got pulled by the FA for it though, he left his technical area to confront another manager and physically imposed himself on him.

The comments arent going to get refs onside but when blatant issues are being ignored or being biased against Chelsea it only goes to show Jose was right. Nobody has to like him, all hes asking for is a level playing field in terms of decisions and sanctions, something we're not getting it seems.

duploelabs wrote: »

Seen it in the telegraph, the time to get him was when we had a 40million bid rejected by Levy.

I'll be missing the game, updates would be very nice lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Any predictions for today ? Winning is obvious, but what about the score ? 2-3 to nil ?

FFS

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Luis
    Cesc Matic
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Carpentry wrote: »
    Any predictions for today ? Winning is obvious, but what about the score ? 2-3 to nil ?

After seeing Cahill in the team im not happy at all. Be happy with any win really.

Subs

Courtyois
    Zouma
    Mikel Ramires
    Schurrle Salah
    Remy

FFS

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Luis
    Cesc Matic
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Christ, Oscar again. After last game ? I'd say if Schurrle played more, he would develop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Courtois still injured or has he been dropped?

• Advertisement

Having two world top GK means you play one or the other:rolleyes: thank god for that.

Before last game Jose said he wasn't fully healed so I'd say dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Probably a bit of both, official line is his finger isn't 100% but he could play if it were necessary.
    I'm happy enough with team selection with the possible exception of Cahill, maybe last weeks little rest has given him the kick up the arse he needed.

garra wrote: »
    Just reading Mourinho's comments about being treated differently to other managers, and he cited the example of Wenger not being done for pushing him. I actually believe that Mourinho does have a persecution complex, similar blame game was spun out in Spain.
    What Mourinho completely ignores is the fact that officials are humans too, and if they dont like you they will penalize you to the maximum - I'm not justifying that - just stating it.
    Lets face it, he is not the most likeable manager and anyone who can eye gouge an opponent when there are others around to protect him is never going to be the kind of person that people warm to.

That's all well and good but officials are paid to do a professional job and if they are incapable of leaving personal opinions in the changing rooms they have no right to officiate a top level game. Every club is entitled to fair refereeing and in my opinion to suggest otherwise due to a manager not bieng liked is ludicrous.
    For what it's worth I think characters like jose and even sir Alex before him, who also had spells refusing to talk to the media are worth there weight in gold for the premier league.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's all well and good but officials are paid to do a professional job and if they are incapable of leaving personal opinions in the changing rooms they have no right to officiate a top level game. Every club is entitled to fair refereeing and in my opinion to suggest otherwise due to a manager not bieng liked is ludicrous.
    For what it's worth I think characters like jose and even sir Alex before him, who also had spells refusing to talk to the media are worth there weight in gold for the premier league.

He was fcuked in Spain as well. I guess he has more haters at his side than lovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

He was fcuked in Spain as well. I guess he has more haters at his side than lovers.

I love him!!!!!

I've no time for Cahill, I hope he doesnt f**k up.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    I love him!!!!!

Me too :D

Requested for birthday jersey with print at the back saying "Special" and 1 as a number

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Anyone got a recipe for something using swans and pensioners?

pm sent

• Advertisement

Are we winning yet? :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ha! Get in.

Well....that escalted quickly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pm sent

link please kev?

Even though I cant see the game I'm never comfortable with an early lead unless the team can go out and keep up the pressure and push for a 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

This is an absolutely unreal performance so far.

• Advertisement

2-0 get in Costa :D

IU'm sick that I'm missing this game. :rolleyes:

Another Cesc assist I see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

unreal passing

God, I love Chelsea :)

• Advertisement

IU'm sick that I'm missing this game. :rolleyes:

Best we have played this season by a mile so far, a joy to watch.

Another Cesc assist I see?

Sure it was, he's just a step away from Henry's league record

I love Costa <3

Johner wrote: »
    Best we have played this season by a mile so far, a joy to watch.

I wont mind as long as we win :D MOTD will have to do
    Sure it was, he's just a step away from Henry's league record

Ya I think hes only 5 away now hes on 15 i think

Cahill. :rolleyes: Got away with that.

4 goals clear of City as it stands

Post, Willian should have scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

pm sent

moi aussi?

Johner wrote: »
    Post, Willian should have scored.

FFS, that mad thing cant buy a goal :rolleyes:

I'd like to see another Costa goal or one from Hazard, he doesnt score enough away from home

What a gift for Costa.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement