Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats our 1st away win in a few games too, great to see.

The season by numbers lads.

9 home games left, 7 away games left. Two toughest opponents on paper, City at home, Arsenal away.

JT goes above Lamps in appearances too.

649 and counting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good for the goal difference anyways, we are now +7 on City.

Thought Oscar was cracking today. When all the boys are playing 1 touch around the box Oscar really shines, he has superb awareness and he was seems to find space.

Our next game is the season defining game vs Man City.

If we go in 2pts clear, we have to avoid defeat.
    Go in 5 pts cler and we have to win.

Why? Well if somehow Arsenal win tomorrow City have to beat us which will open them up a tad, if we can sit in and counter and pick up 3 points, the gap will look pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Fantastic win, 5 and it could have been so much more. To be honest if we went full throttle in the second half it could have been more. Oscar has really really found his form.

Since the Spurs loss we've scored 10 and conceded 0.

6 goals and 7 assists for Oscar so far this season and 15 assists now for Cesc.

Willian has 1 goal and 1 assist this season in the PL, which is nothing short of abysmal. He should have scored twice today.

S'oton winning again away to Newcastle

Pressure on Arsenal mounting up, hope they can do it.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Since the Spurs loss we've scored 10 and conceded 0.

6 goals and 7 assists for Oscar so far this season and 15 assists now for Cesc.

Willian has 1 goal and 1 assist this season in the PL, which is nothing short of abysmal. He should have scored twice today.

Those numbers can be easily topped by any number of players, even 1 in our squad but willian offers more than that.

I still think we should be improving on him.

Imagine a Hazard on either wing next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Great result today, we really needed that tbh

If arsenal can win tommorro then things will be looking very good for us:)

Cant see them winning though but a draw will still be decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Fantastic win, 5 and it could have been so much more. To be honest if we went full throttle in the second half it could have been more. Oscar has really really found his form.
    Time for a good run to take us well clear in the premiership and to set us up for the UCL quarters in mid-March.

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Great result today, we really needed that tbh

If arsenal can win tommorro then things will be looking very good for us:)

Cant see them winning though but a draw will still be decent

I'd take an Arsenal draw right now, I'd say the majority of Arsenal fans would too.
    McDave wrote: »
    Time for a good run to take us well clear in the premiership and to set us up for the UCL quarters in mid-March.

Ya, if we can at least avoid defeat against City at the Bridge i'll be delighted.

Our next 5 league games are as follows:

City - h
    Villa - a
    Everton - h
    Burnely - h
    Leicester - a

That bring us up until the end of February.

Man citys same fixtures are :

Arsenal - h
    Chelsea - a
    Hull - h
    Stoke - a
    Newcastle - h
    Liverpool - a

They'll look at the run and expect at least 15 points

24C9B5E000000578-2914549-image-a-87_1421511493330.jpg

24C9536400000578-2914549-image-m-39_1421508421361.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Those numbers can be easily topped by any number of players, even 1 in our squad but willian offers more than that.

I still think we should be improving on him.

Imagine a Hazard on either wing next year?
    Is thorgan that good?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Is thorgan that good?

Not yet, I think he should stay out on loan for at least another season. I'd leave him where he is at the minute, he seems to have settled well and become an important player for them.

Soton arent going away.

theyre going to trouble teams if they keep on this run

If we continue our goal scoring form too we're likely to hit a very good 85+ goals

Although I'd prefer 85+ points :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

I keep missing games with my trips. By the sound of it this is the one I'd enjoy.

At this stage I'm nearly happy we lost to Newcastle the way we did. Mou clearly gave the players a kick up the proverbial ... With Oscar finding his form we should stroll nicely through most of our fixture list. City being the stand out fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Phoenix wrote: »
    How long did it take for Torres to get to Costas tally

It took Torres 94 league games (64 starts, 30 substitute apps) to get 17 league goals for us. :eek:

He played 5890 mins (over 3 seasons) to score those 17 league goals. (346.4 mins/goal or roughly 1 in 4)

He only managed 20 league goals over his time at Chelsea but got 23 assists.

Costa's bagged 17 league goals in 19 games. (1 every 93.6 mins).

What a difference he's made. :D

• Advertisement

Cesc is the first player to get 15 assists in two seasons and is on course to beating Henry's record of 20 in a season in the EPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Cesc lloks like he's having the time of his life at the moment, can't see how he wouldn't get at least another 5.

It took Torres 94 league games (64 starts, 30 substitute apps) to get 17 league goals for us. :eek:

He played 5890 mins (over 3 seasons) to score those 17 league goals. (346.4 mins/goal or roughly 1 in 4)

He only managed 20 league goals over his time at Chelsea but got 23 assists.

Costa's bagged 17 league goals in 19 games. (1 every 93.6 mins).

What a difference he's made. :D

Costas a goal machine. I dont care if he doesnt assist or score outside the box he does the business when needed a d got two good goals today.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Cesc is the first player to get 15 assists in two seasons and is on course to beating Henry's record of 20 in a season in the EPL

He'll surely get 5 in the next 16 games. At his rate so far he'll push 25.

Theres 3 stand out signings this year.

1)costa
    2)sanchez
    3)cesc

in that order i reckon

Theres 3 stand out signings this year.

1)costa
    2)sanchez
    3)cesc

in that order i reckon

If only we signed Sanchez as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Sanchez is class alright. No good for him at Arsenal for winning shiny stuff, like trophies.
    However,I think we have made the right changes / purchases.
    Outside of Aguero, City don't have the same strength as us.

Apparently we were in for him before he went to barca but he snubbed us for them, for that reason I'd be inclined not to go for him.

Willians missed chances were really poor today especially the one against the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Willians missed chances were really poor today especially the one against the bar

Think the 1st one was unlucky tbh.

Should have buried the 2nd tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

On a day where it all went right, even Willian couldn't come up trumps. Looks a completely different player to when he played at Shakhtar both defensively(didn't think he had that side) and offensively.

• Advertisement

With the game being completely over by half-time, it still didn't cross Mourinho's mind to play one of the young players (not sure if one was on the bench). Guess they should go ahead and close the academy as he mentioned at the start of the season :)

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Apparently we were in for him before he went to barca but he snubbed us for them, for that reason I'd be inclined not to go for him.

Chelsea were in for a lot of players that they didn't get. Unless they go through a period of European dominance i'd expect them to continue losing out when in competition with Barca/Madrid. I remember really wanting Pastore to be signed from Palermo before he went to PSG.

Hopefully Southampton can finish the job, keep the Gunners out of CL and Sanchez throws enough of a fit that he gets a move. The stuff of fantasies though.

Would be some attacking line up.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    With the game being completely over by half-time, it still didn't cross Mourinho's mind to play one of the young players (not sure if one was on the bench). Guess they should go ahead and close the academy as he mentioned at the start of the season :)

There was only Zouma on the bench, and he has to give the game time to Salah, Schurrle and Ramires because simply they're getting paid far too much if they're just going to do nothing. Also he needs them sharp for the Capital One Cup game against Liverpool.

Youth player integration is something that comes with managerial stability and they're is simply too much too lose for Jose (i.e his job) to play the youth players at the minute. He needs to get trophies first, next season I'm sure we'll see alot more of it, Its my understanding that Patrick Bamford is lined up to be our third choice striker, I know he's not an academy player but its a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There was only Zouma on the bench, and he has to give the game time to Salah, Schurrle and Ramires because simply they're getting paid far too much if they're just going to do nothing. Also he needs them sharp for the Capital One Cup game against Liverpool.

Youth player integration is something that comes with managerial stability and they're is simply too much too lose for Jose (i.e his job) to play the youth players at the minute. He needs to get trophies first, next season I'm sure we'll see alot more of it, Its my understanding that Patrick Bamford is lined up to be our third choice striker, I know he's not an academy player but its a step in the right direction.

Yes but at 4-0 up at half time, you could put out the under 12's and still win the game. This isn't Arsenal we are talking about here. Chelsea don't do collapses.

It was a missed opportunity.

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes but at 4-0 up at half time, you could put out the under 12's and still win the game. This isn't Arsenal we are talking about here. Chelsea don't do collapses.

It was a missed opportunity.

But they weren't on the bench

Which is why it's a missed opportunity. Salah and Schurrle are being sold anyway, no?

Which is why it's a missed opportunity. Salah and Schurrle are being sold anyway, no?

No one expected us to be 4-0 up after half an hour or so, we need to bring players that can change the game if we need to score, which was a possibility considering our away form dipped in recent weeks.

Probably, its speculation, but only Jose knows for sure. They both offer us something different if we needed a goal.

On a slightly tangential note, its an example of the issue with the 7 man bench. Personally, I've always thought the number should be 10....or more even. You have to be able to give academy players a chance and it will never happen with the restrictive bench numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GET IN 2-0 arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I never thought I'd cheer arsenal !!! But get in !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not a bad weekend. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

7 goal swing in the goal difference now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Wow, some result for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

On the subject of Arsenal.

NearFairEel.gif

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

So win in 2weeks time and we're looking pretty again. Simple :pac:

On a slightly tangential note, its an example of the issue with the 7 man bench. Personally, I've always thought the number should be 10....or more even. You have to be able to give academy players a chance and it will never happen with the restrictive bench numbers.

even if yiu were to be able to have a bench of 7 and a further 5 accademy players so in situations like this ou could give them some experiance, it would benifit the game as a whole to give them more time and also should improve the ratio of home grown players on the pitch at the bigger clubs.

Picture of Cesc with his folks
    hkHdoDR.jpg

• Advertisement

Seen that, a good old LOL was had :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement