Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Win win really, getting to thump Spurs would be great, but Sheffield United means no nerves going into it!

Sky Sources saying were talking to Fiorentina about Cuadrado. Would love to see him here. Would really hug the touchline, excellent defensively and is a very very good crosser of the ball.

he'd be an attacking upgrade on Willian on the right wing for sure, but would he be that much better than Schurrle to warrant paying 30 odd million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

he'd be an attacking upgrade on Willian on the right wing for sure, but would he be that much better than Schurrle to warrant paying 30 odd million

Schurrle's a good finisher but he is more like an inside forward. He can get on the end of chances, but he isn't that great at creating them. He doesn't really fit into the style of play that Oscar and Hazard play and he doesn't offer himself as an outlet for other players.

Cuadrado is an out and out winger with a very direct style. It's what we need IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Win win really, getting to thump Spurs would be great, but Sheffield United means no nerves going into it!

Sky Sources saying were talking to Fiorentina about Cuadrado. Would love to see him here. Would really hug the touchline, excellent defensively and is a very very good crosser of the ball.

Rob Beasley reckons we'll sign someone this wondow, I cant see it being Cuadrado unless Schurrle is sold for relatively the same money.

Thats the issue, for any value we'd have to sell Schurrle for more or the same money, considering that Schurrle is still young, I'd keep him TBH but we wont get 25-30 million for Willian.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Schurrle's a good finisher but he is more like an inside forward. He can get on the end of chances, but he isn't that great at creating them. He doesn't really fit into the style of play that Oscar and Hazard play and he doesn't offer himself as an outlet for other players.

Cuadrado is an out and out winger with a very direct style. It's what we need IMO.

True, I'd actually like to see Schurrle play wide left and cut in on to his right leg, play Hazard wide right, see how that gets on.

If Jose wants someone else then why isn't he looking at Reus ? Wouldn't be any dearer than Cuadrado if at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd imagine Reus will end up at Real Madrid.

Johner wrote: »
    I'd imagine Reus will end up at Real Madrid.

Be a stupid move for him unless they're planning on getting rid of Bale

Ya, Reus looks set to be joining Real Madrid if everything is to be believed.

So...how about bale :pac:

We need a LB ;)

Cuadrado scored a penalty tonight. ;)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cuadrado scored a penalty tonight. ;)

his goodbye goal maybe

Cuadrado would be a very good addition. He's pacey, direct and skilful. He's everything Salah probably should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Milner anyone?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Milner anyone?

Milner is a fantastic squad player for any club but he wouldn't be a regular starter for us. He's very much a Mourinho type player but I can't see it happening, he'll want to be playing week in week out.

Apparently Lamps is injured and will miss the game against us, as will Nasri and Toure

his goodbye goal maybe

Nah, I'd say any move is dependent on a move for one of Salah or Schurrle being sorted first. Also if it does go through I'd say it wont happen until the last days of the window.
    Cuadrado would be a very good addition. He's pacey, direct and skilful. He's everything Salah probably should be.

Well hes more of a threat than Willian and Salah and his finishing isnt a great improvement on either but hes morfe likely to get into those positions from my limited time seeing him, 16months or so on and off.
    Milner anyone?

No hope, a player I'd rather avoid, wrong age and only playing a lot this year due to injuries, hes a decent player but not good enough IMO.
    Milner is a fantastic squad player for any club but he wouldn't be a regular starter for us. He's very much a Mourinho type player but I can't see it happening, he'll want to be playing week in week out.

Nail on the head, would do the graft but at his age he'll want to play every game and earn a decent crust in doing so, I'd avoid anyway.

Apparently Lamps is injured and will miss the game against us, as will Nasri and Toure

Well Nasri is out for a few weeks
    Toure and Bony are at the ACON
    Didnt know about Lamps but would like to see him at the Bridge one last time.

I went to the last game of the season last year and didnt think it was going to be Lamps and Coles last games for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Willian is a grafter, he wont be sold, jose loves him.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Willian is a grafter, he wont be sold, jose loves him.

I dont think he will be sold at all, we'll be doing very well to find someone to take him too, if we got 15-20million for him I'd flog him in a heartbeat.

Hes really like an attacking wing back although his goals and assist ratio wouldnt hold up even to a good attacking wing back.

Willian does more work than Oscar and Hazard but both are miles better in the attacking sense of our game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Milner anyone?

Pretty much nailed on for LFC I'd say. Ideal squad "throw him on" player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Pretty much nailed on for LFC I'd say. Ideal squad "throw him on" player for us.

That's exactly why he wants out of City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sky reporting talks are under way with Cuadrado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

JPA wrote: »
    That's exactly why he wants out of City.

He's 29 he'll take what he'd given!

He's 29 he'll take what he'd given!

IU dont think he'll be given anything by us anyway.

City would be silly to let him go with the current HG rule in place, they'll end forking out a small fortune for another English talent if theyve to bring one in.

Top 10 football teams according to turnover

1. Real Madrid: 549.5m (518.9m)

• 2. Man Utd: 518m (423.8m)

• 3. Bayern Munich: 487.5m (431.2m)

• 4. Barcelona: 484.6m (482.6m)

• 5. Paris Saint Germain; 474.2m (398.8m)

• 6. Manchester City: 414.4m (316.2m)

• 7. Chelsea: 387.9m (303.4m)

• 8. Arsenal: 359.3m (284.3)

• 9. Liverpool: 305.9m (240.6m)

• 10. Juventus: 279.4m (272.4m)

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30896253
    The Premier League's new broadcast deals have translated into big revenue increases across the English top flight," said Austin Houlihan, senior manager at Deloitte.

"In fact, every Premier League club reported record revenues in 2013-14."

I wonder where PSG are getting those turnover figures from :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's hard to beleive city's too, seen as they can't even fill the emptyhad!
    Also surprised we're above arsenal.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    It's hard to beleive city's too, seen as they can't even fill the emptyhad!
    Also surprised we're above arsenal.

Think we're only above Arsenal due to players being sold, ya Citys is just as shady IMO but sure its grand, themselves and more so PSG operate in a different stratosphere it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    I wonder where PSG are getting those turnover figures from 

Really though... how are they so high on the list?

Really though... how are they so high on the list?

Excellent accountants and loopholes one would imagine.

Didnt they get a good few million for playing against AC Milan last year in January? or was it against Real Madrid? Either way it was a glamour friendly and they had a huge fee, basically backed by companies that the same family own.

100% dodgy but theyre being creative to get around FFP and sure whats a 50million fineif they can keep spending, until a big team is f**ked out of Europe everyone will find ways of dodging FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Hes hardly a flop at Utd, big things were expected of him, as everyone can see now but Fergie lost him by calling back Scholes and playing others ahead of him after he had got assurances.

Its worse than when we lost Matic, Matic was expected to be like Ballack but Pogba was at a higher level in terms of development. Matic had to leave to a place where he'd play 40+ games a season so he'd get to the level hes at now, Matic was always going to be an excellent player but we couldnt fit him in, much like Pogba but Matic left Chelsea at 22, Pogba is only going on 22, hes an immense talent.

Just when you think the Luke Shaw deal was mad, along comes Martin Odegaard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2921569/Martin-Odegaard-Real-Madrid-press-conference-LIVE-Teenage-prodigy-unveiled.html

Apparently 80K a week at Real, just turned 16 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Think we're only above Arsenal due to players being sold, ya Citys is just as shady IMO but sure its grand, themselves and more so PSG operate in a different stratosphere it seems.

Weren't Chelsea fined and docked points before for shady operations involving players? If the FFP rules were in place when Abramovich took over you can be sure Chelsea would be investigated multiple times.

Short memories.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Weren't Chelsea fined and docked points before for shady operations involving players? If the FFP rules were in place when Abramovich took over you can be sure Chelsea would be investigated multiple times.

Short memories.

Where and when?

Short memories.

We were never docked points. :confused:

FFP wasnt around then so it means f**k all really. Im on about the here and now and we're ahead of city in terms of ffp, they got fined in the summer for failing ffp something we're on the right side of.

Where and when?

Chelsea fined 300,000 sterling and docked 3 points over tapping up Ashley Cole. The Special One was fined 75,000 sterling. Chelsea paid 4 or 5m to Spurs over Frank Arnesen. Arnesen was then caught by a BBC Panorama documentary talking about a Middlesbrough player, fined 150,000 sterling. And also the ban ( though I think Chelsea appealed it ) over signing Gael Kakuta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Short memories.
    If what you're reffering to is over the kakuta deal we were fined and given a transfer ban which we got overturned.

We were never docked points. :confused:

I might be wrong about that but there was a lot of talk back then about Chelsea being docked points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Short memories.

Source for that would be good more so as it has never happened.

Chelsea are in full compliance with FFP, if FFP were in place when Roman took over I am sure he would have complied with the rules. Seen as Chelsea have tailored their product to meet FFP there is no reason to believe otherwise. I have justified that we would have been in compliance and therefore not investigated I am sure you can justify your outrageous allegation.

I might be wrong about that but there was a lot of talk back then about Chelsea being docked points

Youre wrong on the docked points, I'm 99% sure.

We were fined for Cole (i think).
    A transfer window ban was applied and over turned for Kakuta and compensation paid to his old club.

Thats a lot of loyality....or hes holding out for a bigger offer from said teams :pac:

• Advertisement

Source for that would be good more so as it has never happened.

Chelsea are in full compliance with FFP, if FFP were in place when Roman took over I am sure he would have complied with the rules. Seen as Chelsea have tailored their product to meet FFP there is no reason to believe otherwise. I have justified that we would have been in compliance and therefore not investigated I am sure you can justify your outrageous allegation.

Chelsea compliant now means Chelsea would have always been compliant? Perhaps. That's conjecture really, you can't say. Certainly wouldn't have been able to spunk millions each season into playing talent. Does Chelsea still hold the record for biggest financial loss incurred in an EPL season? 131 million sterling?

So Bradford at the weekend, 3 days before we play Pool and 7 days before City.

I'm sure we'll see alot of changes but whats the chances of including guys like Boga, Brown, Solanke, RLC, Christensen?

Probably slim but what I'd like to see is

Cech
    Ivan Christensen Zouma Luis
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah RLC Schurrle
    Remy

Blackman
    Cahill Ake
    Oscar Brown Boga
    Solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

tapping up /= funneling money through 3rd parties to enhance your own profits

99% of clubs are guilty of tapping up. Agents will always be aproached before deals are made.

Lukker- wrote: »
    tapping up /= funneling money through 3rd parties to enhance your own profits

99% of clubs are guilty of tapping up. Agents will always be aproached before deals are made.

Or agents will flaunt their client, happens all the time really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    The bitterness knows no bounds :pac:

I wouldn't say bitterness.

More like disgust and contempt.

1180877055_f.jpg

That's what ye support. And your Irish? Have you ever gone over? Have you heard them singing the anti-Irish songs? Or chanting about Yids?

Combat 18 FC.

Chelsea compliant now means Chelsea would have always been compliant? Perhaps. That's conjecture really, you can't say. Certainly wouldn't have been able to spunk millions each season into playing talent. Does Chelsea still hold the record for biggest financial loss incurred in an EPL season? 131 million sterling?

Very possibly you know Chelsea always making history not just reading it :D:D.

Besides Chelsea Football Club have zero debts officially.

1180877055_f.jpg

That's what ye support. And your Irish? Have you ever gone over? Have you heard them singing the anti-Irish songs? Or chanting about Yids?

Combat 18 FC.

I have been to Stamford Bridge for hundreds of matches I have never heard anti Irish songs would ask for a source but you don't provide sources do you.

How many times you been to the Bridge and heard such alleged chants?

1180877055_f.jpg

Combat 18 FC.

For as long as I'm going over, nearly 20 years on and off I've never had issues at Chelsea games as a kid or an adult. I've never heard any anti irish songs, in my teens or as an adult where I'd be more aware of the songs and atmosphere.

I've drank in the bars, chatted to locals and the best thing is most actually appreciate and respect that you're travelling to games as much as possible from Ireland.

Combat 18, Headhunters, jayus that minority? Most are so known to the local Police, they dont get into stadiums all to often :pac:

Dont worry you wont be kicked to death for being Irish inside Stamford Bridge, all a load of grade A bo**ocks.

• Advertisement

snip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement