Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

In other news, Diego Costa has the same amount of league goals that Aguero finished with last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Remembering earlier in the season we were repeatedly told he would flop good times :pac:

My favourite one was when he was clearly not 100% in the WC and he was going to be a flop, despite socring a truck load in Spain and in Europe for Atletico only weeks before hand.

Anyway, its nice to have an expensive flop work out for a change, law of averages suggested we we're going to hit the bulleyes with a CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

On another topic, I'm sick to my teeth listening to commentators and their disbelief that we allowed Matic to be sold first time around.

They talk as if he was the same caliber player then as he is now, what none of them seem to realise is that Matic HAD to go, either on loan or sold.

He'd never have become the player he is now just sitting on the bench getting 10 mins every month on the pitch, and funnily enough no commentators were bothered when we did sell him back then despite how shocked they are these days that we did it.

• Advertisement

Ya, he really needed to go and get constant game time, which was helped by City buying Javi Garcia too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Guardian reporting Salah has gone to Roma on loan with an 11m deal in the summer

duploelabs wrote: »
    Guardian reporting Salah has gone to Roma on loan with an 11m deal in the summer

If hes out going it could mean Cuadrado is incoming.

If we sell Salah and Schurrle and bring in Cuadrado I'd be fairly happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Fiorentina ACCEPT £23m Chelsea bid for Juan Cuadrado

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/553610/Chelsea-Juan-Cuadrado-Man-Utd-Fiorentina-Andre-Schurrle-Mohamed-Salah

Its the express so you have to take it with a pinch of salt

I thin Salah is one of the most frustrating members of our squad TBH.

Hes got the pace, ball carying ability to threaten most teams but his finishing is terrible, his passing under pressure is questionnable and more importantly his decision making isnt sharp enough.

That could all develop but gien th eoptions we have in those positions hes always going to struggle for game time.

• Advertisement

redman85 wrote: »

A truck of salt I'd say :pac:

Its gathering ttraction though, which is good to see.

We'll ahve to sell or loan schurrle or salah now though to fit him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/22/mohamed-salah-chelsea-roma-juan-cuadrado-fiorentina

Telegraph adding Schurrle exit to the mix:
    Chelsea could also let Schürrle leave before the transfer window shuts, with the German World Cup winner ready to tell the club that he wants to play first-team football elsewhere.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11363862/Chelsea-set-to-let-Mohamed-Salah-join-Roma-and-Andre-Schurrle-to-leave-to-raise-funds-for-Juan-Cuadrado.html

That's enough cash this year to release Cuadrado.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

its official :p

10922702_851681181566157_5742253741048429162_n.jpg?oh=e4328aa46e954d76b22c17ab91276a65&oe=552DBE7B

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

Nothing on the official website or on chelsea tv about caudrado

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

redman85 wrote: »
    its official :p

10922702_851681181566157_5742253741048429162_n.jpg?oh=e4328aa46e954d76b22c17ab91276a65&oe=552DBE7B

i believed that for a second ya thing ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea is becoming a bit of a graveyard for quite expensive/highly touted players - no sooner are they in than they are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    A truck of salt I'd say :pac:

Its gathering ttraction though, which is good to see.

We'll ahve to sell or loan schurrle or salah now though to fit him in.

Andre won't be sold until the summer.

Salah to Roma is picking up a fair deal of pace too.

We won't accept a loan deal or anything less than £11m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea is becoming a bit of a graveyard for quite expensive/highly touted players - no sooner are they in than they are out.

Not exactly a grave yard. For many it's a stepping stone. Usually a profitable one too.

Theres a reason for it usually. Theyre not good enough to add to the team long term.

If we make a profit on them and theyre happy to take a chance and see if they can break into the 1st team then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That's another good price for him.

If we replace with Cuadrado that leaves Haz, Willian, Oscar, Fabregas, Schurrle and Cuadrado fighting for those spots as well as all the young/loanees... Got to think Schurrle would be sold?

• Advertisement

That's another good price for him.

If we replace with Cuadrado that leaves Haz, Willian, Oscar, Fabregas, Schurrle and Cuadrado fighting for those spots as well as all the young/loanees... Got to think Schurrle would be sold?

Ya, the options are pretty good, of course they could be better and adding Cuadrado would be a good example of that.

I'd prefer someone different but Reus must be off elsewhere and the other 3 I'd like wouldnt be moving for under 30million or in most cases at all.

My preference would be in order
    Bale
    Sanchez
    Reus
    Sterling

You can see I'm not aiming high :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Douglas Costa is very like Willian IMO.

We need more goals from the support players, Oscar and Hazard will be up and around 10 league goals, although I reckon Hazard should be closer to 15 if he improved his finishing and attacking intent.

Schurrle if given games will get close to 10, last year he got 8 I think.

Willian wont get near that number and Costa is just as goal shy.

Cesc if he plays #10 is there for assists, goals arent what he needs to produce from there if hes play that far up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cuadrado vs Reus? Age and price, even if they're evenly skilled I know who'd I choose

Cuadrado vs Reus? Age and price, even if they're evenly skilled I know who'd I choose

I'd say Reus is off elsewhere if we're not in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cuardado doesn't spend half the season out injured every year though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I think willian is a good player tbh if we get cuadrado id rather let shurrle go than willian. He would be a better player if he had to fight for his place in the team

I'd prefer to keep Schurrle TBH.

Only Hazard is our stand out winger.
    Oscar isnt great there, even though he sometimes operates wide right for Brazil.
    Ramires, very limited out there IMO.
    Willian, puts in a great shift up and down but his attacking output of goals and assists is shocking.
    Schurrle, offers goals and excellent movement, defensively can do better.
    Salah, the poorest option to play RW, has potential but the Chelsea move was probably made too early by him, needs to move to improve.

I'd even play Hazard RW to move Schurrle on to the left, Schurrle is more comfortable cutting inside and causing issues and in open play, dare I say hes a better goal threat than Hazard too, but thats only if hes allowed play from the left.

Hazard Oscar Schurrle

is what I'd like to see.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

José's equivocating in his presser. Didn't see that coming.

jose's press conf will be very interesting re-transfers

live updates here

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-chelsea-v-bradford-city-8502763

José's equivocating in his presser. Didn't see that coming.

I think thats his default setting :pac:

"I cannot say that [they will definitely stay] because the window is open but I trust them and I like them.

"Salah is not playing a lot, Schurrle more than him, but they are players who have played in all competitions for us."

If one of those two goes Jose says the club will buy a replacement.

Jose on City and the FAcup and League Cup.
    "Two cups in three days, that says everything, the third match is just a Premier League match. It doesn't decide anything."

Thats an interesting take on the City game :o

peteeeed wrote: »
    "I cannot say that [they will definitely stay] because the window is open but I trust them and I like them.

"Salah is not playing a lot, Schurrle more than him, but they are players who have played in all competitions for us."

If one of those two goes Jose says the club will buy a replacement.

I think this bolded part means someone will go this window IMO.

• Advertisement

I think this bolded part means someone will go this window IMO.

I think that was his way of confirming it tbh.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

He's fairly shot down the Cuadrado rumour.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I think that was his way of confirming it tbh.

Ya his choice of words werent great, it could be easily picked up that someone is leaving but hes not sure who just yet.

https://twitter.com/Chelsea_HQ/status/558606259528937472?s=08

Followed that with "not the Chelsea squad" or similar.

Well if we sell Salah for 11 million and get in Cuadrado for 26m or Costa for 16m, who dya reckon is the better option for FFP?

;)

• Advertisement

On Schurrle,
    it is difficult to get in front of Eden and Willian.

Marriner is the ref for tomorrow. Should be a good laugh.

https://twitter.com/Chelsea_HQ/status/558606259528937472?s=08

Followed that with "not the Chelsea squad" or similar.

He seems to be playing down Cuadrado alright.

Play Pogba RW :D

Usually he won't even say anything. For Jose's history of not saying a word about transfer targets, I'd be 90% sure he's coming now to be honest.

Marriner is the ref for tomorrow. Should be a good laugh.

They usually appoint an EPL ref if a PL team is playing in the cup games, no matter who the opposition are.

Cech is set to start tomorrow while JT will be rested.

Well if we sell Salah for 11 million and get in Cuadrado for 26m or Costa for 16m, who dya reckon is the better option for FFP?

;)

Buy ALL the CAMs!!! *José his the retrain position button on football manager*

So whats tomorrows team going to look like?

Jose said it'll be strong as they respect Bradford and dont want to be knocked out of the Cup.

Cech
    Ivan Cahill Zouma LUIS
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah Oscar Schurrle
    Drogba

Is what I predict.

Buy ALL the CAMs!!! *José his the retrain position button on football manager*

Ya, Costa is exciting enough but he doesnt get enough goals for me.

Of course I'm only going on UCL as I dont watch any Ukraine football :pac:

So whats tomorrows team going to look like?

Jose said it'll be strong as they respect Bradford and dont want to be knocked out of the Cup.

Cech
    Ivan Cahill Zouma
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah Oscar Schurrle
    Drogba

Is what I predict.

I'd imagine we might field 11 players, tbf. José mentioned showing Bradford the respect they deserve! :p

Doubt Salah will start but would agree with your selection (plus Luis at LB).

Fixed, :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement