Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Azp must be close to a return too at this stage.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Azp must be close to a return too at this stage.
    He came on at the end of the Liverpool match for all of 4 minutes but he's bench-fit anyway. Will be saved for city I'd say.

He came on at the end of the Liverpool match for all of 4 minutes but he's bench-fit anyway. Will be saved for city I'd say.

Or.....play him tomorrow and rest Ivan.

We could also see Zouma or Ramires at RB and Christensen at CB next to Cahill, theres also Ake for LB.

Many, many, many options.

I'd like to see a youngster start but the bench is more likely for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

From the Chelsea sub on reddit

I'm a big fan of Cuadrado's, started following him about half a year before the summer.

I have to admit there are a lot of people on /r/Soccer who overrate him, but he is an absolute freak of nature. We are sort of used to Willian's stamina, but remember the first time you saw a technically-able Ramires out there.

I think he's a very rare breed, and if we had the option to replace Salah with him, we should definitely take it.

There is also another scenario, that I havent seen a single person talk about: we can play Cuadrado on the right and Willian in the 10 when Oscar is injured/we want to rest him. Cuadrado offers the same defensive tenacity as Will (he knows the wing back position very well), and it could remove some of the shackles we have on Will, which perhaps prevent him for contributing forward as much as we would like.

Don't forget what Willian did to us before we bought him. He can be very scary up front, but not when he's hustling in defence as much as he currently is. With Cuadrado around, he'd take a lot of that defensive burden. So not only would we have another player who is great offensively - I think there is reason to believe that his trasnfer could improve Willian, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

duploelabs wrote: »
    From the Chelsea sub on reddit

I'm a big fan of Cuadrado's, started following him about half a year before the summer.

I have to admit there are a lot of people on /r/Soccer who overrate him, but he is an absolute freak of nature. We are sort of used to Willian's stamina, but remember the first time you saw a technically-able Ramires out there.

I think he's a very rare breed, and if we had the option to replace Salah with him, we should definitely take it.

There is also another scenario, that I havent seen a single person talk about: we can play Cuadrado on the right and Willian in the 10 when Oscar is injured/we want to rest him. Cuadrado offers the same defensive tenacity as Will (he knows the wing back position very well), and it could remove some of the shackles we have on Will, which perhaps prevent him for contributing forward as much as we would like.

Don't forget what Willian did to us before we bought him. He can be very scary up front, but not when he's hustling in defence as much as he currently is. With Cuadrado around, he'd take a lot of that defensive burden. So not only would we have another player who is great offensively - I think there is reason to believe that his trasnfer could improve Willian, too.

Makes sence realy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know the defensive side of Willian's game slightly limits his offensive game, but I don't see why he can't do both like Oscar.

Many times he's in an excellent position and he just appears like he doesn't know what to do.

It can't all be down to his instructions, when you are in positions like that it should be instinct.

He was excellent as a playmaker for Shaktar but the system was more built around him there.

I think Willian most effective role for us is starting a counter attack after a corner/free's etc. He was actually better last season but we don't play on the counter as much this season so his role has suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lukker- wrote: »
    I know the defensive side of Willian's game slightly limits his offensive game, but I don't see why he can't do both like Oscar.

Many times he's in an excellent position and he just appears like he doesn't know what to do.

It can't all be down to his instructions, when you are in positions like that it should be instinct.

He was excellent as a playmaker for Shaktar but the system was more built around him there.

I think Willian most effective role for us is starting a counter attack after a corner/free's etc. He was actually better last season but we don't play on the counter as much this season so his role has suffered.

Agreed. He seems to stop still and wait to make a pass at the edge of the area aswell. I actually think he stifles Hazard's goals and assists record as well because Eden is being forced to go deep and receive the ball because the team knows Willian is not an attacking force anymore really.

He seems technically gifted though, its a mind boggling one at the minute. As Gav stated its clear that we overpaid for him, but its a small mistake in Joses impeccable transfer business since he returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Agreed. He seems to stop still and wait to make a pass at the edge of the area aswell. I actually think he stifles Hazard's goals and assists record as well because Eden is being forced to go deep and receive the ball because the team knows Willian is not an attacking force anymore really.

He seems technically gifted though, its a mind boggling one at the minute. As Gav stated its clear that we overpaid for him, but its a small mistake in Joses impeccable transfer business since he returned.

IMO I think if he ever hit a rich vein of form goal scoring wise it'd help his confidence in front of goal for sure. His only goal in the league this season was a tap in.

I've seen him score cracking goals for us and for Shaktar. He scored 2 at the bridge against us, yet he can hardly manage 1 goal at home all season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Schurrle doesnt get enough game time for that stat to be relative. Yes it said 22 games but how many of them have been full 90mins?

Id say not many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Every time I happen to watch sky sports they come up with these outlandish comments, like: Josè doesn't rate all three of Schürrle, Selah and Willian. Chelsea looking to buy one player means they are gonna sell all three of the above...

utter nonsense. If we buy a player we shall sell one player. Preferably Selah on loan to Roma with option to buy. Next summer we can look into replacing Schürrle. Willian will stay i'd say for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Schurrle doesnt get enough game time for that stat to be relative. Yes it said 22 games but how many of them have been full 90mins?

Id say not many.

Exactly. He said that he came back with some mysterious disease from World Cup. Jose confirmed that, so it was true. That's why he wasn't using him at the beginning of the season. He said that Schurrle was very weak after WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Carpentry wrote: »
    Exactly. He said that he came back with some mysterious disease from World Cup. Jose confirmed that, so it was true. That's why he wasn't using him at the beginning of the season. He said that Schurrle was very weak after WC.

All the Germans were fcuked after the WC TBF

Given Joses comments yesterday I'd expect a fairly strong team out today.

Only Courtois, JT, Costa, Hazard, Cesc and Matic will be rested IMO.

• Advertisement

Given Joses comments yesterday I'd expect a fairly strong team out today.

Only Courtois, JT, Costa, Hazard, Cesc and Matic will be rested IMO.

So over half the normal starting 11 :)

So over half the normal starting 11 :)

Should have plenty to beat Bradford you'd imagine.

It shouldnt be an easy game anyway as much as I'd like it to be.

You'd imagine Schurrle and Salah will start, hope Remy does too but it might be Drogba.

Would love to see Solanke and Loftus-Cheek involved at some stage also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

As long as we can avoid a united like performance from last night.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    As long as we can avoid a united like performance from last night.

Bradford are a step up from Cambridge but in the same breath, we're a step up from Utd.

I cant see it but you just never know in football, gioven that we're at home you'd expect a 2 or 3 goal win against a plucky Bradford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

This game on normal box telly or amazing telly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Panthro wrote: »
    Wondering if BBC / Espn or someone are showing the game aswell?

Game not being shown on tv is it?

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Wondering if BBC / Espn or someone are showing the game aswell?
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    Game not being shown on tv is it?

AFAIK its streams only, although seen a few people online saying on their stream schedule, whatever service theyre using, the game isnt listed.

It makes no odds to me, I'm working until 5 as is. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

The last FA Cup match wasn't streamed either. You could only get the stream of the Chelsea TV live commentary.

Team is:

Cech
    Zouma Christensen Cahill Azp
    Ramires Mikel
    Salah Oscar Remy
    Drogba (c)

Bench is

Courtois
    JT, Ake
    Cesc, Loftus-Cheek,
    Willian, Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bring on the Cheek!

I'd have played Ake at LB.

Also, where the f**K is schurrle :confused:

Bring on the Cheek!

I'd say if we're winning by 2 or more Drogba will come off for the last 15/20 and Remy will go up top, RLC into CAM.

Bring on the Cheek!

Will Cheeky do?

From last nights U21's......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well we'll need a good performance to see past Pool next Wednesday, TBH, I'm confident we'll do it.

We're scoring enough at home to suggest we can do it, any score draw over 1-1 sends Pool through, as well as a Pool win, naturally.

Theyve a good shot of going through from this tie so its far from over.

I cant see it finishing 0-0 after 120mins so our away goal doesnt count for much TBH.

Who cares If we lose in the league cup anyway ..

the_monkey wrote: »

ME!!

The ****e I'll have to listen to from certain quarters in my vicinity will make my ears bleed.

the_monkey wrote: »

If we lose to Pool and beat City I wouldnt give a toss TBH.

If we lose both games then it will be a very poor week.

Our next game after City is away to Villa, one of the worst sides in the league but a bit of a bogey team of recent times. I'd much prefer to go into that game with an 8 point lead and no cup final than a 2 point lead and a cup final, if that makes sense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Are there streams available?

Team is:

Cech
    Zouma Christensen Cahill Azp
    Ramires Mikel
    Salah Oscar Remy
    Drogba (c)

seems like 4-4-2

anyone pm me a link

seems like 4-4-2

Remy played on the wings for Newcastle so I'd be surprised if it was a 4-4-2 TBH.

Could be Salahs last game.

I;m in work so I'm relying on ye to keep me updated :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Looks like no coverage again?

• Advertisement

pm me stream please

Probably only radio coverage :rolleyes:

yeah, was looking everywhere, but could only find radio stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Radio only coverage is extremely disappointing. Hopefully this is the last time.

Whats disappointing is 15mins in and no goals :pac:

1-0

• Advertisement

No idea who got it :pac:

Cahill goal from Oscar assist apparently?

Apparently Cahill has produced a Zola esque flick from a corner

""GOAL TO CHELSEA - GARY CAHILL!! Oscar whips in a corner to the near post. Cahill attacks it and finds the top corner on the volley - no chance for Williams. Chelsea have the breakthrough.""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What's going on ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement