Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Unless he wants to swap one bench for another I doubt it. :pac:

If we sold Lukau he'd be a decent back up, he'd be closer to the action than he is at Utd but he wont be starter.

Hes probably 4th choice at Utd right now with RVP, Rooney, Welbeck all ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Links not working, had to go through the website but I agree, good reads.

Cheers, should work now.

In work so cant link but some Twitter rumours suggesting Costa will be announced tomorrow.

Pinch of salt and all that but could be one to watch out for, as long as it doesnt drag on all summer and we can work with Costa in pre season ASAP, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hopefully they come to a conclusion that SB is still a feasible site to improve, without costing squillions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Killinator wrote: »
    Hopefully they come to a conclusion that SB is still a feasible site to improve, without costing squillions!

Its possible but it will cost a bomb and the added seats may not be worth it.

We'll have to increase corporate boxes and corporate space as that brings in crazy money. A corporate ticket for a game usually starts at 195 where as the cheapest seat in the stands cost about 52.

Sure the top level corporate ticket for a Utd/City/Arsenal etc game goes for about 495 depending on the apckage some go for more, the top price ticket in the stand is about 75 so it shows the difference.

Now we need more seats for the avergae Joe as weel , as with them no club can go forward as theyre the people in the ground for 30+ games and loyal.

The main issue with an increased SB is 3 fold.

1) We'd have to move and that would be expensive in renting or ground sharing.
    Talks of Wembley is all well and good but the FA would have to agree to it and maybe the local residents too, I know its a very sparce area around Wembley but that place is tough to get around for locals on match days and concerts, imagine that on at least 19 league games, 3UCL games a season, maybe raising to 30+ "home" games, I'm not sure on the cost of renting Wembley but I imagine the FA have been approached.

2) We'd have to fork up about a conservative 600 million to complete the project and thats without lobbying the locals and businesses in the area regarding increased volumes of people and posiblie buying of land, if I owned property down the Fulham road and I knew Chelsea needed land, I'd be holding out for premium prices.
    I remember my nan had a decent piece of land up by Cork Airport and when they were on about extending the Airport, probably back 10-15 years ago she got a crazy price for a few acres, nearly 3times what the property was worth and prices down the Fulham road are miles more expensive so the club could have a long and drawn out process with that and also not everyone down the area is a Chelsea fan.

3) We may not get enough seats for the price, thus locking us in a 50-55k stadium forever, basically. We could be locked into the SB site forever if the current development gets a go ahead, whcih would be good but only if we get the satdium right and the design right.

London Transport will have a bigger say than anyone when it comes to this ground development, if we can get the green light from them we'll be sorted, Fulham broadway is a crazy bottleneck on matchdays whcih in turn, f**ks up Earls Court for about a good 45-60mins after the end of a game,Oveground development for Londons High Speed 2 project might help us out to but thats years down the track, literally.

Phoenix wrote: »
    fixture list for next year:
    August 16: Burnley (A)
    August 23: Leicester (H)
    August 30: Everton (A)
    September 13: Swansea (H)
    September 20: Manchester City (A)
    September 27: Aston Villa (H)
    October 4: Arsenal (H)
    October 18: Crystal Palace (A)
    October 25:Manchester United (A)
    November 1: Queens Park Rangers (H)
    November 8: Liverpool (A)
    November 22: West Bromwich Albion (H)
    November 29: Sunderland (A)
    December 3: Tottenham (H)
    December 6: Newcastle (A)
    December 13: Hull (H)
    December 20: Stoke (A)
    December 26: West Ham (H)
    December 28: Southampton (A)
    January 1: Tottenham (A)
    January 10: Newcastle (H)
    January 17: Swansea (A)
    January 31: Manchester City (H)
    February 7: Aston Villa (A)
    February 11: Everton (H)
    February 21: Burnley (H)
    February 28: Leicester (A)
    March 3: West Ham (A)
    March 14: Southampton (H)
    March 21: Hull (A)
    April 4: Stoke (H)
    April 11: Queens Park Rangers (A)
    April 18: Manchester United (H)
    April 25: Arsenal (A)
    May 2: Crystal Palace (H)
    May 9: Liverpool (H)
    May 16: West Bromwich Albion (A)
    May 24: Sunderland (H)

38 wins, sorted :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

There'd be no point extending the Bridge unless we could get it to 60k, which is what we'd need to remain on an equal footing financially with the bigger clubs.

Anyone know how it would affect the club with regards to FFP? I know things like putting money into the academy can be written off in FFP, just wondering would is it the same or would it potentially reduce our spending power?

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    There'd be no point extending the Bridge unless we could get it to 60k, which is what we'd need to remain on an equal footing financially with the bigger clubs.

Anyone know how it would affect the club with regards to FFP? I know things like putting money into the academy can be written off in FFP, just wondering would is it the same or would it potentially reduce our spending power?

It can be 100% written off and doesnt effect FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Apparently Tiago will sign on a 2 year deal. Rejected offers from Zenit and Monaco. Massive meh to that signing if true.

Apparently Tiago will sign on a 2 year deal. Rejected offers from Zenit and Monaco. Massive meh to that signing if true.

Ya, kind of pointless unless we're shipping out a few CM's.

will end any tiny speculation in Kroos or Pogna

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wallace off to Holland next year, hopefully better than Italy anyway

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3940823/title/vitesse-loan-for-wallace?

we need Pogba :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Schurrle on at HT

Schurrle hes won it :pac:

What a goal

Cracking finish alright.

He should be starting IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Surprise surprise according to Brady schurle was lucky for his where as ozil done really really well! Pîss off Brady you're a useless commentator!

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Surprise surprise according to Brady schurle was lucky for his where as ozil done really really well! Pîss off Brady you're a useless commentator!

Brady anti chelsea? Never. :D

I seem to remember schurrle getting a rocket when we won 6-0 against some london team but sure a guy with schurrles international record doesnt have to skill to do that lol. :pac:

To elobrate my point i think schurrle and ozil flanking muller is better than Goetze.

Schurrle is a tireless worker and hes usually clinical and pops up with the odd goal.

He played ok when he came on and his finish was very instinctive.

Lovely goal by Schurrle,h e did well when he came on.

Looking forward to seeing him push on for us next season after a pretty decent first season. He's the type of player that would get into any squad, might not always be a guaranteed starter for us but he'll do a good job when he does start and can make an impact off the bench as well. Oh and he doesn't moan like those pesky Belgians. :pac:

Lovely goal by Schurrle,h e did well when he came on.

Looking forward to seeing him push on for us next season after a pretty decent first season. He's the type of player that would get into any squad, might not always be a guaranteed starter for us but he'll do a good job when he does start and can make an impact off the bench as well. Oh and he doesn't moan like those pesky Belgians. :pac:

Ive high hopes for Salah too.

We're covered for wide attacking players for the best part of decade if we can rotate the current 4 and weve a few to come back in atsu and t.hazard aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

So Tiago looks set to possibly join Chelsea on a two year deal, which is strange as with his age i'd have expected only a one year deal... Im not as against the move as most on here, hes a good player and had a good season for Athletico helping them win the league and get to the Champions League final (also being part of a midfield that outplayed Chelsea in both semi-final legs)

He's unlikely to be a starter, but there is no doubt that he is a good player to have on your bench. The only negative I can find with the move is that it may restrict the development and first-team chances that Marco Van Ginkel may get...

Also reports suggest Mikel will be staying at the club, and I dont expect Ramires to be sold either. We could be going into the new season with Matic, Mikel, Tiago, Ramires, Fabregas, Van Ginkel as our main central midfield options, thats pretty strong IMO and if we are going to play 4-3-3 (which the signing of Fabregas suggests we will) then there is room for 6-7 central midfielders at the club. We would be so strong in midfield, on the wings and behind the striker. Im really excited for next season.

Now lets get the Costa deal sorted, what the hell is keeping it so long?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Now lets get the Costa deal sorted, what the hell is keeping it so long?!?!

Perhaps their preferred replacement is still playing in the world cup?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Perhaps their preferred replacement is still playing in the world cup?

Like who? Benzema is the probably the best high profile CF we might have a chance with, I suppose it depends on what happens with Suarez.

Word on the Twitter street is that Costa will be announced this afternoon.

CFC.com running with goodbye stories for Hilario, Cole, Eto'o and Hutchinson today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CFC.com running with goodbye stories for Hilario, Cole, Eto'o and Hutchinson today.

Some good servants to Chelsea over the years. Cole was a fantastic player, Hilario not the worst 3rd choice keeper in the world, Hutchinson deserves so much credit for his comeback, and Eto'o who, erm, scored a few good goals

I'd rather have kept Eto'o than Torres or Ba for next season as 3rd chioce but was never gonna happen when he started talking at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd rather have kept Eto'o than Torres or Ba for next season as 3rd chioce but was never gonna happen when he started talking at the end of the season.

Eto seems, or his management team, quite financially motivated (ahnzi move?) so I'm sure when it came to negotiating his 2014 contract, they said 'look at all the important goals he scored last season, give us a wage equal to what he was in at ahnzi' to which they were told to politely PFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Still think its madness letting Cole go.

Panthro wrote: »
    Still think its madness letting Cole go.

Considering we've signed no LB, ya I'd agree.

With Wallace and Kalas both going on loan thats 1 capable RB and 1 who can and has played there out. Leaving us with 1st team FBs of Azp, Ivan on the right and PVA and Bertrand on the left.

If we get in Luis or a new LB then Bertrand or PVA will be out.

kev1.3s wrote: »

Good God did the worst analyst on TV really say that even for him that is quite shocking. I actually rarely watch football on RTE if I can help it and never do if he is one of the panel. I have sent a few emails to RTE complaining about him never received a reply so decided best thing to do is vote with my feet - or with my remote more aptly perhaps.

IMO he was an overrated footballer, decent but no more and is a terrible broadcaster.

Gotta love this from the Chelsea web site of the Ash farewell

Cole has had no reason to regret his switch across the capital, collecting winners' medals for the Champions League, the Premier League, the Europa League, the League Cup, the Community Shield and the FA Cup four times, taking him to his all-time record seven wins in that competition's long history. Arsenal without Cole did not lift silverware until this year's FA Cup final a week after he played his final Chelsea game.

That is classic

Harsh :pac:

Although Cole was an excellent servant to the club and will go down as a Chelsea legend IMO.

Cole has had no reason to regret his switch across the capital, collecting winners' medals for the Champions League, the Premier League, the Europa League, the League Cup, the Community Shield and the FA Cup four times, taking him to his all-time record seven wins in that competition's long history. Arsenal without Cole did not lift silverware until this year's FA Cup final a week after he played his final Chelsea game.

That is classic

Love it! :D

That is classic

(awaits angry mob of "holier than thou" fans...!!)
    :pac:

Confirmed deal for Schwarzer.

Bye bye Cech or Courtois

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3940754/title/new-deal-for-schwarzer

• Advertisement

Favourite Schwarzer game?

Why Anfield of course. ;)

Made a few good saves aswell as some excellent time keeping decisions.

doubt it although cech could leave, he might not be fit for the start of the season though . cech no.2 ,schwarzer no.3

peteeeed wrote: »
    doubt it although cech could leave, he might not be fit for the start of the season though . cech no.2 ,schwarzer no.3

Blackman or Walker for 3rd choice I'd imagine.

Given that Courtois is going to miss at least a week of pre-season, maybe longer due to the WC, it gives Cech more time to recover and come back.

Cech is due back around July 15th give or take so himself and Courtois could well be starting pre-season level, but Courtois summer of football will make him sharper IMO.

Anyway, I cant see Cech being sold until we sort out Courtois contract and I cant see Courtois signing a deal unless hes number 1.

We need Pogba, to complete the greatest midfield of all time*

* Not of all time but a pretty good midfield nonetheless. :o

Question, we've lost our long term vice captain in Lamps.

Cech and Cole have been known to don the arm band too in JT's absence but one of them is gone and another is likely to be sold.

So, whos our new vice captain? I'd say Cahill is probably the next best option, apart from him I cant think of another leader per se.

Question, we've lost our long term vice captain in Lamps.

Cech and Cole have been known to don the arm band too in JT's absence but one of them is gone and another is likely to be sold.

So, whos our new vice captain? I'd say Cahill is probably the next best option, apart from him I cant think of another leader per se.

has to be cahill and to pi$$ of the gooners , fabregas

peteeeed wrote: »
    has to be cahill and to pi$$ of the gooners , fabregas

My main thought would be Cahill, 100%

Other candidates, Ivan, Azp, Hazard, Cesc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think Ivanovic should get it as some recognition for his performances over the years, couple of nightmare games and not great crossing aside he is a solid, consistent defender.

• Advertisement

Forgot Mikel too actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement