Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Wow, that's impressively sh\te for players like Zouma Christensen Ramiers and Remy who really should be using these games to push for the starting 11, embarrassing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think Mourinho said it would be a disgrace for Chelsea to lose against Bradford. Fairly disgraceful alright. Few fringe players will be on their way. Bradford just know how to get the job done in the cups. Fantastic for lower league football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thats an embarrasment of the highest order TBF.

Fair play to Bradford and to M'boro also.

Two teams who on paper going away to the two "best" teams in England should have been blow away.

Spurs, Pool. Arsenal, Utd will all fancy the FA cup now.

Edit : Spurs gone too. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »

Two teams who on paper going away to the two "best" teams in England should have been blow away.

Spurs won't !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Spurs lost as well to Leicester - FA Cup is wide-open now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Spurs ? They're out too.

Probably the biggest one day of upsets ever.

Arsenal will defend this cup with ease, by far and away the best team left in the cup.

I only realised Spurs are out, some day of cup results alright. :D

well fingers crossed for an Arsenal - Utd draw for the next round and then a load of minnows to have a run at the final.

Imagine losing 3 games all season and one of them is at home to Bradford?

f**king Bradford? :rolleyes: Some players will hopefully never be seen again after that result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

I thought we were supposed to be notorious for closing out a game, ah well I'll settle for a treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

That result makes the liverpool game very important imo. How is it possible to b up 2 nil and lose 4..2 ? To a championship team.. we must have been terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

hahahahahah 4/2 ....

for the best really ... all in the for the league now, my only worry is if we can be that shíte at home to Bradford, we can be the same at home to City.

:o

TBH the Fa cup is more imortant than the league cup but yes the league is more important.

AS jose said though, its a disgrace if you lose at home to Bradford and hes just given people an excellent piece to beat him with.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    That result makes the liverpool game very important imo. How is it possible to b up 2 nil and lose 4..2 ? To a championship team.. we must have been terrible

Well they must have been terrible but Bradford aren't even in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I thought we were supposed to be notorious for closing out a game, ah well I'll settle for a treble

Sure I thought that treble of league, league cup and European cup does not count

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Sure I thought that treble of league, league cup and European cup does not count

The double will just about do so, I suppose it wouldn't be a failure :p

I'd be happy with the league, everything else is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

For Mourinho, I think this is actually more embarrassing than the MK Dons game for LVG. LVG used that game decide a lot of players futures and I feel Mourinho shall do the same.

Well done to Bradford though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I realise that it may not be a popular sentiment at the moment, but I'm finding it hard to give a fiddler's about going out of the FA Cup. It also may be the much-needed wake-up call that this wildly talented but curiously complacent bunch of players needs.

Hopefully Jose will take this stick and beat them severely about the nadgers with it. PS We're as shonky as shyte at the back once you take JT out of the equation.

• Advertisement

Jt is a huge loss but a league 1 side beating a team who have won 13 out of 14 home games in all comps is a disgrace.

In we were 2-0 up. I have to see the goals but there cant have been 4 mistakes we must have just been s**t. I hope it focuses the rest of the squad for pool and city as today was a farce.

From Bradford Twitter feed:
    Jose Mourinho has just been in an ecstatic away dressing room to congratulate every City player and staff member. A real touch of class.

In far more interesting news, Eidur appears to be starting up front for Bolton with Emile Heskey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Love it Bradford. Lads did us proud today! Get in City!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

At least we can focus on other comps now.

Anybody else with some consoling cliches to get over the defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'm actually not that bothered about it to be honest. Fair play for Bradford, delighted for them, and by the sounds of things it was fully deserved.

Huge wake up call to the fringe players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

at least Jose can go to the board and say "look at the player's I've to work with, I need Reus, Hummels, and Pogba"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

how did zouma play?

• Advertisement

The only positive is, the FA cup games we would ha e had to play were sandwiched either side of the psg games at least thats some comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

I know there a positives to going out but dammit I wanted the win the FA Cup.
    To be 2 up at home and go on to lose 2-4 is nothing short of the disgrace Jose said it would be.
    Hopefully some serious ass kicking going on in the dressing room to get rid of the deep routed complacency in the squad.

Im just going to keep blaming cahill until we get shot of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

honestly couldn't give a sh!t.... fa cup is a waist of time and i would call the season a failure if we just won it, so not winning it makes no difference. league is priority in my opinion anyway, then champ league

being beaten at home is the big issue here, losing a 2 goal lead is the big issue, it cost our fans a small fortune to watch that!
    whatever about the trophy.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    being beaten at home is the big issue here, losing a 2 goal lead is the big issue, it cost our fans a small fortune to watch that!
    whatever about the trophy.
    yes in the league maybe. but a cup... no

• Advertisement

fozz10 wrote: »
    yes in the league maybe. but a cup... no

as much as i like to say it doesent matter, it does!

losing at homeafter leading by 2 does matter, cup, league , friendly, whatever.

i just hope jose hop's off them for it.

Most of them dont deserve to ever wear the jersey after that terrible performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I honestly can't understand the lack of respect for the FA cup?
    It is one of the most famous if not the most famous cup's in world football!
    I for one am quite upset at our exit and also the manner of it too but I suppose I'd rather be put out by Brentford than the pool even if it is a much lesser cup.

Most of them dont deserve to ever wear the jersey after that terrible performance.

over react much??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Right forgive me if anything I've said here is wrong, I only just saw Match of the day.

Firstly, I'm not on for knee jerk statements, but someone needs to tell Willian he's not a winger. Every time the ball comes his way the attack falls apart like a 3am kebab. I would recommend a James Milner style transformation because hard work doesn't beat defenders or blanket defences. Considering the style of football we'll be up against this needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Salah is nowhere near good enough. To have no semblance of a first touch at this level is poison for us.

where is Kalas? Not physically where he is why is a dire Christensen playing ahead of a player who proved he can defend against a Premier league team. He needs to play with the team if we are to have some depth in defence. You cant learn the Chelsea way in Vitesse. And some of tge latter's defending today was embarrassing: get rid.

As per established players what the hell were Cahill and Azp doing all game???? Cahill needs a severe talking to and dave's positioning for the last 2 goals was a disgrace. If it can happen against Bradford there's no reason it can't happen against City.

There's a mentality in this team which needs to be cut out now. If we want a squad that can last the whole season then rotate the squad so every player who comes in can make a difference. If we give thart mid table team the same respect we gave them last Tuesday and today we're in serious danger of one step forward 3 steps back.

• Advertisement

fozz10 wrote: »
    over react much??

Not really. A decent amount of the starters are on the fringe and when youre 2 up against a league 1 side youd expect a team of that calibre to hold on or push on it. It simply fell apart with no apparent fight or desire. Nowhere nesr good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Not really. A decent amount of the starters are on the fringe and when youre 2 up against a league 1 side youd expect a team of that calibre to hold on or push on it. It simply fell apart with no apparent fight or desire. Nowhere nesr good enough.

Think the attitude of the second string players is something that needs to be looked at. if they can't perform tonight how can they be trusted at the Etihad or the Nou Camp?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Think the attitude of the second string players is something that needs to be looked at. if they can't perform tonight how can they be trusted at the Etihad or the Nou Camp?

That's not how Mourinho works though is it. He picks his strongest eleven for every game that matters and doesn't care much about the others. They need more time than an odd game, but he won't play them, never mind in a crucial away game.

As for it being a second string, it was 2-1 when Drogba, Remy, Oscar and Fabregas were on the pitch and 2-2 with Hazard.

Motivation from the group seems to be an issue. Cost us vital points last year. Only thing thats somewhat glossing over this result is its been a huge day of upsets, if it was just us it would stick out more.

Still doesnt take away that at 2-0 weve lost 4-2 at home.

If we beat city i wont mind but if we lose to pool and city there'll be serious questions asked of everyone, manager included, itll be a tough week to navigate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

kev1.3s wrote: »

It's simple. It's a more difficult cup to win than the league cup and you get virtually no money for winning it. A lot of effort for very little gain. It's the reason why the Europa league winner now gets a spot in the champions league.

You have to incentivise it for teams to take it seriously. There is too much as stake elsewhere. Offer a spot in the champions league for it. Then see what happens. Or up the prize money. Add 20 million to the overall prizepool and things would get a lot more interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I for one am quite upset at our exit and also the manner of it too but I suppose I'd rather be put out by Brentford than the pool even if it is a much lesser cup.

Your showing a lack of respect for the fa cup yourself though. It was Bradford not Brentford that knocked you out ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Your showing a lack of respect for the fa cup yourself though. It was Bradford not Brentford that knocked you out ☺

Technically, he didn't say that. He said he would prefer to be knocked out by Brentford rather that the pool, which I also agree with. 😉

cadaliac wrote: »
    Technically, he didn't say that. He said he would prefer to be knocked out by Brentford rather that the pool, which I also agree with. 😉

Well we could be k/o'd by the pool in a few days. Be nice to stop Stevie G getting to Wembley for a few months at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Perhaps I did but if we can do our bit to stop the pool winning another cup again this year I'll get over it.

Pogba scored this today

https://vine.co/v/OTAxPQhtdqz

he'll look good at the Bridge next year :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement